L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens 2017

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRoseRose CistusCistus LabdanumLabdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpicesSpices Pink pepperPink pepper CuminCumin
Base Notes Base NotesDark woodsDark woods LeatherLeather VetiverVetiver SandalwoodSandalwood WoodsWoods

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.03.2022.

Classy Oriental delight.
I am from Saudi Arabia, so I'd like to think that I know a thing or two about Oriental perfumes and this is definitely one, and although beautiful, it's not unique by any stretch of the imagination.

The immediate impression I got upon spraying is : "oof, this is classy" I was greeted by a thick, almost oily cloud of sweet, velvety rose, absolutely beautiful, the insence and leather kept it in check to give the fragrance it's classy masculinity, the dry down was equally as impressive.

While 90% of Oriental perfumes are unisex by virtue of their notes, this is purely masculine, classy and for me, only for men over the age of 35, kudos to any woman who can pull it off but that would be really, really difficult in my opinion.

Now I don't know if this was a special tester or something, but Or Encens stayed on my skin for a DAY, yes you read that right, a whole day where I could reach to my inner elbow and still get a whiff of it, silage was monstrous as well.

Notes detected by my nose: rose, incense, soft spices, leather, and sandalwood.

Blind buy: if you are under 30 just don't even bother, this is dark stuff for "mature" men, not a playful or sexy scent, but rather a classy upscale one, still better to test first, although beautiful this is an acquired taste that is not for everyone.

This is classy, special occasion classy, thick, dark, sweet and velvety stuff that will last for a long time, I haven't smelled Noir Argent or Noir Ambre which are praised a lot here, but to me Or Encens is already the best Issey Miyake creation since the original L'eau D'issey pour homme, and I am not exaggerating.

An absolutely incredible release by one of my favorite brands, 10/10.
Hpclt
Impressive, strongly rosy fragrance - but pour Homme??
I really just had to look again: This Issey Miyake fragrance first followed my original experiences with Noir Argent (extremely high up there for me to this day) and Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night (so foreign in my young perfumo career at the time that the entire bottling went to a friend before I could test it more extensively). Specifically, I then purchased the bottling along with my Noir Argent bottle.

The astonishment could not have been greater: To this day, it is unclear to me whether ultimately the very good review of AgnesEva was to blame, but I have L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens already perceived from the first test to 100 percent as a feminine fragrance.
Stronger rose notes I have so far hardly perceived anywhere.
Certainly, a woodiness is also present. However, this only adds to the strength of this fragrance. It is not a masukline woodiness, but rather a powerful accent to the spicy almost floral rose notes.

To this day, I have not been able to bring myself to do an application test of this fragrance in everyday life. I simply would not know in what situation I personally would want to smell so. Still, I understand the fascination. Check out AgnesEva's video! This describes the strength of the fragrance with adequate emphasis ;D

Nice, balanced incense/amber/rose
Today is probably my fourth of fifth wearing of the 2017 release from Issey Miyake, L’eau d’Issey pour Homme Or Encens, which I purchased this year as a blind buy due a very good price and good reputation. Mostly as advertised, it’s a mix of resins, woods, and, certainly to my nose, a fairly prominent rose note, and it’s well-balanced as respects these main accords. It also feels like a good balance of exploratory/artistic ideas and well-established norms, like a resinous rose oud, so that it’s very workable and wearable but not redundant. That it’s not especially rosy or animalic prevents it from actually being a rose oud, instead having an incense center with only a slight spiciness via some pink pepper and cumin—used modestly, in my estimation—with an assortment of resins and woods making up the balance. Certainly the rose always remains detectable, though as one player in an ensemble, not dominant.

Overall, it’s robust but fairly agreeable as resinous fragrances go, and I could easily see it being a cold weather unisex staple, though it is of course part of the men’s collection.

Its performance is very good, especially considering that it was priced at $43 when I purchased it on FragranceNet but the pricing generally seems to be a bit higher, at $73 on FragranceBuy.CA, and I still think the $73 price is reasonable for this.

8 out of 10

Rquill67
Rose, Incense and Wood. Fantastic and Dark!
Issey Miyake’s Encens is an exciting addition to a North American interpretation of a middle eastern fragrance. Not only that, this fragrance has really good longevity and above average projection (for the first two hours at least). The rose, incense and wood combination is not new and yet Issey Miyake takes it in a different direction. I would say definitely for fall and winter. Great for evening out as well (as long as you’re not too liberal on the sprays). This fragrance is dark, balsamic, creamy and has a dry sweetness from the amber wood, with a touch of rose. I give this a 10 / 10. Very glad I picked this one up. It’s getting harder to find. Grab yours while the gettin’s good boys!

AgnesEva
SOOO GUT, I ordered two backup bottles :)
Well, what can you say when you get three compliments from the dermatologist? The whole team. Since my scent clouds have never been noticed before. In my opinion, the fragrance is a bit more feminine, but can also be due to my skin. Another masterpiece of my favourite house Miyake :) Labdanum of very good quality in the top note, not too much of the rose and otherwise wonderful, buttery, ambered woods and leather. I don't notice much of the vetiver in warmer temperatures, but it's not really necessary either. A 10 of me, quite clearly :)

Minaret of lonely hearts
Issey Miyake scents were all flankers. Okay, that's not exactly true, but it used to seem that way. The outpourings of the brand were too interchangeable, especially in recent years. Only in the recent past have a few detours been made, as with this frankincense slaverer.

"Or Encens is a hypothermic fellow smoker in front of the gentleman. Almost icy how the church component is interpreted here. I like. In the background the good Issey is still at the start, but in the foreground the bells rarely rang more beautiful. It's like the Pope's second home is in Iceland. This slightly Arabic pinch combined with European coolness can be smelled. Incense without incense. The impression of immortality. A moment of clarity.

This is not only a welcome lunge, but an independent, damn nice scent. Whether it would have needed the high prices of the new, darker Isseys is another question, but if the wallet sits loosely or he soon, matching his fragrance color, lands on the gray market: why not?!

Flacon: a more noble version of the normal Isseys - quite fine!
Sillage: you may not smell like a mosque or a full-grown church, but it's enough for a small temple.
Shelf life: 8 hours justify the price... something.

Conclusion: (k)an incense burner, completely unobtrusive and portable. So Miyake can still deviate from his usual, meanwhile boring paths. New route: impressive!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Or Encens is an alluring scent with rose, amber, incense, leather and a woody base. It's warm, spicy and balsamic.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
Very nice rose scent, not too sweet and well balanced with smokey woods. Definetly didn't expect this one from Issey Miyake
PioPio 10 months ago
Smells to gasoline -petrol. Challenging but nice.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 1 year ago
It was promising notes on the paper but in reality I didn’t like it.Combination of rose,leather,incense didn’t work on me.try it before buy!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Rose, Incense, smoke and woods... Not at all a traditional Issey but a very pleasant one remembering me Gucci 1. It's a delight!
DarellDarell 2 years ago
This is pretty strong stuff, So do not overdose this will affect the way the rose flows into your nose
one of the best along with Noir Ambre
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
such a gorgeous fragrance, daring and niche like quality. Issey is putting out some great stuff
SejanoSejano 2 years ago
Excellent smooking and dark profumo. Beautiful incense with dark woods perfectly equilibrated by Rose and Labdanum notes. Great masterpiece!
AquamonzaAquamonza 5 years ago
The pronunciation alone leads to an 'O'-face... promising.

by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam / ロードゥ イッセイ プールオム シェード オブ コーラム by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Bleu Astral by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake