Oud for Happiness 2021

Oud for Happiness by Initio
Oud for Happiness is a new perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

BergamotBergamot GingerGinger Glycyrrhiza glabraGlycyrrhiza glabra VanillaVanilla CedarwoodCedarwood Indian oudIndian oud MuskMusk

Submitted by Aleyz, last update on 18.06.2022.

Oud for Greatness done Gourmand
I have to say after really liking Oud for Greatness this is the version to wear in the evening. I wear oud for Greatness as a day scent but Oud for happiness is much sweeter and spicier, definitely for a night out. Its very sweet and spicy, so I would call this a Gourmand. Its one of those that has you sniffing yourself and thinking wow I smell good. Great for sex. A few sprays on the chest will rub off on your partner and creates a very sensual cloud. It is a happy fragrance so it is well named. A good, sexy and almost relaxing fragrance by Initio.
Oud for Tralala....!
Since I already tested the OFG, I naturally wanted to smell the Oud for Happines on my skin as well.

No sooner said than done. Oh what a fine start....
The white musk and bergamot clearly lead the composition.
Of the oud I smell heartily little to nothing. I can not perceive it at least.
But perhaps it is the oud, which makes the fragrance so special and beautiful.

Like the OFG, the OFH has a fairly linear scent progression. It is definitely more wearable than its hard oud brother. This makes it for me the better fragrance and a candidate for in my collection.

With the four so far smelled fragrances of Initio can be more than satisfied and makes the fragrance house to one of the greatest new entries in the fragrance industry.
8 points
It's definitely a quality perfume, it has a soft start with citrus and something spicy. I feel it creamy, then some oud, but it's light. The sweet note is very balanced and pleasant. The performance 8h + and discreet projection. I think it's an intimate aroma and not so much that other people can notice it.
better than Oud for Greatness
The opening is very fresh for an oud scent, the bergamot and the ginger come out well. After half an hour to an hour, a good woody scent emerges that lasts the entire time. I would describe it as slightly creamy, woody with a subtle sweetness. I find Oud for Happiness better and more interesting than Oud for Greatness.
Marx1432
Liquorice or pure happiness?
Welcome to my first review,

i would like to take right away in advance, I was very excited about this fragrance and could not wait to test it myself! Is probably because I really liked the Oud for Greatness. I'm sure the beautiful design of the bottle also plays a certain role. But that's another story.

About the fragrance:

This starts namely with an admittedly beautiful combination of citrus and ginger. Extremely tangy, fresh, spicy and a slight green note I get at the beginning.
Let's move on to the question, "does this scent smell like licorice or not?". Honestly, I can actually somewhat relate to the licorice vibe. However, that impression lingers at most until the drydown and it's absolutely not a pungent licorice smell either. And for someone like me, who can not stand licorice at all, this is rather a small aftertaste and not annoying.
Later on, the composition becomes much woodier and darker. I mean that I actually smell the oud, which is responsible for the depth. Although Oud for Happiness is also not an oud grenade but I think you can actually perceive the oud. I didn't manage that with the predecessor, for example :D. The vanilla gradually makes itself heard and complements the fragrance with a slight sweetness. Towards the end remains for me a wonderful, woody vanilla musk note over.

Performance:

Honestly, I don't really need to say much.... I think no one takes it amiss when I say that one of Initio represented a certain performance in almost every fragrance. And so it is the same with this one. Once again, the performance is very good. The fragrance lasts long and also it forms a great scent cloud around you. Tested in the morning, still smelled it in the evening. My fellow men have also confirmed this. So I would assume now times of +/- 12h. (If not even better).

Conclusion:

Oud for Happiness is, in my opinion, a thoroughly successful release, which actually reminds me of no other fragrance. In addition, I feel him as clearly unisex. With the OfG was that, at least according to my perception, a bit more into the masculine.
Whether the name now to the fragrance almost everyone must decide for themselves. I like the fragrance and yes, he also makes me happy :D.
I am very curious how the fragrance will beat the masses so and can hardly wait to welcome another of this collection!

JMWeedJMWeed 7 months ago
A sweeter, softer take on OFG. Very good blend, quality and performance.
Basilisk2803Basilisk2803 7 months ago
Real masterpiece, but what a disappointment - doesn't stay on me at all. Or my nose goes blind after an hour? Bought from a trusted CH shop
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A sweet and musky, oriental spicy-woody Fall fragrance, balanced by a brief, yet uplifting citric-spicy opening. Very smooth. 100% Unisex!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
The opening is citrusy with spicy ginger and sweet licorice. A smooth wood in the base and a creamy, vanillic drydown. Very appealing scent.
RazvanykeRazvanyke 9 months ago
Make Erba Pura lighter, add some ginger and call it Initio. Kajal Dahab 99% and 100€ more expensive. Seems like a Chris Carbonnel creation.

by Jolanda12
by Jolanda12
by Christoph69
by Christoph69
by Journey82
by Journey82

Popular by Initio

Rehab by Initio Oud for Greatness by Initio Side Effect by Initio Musk Therapy by Initio Atomic Rose by Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Psychedelic Love by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio High Frequency by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio