L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood (2019)

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood is a new perfume by Issey Miyake for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-synthetic. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cardamom, Elemi resin
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbroxan, Apricot, Virginia cedar, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 06.11.2019

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Love at First Sniff
Let me tell you a brief story:

- I have enough Issey Miyake fragrances.

And surely, I had the complete intention of buying something different when I met this perfume.

I tried it without desire... Along with all the new fragrances of the store, and some great perfumes that I still don't have and I was really eager to buy.

Well... For me, it was love at first sniff.

Of course I bought it and also, in a way, I got what I wanted: I didn't buy "another Issey Miyake fragrance", because this one is quite different.

That probably discourages the die-hard fans of the L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme... But I believe that it perfectly represents the style of the brand in this beautiful interpretation of the most current perfume fashion trends, and in my opinion, it has been done in an elegant and fine way.

This fragrance is modern, sophisticated, cool, seductive, addictive...

Like a beautifully designed Super 180'S suit: Easy to wear and easy to enjoy.

Isn't it a work of art..? Does that matter..?

What it is, is a coooool pleasure. Simply that.

Sillage: Moderate. Perfect for:

- Professional & Personal meetings (It projects confidence and empathy).

... And romantic dates (invites to approach).

Longevity: Very good > 8h. I can even feel it perfectly the next morning after sleeping, on my skin.

Mood: Uplifting & Relaxing at the same time.

Scenario & Lifestyle: The scent of a modern and stylish executive.

I am not a person who cares about compliments, but I have to say that in the few days that I wear it for now, I received a lot.

So for me, in this fragrance game, this is a winning hand.

UPDATE:

I read some people saying it smells good, but it's generic.

... And I say: Is it generic..? Why? Because it has Ambrox?

- That's like saying that Chanel fragrances are generic because they have Jasmine, as if all the fragrances of the eighties were generic because they are powerhorses.

...That's ridiculous.

Yes, I've smelled many fragrances with Ambrox: Nowadays it's the trend, right..? And precisely designers, play the fashion game.
Well, the truth is that Ambrox is a great note, let's not say more snobbish nonsense... And this perfume has sophisticated nuances which set it apart from a typical generic fragrance; they just don't smell with the quality and class of this one.

So, is it generic..? Really..? Well, in that case, let's be clear: Give me all the generic fragrances like this one, and you can keep all the niche oddities.
10.0 4.0 4.0 5.0/10

AgnesEva
Disappointed for the first time by Miyake.
I love the Pour Homme fragrances from Miyake. They all have this special DNA that keeps thrilling me. Unfortunately I was completely disappointed for the first time. Too much Ambroxan (why in a wood composition?), no Yuzu, durability a joke and Sillage after 1 minute not available. The cardamom was perceptible but of strangely synthetic quality, the grapefruit biting resinous (didn't really fit me), then woody peach (what the hell...!) and woody patchouli with a little earthiness. A loser all down the line for me personally. And I was so looking forward to this scent, because I love woody scents. That's too bad. And where's the beautiful Miyake DNA? Hopefully that was just an exception. In the future, heavenly compositions like Noir Ambré again, please

Jazzy76 59 days ago
Its name doesn't mind: it's the perfect Woody accord, made gentler by fruity-resinous accents, to wear in the mid-cold season. Good sillage

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake