L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense (2007)

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design: Fabien Baron

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense is a perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-citrusy. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange, Mandarin zest, Yuzu
Heart Notes Heart NotesCamphor, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Saffron, Blue water lily
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Papyrus, Benzoin, Frankincense

Submitted by Schoen, last update on 25.05.2019

10.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

issey intence
Just need a little understanding of her concept. citrus - incense love ❤️ mandarin citrus - yuzu - incense smoke . lasting 8-9 hours. hot weather- cold weather no problem_- spices and smoke-
They help in the cold. nice scent
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Carlitos01
Fresh, spicy and smoky - love or hate?
In my profile I say that I only review scents I like. With Eau d'Issey Intense It's clear for me that I don't love it but it's not clear if I like it or if I don't. I had to own this fragrance anyway as its perfumist - Jacques Cavalier - is the nose behind jewals like, Dior Midnight Poison, Bvlgari Aqva and Aqva Amara (all the Aqvas actually), Cartier Pasha For men, L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme and Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme, Rive Gauche Pour Homme, M7 and Elle, and many others.
I don't consider this Intense version as a flanker of the original L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme. It's an "independent" creation with almost no ties to the original EDT.
The fragrance opens with a strong dry yuzu note (not a big deal for me as I really don't like bitter dry aromas remembering toniq water), with sour mandarine peel (not for me as well) and some orange and bergamot. The citrus side of this opening is a strange one and not really the type of citrus scent I am used to like due its sourness, bitterness and dryness.
The heart notes reveal a strong camphor and cardamom. The bitterness becomes balsamic. The cinnamon middle note is almost non detectable and cannot impose its swetness.
The bottom notes with a strong incense and ambergris notes amplify the balsamic aura but also give the fragrance a dark smoky accord that i find pleasant. However the disagreable dryness and austerity is sustained now with a very dry papyrus note.
In the drydown, amber and benzoin make the bitter dryness recede a bit. The smoky darkness (more grey than black) also prevails in this phase. This accord is somewhat similar to the tarmac/concrete vibe that you get from For Him EDT by Narciso Rodriguez.
The sillage and projection are average, and the longevity is slightly above average.

What do I get from the Eau d'Issey Intense math?
Scent Opening: 6.0 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 8.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 6.5 (2 good sprays may last 4~6 hours)
Sillage: 6.5 (3~4feet at its peak with just 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 9.5 (The smoky accord of this fragrance evoques For Him EDT by Narciso Rodriguez)
Wearability: 10.0 (a four seasons scent either in outdoors or indoors, day or night)
Versatility: 8.0 ("all around" versatile fragrance; some specific fragrances may be better for specific environments like intimacy, dates, night out, office, gymn, beach, outdoor activities in very hot days, very cold days or nights)
Compliments: 5.0 (This fragrance it's not a compliment magnet, not even close)
Quality: 8.0 (Above average quality, quality ingredients, nice flask, nice sprayer)
Presentation: 8.0 (no faults, elegant traditional Issey Miyake flask)
Price: 8.5 (100 ml non tester for € 23 + shipping)

Overall rating: 7.64/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;
Advice: I recommend this fragrance only to those people who really like dry, bitter citrus fragrances. Try before you buy. I will not buy this fragrance again.
7.0 6.0 8.0 6.0/10

Nope.
I'll be brief. I had several opportunities to get a 75 mL bottle for less than 20 bucks and decided to pass each time. Why? Because I wore it twice (open-mindedly), and just couldn't seem to stomach it.

It's harsh. And not the kind of harsh where you're like, "Whoa! That's harsh". It's the worse kind - where it lures you in for a sniff or two with some freshness and you can't really make up your mind...but then it hits you - the nose cringe - incense. No no no no no. Look, I love the original L'eau D'issey, and the first time I sprayed Intense, I thought "Alright. Familiar. Nice and fresh. Not too bad..." But 3 minutes in...here it comes - papyrus, nutmeg, frankincense, ambergris. Yeah. People say "wet concrete", but I would simply say "burning." It smells like...burning.

Sure, I basically knew what this was going to smell like from all of the reviews I read and watched online, but I was still considering blind buying this. Good thing I didn't, because it never would've gotten worn. There are simply far better and more appealing options IMO. And don't get me wrong, there are some redeeming citrus and floral notes in this, but that papyrus and incense....man....

Guys, I'm telling you right now that I'm a BIG fan of spicy frags. But without any woods, amber or sweetness to balance it out, it's just, say it with me - too harsh. I mean just LOOK at the notes - 4 citruses and 6 spices. What do you expect? An aquatic?

So you have to ask yourself one question, "do you feel lucky...punk? Well? Do ya?" Because I don't. And I certainly don't think I'm ready to smell like acid. But heck, if you're bored, why not have a go? After all, it's not a BAD scent, it's just...
8.0 6.0 8.0 9.0/10

Elysium
Stunning like a big whoa!
I am a big fan of Issey Miyake's scents, I think I have or have had almost all the original ones and all the flankers. Yeah, I do agree with other guys who feel not much similarity to the original Eau d'Issey, however, there's a vague reminiscence of it, perhaps cause they share some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and saffron, but that's it. This one is not as citrusy as the original, though the trail has something that reminds its eldest bro.

The opening is stunning! At the first stage, the darkly citrus notes of tangerine peel, enhanced with bergamot, yuzu, and sweet orange peel's juice wrap you like a blanket. I said darkly since that aura is ain't like common spring/summer citrusy scents, rather a spectacular blend of tart peels that you just can't get enough.

That alchemy potion gives way to an astringent spice combination of balsamic camphor, cardamom, and spicy cinnamon, nutmeg, and saffron. At this second stage, it is kind of like a whoa! All those middle notes are freshened with blue water lily which adds an ozone-like note and the unmistakeable L’Eau d’Issey pour Homme signature. The blue water lily was sacred to the ancient Egyptians, ornamental and sweet smelling. People who have had the pleasure described the smell as being similar to that of a hyacinth, a loquat and even of a banana. Whatever the fragrance is like, the Egyptians loved this plant that represented the sun and rebirth.

Ultimately, the third stage comes, and smoky black incense, sweet ambergris, balsamic benzoin, and dry papyrus wood essence feature in the deep, woody dry-down.

What I like in this scent is the light floral note, which is present everywhere from the opening to the dry-down. Perhaps, that is what makes LIMI similar to its big bro. The scent is a pleasing, smoky, woody scent. As the name suggests, it is quite an intense strong scent, although I would say not too overpowering as some other scents. The woody and musky type notes are not overdone, and you can get a sense of the fresh spicy style of this. It’s perfect for the autumn or winter and will feel very warm. Great to wear at night events or out with the friends, it’s quite an inviting aroma.

In my opinion, on my skin, it performs well from a longevity point of view, and that's why they call it intense, though it does not have the same power and sillage as its big bro, which trail can be smelt far far away, that is not an issue, it is safe if you dare wearing it at office.
7.5 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Miaw2
Good mix of woods and incense
For me this one does not smells much like original L'eau D'Issey.

Actually it's a very different and also a great scent, with lots of woods and incense.

There is a little bit of florals with woods and a touch of incense.

Great lasting power, sillage and projection. Thumbs up!

Updated January 2014

Nik604 81 days ago
The rating of this gem is a joke! This is far better version of the original. Smoky citrus, resins and spices - a grown up version.+2
Carlitos01 12 months ago
I don't consider this EDT being a flanker of the original L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme. It's a new creation with almost no ties to the original.+5

by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by Acamara
by Acamara

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake