L'Eau d'Issey Absolue (2013)

L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

L'Eau d'Issey Absolue is a limited perfume by Issey Miyake for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Limited Edition

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Lotus
Heart Notes Heart NotesNight-blooming jasmine, Provençal honey, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Precious woods

Submitted by Joe, last update on 27.05.2019

7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

A declaration of love to Eau Absolue
I used to stop when I walked past a jasmine bush to sniff it and sink into its perfume with my eyes closed for a while Today I have worked a lot, now I need something comforting familiar.
You, my Eau Absolue. I need you now.
Your lotus rises from my wrist, now and then green notes of freesia reach me, too, but it says goodbye after a few moments, before you had noticed it correctly.
Oh, Eau Absolue... you're so gently floral-soft...

I once had a jasmine bush standing in my shared room when I went to England to study. My room smelled of jasmine all the time, day and night, of this beguilingly beautiful white scent, which is really not at all pompous or sweetish, but soft, delicate and also contains green notes. You change in the same way now, Eau Absolue, after about 10 minutes - you smell like my little jasmine bush from back then...
A drop of honey in addition and nevertheless you appear to me at no time sweet, but always balanced, "soft" I would describe you most likely, you are soft like flowing material, so cool and smooth, which one would like to touch again and again, in order to conjure up this special feeling again and again.
Your warm vanilla bed becomes slowly perceptible, I smell your lotus still far into the heart note. I like that, that spicy, flowery but somehow something strange about the lotus.
In former times I found you above all sensual, meanwhile I find you simply clean, round, pleasant. You're less sex, more cuddling. Comforting.
You'll also find tart wood notes that blend beautifully with the Lotus Jasmine Vanilla Cuddly Blend. You are a scent for the evening, a scent for the night like your night flowering jasmine, but you can also be a scent for the morning. It's the bright sunlight that makes you uncomfortable.
5.0 2.5 2.5 1.0/10

Absolutely Disappointed!
I had recently purchased L'Eau D'Issey Florale and was extremely happy with the quality of this fragrance. When I had the opportunity to purchase Absolue at a bargain price, I jumped at the opportunity. I now know why it was reduced!

I was very happy when I initially applied it, there was a gorgeous thick honey surrounding the familiar L'Eau D'Issey vibe. I looked forward to this developing into a beautiful rounded fragrance. I was to be so disappointed. Within the space of an hour the honey had completely dissipated and I was left with a ghost of what was the original L'Eau D'Issey. I'm confused, surely the word "absolue" is used to give the impression that one is purchasing a more concentrated, thicker, richer version of the original? Not in this case. Olivier Cresp has let us all down terribly with this flanker. It doesn't have the staying power or the depth of the original. Once the initial honey disappears all I can smell is a very faint, slightly powdery wood. No vanilla, none of the floral notes show themselves to my nose.

I shall, in future have to be more circumspect when purchasing Issey Miyake. I shall test first. L'Eau D'Issey Absolue has taught me that all that glitters is not gold.
5.0 2.5 4.0/10

Coutureguru
Suspect marketing in Flankerville ...
House Issey Miyake churns out flankers at a rate of knots ... lately with the word 'absolu' tossed in for good measure. Unfortunately, it simply feels as if this marketing strategy is an 'absolu'-te scam to wring yet more life out of L'Eau ... when in actual fact I would be quite happy with an original, un-reformulated bottle.

Now ... by all accounts I should really like this 'Absolu' version. I mean c'mon ... night blooming Jasmine, Honey AND Tuberose?!?!?!? Be still my beating heart. PLUS the allure of 'precious woods' giving my spine a tingle ... brrrrrr.
Dear reader ... my assumption regarding the word 'absolu' when connected to a fragrance conjures up all sorts of wonderful ideas of a liquid so potent that one or two spritzes is going to carry me off on a cloud of fragrant vapor for hours on end. HA!! With a longevity of a measly 3 hours odd on my skin, L'Eau d'Issey Absolu is probably one of the more epic fails in fragrances I have tried lately.
It seems as if the good people at House Miyake have jumped on the nouveau marketing band wagon of 'stuff-the-top-notes-full-and-heavy-to-secure-an-immediate-sale' mentality.
For the first half hour I am truly in love with this concoction ... the Jasmine is rich and creamy, the Tuberose lush and a beautiful woodiness to the whole sends my little heart beating faster. I was nearly taken in ... luckily I was distracted by my 'phone and had to leave the store, saving me from an immediate purchase. When I started snuffling my arm to find where I had sprayed L'Eau d'Issey Absolu an hour later I was rather disappointed.

Back in the day when the first incarnation of L'Eau d'Issey hit the shelves I was in fragrance heaven. Since then, the flankers have all smelled relatively similar, only with less and less sillage and longevity. Why could the original simply not have been left well enough alone? I suppose that's the question that would create an earthquake in Flankerville ...

by pudelbonzo
by Neptuna
by Lulu169
by Lulu169

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake