L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport 2012

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport is a perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeatherLeather
NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.01.2022.

The feeling of freshness
Hello everyone,

i do not want to overrate the fragrance, but in the category of fresh fragrances with a sporty elegant touch I must confess "I just really like it"!!!!

After the morning shower before work, or after sports can hereby conserve the so-called "freshly showered" feeling for the next few hours.

It is now no particularly extraordinary fragrance to expect, but in the sense of a FRESH FEEL it performs exactly that in perfection.

To start you take the mixture of bergamot and grapefruit was and after a few minutes can be perceived a woody and masculine scent.

M.E. he comes across quite powerful and performs on me about 3-4 hours.

I am very happy to have him

Zesty summer scent
Is this the lovechild of Givenchy Insensé Ultramarine and Issey Miyake's original Eau d'Issey?

Very fresh notes that are not half as cloyingly sweet as the original IMEI, this scent is a wonderful summer freshie. The contrast between mint and leather gives a singular zest which makes it stand out from other sport fragrances. Performance is unfortunately underwhelming.
Unspectacularly perfect
It is so difficult and at the same time so easy to find the right summer scent.

Not too heavy, not too light, not too complex, not too shallow, not too hard, not too soft, not too dark, not too pale, not too cheap, not too rich, not too office, not too sheikh
Somehow, at 40 degrees in the shade, I am more quickly annoyed by little things that could disturb a fragrance than in winter, when I am tolerant and relaxed, shaking the most diverse spices, drinks and woods on my skin...

My "but-yes-but-no-side-of-the-difference" from last summer:
Yuzu from Issey Myake - boring, one-dimensional. Yuzu from Acqua di Parma - too unisex, too good. Dior cologne Sport - not bad, a bit too weak, but one of my favourites, maybe next year again. Chanel Sport eau extreme dingsbums - too tonka-sweet, you almost feel ashamed. Bvlgari pour homme - pretty, pretty good, exaggerated musk, can be a pain in the ass.

Or even this one.
Fresh, direct, present, clearly masculine, well balanced, not obtrusive in any room, but for me long perceptible. Fruity, but a little bit complex because of the leathery touch.
If it gets hot again, I won't do anything wrong And that's quite a lot, for a summer scent...

AgnesEva
A fragrance for each sex
Whether female, male or diverse, I recommend this wonderful little water to everyone. A fragrance that makes you feel good and radiates energy. Not the best performer but you can spray for the low price. :) Grapefruit, leather and cedar in perfection, nutmeg as the icing on the cake in the heart. I love this fragrance and wear it very often. :)

Golcher
I had to adjust my expectations
I didn't like this fragrance when I first got it, actually it was a huge disappointment. My mistake was blind buying, I was looking for a fresh, minty gym scent so when I saw the word "Sport" in the name I thought to myself: "go for it".
This is an office fragrance rather than a Sport one, it's misleading. Once you understand this is no sport scent you can go ahead and judge accordingly. It's leathery, synthetic, spicy, aquatic to some extent. The grapefruit is not as paramount as I'd hope and overall a nice fragrance.

*Update: It's starting to grow on me, it's actually quite nice. I'm becoming a fan of the Miyake house

Ready. Set. Awesome.
I – ABSOLUTELY – LOVE – THIS – SMELL. Can’t get enough of it – which is strange considering that it’s not even that great of a composition. Compared to the original, L’eau D’issey Sport (LDS) is spicier, more masculine and far heavier on the bergamot. But there’s just something about it – perhaps the combination of vetiver and spices mixed with a synthetic aquatic accord – that’s so familiar, maybe even a little nostalgic... ADDiCTiVE is how I’d describe it.

Right from the word go, I get a rather aggressive spicy grapefruit and vetiver. Considering my signature has been Bvlgari’s Man Extreme for quite some time (plus I adore Terre de Hermes), I’d recognize it anywhere. But here’s where the turn happens – in comes the spice. The combination of green vetiver and nutmeg with whatever leather accord Mr. Cavallier used (because there’s absolutely no detectable leather in this) gives the composition a slight MINTY feel; and although it’s not officially listed in the notes, it’s there, trust me. Perhaps it’s this undertone of cooling mint that prompted the “sport” designation? I dunno.

But to me, the balance of notes give the overall impression of a spiced-and-iced green tea. It sounds weird, I know, but that’s the best description I can give; and as far as sport fragrances go, I personally think it’s a stroke of genius. Combine that with some sort of synthetic aquatic accord (an ambroxan derivative maybe?) and you’ve got it.

As a side note, the perfumer Jacques Cavallier also composed several fragrances for Bvlgari including the original Aqva, Aqva Marine, Amara, Atlantique, Pour Homme AND Extreme, so you can see the direction we’re heading – aquatic, salty, spicy, tea-ish... It’s also no surprise that LDS contains little hints here and there of ingredients used in all of those compositions. And being a rather exuberant fan of Bvlgari myself… me like.

On the performance side, LDS may be the quintessential embodiment of the 200m dash. When you first spray it on, it starts off pretty humble, but gains strength quickly. 15 minutes in, you’re running. 30 and you’re in a full-on sprint. We’re talking BEAST MODE projection for nearly 90 minutes, unabashedly spurred on by the strong spices and synthetic base. Never before have I encountered a sport fragrance that not only smells like a new pair of sneakers once in a while, but that projects so massively for so long. Woweeeee.

But in a stunning turn of events, the projection suddenly burns itself out within 2 hours (but WHAT a 2 hours! Yeeesh). The aquatic feel dials wayyy back, leaving a dry and rather synthetic spicy vetiver behind. Total longevity on me has to be around 5-6 hours; but let’s face it, this is a scent for sprinters. And can we talk a little about that bottle? FAN-effing-TASTIC. Everything from the colours, to the sleek profile, to the rubbery feel of the cap, they absolutely nailed it with this one. Probably in my top 3 bottles ever made. But that’s coming from a lifetime athlete so…

In summary, all I can say is that this one is a winner for me. It literally has it all – the freshness, the spiciness, the familiarity, the bottle design and heck, even the performance out of the gate. But would I recommend it as a blind buy? Nuh-uh. NO. Unfortunately, the original L’eau D’issey is no indication of the scent, so if you want to get a better idea of the feel, have a sniff of some of the Bvlgari line mentioned above and see if they work for you. If they’re a YES, then this one should be right up your alley… or should I say, racetrack?

Scent – 8.5/10
Longevity – 5.5/10
Projection – 7.5/10 (Beast mode for the first 1.5 hours)
Overall – 8/10

GolcherGolcher 3 years ago
is Sport the right name, did something get lost in translation?

by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by SaSu77
by SaSu77
by Bnd007
by Bnd007

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam / ロードゥ イッセイ プールオム シェード オブ コーラム by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake