L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré (2016)

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2016. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesSaffron, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Atlas cedar, Haitian vetiver, Papyrus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 18.10.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

MrTee
It’s all about the dry down
There is something off putting about the opening of this fragrance. Thankfully, this is not a linear scent; about 30 minutes into its development cycle, that strange smell starts to dissipate and I could pick up on the Amber, Vanilla and a hint of a leathery note. All in all, this is a scent that you need to give time to develop but once it does, it’s awesome.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

AgnesEva
Could be my signature scent :)
It was love at first sight :) So warm, sensual, sexy, spicy... The papyrus is the note that perfects the fragrance. Very fine leather and the most perfect blend of amber, vanilla and tonka I've ever found in a perfume. Great, great, great. I love the scent so much, I have four bottles. Two in use and two still welded. I can't be Noir Ambré. :) Unfortunately, since my review hardly to get at affordable prices.
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

A drop in the ocean
This "brand-new" Issey Miyake was almost insistently clapped on my arm as an exclusive product at the airport of Heraklion, Crete, Greece - as a lover of oriental fragrances, you simply have to test it, yes, buy it directly. I could just say no to the latter, but the committed Greek was so convinced of her (allegedly new) flagship that I couldn't have escaped her, even if the name Barry Allen was written in my personal...

So what kind of contemporary is Noir Ambre? An oriental, that much is quickly clear. A potpourri of Arab vanities. Dusty and modern, papyrus to eat. All in one pot, from cinnamon to leather over the chocolate detour. It is advertised with the also quite current incense burner of the brand "Or Encens", is so to speak its gold-good counterpart. Brighter, warmer, 1000-and-a-nighter. A high-priced fragrance, which one would rather expect in the Armani Prive-Line. Compliment, compliment. He doesn't rock, but he gently rocks to sleep. Which is pros and cons at the same time. Because I don't want to deny him a certain boredom... but he burns inwardly and cools outwardly. He skilfully embodies peace and self-confidence. Noble, the world is going to ruin. Sugar soft and on velvet paws.

Flacon: the most beautiful Issey ever. Period. Probably. I thought so. At first sight.
Sillage: more Arabic than Issey, but still calm in this genre. Calm and unobtrusive. In the rest lies the force.
Shelf life: 7 hours the desert breath pulled with me.

Conclusion: like a sandstorm disguised as a golden wedding veil - actually really beautiful, but somehow not the Real Deal. Rather how Nordic Europeans imagine the Orient. Everything and nothing right. Nevertheless: something different from Issey Miyake must get a (hesitant) thumb up!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

L`Eau d`Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre
Are designers getting into the game of releasing niche quality offerings? Well it seems to be with the new Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre. Glad I found this new Issey Miyake Noir Ambre at duty free in Europe as I was quite surprised at how great Noir Ambre is. So I had to snatch it right up. Being the amber fragrance fan I had to have this one. It’s like the best niche amber fragrance blended with the best designer release and this time from Issey Miyake to come up with this great release by this brand that I have not purchased from since 2005. It’s been a long time and I’m glad this has launched. As mentioned in the video Issey Miyake L`Eau d`Issey Pour Homme Noir Ambre is not anything groundbreaking but really, really good for a designer release. I just hope it makes it to our shores as currently I cannot see it listed as being sold in the USA on the Issey Miyake website. If you're interested in further learning about this scent please watch my video review. Thank you.

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake