L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (1994)Eau de Toilette

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design Fabien Baron

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesVerbena, Coriander, Mandarin, Clary sage, Yuzu, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Nutmeg, Saffron, Waterlily, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cypriol, Musk, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.07.2020.

Japanese wave
This fragrance is probably the most frequently bought of my fragrance corner. Not because it's my favorite perfume. Often it was lost in my insatiable curiosity for unknown scents. But flashbacks, which some people here surely know, always brought me back to him. To the fragrance:
Immediately after spraying, the citrus notes stand out, which, in my opinion, qualify the Léau d Issey as a fresh "fair-weather" fragrance. Are perceived by some as artificial, I think that depends on how you feel about Yuzu fragrances. The drydown, which starts after 1.5-2 hours, still has a woody/spicy aura that gives it a masculine note. With its release in 1994, it is already a classic among the fragrances. Which one does not notice him, thanks to his timelessness. With the durability and Sillage one should not expect miracles. Normal edT level (-6h), for the price okay. In short, a fresh, masculine water that doesn't penetrate too much.
Hopefully my comment gave one or the other an impression of this well-proven but fortunately not too widespread fragrance.
This is my first contribution and I hope you'll follow me if something got flat or long in some places.

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Loyal companion of my life
I can't even say when it began ... over 20 years, I'm sure. I only know it was love at first sight. This overwhelming fresh note of Yuzu that brings many companions with it that make the fragrance more multidimensional and profound than many other citrus/fresh scents. With me this fresh note remains for a long time and when it then fades away there is still a pleasant and complex scent composition that envelops me pleasantly. Small anecdote : I am sitting with my wife in a beautiful restaurant. It is already late and we are the last guests and still enjoy our digestive. Suddenly the cook looks into the dining room and looks at me questioningly and says. L'Eau d'Issey ? I nod - and he says that he recognizes this scent everywhere and that he finds it so unique. He is right!
Crystal Cult 2080
The idea of the smell of water, clear lines and calm, minimalism, rock gardens.
Zen or what was left of it. The Great Nippon 1994, Orientalism 2.0.

No time to breathe deeply, however, after spraying on: like glistening neon light, the aroma chemicals, which are now well known from various household products, jump into your face. Very briefly there is some citrus fruit, Yuzu for my sake, then the molecules, all of which at some point shortly after their creation have received the stamp of "freshness" from their creators, push forward and rather violently. It smells like a new station wagon, professional cleaning, room scenting, ironed shirt and cleaned hands. The relevant musk derivatives meet ambroxan and muscate/peppery spices and remain arrested for hours in their piercing urgency.
With the abstraction to the water thought there was perhaps irony in the game, who knows, but I rather think about laser beams.
The supposed overdosage of certain fragrances has always been an important stylistic device (think of No.5, Cool Water, TdH etc...), for which one can/must give artistic recognition, but I don't necessarily want to be permanently exposed to this representative, although I don't want to deny his importance and the idea of laser beams and digital crystal worlds would be an attractive associative alternative.

P.S.: If you still don't want to do without Yuzu with harsh aquatics in summer, we recommend "Note de Yuzu" as a test tip.

Fresh fresh Fresh
If i needed something to brighten my day , i will always go for this delightful perfume !
Fresh spice , Fresh citrus .... does not smell cheap at all

Oske7
Great scent, needs many sprays
I need to spray this one a LOT to get any kind of performance out of it, but in general I love the smell. It's a very fresh citrus, not at all cloying to me in any way. Lasts a decent amount of time with enough sprays. The weaker sillage may also may be due to the small atomizer on my bottle. Overall I've worn this twice now and will definitely be wearing it a lot the rest of the summer.

Cell
I really don't get it...
I just really don't get the hype over this fragrance. Sure it's pleasant but I think there are better options out there.

At first blast, there's the strong citrus smell(yuzu). At this point, all the notes are just mashed together. You can smell the citruses, spices and woods all at the same time. After several minutes, the citruses die down a bit and you will get this bitter, spicy scent. This stage becomes linear and goes on until it fades away.

Sillage is okay but longevity is abysmal. I got a newer batch so maybe I'm missing the grandeur of the old formulation that enthralled many of its fans.

One of the Best Citruses I've smelled
This one is MUST, and definitely a nice blind buy, for any citrus lover.

It kinda reminded me - in a far more refined way, of course - a fragrance we've got here in Brasil, called "Arbo", by Natura.

The citric, fresh, aquatic notes in L'eau D'issey makes it a trully masterpiece for anyone who enjoys these kind of scents.

Lasted a good 7-8hrs in my skin.
Sillage is ok as it is, it's not invasive or too strong.

Great!
5.5

Unusal yet not for me
I do a lot of blind buys and out of all of them this frag is my biggest regret... I can see why so many people enjoy it but it just does not agree with my nose. It has that strong citrus (yuzu) scent right off the bat but to me it just smells like urine. The perfume develops nicely into a earthen vaguely powdery citrus smell yet I still get mostly pee from it and it's a wicked turn off. This is a big disappointment to me as I had high hopes for it, I even went as far as to buy the big bottle which was a bad decision. Again it's unusual and may be for some people but for the rest of us there's just something not right going on....

A Citrus Scent
This scent starts off on a citrus note and gradually evolves into a woody note. On a good day L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme will make you happy. Many say it's a crowd pleaser, but I sometimes don't find this cologne fascinating. I got it as a gift, otherwise i would have chosen Acqua di Gio or Terre d'Hermes.

But yet it's a well constructed scent.

Very nice aquatic
The first time that i smell this fragrance was weird, i did not get any "aquatic" notes, to me are all "green" (it remind me a walk for a path with abundant vegetation).

But my wife loves it and after some tests, i learn to love it too. Other people have the same reaction: Some loves and some think that is a weird fragrance.

PROS:
- Unusual fragrance.
- Very well made.
- Very good projection and sillage (its really nice).
- Long lasting power (unsual in a aquatic)
- Ladies like it.

CONS:
- Unusual fragrance (some people can think that is weird).

For me, it's a must have. Definitly, try it.

Regards.

Amazon1975Amazon1975 56 days ago
Really can't go wrong with this....it's a classic. Maybe changed over the years but still smells good and it's still a summer staple
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
Citrus, spicy, and woody accords compound this supreme cologne. My signature scent when it was released, great performances, a masterpiece!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
For 25 years, Eau d'Issey has always been the synonym of freshness for me.
Glorious Yuzu!
Divine Acqua d'Issey!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
Apparently minimalist, essential and perfect son of the 90es, it reveals a complex aromatic bouquet with spicy accents.Fresh and refined
DPArtistDPArtist 11 months ago
So full of character! A sharp, crisp citrus and spice. Cavallier's uniquely classy concoction may split opinion but is a sure-fire classic!
Hoban27Hoban27 13 months ago
this is a magnificent fragrance but after reformulation they killed it (thumbs down) .......
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 2 years ago
I tested it , it citrucy good for using in summer but for me i didn't like it that much.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
2 years BEFORE ADG, and better than ADG. Anyone else?
H27H27 3 years ago
I'm just a simple user. It seems that this fragrance is well "seen" and I like citruses but I did not like this. I am sorry.

by ChopIsland
by Nizarito
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Issey Miyake

Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Yuzu by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Oceanic Expedition by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake