L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey 2018

L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake
L'Eau Super Majeure d'Issey is a perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesClary sage, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Amberwood, Cashmeran, Black salt
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Greifswald, last update on 18.09.2020.

Crack a lance
I must take up a lance for that fragrance. 5.One rating?! I don't get it. It does have a tiny little toilet note. But on the whole, the most obvious notes are clary sage, amber wood, salt, tonka bean and vanilla. It is an interesting mixture of sweet and salty, a bit like salted caramel :D
The scent has a very calming effect on me, because I find it smells like my sweater when I was eating with my family in a good German restaurant. Do you know what I mean? Such a mixture of smells from a traditional restaurant, smoke, many other people (no idea how the smell should get on my clothes but ok :D ) and good solid home cooking. But in the positive sense, the smell is very earthy and gives a pleasant feeling, so at least that's how it is with me. Durability and Sillage very good. 2 sprayers behind the ears is usually enough, otherwise it can become obtrusive.

An intense aquatic from Miyake
A different kind of aquatic scent, modern but serious and perfect for businessmen.

I'm not saying it's strictly for work - far from it -, but this fragrance gives the right aura to an executive.

It's refreshing but intense, with a strong smell of sea breeze, sea salt and wet wood dried in the sun on the beach.

This fragrance reminds me of my childhood, when we walked along the shore of the beach and played in the boats that were on the sand... So for me, the purpose of the fragrance is perfectly accomplished:

It isn't a classic and common aquatic scent; it's more serious, dark and perfectly capable of evoking real olfactory memories in a pleasant way.

Logically, to achieve that effect it uses several synthetic notes of high quality, but that can confuse enthusiasts of pure, simple and natural oils.

- Longevity & Sillage: Very solid in both cases; heat, humidity and perspiration can vary greatly the behavior of any perfume - especially in summer -, but it has a great performance.

- Ocassions & Mood: I find it perfect for office, outdoor activities, chill time ... It's very versatile and for me, it fits perfectly with the image of a modern and dynamic executive.

I prefer it for late spring, summer and early fall... And I have to say that I like this one more than "L'Eau Majeure d'Issey", although the OG may be better for hotter days.

- Conclusion: A modern, great and intense "woody aquatic" release. Without a doubt, it has a place in my collection.

So enjoyable!
So yeah this is a chemical bomb, synthetic as hell! Now, that doesn't mean L'Eau Super Majeure is a bad fragrance, at least not an awful one. This is a very nice acquatic, some salty elements, citrus and some sweetness to it. I get sea water and cashmeran the most.

This is one of the lesser flankers in the whole Issey collection and yet is a frag I really enjoy dispite the synthetic feel, I liked it better than L'Eau Majeure
4.5
Hits the void!
Issey Miyake has succeeded in creating a rather trivial fragrance here. There are traces of his original DNA here and there but they get lost in a pungent spicy note. When I read the fragrance pyramid I recognize only tonka bean, vanilla and patchouli. The amber wood in combination with the salt is present at the beginning but after a short time also gone. Therefore, I would describe in as a spicy-sweet fragrance as aquatic.
Durability and Sillage are not exactly good, but I have experienced much worse

DPArtistDPArtist 24 days ago
Blind buy, wanted & expected to love this but sadly seems to react badly with my skin & smells odd, not so bad on paper. Awesome bottle!
GolcherGolcher 75 days ago
I like it more and more every time I wear it, I don't get the poor rating
Nik604Nik604 13 months ago
This is good frag,strong, modern, robust and very long lasting.Also versatile and four season. Not liquid candy crap with rating 8...

by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Oceanic Expedition by Issey Miyake Fusion d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake