L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens 2017

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Cistus, Labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Pink pepper, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesDark woods, Leather, Vetiver, Sandalwood, Woods

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 13.04.2021.

Nice, balanced incense/amber/rose
Today is probably my fourth of fifth wearing of the 2017 release from Issey Miyake, L’eau d’Issey pour Homme Or Encens, which I purchased this year as a blind buy due a very good price and good reputation. Mostly as advertised, it’s a mix of resins, woods, and, certainly to my nose, a fairly prominent rose note, and it’s well-balanced as respects these main accords. It also feels like a good balance of exploratory/artistic ideas and well-established norms, like a resinous rose oud, so that it’s very workable and wearable but not redundant. That it’s not especially rosy or animalic prevents it from actually being a rose oud, instead having an incense center with only a slight spiciness via some pink pepper and cumin—used modestly, in my estimation—with an assortment of resins and woods making up the balance. Certainly the rose always remains detectable, though as one player in an ensemble, not dominant.

Overall, it’s robust but fairly agreeable as resinous fragrances go, and I could easily see it being a cold weather unisex staple, though it is of course part of the men’s collection.

Its performance is very good, especially considering that it was priced at $43 when I purchased it on FragranceNet but the pricing generally seems to be a bit higher, at $73 on FragranceBuy.CA, and I still think the $73 price is reasonable for this.

8 out of 10
DieOrange78
If only every day were Sunday....
...., I think to myself as soon as I even suspect this scent.
Or Encense - translates to: Golden Incense - is a creation that I would like to wear more often, but which almost evokes an aura of holiness in me. A feeling which I can not apply on normal weekdays. A feeling as if it were a holiday or at least Sunday. Do you know something like that?
Or Encens is one of those fragrances that I discovered a while ago more by chance than I had planned to buy. Even the fashion house Issey Miyake itself was not known to me. The main fragrance for men has been around since 1994, and the question of the stone under which I must have dozed opens up to me. All the more, since I know this fragrance from my childhood - the Or Encens.
Remember that time when you went away with the family? To other places. Dreamy little villages. For ice cream. To visit grandma and grandpa It was not uncommon to see the odd rose hedge. Sometimes beautifully maintained. Another time defiantly proliferating. And the smell. I'd like to swear my nose was much more alert and interested in my childhood. A scent like that stays in your memory I remember times of light-heartedness. It was often Sunday. Even during the week I often had that Sunday feeling. I liked to get up early, because otherwise I'd miss something. It was not unusual for something to be going on. Birthdays were celebrated. Holidays. Swimming pool visits. Nature parks were visited. And again and again I saw roses here and there. And I could smell them I loved the peaceful village idyll that arose here and there. The scent of roses fitted perfectly into this picture. Just turn it off. Let the time pass by.

There's something noble about this fragrance, even vintage. With a load of roses in the opening, spices in the heart and wood notes in the base, this fragrance doesn't seem so unusual at first. Many modern fragrances today have a similar scent DNA. I say this because I myself am discovering more and more of such fragrances. Be it Eros Flame by Versace (rather creamy, with vanilla in the main concept, but it's there) or L'Homme Ideal EDP by Guerlain (also comes very close). But also from the house of Issey Miyake itself the Nuit D'issey Noir Argent. Flowery, spicy, woody. A well-kept recipe, which nevertheless can be redefined again and again.
Therefore Or Encens differs substantially. The basic DNA reminds of Pour Homme Intense. This slightly soothing incense chord is there. The woods below are slightly smoky, finely spicy and sweetish. And just the top notes, which bloom with rose pride. Here, a great job has been done.

Or Encens is one of those fragrances that lighten my mood. That's why I can't wear it every day. Some things can just be addictive. Memories. Fragrances. A combination of both. It would be a waste if I wanted to feel like this every day. I still have to keep it special Therefore I wear L'eau D'issey Or Encens only on Sundays and holidays. But not every Sunday either.

If only every day were a Sunday. I'd either be a child again or an addicted adult
MfG
TheOrange78

Rquill67
Rose, Incense and Wood. Fantastic and Dark!
Issey Miyake’s Encens is an exciting addition to a North American interpretation of a middle eastern fragrance. Not only that, this fragrance has really good longevity and above average projection (for the first two hours at least). The rose, incense and wood combination is not new and yet Issey Miyake takes it in a different direction. I would say definitely for fall and winter. Great for evening out as well (as long as you’re not too liberal on the sprays). This fragrance is dark, balsamic, creamy and has a dry sweetness from the amber wood, with a touch of rose. I give this a 10 / 10. Very glad I picked this one up. It’s getting harder to find. Grab yours while the gettin’s good boys!

AgnesEva
SOOO GUT, I ordered two backup bottles :)
Well, what can you say when you get three compliments from the dermatologist? The whole team. Since my scent clouds have never been noticed before. In my opinion, the fragrance is a bit more feminine, but can also be due to my skin. Another masterpiece of my favourite house Miyake :) Labdanum of very good quality in the top note, not too much of the rose and otherwise wonderful, buttery, ambered woods and leather. I don't notice much of the vetiver in warmer temperatures, but it's not really necessary either. A 10 of me, quite clearly :)

Minaret of lonely hearts
Issey Miyake scents were all flankers. Okay, that's not exactly true, but it used to seem that way. The outpourings of the brand were too interchangeable, especially in recent years. Only in the recent past have a few detours been made, as with this frankincense slaverer.

"Or Encens is a hypothermic fellow smoker in front of the gentleman. Almost icy how the church component is interpreted here. I like. In the background the good Issey is still at the start, but in the foreground the bells rarely rang more beautiful. It's like the Pope's second home is in Iceland. This slightly Arabic pinch combined with European coolness can be smelled. Incense without incense. The impression of immortality. A moment of clarity.

This is not only a welcome lunge, but an independent, damn nice scent. Whether it would have needed the high prices of the new, darker Isseys is another question, but if the wallet sits loosely or he soon, matching his fragrance color, lands on the gray market: why not?!

Flacon: a more noble version of the normal Isseys - quite fine!
Sillage: you may not smell like a mosque or a full-grown church, but it's enough for a small temple.
Shelf life: 8 hours justify the price... something.

Conclusion: (k)an incense burner, completely unobtrusive and portable. So Miyake can still deviate from his usual, meanwhile boring paths. New route: impressive!

Finerthings8Finerthings8 25 days ago
It was promising notes on the paper but in reality I didn’t like it.Combination of rose,leather,incense didn’t work on me.try it before buy!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 months ago
Rose, Incense, smoke and woods... Not at all a traditional Issey but a very pleasant one remembering me Gucci 1. It's a delight!
PioPio 4 months ago
Very very similar to ADP Colonia Oud....nice scent all in all.
DarellDarell 11 months ago
This is pretty strong stuff, So do not overdose this will affect the way the rose flows into your nose
one of the best along with Noir Ambre
GolcherGolcher 12 months ago
such a gorgeous fragrance, daring and niche like quality. Issey is putting out some great stuff
SejanoSejano 1 year ago
Excellent smooking and dark profumo. Beautiful incense with dark woods perfectly equilibrated by Rose and Labdanum notes. Great masterpiece!
AquamonzaAquamonza 3 years ago
The pronunciation alone leads to an 'O'-face... promising.

by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Yuzu by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake