Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Rausch is a perfume by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesRed pepper, Sandalwood
Heart Notes Heart NotesCypriol, Patchouli, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oud

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 13.10.2020.

Parfümlein
The consequences of uncontrolled perfume use
Wednesday morning, 9:40 a.m. My boss calls me into his office.
"Mrs. L., a word. I've been... well, I'm... a few colleagues have informed me that you're acting a little strange today."
"???"
"Well, you know: files. Files don't belong in the fridge with us..."
"I wasn't."
"and if you're willing to make the coffee. please do not put the open milk carton on the copier. Now the engineer has to come and..."
"Oh, do I...?"
"No, you don't have to pay anything. But, uh... what's the matter? You tell me. Are there any problems at home?"
"No...?"
"Well, you seem... kind of a little tense, a little... confused!?! Are you... did you..."
"???"
"Did you take anything? With respect, you... They smell a little strange, too... Mrs L.: Do you take drugs?"
"??? Me? No, no, no, no. I..."
"So? Out with it!"
"... Patch..."
"Patch!"
"Patch..."
"Patch... i don't know. Well, that's not what we used to smoke. They smell so... kind of like resin... or no, like wood, kind of caramelized wood...?"
"Och..."
"A bit spicy, like you were baking vanilla cookies on a campfire in the woods, with cloves and tree resin glaze... Aha: They baked cookies."
"Oh... not really..."
"But you have a rush. There's no question about it. Why don't you just admit it? "
"Yes... so... right. I'm high. "
"How... You're inebriated. Can't you speak normally anymore? It means you've got a rush."
"Yeah, I got a rush." "Don't make fun of me, listen. Mrs L., this will result in a warning. Go home, sleep it off, never come back here again intoxicated. Otherwise, we're done."
"??? All right..."
"Wait... Somehow... that smells pretty good what you took. I think that might be something for me, too. On weekends, of course. Sure. Tell me your source and we'll forget the whole thing. And besides, we never talked about it anyway. Got it?"
"? Okay, um... So, rush. You can get it in town at the perfumery K. ..."
"?????"
"I could bring you this. It's expensive, though. Think it over. Have a nice day, Mr. P. And no hard feelings."
Intoxicating
Since I think leather 6 is great, I decided to order the Discovery Set with the most important fragrances from J.S. Schwarzlose. Three days later this lovingly and, I think, high quality package lay in front of me.

Today's test: intoxication.

Start: That's huge. The intoxication jumps at me and with quite a but not unpleasant sharpness. And directly in the top note there are also woody echoes that give the whole ensemble a special character. Feel the beginning corresponds to a glass of vodka lemon on ex.

Then the whole structure becomes a little more manageable, softer, rounder. Whereby, rounder does not really hit the point, maybe in contrast to the start, yes, but otherwise the part remains already violent. I'm hearing vanilla, and I'm hearing a lot of it. The scent envelops me, reducing the sharpness from the beginning to a subtle degree, but still clearly pronounced. To stick with the noise comparison, I'm at the fourth vodka lemon. And in this phase the whole story from my point of view takes a turn into the slightly oriental. Whether this is due more to the ambergris or oud admixtures, I can't say. The fact is, the point where you can't drive anymore is long gone. The sixth vodka lemon has flushed down and I'm thinking, so what, let's down one more!

Fact is: the opening sharpness (according to pyramid red pepper, ok, if it stands there like that) pulls itself with me in different characteristics by the day through. And the multifaceted moments have something for themselves. Rausch reminds me a little bit of Kilian's intoxicated, but there the coffee is the dominant note and overall it's a bit sweeter.

Well, who wears a rush of it when? In my opinion male as well as female, mid 20s up to the young-at-heart. I can't use it in my everyday life. This fragrance calls for darkness. Dinner anywhere. Perfect for long and hot club nights. Durability and Sillage at a reasonable level, although I expected more from an EdP. The bottle is rather unspectacular but with its black-golden front view already giving an idea that here no 08/15 representative bends around the corner. Too special for me, too much in the niche, but a cool party scent for everyone who is looking for something like this
DonJuanDeCat
I wish it was that easy...!
Hello, perfume freaks! A new night, a new comment. Well, you already know that, don't you? :)
So today we're talking about a brand that I haven't tasted before: Schwarzlose. The fragrance of those I will introduce now is "Rausch" and as you may already recognize it from its name, it should be a fragrance for the night, respectively for the night life. A time that is fun, that you may drink a lot and throw yourself into bed or couch completely exhausted afterwards. Maybe that's why they say you'd sleep it off after such a night.

Well... if you can sleep. If one has looked too deeply into the glass, then a part of the drunk would like to come up high again. Then there's usually nothing left to do but crouch down in front of the toilet seat and throw up your soul from your body :D
You all know them, don't you? Yes, me too, we've all done this before, probably many many times, which often ended with the saying "I'll never drink again", even if you never kept to it. By the way, in such cases you can be quite happy if this humid but less cheerful "after party" gets up in your own toilet and you don't have to spend until four o'clock in the morning on the completely filthy toilet of a buddy... brrr... everything has already been there with me, baaaah! :DD

Well, before you guys leave disgusted, I'd better describe the scent.

The fragrance:
The fragrance begins spicy with an intense peppery note, followed by a light alcoholic note reminiscent of rum or whiskey and an initial hint of oud. A slight sweetness (presumably from the amber) is present in the background, but you would have to smell it exactly to perceive it. After that the fragrance already gets its woody notes.
The alcoholic note disappears quite fast again, but it can also be that this is actually the amber and its scent appears only at the beginning in the mix with the other scents a little more alcoholic. In any case, one smells more and more pepper and Oud, however, the smell is neither pungent nor dry, but rather warm with slightly soft notes, which are "caused" by the mentioned amber and vanilla.
A little later the pepper goes back, which makes the fragrance much sweeter, because not only the vanilla gradually becomes stronger, but also the beautiful amber. Slightly oudig-spicy, a little earthy with patchouli and warm-sweet with vanilla, the fragrance finally comes to an end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, exaggerated sprayed the fragrance could fill the room for a while. So when you go out, you'll be able to smell it for a while. This also makes the fragrance very long-lasting, so that the fragrance will last all day or all night long and can still be felt weakly on the skin the next morning.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular, clear and has a black label or overprint on the front with recesses showing the logo and name. The lid is cylindrical, gold-plated and covered with lines. This makes the bottle look more elegant, so that the overall package is quite successful.

Soo, that was intoxication. Okay, name fits. Because immediately with the very first sprayer one knows immediately that it concerns with this smell here actually an Aushduft. And by that I don't mean having a nice dinner, but partying, drinking, and so on.
The pepper and the oud did not make the fragrance as stinging and exhausting as feared, but it is still a little heavy from the charisma, so that it has become an autumn and winter fragrance. And although the fragrance was given here as unisex, I find that the fragrance is very masculine and would therefore consider it more than a men's fragrance.

A test is worth it! I also liked the fragrance because it also has a very nice and warm amber vanilla note, which is quite delicious. And I hope that with a smell like that we guys will come across better and hotter,... that has to be, too, ho ho ho! :DD
But don't judge us too hard when we "get stuck" in the toilet later... you ladies aren't any different, why else do you think we guys are so good at holding your hair while you vomit it all out? Only... uhh... for once we don't want to kiss you afterwards as a reward, because we were so nice and saved your hair from puke, igitt, no no! :DD

Well, that's that again. Have a nice evening! :)
And as Arnold Schwarzenegger always says: I'll be back! Well, you "see" yourself!
5.5
The Wan Tan Legacy
Carefully, Sherlock journeyman and occasional historian Prof. Dr. whatever Meggi stepped down the beaten, fragile steps. The single, naked light bulb on the low ceiling provided only sparse light and he doubted that the rope screwed into the wall as a handrail would be able to hold him in the event of a fall. He felt as if he was going into a crypt.

In fact it was the archive of the company J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin and his mission there was extremely important. For a long time he had puzzled over what secret might lie hidden in the fragrance "Rausch", what this obscene "as if" Oud reminded him of and what the name of the fragrance meant. Was that the legacy of the two once disappeared? Could it really be that they had stayed here? In Berlin?

The focus of the research was the scent: after a prelude of caramel turned into bitterness on a woody, earthy and sour base, a strangely familiar, thick sweetness formed on top. The fruity-bisty-sour impression was present throughout the morning and even a handful of dusty resin around noon was unable to discipline the sweet-sour diffuse fruit.

What did that have to do with Oud? Perhaps something similar to the (not very successful) Als-Ob-Oud from Oud Immortel by Byredo. Could this have triggered the vague "I know" feeling that has been bothering the professor since the first test of "Rausch"? Hmm. Although at least a distant association with citric-sour oud replacement had emerged, it had not been satisfactory or conclusive. Only directly on the skin seemed a little wood involved, which could be interpreted with plentifully good will in the direction of Oud.

He had sniffed again and again and suddenly had to think of drowned lychees. Litchis - that's it! The smell corresponded to that of sweet and sour Chinese sauce. What a flash of genius! And finally a concrete trace.

Enormous persistence had given him access to the company archive. And here he was, standing in front of endless rows of files. He pulled out the first one, sat down at a small table with it and began the arduous work. The hours passed...

And finally he found what he was looking for - on a superficially harmless picture of a works outing. A comparison with official photos of the two (shown at the top of the picture; parfumo.de/user/Meggi/Bild/129629) left no doubt: The photo showed the exiled Emperor Guangxu of China (red) and his body cook (yellow).

General historiography assumed that Guangxu had been deprived of power, imprisoned and poisoned by his aunt, the infamous Empress widow Cixi. But of course he didn't feel like it at all. Together with the cook, who might not have administered him the dish 'Meng-von-Arseng' invented by Cixi, he had fled to Germany and hired himself as an interpreter for J.F. Schwarzlose. The cook had taken over the management of the company canteen. Obviously, he had refrained from the preparation of 'Meng-von-Arseng' and instead preferred to create the Wan-Tan variation 'Kaz-im-Sak' with sweet and sour sauce.

Unfortunately, John Fitzgerald's food regularly caused Schwarzlose, the company's eponym, dizziness - at that time inexplicable, today known as glutamate intolerance. Therefore the cook had to give up his sweet and sour experiments and died soon before sorrow. In his honour, Mr Schwarzlose had preserved the smell of 'Kaz-im-Sak' in a scent and had called it 'intoxication', remembering its symptoms when consumed. 'Fake' would have sounded stupid.

What revelations! All history (and some cook!) books would have to be revised. Moved by his discovery, the professor straightened himself up. A laborious research had found its spectacular end. Time to leave the archives. With a little luck, he was able to place the unquestionably hottest story of the year with the news agencies so early that it would make it on the front pages tomorrow morning.
That's the hammer!
Totally underrated, perfect balance.
If I had the necessary change, two of them would already be in stock in the cupboard.

It starts very oriental for my taste and then becomes more and more gentle and accessible for "uneducated" noses.
I can't say anything about the fragrance pyramid, it just smells very good.

The Sillage could be a bit stronger but otherwise it is perfect.
Absolutely test!
FrauDufte123
My absolute favorite fragrance!
I liked Rausch right from the start. It was love at first sight. It's a heavy scent, but it's not pushy. Still, when you come into the room, he says, "Here I am!"
I generally like vanilla fragrances very much. But this one has really really droned on me!
Meermaid
Intoxicated? RUSSCH! Yeah, what else?!
How fortunate that this fragrance came to me by chance - but very impressively - before I read this almost continuous verse here, otherwise I would probably never have gotten to know it.

When this scent was first in the air for me, I was overwhelmed. I had to know what it was. And, once I'd found out which lady was wearing it, I HAD to ask her what the perfume was. I'd never done this before, but I'd never smelled anything like it. Gorgeous, unusual, heavy, herbal, incense-like, but not as strong.

The lady had only tried this fragrance in a beauty shop, but could not remember the brand or even the name. Luckily she remembered it, because I didn't let up and wanted to know what it was:
GET OUT!
Yes, indeed, there's no better way to describe this fragrance. It's like a rush, even today after a year, when I apply this scent. There is nothing like it for me. If you 'click' through the perfume shelves, then you quickly get 'tired', because somehow everything smells similar, with small differences RAUSCH is unique, unmistakable and I didn't smell anything of sweetness there. Heavy? YES! Sweet? Not a bit. When the smell envelops you, you are in another world. For me it is the most beautiful and extraordinary scent I have ever encountered: unmistakable and simply heavenly.

Myhorses
Rausch or about creating (perfume) addiction
My first encounter with Rausch was almost one year ago and honestly, after several trials I’m still much intrigued. If somebody will ask me right in this moment to define Rausch it will be a difficult exercise but what I can easily say that it’s an intoxicating fragrance.

So, what are the consequences of direct exposure to Rausch? This smoky dark ambery creature with some vanilla/oud traces in its veins which trigger a long term addiction and, as far as I know, no antidote to Rausch exposure was created up to this moment.
Among all amber centered perfumes Rausch it is different, a weird creature but its weirdness makes it so attractive. The amber/ vanilla/oud accord stays almost the same, like the words of a spell which have to be repeated loudly not whispering, on and on. Rausch will not take you by surprise changing on your skin, it’s safe from this perspective but it has a strong voluptuous side making you and everybody around fall so easy under this perfume spell.

Rausch lives on the skin as long as the night lasts(8-10 hours). I forgot to mention something really important : when going out Rausch is the best companion for night life, you can go together from a club to another club or bar melting into the night until sunrise.
Rausch can be easily worn by men and also by bold women but if you wear it please be prepared to face the consequences of your new power because you’ll create addiction around you.

Raus(ch)!
This is a badass fragrance! It's like if Dirty English skips the part where it holds a razor against your throat, and promises that it will just beat you. For starters, it surely sounds kind of intimidating to a non-German speaker. I don't know, but if I'd say to someone "Dude, your perfume rocks! What is it?" and he answered "Rausch, Schwarzlose" I'd think that he has just told me to shut up and get lost. Or "Go back to your mother boy while you're still not crying!", if there was any lipstick on the lips that would have uttered the words. But I have a feeling that in the end, we would be best buddies, trying to bring drinking the bars dry under "Mission accomplished" status, so as to justify its name. Something tells me that its "meaning business" aura would be a blast combined with some 30 years old Talisker. Amber, oud and sandalwood, drenched in smoked and peated liquid gold. Can you think of anything better?...

Exploiting Berlin's positive vibes
On Saturday, I finally had the chance of sniffing the new "Schwarzlose Berlin Fragrance Quartet" in Berlin itself, namely at the famous "KadeWe". Testing these new scents was amusing, because the nice assistant at the so-called "fragrance bar" ("Duftbar") told me that she considered the scents not worth the "hype".
Well, apart from the "1A-33 scent" none of the four perfumes really appealed to my nose either. I'm glad I wasn't lurred into making a blind purchase before testing, since this average oud-amber-combo wouldn't have satisfied my perfume needs. "Rausch" is like a slap into your face/nose: It takes a very extreme sweet and and sultry start, breathtaking i.e. "intoxicating" in a negative way. The usual amber-oud-chord, which we encounter in countless new releases those days follows after 30 seconds - .... - this stuff makes me yawn!
The advertising campaign is misleading, trying to bestow the scent with some kind of "unique Berlin atmossphere", mercilessly exploiting the positive image the city of Berlin enjoys as an artistic and cultural centre. I have been addressed by several perfumista-friends from abroad who are eager to try the "Schwarzlose fragrances". Furthermore, "Rausch" gets a lot of attention just because of its clever name, alluding to a sensual orgy, i.e. "intoxication".
Why did adjectives such as interchangeable, boring and hackneyed cross my mind while testing the scent? "Schwarzlose's Rausch" is nothing to write home about.

by Irini
by AnnaBar
by Fernweh
by Fernweh

Popular J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin

Leder 6 / Fetisch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 1A-33 (2012) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Treffpunkt 8 Uhr by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 20|20 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Trance by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #1 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #2 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #3 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Parfum) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Zeitgeist by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Toilette) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin