L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme

Eau de Toilette (1994)
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake
Flacon Design: Fabien Baron
Compare Prices
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) (Issey Miyake)
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) (Issey Miyake)
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 1994. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesVerbena, Coriander, Mandarin, Clary sage, Yuzu, Cypress
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon geranium, Nutmeg, Saffron, Waterlily, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cypriol, Musk, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2017

Sillage 6.0/10
Longevity 6.0/10
Scent 7.5/10
2 Awards
I really don't get it...
I just really don't get the hype over this fragrance. Sure it's pleasant but I think there are better options out there.

At first blast, there's the strong citrus smell(yuzu). At this point, all the notes are just mashed together. You can smell the citruses, spices and woods all at the same time. After several minutes, the citruses die down a bit and you will get this bitter, spicy scent. This stage becomes linear and goes on until it fades away.

Sillage is okay but longevity is abysmal. I got a newer batch so maybe I'm missing the grandeur of the old formulation that enthralled many of its fans.
Sillage 7.0/10
Longevity 7.0/10
1 Award
One of the Best Citruses I've smelled
This one is MUST, and definitely a nice blind buy, for any citrus lover.

It kinda reminded me - in a far more refined way, of course - a fragrance we've got here in Brasil, called "Arbo", by Natura.

The citric, fresh, aquatic notes in L'eau D'issey makes it a trully masterpiece for anyone who enjoys these kind of scents.

Lasted a good 7-8hrs in my skin.
Sillage is ok as it is, it's not invasive or too strong.

Great!
Sillage 6.0/10
Longevity 7.0/10
Scent 5.5/10
2 Awards
Unusal yet not for me
I do a lot of blind buys and out of all of them this frag is my biggest regret... I can see why so many people enjoy it but it just does not agree with my nose. It has that strong citrus (yuzu) scent right off the bat but to me it just smells like urine. The perfume develops nicely into a earthen vaguely powdery citrus smell yet I still get mostly pee from it and it's a wicked turn off. This is a big disappointment to me as I had high hopes for it, I even went as far as to buy the big bottle which was a bad decision. Again it's unusual and may be for some people but for the rest of us there's just something not right going on....
Helpful Review    3 Awards
A Citrus Scent
This scent starts off on a citrus note and gradually evolves into a woody note. On a good day L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme will make you happy. Many say it's a crowd pleaser, but I sometimes don't find this cologne fascinating. I got it as a gift, otherwise i would have chosen Acqua di Gio or Terre d'Hermes.

But yet it's a well constructed scent.
Longevity 10.0/10
Scent 9.0/10
1 Award
Very nice aquatic
The first time that i smell this fragrance was weird, i did not get any "aquatic" notes, to me are all "green" (it remind me a walk for a path with abundant vegetation).

But my wife loves it and after some tests, i learn to love it too. Other people have the same reaction: Some loves and some think that is a weird fragrance.

PROS:
- Unusual fragrance.
- Very well made.
- Very good projection and sillage (its really nice).
- Long lasting power (unsual in a aquatic)
- Ladies like it.

CONS:
- Unusual fragrance (some people can think that is weird).

For me, it's a must have. Definitly, try it.

Regards.
Helpful Review    4 Awards
Favorite!
Thats a wonderful citric floral for all seasons.

It's classic and timeless.

Not too sweet, not too citric: it's a very well balanced scent - lots of yuzu and other citruses very well blended with herbs and a little of woods.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are excellent!

Definetely a MUST HAVE! Worth a bottle and a backup bottle! Thumbs up.

Updated January 2014
Scent 0.0/10
3 Awards
One Of My Two Least Liked Fragrances...
Agree with the negative comments on the web... I found this one extremely cloying and synthetic, and way too floral for my tastes. I am so very glad I got a sample to try of this before buying, as it saved me some big bucks. Personally I would buy Bellagio for Men by Parlux over this that is 1/4 the price, somewhat similar, and much, much better smelling. 1 star out of 5. This is tied with Secretions Manifiques as my least liked scent.
Sillage 5.0/10
Scent 6.0/10
Helpful Review    2 Awards
One of my favourite masculine aquatics
L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme is lovely and crisp. Issey Miyake is certainly the house to go to if fresh, citrusy or aquatic Summer scents are what you crave.

Scents like these are often what my male friends tend to always smell like. For this reason, crisp and clean scents put me at ease, however they don't entice me or turn me on. Which is a good thing.

The scent is a little predictable, however I really like it in its inoffensive and refreshing state. There's nothing nicer than a man that smells clean.

L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme opens with zesty citrus, mostly the bright, sparkly, yellow kind, with a subtle hint of garden herbs. As it develops further, the watery aspect becomes apparent with a slight sea water saltiness counteracting with the woodsy and somewhat bitter vetiver.

Some reviewers are saying that this composition is quite synthetic smelling. While I somewhat agree, being one that finds almost all aquatics quite chemical, L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme doesn't smell too much like a scientist's lab. The synthetic ingredients are only very light on, not nearly as harsh as some aquatic fragrances are.

The longevity is superb, if not the longest lasting masculine aquatic I've ever encountered. I can understand why this fragrance is so popular amongst the men during Summer and a particular favourite among the women.
Scent 1.0/10
3 Awards
eau de high school?
To me, this is very cheap and fake aquatic, the sort of thing a guy puts on to let you know he's making an effort, even though he doesn't like colognes. I tried using up my sample as a room spray, but it just made me think of some high school guy dressed up for a "big date." (I know this wasn't around when I was in high school, but something similar must have been.) On the other hand, I see that so many men on here have this - makes me wonder whether it smells very different on a man than it does on me or in the air. (052309)

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Yuzu by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake