Selection

Selection by Jacques Battini
7.9 / 10 16 Ratings
Selection is a popular perfume by Jacques Battini for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Main accords

Woody
Spicy
Sweet
Earthy
Floral

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes BergamotBergamot CardamomCardamom CinnamonCinnamon CloveClove CorianderCoriander GeraniumGeranium GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine PatchouliPatchouli RoseRose
Base Notes Base Notes CedarwoodCedarwood MuskMusk VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver
Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 03.02.2023.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Top Review 7
Cautious Optimism
[brief analysis]
When alms are excessive, poor people become cautious. In this industry, I have become used to finding some precious but cheap gems. Rubbish scents for a few euros or expensive perfumes that are far from worthy of their price are also common. In this case, I had been flooded with cautious optimism. I had the feeling that there was reason to expect a good result, even if I didn't expect complete success.
Selection cost me 12 euros + shipping from a web supplier. In return, I received a well-packaged 100ml bottle. After the comments I had read and heard about this fragrance, it really seemed like a good deal. I'm even glad that I didn't just order a decant to try it out.
Although I am still wary of this transaction, I consider the fragrance to be at least on par (or better) than most of Zara's well praised and cheap offerings. As far as value for money is concerned, it reminds me of some Morabito flasks which are also very good and cheap... but not that cheap. I want to give it some more use time just to confirm I don't get a rash.

In the meantime, here's a quick comment on a perfume that reminds me of A*Men but also leans towards Encre Noir. Lovers of those two perfumes may have high expectations, or at least, some curiosity. However, I also take the view that Selection is not intended to be a clone of any well-known fragrance. It has a glimmer of a synthetic nuance, but nothing bothersome. It surprised me right from the first sniff because it is very intense, quite spicy, and presented me with unexpected wet tobacco associations.
At the opening it is fruity with sweet and ripe grapefruit, For this fruity start, I noticed that splashes of cinnamon mixed with cardamom and analysed coriander are also present. This aroma turns into an orange peel accord, which makes it (just a bit) fresh. At the same time, my nose is pushed into darker nuances by a perceptible rose note reinforced by cedarwood and vanilla sweetness. The presence of vetiver (Haiti variety?) is also noted. Thanks to the base vetiver note, this fragrance can also be worn in warm weather. On cold days we can appreciate its sweetness, the strong spices and a seductive dark background reminiscent of tobacco, caramelized sugar and brandy accords.
The aromas that I highlight?
1) A strong patchouli;
2) Medium strength notes of cedar, orange peel and cardamom;
3) Weaker vetiver, tobacco, musk, vanilla and rose notes.
For an easy to reach, woody, spicy and inexpensive perfume, I can hardly suggest a better one. It will undeniably capture a lot of attention, besides making you comfortable. The bottle is traditional, but for the price it cost me, I also find it more than acceptable.

Music: Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babies"

Wow! Just wow!
One of the strongest surprise I ever had! I bought it from DM in Bulgaria (in vacation), because I didn't find it in my country. It's so strong, intensive and beautiful smelling! It's also cheap, making it to enter in my "best buy" list. It smells like Mugler's A-Men, but sincerelly I prefer Selection... its dry down it's much better.

1 short view on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Woody, spicy, and inexpensive good perfume. It will undeniably draw a lot of attention besides being comfortable to wear.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Jacques Battini

Prestige by Jacques Battini - Corail by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - Magic by Jacques Battini White Spark by Jacques Battini Ruby Spark by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - Night Dream by Jacques Battini Prestige by Jacques Battini - Corail Elegance by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - Moments by Jacques Battini Prestige by Jacques Battini - de L'ambre Shadow by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - Mystery by Jacques Battini Tropical Edition - Bali by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - Black by Jacques Battini Young by Jacques Battini - Pop London by Jacques Battini Flos Sphere by Jacques Battini Crystal Edition - N° 17 by Jacques Battini Vanity by Jacques Battini Prestige by Jacques Battini - de L'ambre Violette by Jacques Battini Hush by Jacques Battini Exalted You (Eau de Parfum) by Jacques Battini Young by Jacques Battini - Pop NY by Jacques Battini Ignis Sphere by Jacques Battini