Fleur Nocturne 2009

Fleur Nocturne by Isabey
Bottle Design Rania Naim
Fleur Nocturne is a popular perfume by Isabey for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Panouge. Pronunciation

Jean Jacques

JasmineJasmine
MagnoliaMagnolia
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.11.2021.

Fleur Nocturne is a modern version of Bleu de Chine.

The scent of the jewel?
Hello you fragrance-loving creatures and welcome to my commentary on Fleur Nocturne by Isabey. This fragrance I am presenting today is the new edition of Isabey's "Bleu de Chine" from 1924. The new fragrance could not be launched with this name anymore, because until the new edition another brand protected the name. I think that this refers to the fashion/clothing brand Bleu de Chine, which you might know.

Well, I didn't know them, so I had to look it up... I think I should spice up my fashion knowledge a bit, on the other hand I bet that you also have never heard of one or the other brand. Or do you know this one shoe brand that is supposed to be well known... this... Nike or whatever it is called... mu ha ha ha ha ha :DDD

Okay, stupid joke, let's get back to the scent. So Fleur Nocturne is, as I said, the new edition or successor to Bleu de Chine and was inspired mainly by gemstones like amethysts, although I don't really know what gemstones have to do with the fragrance content, as I would expect more mineral scents (like in scents like Terre d'Hermès) if I were inspired by gemstones, but which are not present here. But that doesn't matter, because first of all it's much more important how the scent smells like that and secondly there are many many many motivations to compose a fragrance, which like everyone else don't necessarily understand or need to understand, right? Well, let's have a sniff then!

The smell:
The fragrance begins floral and fruity. On flowery scents I smell mainly white blossoms, which I can't determine well once again. So I guess the gardenias (these are the white flowers, right? Let's have a quick look in Google pictures... and yes, I was right, yeah, I'm getting better and better at botany :D) and the jasmine, whereby the jasmine here smells more natural and not as sweet as in some mainstreamers like Alien (although these scents are also great, but no, you don't like them, hmph!). Anyway, you can smell peaches or apricots on fruity scents. All together they make a nice, not necessarily fresh, but not heavy scent.
It remains fruity-sweet later on, but there seems to be a faint herbaceous note in the background when smelling it.
In the base it smells mainly soft-sweetish with jasmine and generally light flowers, while now the fruity part is somewhat reduced. But I have to say that the base smells good, but also comes across a little bit like a conventional but well done mainstream, which is hardly different from the 1000 other fragrances, which all smell like this one. Well, all in all it's still a very nice scent, which just seems to lack a little bit of individuality. .

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite good and you are immersed for a while in a nice scent cloud, which is not so much room filling (with normal application of the scent), but still smells quite good on one, and without having to get very close. The shelf life is also quite good with about ten hours.

The bottle! The rectangular, or rather square bottle (most of them seem to have the round version of the bottle) is dark blue and covered with beautiful white and black floral designs. On the front (or on the lid of the round bottle), the name of the fragrance is written in gold letters. The neck is also polygonal, resembling a precious stone to match the fragrance's inspiration (although this "feature" is unfortunately missing from the round bottle). Both versions of the bottle, the rectangular and the round one, are very beautiful, but for me, the rectangular one looks best.

Conclusion:
All right, first of all: the scent has nothing to do with a gemstone like amethyst. Where the inspiration came from or why one would compose a rather flowery-fruity scent for a gemstone inspiration instead of creating a fragrance with scents like minerals and such is a mystery to me, but well, that's just the way it is.

Anyway, the most important thing is that the scent smells pretty great. Maybe it seems a little bit simple, because it "only" smells fruity and sweet, but it is simply great made and smells pleasant in the nose! Since it is neither really heavy nor really fresh, you could use it as an allrounder, so it could be used at any time of the year, except maybe during heat waves. And from the scent it fits especially well into the evening or for going out.

Well, it is later more "mainstream" and smells like many other good scents, but that doesn't bother me now, because it's quite nice. But for this reason it doesn't necessarily have a recognition feature, at least not for all those who already know some scents.
But still, it's worth a test.

And yes, that's it for today and I wish you all a nice evening :)
So long!

Gardens
This is just a heavenly perfume. It transports me to a time in Savannah walking through all the beautiful gardens and being surrounded and enveloped by all of the wonderful floral aromas. This is hearty and full of fruit blossoms as well. I would wear this on a romantic stroll with my beloved. Devine!

Soft delicate Gardenia & Jasmine
This is such a beautiful perfume, really is a gentle, soft floral. I really appreciate the natural composition of Gardenia backed up by a quiet Jasmine. There is something slightly creamy about this, possibly the sandalwood base that makes it extra soft on the drydown. For Gardena lovers, a must try! Though its very expensive, I would glady have this in my collection over the other Jasmine & gardenia perfumes i have. I prefer this soft creamier creation.

by Jasmine87
by Annfrost
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Isabey

L'Ambre de Carthage (2011) by Isabey Gardénia by Isabey Sir Gallahad (2017) by Isabey La Route d'Emeraude (2012) by Isabey Lys Noir by Isabey Prends-moi (take me) (2020) by Isabey Perle de Gardenia by Isabey Perle de La Route d'Emeraude by Isabey Tendre Nuit by Isabey Perle de Lys Noir by Isabey La Route d'Emeraude (1924) by Isabey Sourire Fleuri by Isabey Bleu de Chine by Isabey Le Gardénia by Isabey Le Muguet by Isabey Le Chypre Celtic by Isabey Jasmin d'Isabey by Isabey Le Lys Noir by Isabey Sir Gallahad (1924) by Isabey Mon Seul Ami by Isabey