Atomic Rose 2019

Atomic Rose by Initio
Atomic Rose is a popular perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Givaudan

Turkish roseTurkish rose
Egyptian jasmineEgyptian jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
AmbrofixAmbrofix

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.10.2021.

Nikolai
Explosive rose miracle - close to the perfection of rosy fragrances
When I came across Atomic Rose by chance while browsing in the diverse expanses of Parfumo, I was already so fascinated by the Dutfpyramide that I have packed him directly on my wish list and told myself that I would have to strike at a suitable Souk.

This may seem odd because objectively speaking, it's not particularly special or extraordinary. It doesn't contain any unique and attention-grabbing ingredients like, for example, Hylnds - Bitter Rose, Broken Spear (Iron), but only relatively "normal" fragrance notes (although I have to say that Hedion and Ambrofix unfortunately mean nothing to me).
But especially at Penhaligon's fragrances I have learned that simple can also be better, less can also be more. For example, Portraits - Much Ado About the Duke and Portraits - The Coveted Duchess Rose show through their simple DNA and a nevertheless great fragrance that a pompous and rich composition need not be a prerequisite for an appealing perfume.

But now to the Atomic Rose: me as a rose fan, the fragrance notes immediately more than appealed to me and I was already sure before the first test to enter a blind purchase, if it offered itself.

And during a visit to the KaDeWe, which has an overwhelming and yet not quite gapless fragrance selection, suddenly arose the opportunity to sniff at the Atomic Rose.

My expectations of the Initio were accordingly high, after I have hyped myself up by comments and ideas about the fragrance - and I was actually not disappointed one bit.

Atomic Rose starts directly with the incredibly beautiful, strong and full rose. It has here almost a fruity character and is harmoniously accompanied by bergamot - which I can perceive but only faintly - and pepper - for me about 30 minutes really present.
But even immediately after spraying on, this characteristic floral fruitiness, which is composed of the three flowers of the heart note, is unmistakably perceivable. It is accompanied by a bright, slightly powdery sweet vanilla note, which, however, never becomes too present and therefore does not let the fragrance become too sweet.
It has succeeded that actually the floral heart note permanently retains the upper hand and radiates a fruity, tangy aura, which is not lacking in sweetness, but which does not end like, for example, a Layton in a single vanilla glue.

The sillage is outstanding on my skin, I am addressed to it as soon as I enter a room and even if I cover the places on which I have applied the fragrance with a sweater, I smell myself clearly and also my environment can not miss the magical rose sweetness.

For my standards, the durability is also great, after 5 hours, the rose has not even begun to fade and even after 10 hours I can still perceive it well. A sweetened fruit basket like Erba Pura may last an hour longer, but can also get on your nerves at some point.

Last but not least, the bottle is the aspect about Atomic Rose that gets the least good rating from me in relation. This may be in the eye of the beholder, but I don't find it particularly visually appealing. Still, it seems high quality and I can see the gigantic advantages to blacked out, opaque bottles. I like the purple one better than the black one, but I think it's unflattering that Initio keeps at least four fragrances in identical-looking bottles (e.g. Psychedelic Love ; Side Effect). But maybe I just haven't discovered the subtleties that set these same-colored bottles apart, so I can't appreciate them.

I don't think a conclusion will be needed - I think it's become abundantly clear that Atomic Rose could do practically nothing better for me. It's an absoultly stunning unisex fragrance (and I do mean unisex, in my opinion it's not too feminine to wear as a man) that can be worn at virtually any time of year on special occasions or evenings.
I envy everyone who can call a whole bottle of Atomic Rose his own and make sure that I soon also belong to the lucky ones!

Fresh, Versatile Rose and Vanilla
Bright, very fresh stemmy rose with a hint of sweet vanilla in the opening. And that's pretty much all it is, with the vanilla slowly taking over as it dries down. Rose, green, vanillic. The jasmine/hedione provides an airy quality reminiscent of BR540 that gives it a subtle sexy edge. I'm a huge fan of the rose focus, and the performance is nuclear. Massive projection for 4-5hr, longevity 9-11hr for me. Versatile, all-occasions fragrance.
The Bigger Better Badder sister to Delina
Atomic Rose is the big sister of Delina. But she is not only "older" but also "better" ... Delina Level up you could even say.

While the Delina is still very girlish (of course I do not mean childish or juvenile), the Atomic Bomb has it fisty behind the ears.

I love them both, but can definitely say that I wear them in very different situations. For example, if I wear Delina during the day then the Atomic Rose would be the level up scent for the evening.

BUT it's not uncommon that I wear either one or the other as scent of the day (into the night). With the Delina I always have a playful-seductive vibe ..with Atomic Rose it's different she radiates more power and accordingly she also gives me the feeling that all my ducks ? waddle in a row and I have every situation under control.

Not my cup of tea
I usually love rose scents, so I was even more surprised that I didn't like this scent. I smell something totally metallic and just can't enjoy it. Even after testing it several times, I'm still not a fan, although it appeals to me a bit more than when I first wore it. Definitely test it before you buy it, even if you love rose scents. Lasts a long time though and will be noticed by others.
5.5
Connie
A bouquet of bright fresh roses.
I know, I know, I'm already hard to please when it comes to perfume but I just can't warm up to Initio....

Atomic Rose should be a fantastic mixture of Delina and Baccarat Rouge. So my nose says something completely different. I would have imagined a fat, very ripe velvety rose with proper power but I got a freshness almost unripe light red rose..Which is slightly pungent..Power Yes but for me personally in an unpleasant way..

So first of all, Baccarat I do not smell, not even if I use my usually good imagination. Delina. Hmm, maybe a teeny tiny whiff but if then Delina la Rose, none of the other two. If you imagine Delina La Rose very very diluted and then think of how a very fresh bouquet of bright red roses smells, just when you open the paper, so quite green and very fresh, you have a good idea of Atomic Rose.

The scent, as I said, is quite green and slightly pungent. I would have imagined, as with every other Initio fragrance so far, what quite different. It will probably nothing with us...
sweet candyfloss
In the first moment I smell rose and sweetness, then directly fresh lemon / grapefruit, slightly salty, the scent pulls back a little. It follows a quiet rose, creamy, dark red, the sweetness remains, the green continues to resonate subliminally.

Based on the description, I had actually expected a full-bodied rose whopper, instead, the fragrance is light, sweet, somewhat rosy for me. Basically a nice fragrance, but m.M.n. not worth the price. I'm missing something tart, smoky, which would give the thing something special.
Meinesonne85
Vanilla salt on the rose ground
Side Effect and Rehab are terribly pungent and unfortunately nauseating on my skin, Blessed Barakka takes some getting used to and I still have to smell my way into Oud for Greatness, so I was not very hopeful about Atomic Rose, especially since I'm not a rose fan at all. Since Delina and Delina Exclusif but were complete surprises for me this year and have conquered my heart by storm, I had to give then but the "older sister" a chance.

And lo and behold, this is the only Initio so far, which could fully convince me. At the beginning comes out on my skin very clearly the Delina DNA, so I almost wanted to dismiss him, because I do not need another number 3 in my collection. But in the base Atomic Rose becomes very different from the powdery-vanilla drydown Delina Exclusif, which I also like a lot, namely a hint of "salty" in my nose, but not "sea"-salty, but spicy-salty and very addictive. Reminds me a bit of Schubeck's vanilla salt in my spice drawer. Durability and Sillage are top, but to this my Vorredner*rinnen have already explained too enough.

Conclusion: You need determined nich all three from the family, but really "need" one does not perfume anyway. For me as a perfume junkie, the three roses have their rightful place in my collection and I have for each a very specific "use scenario", a mood in which I want to wear it. Atomic Rose is the most grown-up of the three, similarly sexy as Delina Exclusif, but more stylish, a little less cuddly, but more profound.

Ptsau
Too feminine and too floral!
Scent is nice and enormous performance BUT not my taste. It’s too feminine and too floral. The Side Effect, Psychedelic Love and Oud for Greatness are much more my tastes. They are more unisex and unique. All of the Initio have enormous performance. I already got the full bottles of Side Effect, Psychedelic Love and Oud for Greatness. I also just found out it doesn’t contain any natural rose from Aaron Terence Hughes so it may not worth the price.

Atomic rose goes bang!
Let me first start by saying, I did not take the name seriously at all. It made me laugh, reminded me of atomic kittens (a British girl band with bad hair) and most of triggered the chemist in me. Of course they are atomic, roses and leaves and horses all composed of atoms, duh!! So for a while, I steered clear of « atomic rose » until last September. I blind bought it from a Niche shop for which I had a voucher., sorry I digress

Anyway, it arrived I tore into the package and I wanted to smell why it was hyped. At first sniff, I felt this is gorgeous. At second sniff, I thought it’s somehow familiar but I couldn’t recall which perfume it reminded me off. At that point, my better half chimed in, this is lovely but you have something like it. However, his enthusiasm for atomic rose was way louder than anything else I tried on. It’s syrupy rose, with a hint of vanilla. I can detect a hint of similarity with BR540, patiala and Bromptons immortals! It was similar but in no way redundant. I read some reviews describing it as green rose, I don’t detect any green elements but syrupy sweet rose on a bed of creamy vanilla and I presume ambrofix is the synthetic form of ambergris. This perfume is compliment magnet, it turns heads!

Despite the name, I fell in love!

Orsiborsi
Realistic rose with high class vanille
I have to buy it, it's so very beautifule! I'm a huge rose fun, always seeking the best rose scent...
This is a 4 seasons rose, very good with vanille. Unisex IMO, sillage is average,longevity is above average.

MontanaBMontanaB 5 months ago
5.5
Delina, did you grow a beard? Parfums de Marly clone of Delina with more performance and less girly ruffles. Still a clone, still a pass
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 7 months ago
Not your ‘into-into-the-face’, vain Delina. Elegant, perfect rose. Tad salty. Atomic performance. Highly addictive. Beware of full bottle
MariaSMariaS 10 months ago
Exactly as stated in its name. Atomic bomb of roses. I smell only rose. Not for me. If you want to smell like a flower bouquet go for it.

by AlexW
by AlexW
by Peeva
by Peeva
by Meinesonne85
by Meinesonne85

Popular Initio

Rehab by Initio Side Effect by Initio Oud for Greatness by Initio Musk Therapy by Initio Psychedelic Love by Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Oud for Happiness by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio High Frequency by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio