Art Collection by Jacomo #08 2010

Art Collection by Jacomo #08 by Jacomo
Art Collection by Jacomo #08 is a perfume by Jacomo for women and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesGingerGinger
MilkMilk
Base Notes Base NotesCinnamonCinnamon
HoneyHoney
AmberAmber

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.09.2020.

AIRY ORIENTAL
Airy oriental, light spicy and aromatic perfume. Best for hot days during summer. The most distinguished notes are ginger, cinammon, cardammon. The sweetness is not cloying while the combination of spices and dried fruits is nicely done. Medium long lasting but you can spray more than usual as price is very low. Men can wear it too. Simple purple glass bottle with unusual print on the packaging. Good choise for this rather optimistic perfume from Jacomo!!!

MasterLi
The sweet smells of India...
What a beautiful fragrance! I love to be surprised when I try something new... and Jacomo Art Collection #8 was a lovely surprise for me.

This one is inspired by the wonderful smells of Indian spices... green cardamom, cinnamon, hot ginger, and spicy indian black tea (called "masala chai"). If you have ever been in a spice market somewhere like in India, North Africa or the Middle East, you can find the "sweet" section where you can see dried fruits, fresh aromatic spices like dried cloves, raw cinnamon, spicy cardamom, coriander, nutmeg etc etc. This takes me back to those places (which I have been lucky to experience), and the aroma is fantastic!

I think this one will appeal to many people because it is quite light. If it was any heavier than this it would be similar to a Serge Lutens fragrance, this is almost like a "lighter" version of a Serge Lutens. The floral note of freesia gives this an air-like quality that stops it being to heavy. To me this also reminds me a lot of the "real" spiced Indian ginger tea I used to receive when I visited a Buddhist monastery. It's so green and refreshing with a hint of spice!

This can work in summer as it is light and not too heavy, but in my opinion this would be great in cold weather (in winter... by the warm fire). It has a very "warm" quality to it which is very nice... Like a cup of hot tea! Well done Jacomo!

Floral Chai
Another wonderful chai perfume that I love. I smell plenty of spicy, creamy, cardamom-laden chai here, but the odd bit is that it's mixed with freesia. I'm pretty sure I've never had chai with freesia in it...so to some extent I wish it was just straight-up CHAI. On the other hand, I think freesia smells wonderful in the mix. This still is not my perfect chai, but it's getting awfully close.

SUMMARY: A cool, refreshing chai over ice

Watery Chai
Having been curious about the Jacomo Art Collection series for quite some time, I was happy to receive a sample vial of #08 from generous Parfumo member SystemeD. Thank you!

Thin orientals are not really my thing, and that is what #08 is. The core of this composition is a bundle of chai spices, and they are not sustained in a substantial oriental base, so the overall effect bears similarities to a weak cup of chai tea. I do not think that the blend is bad, but it's not really viscous enough for my wintertime perfume tastes. It reminds me in some ways of the original Bvlgari OMNIA perfume, although the longevity of this creation is better.

Many people have compared this perfume to the tea offerings from L'Artisan Parfumeur, but I do not find this to be a facsimile of chai or a "spice-cabinet" chai, so to my nose this presentation is somewhat more compositionally appealing. Smelling like beverages and foods which I enjoy to consume is not really my preference when it comes to perfume.

The quality of this "Art Collection" creation seems lower to me than those of L'Artisan Parfumeur, as I have found to be the case for Jacomo perfumes more generally. The somewhat pretentious name and higher price notwithstanding, I do not notice any real difference in the quality of the materials used in this perfume, as compared with others from this house.

The good news is that I am quite sure that Jacomo #08 could be worn in hot weather, so it may be the perfect solution for oriental lovers wishing to enjoy spiciness year round.

T42 quits smoking
As much as I love spice and tea scents, it's a fine line for me between something wearable and something edible. For instance, with Bulgari Au The Rouge (Red Tea), I sometimes smell mostly the tannins (wearable) and sometimes mostly the figs (more like I'd smeared food on myself).

While chai tea smells beautiful, I don't want to smell like I've spilled it on myself. My favorite spicy tea scent, therefore, is L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two. While it has much of the scent of chai tea, its smokiness prevents it from smelling too much like food. It gives more of an impression of general coziness - the cup of tea and the crackling fire combined.

Jacomo Art Collection #8, on the other hand, only has the chai spices. It is a quiet scent of cardamom and ginger, making me think of a thin sugar icing on a spice cake. It's perfectly nice. But I'd really prefer to curl up by Tea for Two's fire while I drink my chai.

by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Jacomo

Jacomo de Jacomo (1980) (Eau de Toilette) by Jacomo Silences (2004) (Eau de Parfum) by Jacomo Eau Cendrée (Eau de Toilette) by Jacomo Silences (1978) (Parfum) by Jacomo Silences (1978) (Parfum de Toilette) by Jacomo Anthracite pour l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacomo Jacomo for Men Intense by Jacomo Cœur de Parfum / Parfum Rare (Eau de Parfum) by Jacomo Jacomo for Men by Jacomo Parfum Rare (Eau de Toilette) by Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo (2011) by Jacomo Silences Purple by Jacomo Parfum Rare (Extrait) by Jacomo Silences (Eau de Parfum Sublime) by Jacomo Art Collection by Jacomo #09 by Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo Paradox Green by Jacomo Chicane (Eau de Toilette) by Jacomo Aura for Men by Jacomo Jacomo de Jacomo Deep Blue by Jacomo