L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré 2016

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSaffronSaffron
PapyrusPapyrus
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
VanillaVanilla
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.01.2022.

SmellyPete
Amber & leather but watch out for the hype
My batch code is 0155FM

It's a nice amber & leather fragrance but doesn't live up to the hype from influencers.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I fell for the over-hype on this and blind bought based on perceived shortage - I rushed to buy as I didn't want to loose out!

I like it and wear it maybe once a month but it's not one that I consider a favorite - maybe too linear - for me what I smell at the start is what I get to the end - the same amber and leather all the way thru.

It's a good performer with 4-6 hours . Stays around longer on clothes..
It projects moderately well at the start - I don't find it to be too loud. Sillage is the same. Should be ok for an office scent.

People will smell you for 2-3 hours then mostly skin scent though I did periodically get whiffs of for many hours...

Landshark321
Well-blended designer amber, even if overpriced/hyped
This is first wearing of Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre, a 2016 release that seems to be among the most hyped-up and resold a higher (i.e. $100+) prices on the secondary market for its 100ml bottle size.

It’s an aptly-named dark amber that’s midway between dry and syrupy, definitely a slightly sharp, designer-type (appropriately) amber rather than a deeper expression of amber (that is otherwise either sweeter or more animalic). Moreover, it has woody, spicy, and leathery influences and does have a multifaceted sort of feel—again, more of a designer blend (typical of the brand) than an amber-dominant mix. I can see why it’s seemingly so popular on account of it neither being too sweet nor too animalic, also.

It does not appear that Noir Ambre is officially discontinued, though, as its URL on the Issey Miyake website is active, and it does occasionally pop up for sale on discounter sites like FragranceNet and FragranceBuy.CA, but certainly the perception seems to be that supply is limited, thereby driving up its price.

Overall, I think Noir Ambre is in the league of Or Encens and Polaris as a solid resin-heavy yet still well-blended risk. It feels better-rounded than Polaris, which has a faintly cigarette smoke vibe, but not as complete as Or Encens. It’s very good, but some of the prices it’s going for (well above $100, at times) seem to be a bit of a stretch. In the price range of some of the more popular recent releases, perhaps $60-70 for 100ml, it’s a good buy, though.

8 out of 10

Issey Miyake Noir Ambre
My first impression of this was it reminds me of Witch Hazel. As it has a medicinal vibe to it. It is very strong with the Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Saffron in the opening . I think i don't like the Saffron and Cinnamon mix. It almost smells of Motor oil. It's a little overkill on the spices. Like an assault on the senses. With the leather and Vanilla as well. It's too much ultra rich ingredients rammed into one. Which results in a pungent powerhouse of spices very similar to spicebomb which i also dislike. It is an absolute monster for Longevity and Sillage. I don't hate the smell. It's just a little bitter smelling for me and too sickly with all the rich ingredients. Scent 7/10 Sillage 9/10 Longevity 10/10

Wait for it
Wait for it is one of the catchphrases used by Barney from TV Show How I Met Your Mother as an interjection to suggest drama. Maybe there isn't much drama here but it is definitely worth to wait for it as this scent needs time to develop.

An opening is quite surprising, it more like the smell of absinth, spices with a bit of alcohol notes. After a strong opening, there is silence, most probably because your nose was so heavily attacked with strong alcohol notes that it needs time to rest.

When this fragrance shines is developing slowly, it is not wow but pleasant accents of amber and vanilla, which is mixing with a few soapy notes. It is a bit waterish but from time to time might surprise you with more intense notes.

Maybe it is my batch but sillage is not great and after 2-3 hours it is near skin scent. Because of that and not being too loud, it can be used in a less formal office environment. But I wouldn't call it elegant.

MrTee
It’s all about the dry down
There is something off putting about the opening of this fragrance. Thankfully, this is not a linear scent; about 30 minutes into its development cycle, that strange smell starts to dissipate and I could pick up on the Amber, Vanilla and a hint of a leathery note. All in all, this is a scent that you need to give time to develop but once it does, it’s awesome.

AgnesEva
Could be my signature scent :)
It was love at first sight :) So warm, sensual, sexy, spicy... The papyrus is the note that perfects the fragrance. Very fine leather and the most perfect blend of amber, vanilla and tonka I've ever found in a perfume. Great, great, great. I love the scent so much, I have four bottles. Two in use and two still welded. I can't be Noir Ambré. :) Unfortunately, since my review hardly to get at affordable prices.
A drop in the ocean
This "brand-new" Issey Miyake was almost insistently clapped on my arm as an exclusive product at the airport of Heraklion, Crete, Greece - as a lover of oriental fragrances, you simply have to test it, yes, buy it directly. I could just say no to the latter, but the committed Greek was so convinced of her (allegedly new) flagship that I couldn't have escaped her, even if the name Barry Allen was written in my personal...

So what kind of contemporary is Noir Ambre? An oriental, that much is quickly clear. A potpourri of Arab vanities. Dusty and modern, papyrus to eat. All in one pot, from cinnamon to leather over the chocolate detour. It is advertised with the also quite current incense burner of the brand "Or Encens", is so to speak its gold-good counterpart. Brighter, warmer, 1000-and-a-nighter. A high-priced fragrance, which one would rather expect in the Armani Prive-Line. Compliment, compliment. He doesn't rock, but he gently rocks to sleep. Which is pros and cons at the same time. Because I don't want to deny him a certain boredom... but he burns inwardly and cools outwardly. He skilfully embodies peace and self-confidence. Noble, the world is going to ruin. Sugar soft and on velvet paws.

Flacon: the most beautiful Issey ever. Period. Probably. I thought so. At first sight.
Sillage: more Arabic than Issey, but still calm in this genre. Calm and unobtrusive. In the rest lies the force.
Shelf life: 7 hours the desert breath pulled with me.

Conclusion: like a sandstorm disguised as a golden wedding veil - actually really beautiful, but somehow not the Real Deal. Rather how Nordic Europeans imagine the Orient. Everything and nothing right. Nevertheless: something different from Issey Miyake must get a (hesitant) thumb up!

L`Eau d`Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre
Are designers getting into the game of releasing niche quality offerings? Well it seems to be with the new Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre. Glad I found this new Issey Miyake Noir Ambre at duty free in Europe as I was quite surprised at how great Noir Ambre is. So I had to snatch it right up. Being the amber fragrance fan I had to have this one. It’s like the best niche amber fragrance blended with the best designer release and this time from Issey Miyake to come up with this great release by this brand that I have not purchased from since 2005. It’s been a long time and I’m glad this has launched. As mentioned in the video Issey Miyake L`Eau d`Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre is not anything groundbreaking but really, really good for a designer release. I just hope it makes it to our shores as currently I cannot see it listed as being sold in the USA on the Issey Miyake website. If you're interested in further learning about this scent please watch my video review. Thank you.

SentenzaSentenza 1 month ago
Underrated & misunderstood: this absolute gem is the pinnacle of contemporary masculine based amber perfumes. If only it wore the name Dior.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 9 months ago
very invigorating saffron scent. I just wish it would be a bit less sweet.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
This fragrance is all about the sweet alluring amber with the dark spicy leather. Papyrus, vanilla and tonka bean to complete the scent.
AspvlAspvl 2 years ago
Incredible composition. I get a slight coca-cola vibe towards the drydown, nothing too sweet though. A reissue would be amazing!

by Chrisniburg
by Chrisniburg
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Issey Miyake

Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam / ロードゥ イッセイ プールオム シェード オブ コーラム by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake