L'Eau Majeure d'Issey Shade of Sea (2019)

L'Eau Majeure d'Issey Shade of Sea by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design: Mai Hua

L'Eau Majeure d'Issey Shade of Sea is a new perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2019. The scent is aquatic-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMarine notes
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Sandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.06.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 5.5/10

Outside Hui, inside ... a logical surprise
An optically attractive, clear bottle and a fragrance list that reads like a sure number... Bergamot of course, THE standard top note par excellence, then Maritime Notes... to expect at the naming "L'eau Majeure d'Issey / shade of sea" and sounds like "we thought something over for you". The name makes like the flacon for itself seen, already something ago. Finally we find in the base the two probably most frequently used woods. What's going to go wrong? Actually nothing, because what I mean by logical surprise in the title is... i Depp, am surprised by the obvious, because I put my nose hoping to discover a 2019 summer scent, which like the bottle already radiates purity and uncomplicated freshness, but nevertheless brings a very own character. The surprise is not unexpected sweetness, depth, spiciness, freshness, fruitiness or warmth... but I am surprised by what one can actually think of... also 2019 will be set to any 0815 drugstore fragrance, why did I expect anything different. Of course, it wouldn't sell well if it was called "Eau D'Standard drug store scent" instead. In my comments I usually go through the individual phases and describe what a fragrance reminds me of at the beginning, after hours and at the end and what I can perceive in isolation. It's hard for me here, but I'm trying to summarize it in one sentence: A fragrance that is arbitrary at any time, that reminds me of nothing but an unround, fully synthetic drugstore men's fragrance at every stage, because it is one. Only those who expected or hoped for something else will be surprised. Is that a bad smell now? No, for most people it's certainly a great one, because it's not about art, creativity, innovation or challenge... it's about money. When I personally hate trekking shoes to a wide blue jeans with sweaters imprinted with English words like the plague, 70% of the people outside still walk around against any fashion. Therefore, please check with me that this is my personal taste and I do not want to devalue or insult anyone who finds it beautiful... or like to wear such shoes....because they are comfortable...and practical...and durable....and warm..... but ugly. ;-)

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake