L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens 2017

Zebra782
24.10.2021 - 10:19 PM

Classy Oriental delight.

I am from Saudi Arabia, so I'd like to think that I know a thing or two about Oriental perfumes and this is definitely one, and although beautiful, it's not unique by any stretch of the imagination.

The immediate impression I got upon spraying is : "oof, this is classy" I was greeted by a thick, almost oily cloud of sweet, velvety rose, absolutely beautiful, the insence and leather kept it in check to give the fragrance it's classy masculinity, the dry down was equally as impressive.

While 90% of Oriental perfumes are unisex by virtue of their notes, this is purely masculine, classy and for me, only for men over the age of 35, kudos to any woman who can pull it off but that would be really, really difficult in my opinion.

Now I don't know if this was a special tester or something, but Or Encens stayed on my skin for a DAY, yes you read that right, a whole day where I could reach to my inner elbow and still get a whiff of it, silage was monstrous as well.

Notes detected by my nose: rose, incense, soft spices, leather, and sandalwood.

Blind buy: if you are under 30 just don't even bother, this is dark stuff for "mature" men, not a playful or sexy scent, but rather a classy upscale one, still better to test first, although beautiful this is an acquired taste that is not for everyone.

This is classy, special occasion classy, thick, dark, sweet and velvety stuff that will last for a long time, I haven't smelled Noir Argent or Noir Ambre which are praised a lot here, but to me Or Encens is already the best Issey Miyake creation since the original L'eau D'issey pour homme, and I am not exaggerating.

An absolutely incredible release by one of my favorite brands, 10/10.

Latest Reviews

Zebra782Zebra782 15 days ago
Acqua di Giò Profondo - Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò Profondo After 4 or 5 years of purchasing generic designer fragrances today I discovered that I was clueless.
So, I live In Saudi Arabia, where summer temperatures usually exceed 50c (that’s over 122f for those of you who still don’t understand the metric system in 2021),...

Zebra782Zebra782 1 month ago
Toy Boy - Moschino

Toy Boy Two Faced.
Disagree: Don't get it wrong, this is not a rose forward perfume, this is a spicy first, floral second perfume, I tested this and then let my wife smell it, she said it smelled like a bunch of freshly cracked peppers on cutting board made out of rosewood,...