L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey 2018

L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design Todd Bracher
L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey is a perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2018. The scent is aquatic-spicy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesClary sageClary sage
RosemaryRosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
AmberwoodAmberwood
CashmeranCashmeran
Black salt
Base Notes Base NotesTonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 21.10.2021.

Fragrances the world does not need part 1
Uff it's already hard to write a review to the fragrance.
Can you leave but no good hair on the fragrance.
But I would like to warn the Mitschnüffler before such urgrottigen fragrances.
What can I say. The first second after spraying on I already knew that this would not be better.
The fragrance is non stop by a penetrating urine note ensnared and accompanied. In addition, something joins, which reminds of sweat smell.
I wonder what goes through the perfumer's head when he smells his result for the first time.
Here seems to have been probably mental derangement or loss of olfactory nerves in the game.
Otherwise I can not explain this here.
Patchouli makes the whole also not better. It reinforces the whole thing with a musty undertone.
I hope such missteps will be absent from the house of Issey in the future.
For this one there is only one.
Off into the bin.......
Strolling on the beach
As with its predecessor, the 50ml bottle is a hand candy and eye candy at the same time.
The olfactory impression of metal and technology is reflected in the lid. Whereby by expanding the theme in blue color. A matt brushed metal. In the predecessor L'Eau Majeure d'Issey the silver lid also gives the impression of metal, while here it got its bluish shimmer from heating. This flanker is also a little sweeter, just as heated metal can also smell a brief moment.

Here, too, the water and especially the sea is a major theme. However, the L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey conveys, unlike its predecessor, for my sensation, the approaching early morning. The sun's rays are warming. It is no longer so cold. The plants of the sand dunes smell stronger here than the mudflats or the washed-up smorgasbord of seaweed, driftwood and secretions from the digestive tracts of marine mammals.

A playful citrusy sweetness, but without the Italoesque cestiness. A little more natural in the sense of herbaceous. Which probably results from sage and rosemary. Spring flowers merely as a reminiscence by the vanilla rounded.
All this is with this one more on the aromatic surface.
Nevertheless, also reveals itself here the tried and dear muff from the beach.

Here, too, the futuristic technical theme is maintained in the proven synthetic aesthetics of a laboratory fragrance. Chemistry is in the air and this can have a pleasant atmosphere of an antique pharmacy. Thus, the Flanker also does justice to its sci-fi cyberpunk genre with naturalistic and antique elements in the spirit of Issey Miyake and the Japanese philosophy of duality.

Whereas the L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey is more accessible and would find more approval than its predecessor or alternatively thereby ifiger interesting and unique seems than its predecessor.

Nevertheless, this gem also seems to fall prey to great disapproval. Whereby I have already written my thoughts on this in my review of L'Eau Majeure d'Issey and use this review only to name the differences and the similarities.

Enclosed, turning to the negative reviews: I like mainly the Scotch whiskies from the island of Islay, whose raw materials are smoked by peat fire. Which is why especially the Islay whiskies are very smoky. One of my favorites (the 10-year-old Talisker, theme of the sea par excellence), or rather its aroma has been called "toilet stone" by those who have spurned it with me, while I float in whiskey heaven.
So it may well or unfortunately also Issey Miyake's predecessor, as well as the flanker L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey fare. Certain aromas require complementary experience, as well as a penchant for peculiar aromas (no, not those of urinal stones).
No Front, because I'm well aware that I'm reviewing a designer fragrance that, according to the fragrance pyramid, obviously has synthetic ingredients. For the L'Eau Majeure d'Issey and the L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey, however, I see the synthetic as not decisive, but rather its general aroma, as a stylistic device, which may well appear to one or the other nose bulky and unwearable. Just as the good old Talisker may share the same fate, whereby the purely natural Ingridenzien in itself. Its creator had no technological futurism as an intention, in contrast to the L'Eau Majeure d'Issey series. But for all three applies: 'Made by the sea"

The durability, as well as the sillage is also very solid here. The fragrance projects all its elements stable further without losing anything of it.

Here I see what reveals itself to my eye, the wind is tepid, the sun warm bleaches shells white I collect here. I taste sea salt and seaweed scent. The beach is fuller this time, here a dog in his happiness, there children happy. Nothing more in the sound of the sea and waves that calmly beat against rocks

An intense aquatic from Miyake
A different kind of aquatic scent, modern but serious and perfect for businessmen.

I'm not saying it's strictly for work - far from it -, but this fragrance gives the right aura to an executive.

It's refreshing but intense, with a strong smell of sea breeze, sea salt and wet wood dried in the sun on the beach.

This fragrance reminds me of my childhood, when we walked along the shore of the beach and played in the boats that were on the sand... So for me, the purpose of the fragrance is perfectly accomplished:

It isn't a classic and common aquatic scent; it's more serious, dark and perfectly capable of evoking real olfactory memories in a pleasant way.

Logically, to achieve that effect it uses several synthetic notes of high quality, but that can confuse enthusiasts of pure, simple and natural oils.

- Longevity & Sillage: Very solid in both cases; heat, humidity and perspiration can vary greatly the behavior of any perfume - especially in summer -, but it has a great performance.

- Ocassions & Mood: I find it perfect for office, outdoor activities, chill time ... It's very versatile and for me, it fits perfectly with the image of a modern and dynamic executive.

I prefer it for late spring, summer and early fall... And I have to say that I like this one more than "L'Eau Majeure d'Issey", although the OG may be better for hotter days.

- Conclusion: A modern, great and intense "woody aquatic" release. Without a doubt, it has a place in my collection.

So enjoyable!
So yeah this is a chemical bomb, synthetic as hell! Now, that doesn't mean L'Eau Super Majeure is a bad fragrance, at least not an awful one. This is a very nice acquatic, some salty elements, citrus and some sweetness to it. I get sea water and cashmeran the most.

This is one of the lesser flankers in the whole Issey collection and yet is a frag I really enjoy dispite the synthetic feel, I liked it better than L'Eau Majeure
4.5
Hits the void!
Issey Miyake has succeeded in creating a rather trivial fragrance here. There are traces of his original DNA here and there but they get lost in a pungent spicy note. When I read the fragrance pyramid I recognize only tonka bean, vanilla and patchouli. The amber wood in combination with the salt is present at the beginning but after a short time also gone. Therefore, I would describe in as a spicy-sweet fragrance as aquatic.
Durability and Sillage are not exactly good, but I have experienced much worse

BardiaGHBardiaGH 8 months ago
Salty sweet aromatic Aquatic with smoky woody undertones. Masculine timeless and great.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 8 months ago
Fantastic bottle..good sprayer. I get the comparison to megamare...but a lot lighter and probably more wearable daily. Personally I love it.
ArtistscentArtistscent 9 months ago
A million times better than L'eau majeure, this actually works quite brilliantly, like a cheaper version of Megamare (and it came first)
DPArtistDPArtist 1 year ago
Blind buy, wanted & expected to love this but sadly seems to react badly with my skin & smells odd, not so bad on paper. Awesome bottle!
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
I like it more and more every time I wear it, I don't get the poor rating
Nik604Nik604 2 years ago
This is good frag,strong, modern, robust and very long lasting.Also versatile and four season. Not liquid candy crap with rating 8...

by Golcher
by Golcher
by Ernie824
by Ernie824

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam / ロードゥ イッセイ プールオム シェード オブ コーラム by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake