Le Feu d'Issey Light (2000)

Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake
Bottle Design: Gwenael Nicolas

Le Feu d'Issey Light is a popular perfume by Issey Miyake for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-woody. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Bergamot, Coconut, Mahogany
Heart Notes Heart NotesHydrangea, Jasmine, Caramel, Milk, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Gaiac wood, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.07.2019

5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Soft and spicy
There is something quite captivating about Le Feu D'Issey Light. Despite the fact that it's a subtle fragrance, I completely understand why people love this so much.

It opens so very lightly that I had to press my nose to my wrist at first. All I could detect were soft, soapy floral accords. It was very clean and feminine, but not outstanding, at least not in the first hour or so.

After it settles, Le Feu D'Issey Light becomes quite milky, warm and spicy. There's a subtle hint of sweetness, but thankfully it's just a lightly sugared sensation. It's hard to detect what type of florals are present here, but I'd most likely settle with white florals, presented in a discreet and inoffensive manner.

To be honest, I wanted the spices to be a little more prominent, however the drydown of vanillary woods gave me great satisfaction. There's perhaps a fleeting 'incensey' vibe in there somewhere too.

While the sillage is weak, the longevity is quite lasting. It lasted around five hours on my skin, and felt very comforting and natural. I do recommend this fragrance. Unfortunately, this perfume has been discontinued around the globe. I feel fortunate to have found a tester bottle to experience Le Feu D'Issey Light before it will be forever lost to me.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Masculine Woody-Aromatic Oriental
Issey Miyake LE FEU D'ISSEY LIGHT is a rather masculine woody-aromatic oriental fragrance to my nose. Something here actually smells a bit nutmeggy, reminding me even of Calvin Klein EUPHORIA.

This perfume is far more aromatic than sweet or flowery and I'm thinking that it may be the absinthe which adds the spiciness, but this is also very woody and not very milky or caramelly at all to my nose. I am surprised that this is a made-for-women perfume, as it really smells made-for-men to me. I do think that it is wearable by women, but it's much closer to what I expect from niche-for-men creations.

I like but do not love this fragrance and would wear it now and then if I happened to own a bottle. But I don't, so I won't. I prefer the original, LE FEU D'ISSEY.

by Gaukeleya
by Gaukeleya
by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Sophi
by Sophi

Popular Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Toilette) by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Sport by Issey Miyake A Scent by Issey Miyake L'Eau Majeure d'Issey by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Florale by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Intense by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Absolue by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Fraîche) by Issey Miyake Le Feu d'Issey Light by Issey Miyake Pleats Please (Eau de Parfum) (2013) by Issey Miyake Pleats Please L'Eau by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Noir Ambré by Issey Miyake A Scent Florale by Issey Miyake Nuit d'Issey Parfum by Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pure Nectar de Parfum by Issey Miyake