Trance by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Trance is a perfume by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesTurkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesAbsinth, Cistus absolute

Submitted by FLUidENTITY, last update on 25.10.2020.

Orignially released in the 1920s, Trance was reinvented after the brand J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin had been revived.

Bottomless banal
"Trance", that means high concentration and deep relaxation. In trance one can have intensive mental experiences. But you can also simply fall into a sleep-like twilight state, like when wearing this perfume. Sweet-flowery-fruity artificial. Later it becomes soft, with such a meaningless common wood, also fully synthetic. Just the right thing for little girls who don't have their lollipop liquid vaporizer at hand. In return they have a Sillage that the cute boys at the other end of the club will surely notice. And the stuff doesn't come off when you freshen up again. An esteemed correspondent described it as "somewhere between a residual head-drumming frenzy and the murmuring of birds". That's pretty good, although I think the hangover clearly drowns out the chirping. I give just 3 points, because this product still doesn't really stink.

This is now the second fragrance of the blackless I've come across after "Altruist." I also found it rather unoriginal, but at least not as bottomlessly banal as "Trance". Maybe I'm just not cut out for this company.

Chanelle
Rose rush with cotton-soft comedown
As of today, I officially declare my corona-ridden olfactory cells as having recovered. After my nose had let me down pretty badly for the first time in my life due to this nasty, nasty infection, I actually smelled what I was supposed to smell in today's test of another blackless scent. And I was enchanted Smelling good is nice, that's what we are here for, and we often let it cost us a lot. But to be able to smell good - I have never really been aware of this before - is a gift!
Trance, whose name of course reminded me of the "German Poison from the 80s" - Trance by Ellen Betrix, which I unfortunately only got to know and love years after her death, is, as expected, completely different, but still fine.
Although the rose is very dominant in it, it is velvety and soft and does not prick in the least. It can also be said that it has such a delicious, slightly dropy sweetness that it makes the fragrance appear quite gourmand, which increases with time. And then the intoxication sets in. The green fairy flutters over, moistens the velvet rose with wormwood drops from absinthe.
Shock love.
Herbaceous-sweet, misty, seductive.
Now I just want to glide onto a dark red velvet divan full of dark green cushions and close my eyes. Inhale bliss, drift and let the good Lord be a good man. And it shall not stop But it does, though fortunately not anytime soon.
Because even if the Absinthe has only banged for a short time, the fragrance stays with me for a long time. The spices only become noticeable after a few hours and let the velvety taste slowly fall asleep. Now, after 9 hours, I still interpret a little super soft sandalwood into the last remains of the fragrance, and also a little bit of orient A successful re-entry into the fragrant life!
...or "Kissed awake by Sleeping Beauty"...
What a twist
hardcore techno has never really been mine In the 90s I found myself more at home on the rave- and after that really on the trance track. Melodious sounds, underlaid with clear beats, garnished with some catchy voices, yoah , I can live with that, even today :-).

And then I stumble upon a scent that is actually called a trance. I appreciate blackless Berlin very much, especially after Leather 6 (see my comment on this) moved in with me. I think Leather 6 is great, so both interest and excitement about trance are aroused. Should Schwarzlose Berlin have succeeded in creating another outstanding creation? After all, Berlin and trance go together quite well in my opinion.

Press the sprayer three times, sniff twice and once immediately pull the nose away. The prelude gave me the impression that I had reached into the ladies' shelf. "Wow, he's flowery," was my first thought.

So first let it sit for a while and after half an hour make a second attempt.

Okay, the flowery part is still there, but far from being as pithy and omnipresent. And then the surprising turnaround. Something dirty, disreputable, animalistic mixes in secretly, quietly and silently and takes over more and more with every additional minute. I can't, for the life of me, define exactly what I smell. And I am torn, wavering as in a trance in my judgment. Wow, is this thing super or noooo, in life not, because it's too sweet/floral.

Anyway, the House of Schwarzlose is to be respected for creating (or more precisely reviving) a fragrance that is incredibly far from the mainstream, that will probably never become a top seller, but that's what makes it so special. For this approach and this courage alone is an extra point from me.

Where do we go from here? I can't detect a great fragrance, but that is not a disadvantage in this case. Trance performs even after hours and that is almost a bit uncomfortable for me. Because the cloud that I pull behind me provokes looks. As much as I like to leave a Leather 6 cloud behind, the trance veil is almost embarrassing. Definitely not an everyday scent.

The longer the more this constellation of the individual ingredients (and I can't divide them even after hours) reminds me in its final result of overcrowded dance floors, on which sweaty bodies dance to each other and I am forgiven my directness, also of uninhibited, sweaty and wild sex.

In the right dosage, trance has an effect on me like an aphrodisiac - if a woman is wearing it. At the beginning of the millennium, Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme had the same attributes for men, trance seems to me personally to be the female counterpart.

The smell does what it wants to do to me. He keeps forcing me to lead my nose. He puts me in a trance, so the name is actually the program here. He takes my mind off things. He attracts my attention. He's a player par excellence. He's practically drowning me.

But he's certainly a cleaver, too. I can imagine that there will be just as many enthusiasts as those who do not share my enthusiasm at all. Trance is too ambivalent, but definitely (and especially for ladies with class, with style, with self-confidence and with sex appeal) a test recommendation.

The fragrance itself: Unique. Kind of animal. I think he's hot.
Sillage: At first enormous, then socially acceptable, but not to be underestimated.
Durability: on a high level, 10 hours will get you through every night reliably.
Flacon: unspectacular, compared to the contents.
When: In the evening and at night - for the special moments in life.
Who: See above, from my perspective for ladies. Nothing for girlies with green or blue hair and massive metal in their face, sorry. Trance demands more.

Even if Trance will not make it into my collection, the fragrance itself is great for me. And with that another representative of Schwarzlose Berlin, who has completely convinced me.

HermeshHermesh 4 years ago
Sugar-coated heavy rose ranges between eroticism and brothel.

by Babylon
by Cressi
by AlinaK22
by AlinaK22

Popular J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin

Leder 6 / Fetisch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 1A-33 (2012) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Treffpunkt 8 Uhr by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 20|20 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #1 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #2 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #3 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Parfum) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Zeitgeist by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Toilette) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin