Le Feu d'Issey Light 2000

Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design Gwenael Nicolas
Le Feu d'Issey Light is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2021.

5.5
Fire Scouring Milk
After me or my nose "Feu d'Issey" could kick pretty, I also let the slimmed down light version on my skin. Only unfortunately remained there then only little of the esprit and the flames of his family DNA...

"Feu Light" by Miyake I would most likely describe as a light coconut pastry for early summer. But really just breathy and tumbling. Aniseed and sundries. A very weak-bodied offshoot for me. Barely any fire, barely any character. That's how it can go with flankers. This one has little raison d'être for me and I'd go for the original every time. There, all the components are pronounced and fully in the juice. Here everything seems bleached, dull and half-baked. Still recognizably a "Feu", but just robbed of much of its heat, edges and contour. I guess that wasn't quite the point. Shoo shoo away at that. But maybe I'm doing him a bit of an injustice and have had too many powerhouses in my nose over the last few days. This one comes rather on quiet Birkenstocks. Tomorrow I'll take a test break. "Feu Light" lures me but still not more after that. I now know the real fire of Issey. This one remains a fire shadow in the cool wind.

Flacon: here he has the nose slightly before the original
Sillage & durability: delicate and briskly gone - 5 hours with good will. But was also hot.

Conclusion: "Feu Light" succumbs to its mother scent in every facet, loses much of dessem fire and seems to me like a thinned out version of something good. So remains rather shrug

Soft and spicy
There is something quite captivating about Le Feu D'Issey Light. Despite the fact that it's a subtle fragrance, I completely understand why people love this so much.

It opens so very lightly that I had to press my nose to my wrist at first. All I could detect were soft, soapy floral accords. It was very clean and feminine, but not outstanding, at least not in the first hour or so.

After it settles, Le Feu D'Issey Light becomes quite milky, warm and spicy. There's a subtle hint of sweetness, but thankfully it's just a lightly sugared sensation. It's hard to detect what type of florals are present here, but I'd most likely settle with white florals, presented in a discreet and inoffensive manner.

To be honest, I wanted the spices to be a little more prominent, however the drydown of vanillary woods gave me great satisfaction. There's perhaps a fleeting 'incensey' vibe in there somewhere too.

While the sillage is weak, the longevity is quite lasting. It lasted around five hours on my skin, and felt very comforting and natural. I do recommend this fragrance. Unfortunately, this perfume has been discontinued around the globe. I feel fortunate to have found a tester bottle to experience Le Feu D'Issey Light before it will be forever lost to me.

Masculine Woody-Aromatic Oriental
Issey Miyake LE FEU D'ISSEY LIGHT is a rather masculine woody-aromatic oriental fragrance to my nose. Something here actually smells a bit nutmeggy, reminding me even of Calvin Klein EUPHORIA.

This perfume is far more aromatic than sweet or flowery and I'm thinking that it may be the absinthe which adds the spiciness, but this is also very woody and not very milky or caramelly at all to my nose. I am surprised that this is a made-for-women perfume, as it really smells made-for-men to me. I do think that it is wearable by women, but it's much closer to what I expect from niche-for-men creations.

I like but do not love this fragrance and would wear it now and then if I happened to own a bottle. But I don't, so I won't. I prefer the original, LE FEU D'ISSEY.

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Sophi
by Sophi

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Or Encens by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Pulse of the Night by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Noir Argent by Issey Miyake A Drop d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Parfum) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Polaris by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme - Shades of Kolam / ロードゥ イッセイ プールオム シェード オブ コーラム by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Eau d'Été Summer Edition 2013 by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake