L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme 1994Eau de Toilette

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design Issey Miyake, Fabien Baron
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesVervain, Coriander, Mandarin orange, Clary sage, Yuzu, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Nutmeg, Saffron, Water lily, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cypriol, Musk, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.04.2021.

Classic
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme was a kind of love at first sight for me. Because I have a weakness for fragrances in minimalist frosted glass bottles. I associate that mostly with cleanliness, freshness, citrus,...
I liked this fragrance right away.
The scent opens with a sour yuzu note and there is a green note floating around in the background, I'm guessing it's verbena. The yuzu fruit is extremely popular in Japan and looks exactly like a lemon on the outside.
The difference is in the aroma. Most people know what a lemon smells and tastes like. Yuzu is less acidic and goes in a slightly fruitier direction.
Throughout the development, an incredible freshness is perceptible.
Extremely present is also the slightly sweet mandarin and vetiver, which gives the whole a slightly earthy undertone.
Over time, sandalwood also lets out its spicy and masculine character.

In conclusion, I can say that Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme is the epitome of Japanese elegance for me. It is very fresh and citrusy but at the same time clearly more complex than one would initially suspect.
Over time, it gains spicy notes, but they are by no means heavy and give the fresh character of the fragrance some variety. The sourness of the yuzu weakens with time and reveals the diverse character of this Asian fruit.

Is unfortunately not many good yuzu fragrances, this one is simply a classic that is second to none. Therefore, he is also for a long time a fixed part of my collection.

MirzAsim
This Perfume is by fare one of my favorite
Incredibly similar scent to Acqua di Gio (EDT), just a tad warmer, deeper, and a bit soapy, whereas AdG is lighter and cooler.
It's almost like the Japanese brother of AdG, but the shortcoming is that it lacks smoothness and has this harshness that can choke some people, judging from the reaction of a few co-workers who coughed to it.

Longevity is also very similar to AdG, it lasts for 1-4 hours on the skin and then suddenly vanishes completely. On clothes, it can obviously last much longer, depending on the fabric.

The price is decent and if you like colognes like ADG and CK One, then it's a good purchase and you also get a tiny bit extra longevity.

To me what really is off-putting, is the unnecessarily long and bulky bottle, which really stands out and makes it look like an air-freshener in a Hotel, and the tacky package... they are really out of place.
Midsummer scent
He is very bitter / sour when spraying and also really only suitable for the hot days from 25 degrees I personally find. But the warmer it gets the better it smells :)

Durability is ok, you can spray on times every 4/5 hours, but he does not cost the world
First contact in 2020
I bought this fragrance blind this year because I am not a fan of the summer scents that have been released over the last few years.

The fragrance opens very intensely. I didn't know the ingredients exactly, so I thought I smelled grapefruit, lemon or lime or something similar. In any case, the opening is very citric and a bit sour for still "trainees - noses" like mine.
After some time this fragrance becomes milder and above all softer, which makes it very pleasant for my nose. This is probably due to the sandalwood. Additional notes such as musk and vetiver in the dry down made me understand why this fragrance is called pour homme.

When I got the first compliments for the fragrance, I suddenly liked it even more and I wore it the whole week with great enthusiasm, as the durability is also really good. The following week came the "disillusionment". I hardly noticed it after 1-2 hours and there were no more comments from others, which made me realize that this fragrance unfolds its full splendor when it is really hot, because it was much cooler in week 2 than the week before (35 degrees).

Conclusion: For my "beginner's nose" a Yuzu bomb, which becomes softer in the dry down and develops into a very masculine and versatile fragrance. It also performs very well at high temperatures! I like it very much and I don't regret any of the few Euros the fragrance has cost compared to the other current summer scents
Wolkensaft
Old-fashioned, my ass -- timeless!
I have now heard (or read) several times that L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme is beautifully composed, of high quality, a real classic, etc. pp. but too old-fashioned to be worn today. For many people, this perfume seems to be more like a perfume that you just have in your collection but don't use it.

That is admittedly nonsense. The stuff is more than portable, I think for all ages. Not a whiff of "old people's perfume." Just as little shrill teeny stuff that you just can't wear after a certain age. It's refreshingly unfashionable, in the best sense of the word: not following any fashions that go as fast as they come. Virtually timeless.

Freshness behind the curtain
Very fresh opening, mainly citron with some unknown to me notes, based on reviews it can be Youzu. However, after a while, it tones down it is like it behind some wet curtain, almost like someone is showering, and only some notes are coming to you.
Projection and silage are quite limited to me. It could be a very nice summer scent but lacks longer freshness, and perhaps warm spring would be perfect for it.
Japanese wave
This fragrance is probably the most frequently bought of my fragrance corner. Not because it's my favorite perfume. Often it was lost in my insatiable curiosity for unknown scents. But flashbacks, which some people here surely know, always brought me back to him. To the fragrance:
Immediately after spraying, the citrus notes stand out, which, in my opinion, qualify the Léau d Issey as a fresh "fair-weather" fragrance. Are perceived by some as artificial, I think that depends on how you feel about Yuzu fragrances. The drydown, which starts after 1.5-2 hours, still has a woody/spicy aura that gives it a masculine note. With its release in 1994, it is already a classic among the fragrances. Which one does not notice him, thanks to his timelessness. With the durability and Sillage one should not expect miracles. Normal edT level (-6h), for the price okay. In short, a fresh, masculine water that doesn't penetrate too much.
Hopefully my comment gave one or the other an impression of this well-proven but fortunately not too widespread fragrance.
This is my first contribution and I hope you'll follow me if something got flat or long in some places.

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Loyal companion of my life
I can't even say when it began ... over 20 years, I'm sure. I only know it was love at first sight. This overwhelming fresh note of Yuzu that brings many companions with it that make the fragrance more multidimensional and profound than many other citrus/fresh scents. With me this fresh note remains for a long time and when it then fades away there is still a pleasant and complex scent composition that envelops me pleasantly. Small anecdote : I am sitting with my wife in a beautiful restaurant. It is already late and we are the last guests and still enjoy our digestive. Suddenly the cook looks into the dining room and looks at me questioningly and says. L'Eau d'Issey ? I nod - and he says that he recognizes this scent everywhere and that he finds it so unique. He is right!
Crystal Cult 2080
The idea of the smell of water, clear lines and calm, minimalism, rock gardens.
Zen or what was left of it. The Great Nippon 1994, Orientalism 2.0.

No time to breathe deeply, however, after spraying on: like glistening neon light, the aroma chemicals, which are now well known from various household products, jump into your face. Very briefly there is some citrus fruit, Yuzu for my sake, then the molecules, all of which at some point shortly after their creation have received the stamp of "freshness" from their creators, push forward and rather violently. It smells like a new station wagon, professional cleaning, room scenting, ironed shirt and cleaned hands. The relevant musk derivatives meet ambroxan and muscate/peppery spices and remain arrested for hours in their piercing urgency.
With the abstraction to the water thought there was perhaps irony in the game, who knows, but I rather think about laser beams.
The supposed overdosage of certain fragrances has always been an important stylistic device (think of No.5, Cool Water, TdH etc...), for which one can/must give artistic recognition, but I don't necessarily want to be permanently exposed to this representative, although I don't want to deny his importance and the idea of laser beams and digital crystal worlds would be an attractive associative alternative.

P.S.: If you still don't want to do without Yuzu with harsh aquatics in summer, we recommend "Note de Yuzu" as a test tip.

Fresh fresh Fresh
If i needed something to brighten my day , i will always go for this delightful perfume !
Fresh spice , Fresh citrus .... does not smell cheap at all

JuandsqJuandsq 5 days ago
Mi fragancia firma sin duda alguna está fragancia es un espectáculo sencillamente deliciosa, no pasa de moda
DemeteraDemetera 6 months ago
The amount of the opening's citrus is enough to deter someone, but after an hour the sharpness evaporates and leaves an intoxicaing smell.
TombbbTombbb 9 months ago
Your typical average designer fresh scent. Smells just like any other frag of that type. Citrus, vetiver, wood
Amazon1975Amazon1975 11 months ago
Really can't go wrong with this....it's a classic. Maybe changed over the years but still smells good and it's still a summer staple
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
Citrus, spicy, and woody accords compound this supreme cologne. My signature scent when it was released, great performances, a masterpiece!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
For 25 years, Eau d'Issey has always been the synonym of freshness for me.
Glorious Yuzu!
Divine Acqua d'Issey!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Apparently minimalist, essential and perfect son of the 90es, it reveals a complex aromatic bouquet with spicy accents.Fresh and refined
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
So full of character! A sharp, crisp citrus and spice. Cavallier's uniquely classy concoction may split opinion but is a sure-fire classic!
Hoban27Hoban27 2 years ago
this is a magnificent fragrance but after reformulation they killed it (thumbs down) .......
FirasmalanzyFirasmalanzy 3 years ago
I tested it , it citrucy good for using in summer but for me i didn't like it that much.

by ChopIsland
by Nizarito
by Echtdufte
by Echtdufte

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Yuzu by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake