L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood (2019)

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood is a new perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cardamom, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbroxan, Apricot, Virginia cedar, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.06.2020.

undervalued...
i'm a little surprised he's getting off so badly here. Yes the H/S could be better for an EDP that announces itself as very woody in the name and the name Wood&Wood also fooled me a bit in the beginning, I expected a very woody powerhouse, but it's not and I wouldn't fit the brand. After having tried almost all Issey on the test shelf, I am of the clear opinion that mainstream, but still very pleasing and high quality perfumes are made here, a polarizing powerhouse with dozens of woods and oud wouldn't suit it either. Since my test, the W&W has absolutely convinced me, it is relatively sweet but remains male in all notes. For the cold winter he has a little too little power for me, but for October/November and March/April he seems to me absolutely ideal, and as an allrounder, because he is not too strong he goes both in the office and at a nice dinner. For outdoor or club he has a little too little power for me, so I need something like Ultra Male or Wanted by night.

strike one for Issey Miyake
I love the Issey Miyake house, even the scents I disliked (or even hate) managed to come around and turn into a 'Love' (Sport and Super Majeure).
I read reviews of Wood & Wood and even though it got a lot of hate the description was interesting enough to me to make me think I would like it I mean, Apricot, Ambroxan, Grapefruit and Woods... what could go wrong?

L'Eau d'Issey Wood & Wood smells fruity and fresh, no woods to be found which is fine the problem is how synthetic and cheap it smells, it's headache inducing and it has no redeeming qualities (at least not yet, perhaps with time I'll change my mind).

BTW what's with the name? there are no woods here, perhaps there are but it's not the first thing one smells. I really REALLY wanted to like this one

UPDATE

W&W has in fact grown on me, longevity is not bad and if you're careful with the trigger it isn't harsh and in fact it is enjoyable. Nothing ground breaking and still the weakest release by the house but nice overall.

UPDATE #2

I'm getting 6 hours give or take which isn't great but fine
3.5
Headache, unfortunately.
The purchase:
The fruity top note has unfortunately enticed me to a quick purchase. Since my Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey pour homme was used up, I wanted to test a new fragrance this time. The only concern I had was that I already had a Japanese woody scent namely Comme de garcons Wonderwood The smell:
But the Issey Miyake Wood & Wood is so fruity in the beginning that it could not be compared.
Unfortunately, the fruity, citric grapefruit note is followed by a synthetic punch.
I could never smell the apricot It gets very woody, which I like, but something made me feel slightly nauseous.
After I tested it again one day later, I brought it back to the branch.
The bottle:
I must say, Issey Miyake bottles are very similar. But this one was already a little bit different in contrast to the classic l'eau d'issey ,this lid is made of wood which I didn't even notice at first.
It was all the more painful for me that I had to bring the scent back to the store. Too bad this fragrance does not fit at all to the perfectionist Japanese tradition.
A plus point for the wooden lid, however, that could or should be more often, much much more often. MFG Max

Love at First Sniff
Let me tell you a brief story:

- I have enough Issey Miyake fragrances.

And surely, I had the complete intention of buying something different when I met this perfume.

I tried it without desire... Along with all the new fragrances of the store, and some great perfumes that I still don't have and I was really eager to buy.

Well... For me, it was love at first sniff. Of course, I bought it.

This fragrance is modern, sophisticated, cool, seductive, addictive...

Like a beautifully designed Super 180'S suit: Easy to wear and easy to enjoy.

Isn't it a work of art..? Does that matter..?

What it is, is a coooool scent. Simply that.

Sillage: Moderate, perfect for:

- Professional & Personal meetings (It projects confidence and empathy).

... And romantic dates (invites to approach).

Longevity: Very good > 8h. I can even feel it perfectly the next morning after sleeping, on my skin.

Mood: Uplifting & Relaxing at the same time.

Scenario & Lifestyle: The scent of a modern and stylish executive. For spring, beginning of summer and warm autumn.

I am not a person who cares about compliments, but with this fragrance I received a lot. So for me, in this current fragrance game, this is a winning hand.

UPDATE:

I read some people saying that it smells good, but it's generic.

... What? That's ridiculous:

Maybe it's true that this fragrance follows the latest trends, yes: Precisely designers play the *fashion* game, right?... But this one has unique nuances that set it completely apart from others. Without the slightest doubt.

I know ALL the new releases from the designers... And I can distinguish this one among all of them a few meters away.

You can't..?

- So maybe the fragrance isn't generic, but your nose.

AgnesEva
Disappointed for the first time by Miyake.
I love the Pour Homme fragrances from Miyake. They all have this special DNA that keeps thrilling me. Unfortunately I was completely disappointed for the first time. Too much Ambroxan (why in a wood composition?), no Yuzu, durability a joke and Sillage after 1 minute not available. The cardamom was perceptible but of strangely synthetic quality, the grapefruit biting resinous (didn't really fit me), then woody peach (what the hell...!) and woody patchouli with a little earthiness. A loser all down the line for me personally. And I was so looking forward to this scent, because I love woody scents. That's too bad. And where's the beautiful Miyake DNA? Hopefully that was just an exception. In the future, heavenly compositions like Noir Ambré again, please

SmellavisionSmellavision 40 days ago
5.5
Quite a disappointment for me from Miyake - not the woody beast that the bottle promised, but a fruity synthetic mix of woods and ambroxan..
ElysiumElysium 7 months ago
Delightful opening of grapefruit and apricot, a creamy-woody heart full of santal, and a "Diorish" ambroxan base with sweet tonka and musk.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
Its name doesn't mind: it's the perfect Woody accord, made gentler by fruity-resinous accents, to wear in the mid-cold season. Good sillage

by Golcher
by Golcher
by Tacmaxx
by Tacmaxx

Popular Issey Miyake

Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraîche by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Yuzu by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Oceanic Expedition by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake