L'Eau d'Issey Fleur de Bois (2010)

L'Eau d'Issey Fleur de Bois by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey Fleur de Bois is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Amber, Freesia, Mimosa absolute, Rose, Cedar

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 09.03.2017

5.0 7.5 5.0/10

L'eau d'Issey with more cedar
Well I'll admit I had been dragged into trying Fleur de Bois due to it's modern, woody bottle design, and the intriguing and mystical sounding name, 'wood flower'.

I'm a little disappointed to find this a subtle and rather bland woody aquatic. For a long time I couldn't smell this fragrance due to its incredible softness and fragility. It shares some similarities with the original L'eau D'Issey, yet I find this fragrance less refreshing and appealing.

Freesia is a difficult note in some fragrances, often being the cause of a sharp soapy accord. Fleur de Bois does come across as smelling like floral soap, however the cedar note clashes, creating an odd dirtiness as opposed to a clean and delicate feel.

I hate to say it, but up close, (when I liberally press my nose to my wrist), Fleur de Bois smells like hot sick. It's chemical and acidic, which is in my personal opinion, incredibly off-putting.

I also find Fleur de Bois quite masculine and strange through most of its development on my skin. In the drydown there is some improvement, with a soft muskiness coming to the fore. This is where I agree that Fleur de Bois is polite and office-appropriate.

All in all, a woodsy scent that does live up to its interesting name, just a little more chemical than I had expected.

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake