Treffpunkt 8 Uhr 2012

Treffpunkt 8 Uhr by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Treffpunkt 8 Uhr is a popular perfume by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMango, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage, Naked lady
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 29.04.2020.

Orignially released in 1900, Treffpunkt 8 Uhr was reinvented after the brand J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin had been revived.
In 2014 a limited edition of 88 bottles was released for the 88th anniversary of the scent, called "Opening Edition". The top and heart note of this variant are supposed to smell as in the original scent formula.

MajorTom
Special and yet too little special
8 o'clock rendezvous point. First question that comes to my mind: 8 o'clock in the morning or evening? Second question: and where do we meet at all? And then third, to want to know if I'm dating a male or a female. So the questions are clear, it is necessary to find and give the answers.

Capsule down and onto the sprayer. It's raining down fine, so that's fine. Without looking into the pyramid, I get stuck immediately after opening: another vetiver scent. This sweet grass, which almost every established supplier (Creed, Tom Ford, hermes...) has in its program in any direction, can be liked or not, I understand both camps. For me personally it is sometimes too much, but I find the Grey Vetiver of TF sensational. But this representative here comes much more discreetly around the corner than most of his brothers, the vetiver here not dominating in the foreground, but embedded in a fresh shell, that's how I like it. I can't recognize mango or ginger, my nose reports a mix of grapefruit and pepper. And after 15 minutes, think what you know in a similar way, my realization that there are certain parallels to the Terre of Hermes. It is well known that it is one of the best on the market (I am afraid of the first reformulation!), so we have to work out the differences.

One of the probably essential points is where the Terre becomes woody and slightly heavier, Treffpunkt 8 o'clock maintains an incredible lightness. And then there are perfumes that dominate my office in no time at all, take possession of it and do so all dearly throughout the long day. Example: Moroccan Leather. Bomb. The meeting point, on the other hand, hangs light as a feather in the air. Which for me would answer the first question from above, 8 o'clock in the morning, please, too light the scent for evening adventures. And where do you meet this scent? In the English Garden in Munich, at the Binnenalster in Hamburg or at the Alex in Berlin or simply in the coffee around the corner, so question two is also ticked off.

I find it interesting that the lightness I described nevertheless goes along with a high "adhesion", also after hours on the skin meeting point 8 o'clock is clearly perceptible with me. Where Terre stretches its wings at some point, the rendezvous point does not let up. With the Sillage, on the other hand, I personally find Terre more vivid and also more impressive, I like it when fragrances make a clear and striking appearance. But of course this is also a matter of taste and reserved for each individual.

Another three hours later. I discover a resemblance to my old signature Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne which is a bit more angular and masculine.
The fresh-fruity opening note has given way and on my skin a mixture of flower and vetiver spreads out, which then slowly fades to the end.

The third question remains. Masculine, feminine, diverse? From my point of view, everything somehow, wearable for all genres of this world. Maybe the perfect unisex man. On 20 year olds I don't see the scent so much, it seems too mature and has too much class (please don't understand this as "20j.haben keine Klasse", you hope you know how I mean it).

Conclusion:
Durability enormous, even a hand wash cannot completely remove all traces. Sillage moderate, no room filler, a fine, reserved and at least with me rather skin-near journeyman. Flacon okay, nicely done, but not exactly an eye catcher either. A round fragrance, no conspicuous, no exclamation marker, a discreet touch that pleasantly enriches the vetiver corner, but not one that triggers an immediate impulse to buy. Not even because the absolute unique selling proposition is a bit off my mind.

Fits the picture
I typically enjoy perfume as an experience, not just the scent itself but the full package, ranging from the packaging and presentation, the actual scent obviously, and the story and inspiration behind its creation. And that is where this perfume - for me - stands out. I like the idea of a perfume that recalls the excitement and anticipation of a first date, and presents the development of associatEd feelings. And that is exactly what I get with the perfume. In an olfactory way it starts with the preparation and the gradual increase of the excitement (I guess the mango is at play here), as a build up to the pièce-de-résistance: the moment where you meet the object of your anticipation and probably desire. And then the date unfolds and grows until the time where it will remain a lingering memory of that evening of excitement and togetherness.

So from my side: highly recommended and big thumbs up. I so do love some of the perfumes Schwarzlose make...

Note: I bought the “collector’s item” version of this one, with 100 ml contained by a crystal bottle. It is nice, but not too different from the “normal” presentation from my perspective. Maybe the brand could amp up the special editions a notch or two to make them stand out more. That said, and I realize I am going against the flow a bit with the following comment: I actually do like the bottle and general presentation by Schwarzlose. For me, they fit the picture - just as much as Treffpunkt 8 Uhr inspired me to envision the story behind it.

Enjoy the journey, may it lead to many nice memories for you all! ????????
Parental naivety
"I'm supposed to meet Luke at 8:00." Such sentences are basically not unusual for parents - I was surprised, however, that my son, barely twelve years old, wanted to meet with a classmate at this time of day, weekend back or forth. My wife should have let him do that? Not even the undeniably sweetest and most charming (if necessary) of all sons would have gotten his mum to do it.

Well, the solution to the riddle was of course that the appointment should take place in the manner of the advancing 21st century, namely on the computer, connected via Skype or a similar service and designed as a joint daddle round. That's great. The times when people were still strolling around somewhere at this age are simply over.

Or is it eight o'clock in the morning? Meeting point 8 o'clock' seems closer to the office than to going out in the evening, because it is a transparent vetiver scent, for which the other ingredients mentioned are at best a decoration.

Vetiver nutty, long before any thought of fruit even arises. Freshness provides a presumably chemical-supported, aqueous base. The gradually dawning fruit is also more watery than obscure, although I notice it more clearly on the second day of testing. That it's mango now. All right. I would have guessed peach from the can.

The Vetiver gradually develops a smoky note in the course of the morning. An accompanying bloody breath directly on the skin I admit for my sake. I'd rather sense a touch of artificial wood. Sage, I'd have to imagine.

And also the afternoon progress does not scratch at the dominance of the sweet grass - nevertheless it adds (laboratory) still one on it: I smell the -ylacetate acidity, even quite intense, but tastefully integrated into a suitable context and therefore less aggressive than in Geza Schöns corresponding soloist 'Molecule 03. I like it much better here.

Conclusion: 'Treffpunkt 8 Uhr' convinces as a relatively slim vetiver fragrance. Those who like such things should also test 'II-III (homage to) Hemingway' from Masque. There the topic Vetiver is perhaps a tine more courageously fanned out.

I thank Serenissima for the rehearsal.
Meetingpoint wanted
"Meeting point 8 o'clock" - sounds good!
Only where? In Hanover "Unter dem Schwanz" or at "Café Kröpcke" (does that still exist?)?
Here in Berlin at the old clock at Potsdamer Platz or under the legendary "Uhr am Bahnhof Zoo", then sung about in a pop song?
I believe: every city, every larger town has its classic meeting point.

And classical is also "meeting point 8 o'clock"!
Sympathetically mossy-dark and yet brightly shining, the beauty of this classic opens up just now in autumn.
The fragrant swinging, sounding and blooming midsummer is behind us; now we long a little for muted colours and also scents.

This longing supports "Treffpunkt 8 Uhr" very well!
Perhaps the mango chords mentioned here in the fragrance pyramid at the beginning of the 20th century did not open up scent; the "replica" was very well done - although of course I lack a comparison!
Mango fruit sweetness is pleasantly steamed by ginger pungency; a beautiful warmth and very balanced scent balance develops here.
Sage and autumn crocus bring the first spicy, earthy autumn touch to this creation.
Sage with his quite own herbal spice, which not everyone likes; reminds her too much of the tea against sore throat!
And the autumn crocus, whose chalices, usually appearing as couples, I only know lying on their sides as if they were too heavy to stand upright.
It is probably responsible for the slight hint of saffron; it belongs to the lily family, whose stamens also have a similar scent.
(These side mounted calyxes in their washed-out colours always remind me of large naked troll feet warming in the sun.
Please don't ask me why: it just is! Of course I don't know what the feet of a troll look like either; but it could be that my idea is not so wrong.)
This autumnal spice goes extremely well with the warm ginger fruit note of Entrées.
Its bright glow is thus dimmed, the entire scent impression quieter, darker and softer.
For earth health and still a little sensuality, Vetiver provides - and not too short!
I don't like this scent alone; maybe it's just too masculine for me.
But just like here in "Treffpunkt 8 Uhr", Vetiver is exactly the keystone that this scent building was missing before and that holds it together.
This gives the aforementioned woody-spicy impression; the warming mango-ginger mixture provides refined points of light.

Blackless "meeting point 8 o'clock" is a very nice and welcome surprise this time of year.
It is easy to live with its average shelf life; after all, the days are getting shorter, why shouldn't one admit it to such a beautiful fragrance?

In all the fragrances tested in the last days and weeks "Treffpunkt 8 Uhr" forms a quiet haven!
It is "just classic and beautiful" and without big frills a pleasure in restless life.
It's nice that J. F. Schwarzlose Berlin took the trouble and revived this great fragrance.
It was definitely worth it!

HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Light-woody, subtly floral, with gentle vetiver and an interesting green (rough, almost wormwood-like) herbal note.

by Miggax
by Catyschatzi
by Loewenrose
by Loewenrose

Popular J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin

Leder 6 / Fetisch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 1A-33 (2012) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin 20|20 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Rausch by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Trance by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #1 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #2 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Parfum Captive #3 by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Parfum) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Zeitgeist by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin Altruist (Eau de Toilette) by J.F. Schwarzlose Berlin