Bogart 1975 Eau de Toilette

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Bogart (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 1975. The scent is green-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange
JuniperJuniper
Base Notes Base NotesCloveClove
Tree mossTree moss
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.11.2021.

CxScents
The perfect way to smell mature and fresh!
Have you ever craved a barbershop scent that you don't have?

Well I did and I blind bought this beauty. I'm usually not a barbershop/fougere loving guy but this is different. The projection in the first hour is imense. I mean it's really strong for this type of scent DNA. It lasts for over 8h+ and doesn't stop projecting for like 3h.

If you want to smell like an mature man who freshly cut his hair or beard this one will leave you pleased!

Although I'm slightly younger I still enjoy the scent but wouldn't recommend it if you don't like a mossy scent on your skin!

Smellavision
Much better than I expected!
Seeing it was launched in 1975, I was looking forward to a bombardment of loud oakmoss and nutmeg with a pinch of cloves - and suddenly this leathery chypre/fougere (I cannot decide which?!) pops up and impresses. Agreed, Bogart pour homme (AKA Bogart Signature due to the handwriting on the box) could seem kinda dated and is probably not for guys under 30 years but the style of it also gives me a slight resemblance to Davidoff Zino which was first released more than ten years efter this, so somehow it must have been ahead of it's time. Being a Bogart fragrance (and especially from the seventies), I also expected it to go beastmode and fill the room within seconds - but it doesn't. It is noticeable indeed, and also lasts me a good six hours with no problems but either it has been reformulated since the seventies (most probably) or it has always been suitable for most occasions, as it seems restrained and never out of place.

It is deep and very masculine, no doubt but also dry and herbal. Leather, oakmoss, geranium and rosemary blend together and form a blanket of selfconfidence and gives you a feeling of "Here I am, like it or not". If the term "oldie but goodie" was ever fitting, this would be it.

In my head I imagine a bar in the late seventies, with lots of people laughing, smoking and drinking - Bogart Signature would fit perfectly in this setting!
Rosmarins` Baby....
... is as the Bildungsbürger knows not a prequel to the horror classic of the same name from the 70s by Roman Polanski (with the then little known Frank Sinatra muse Mia Farrow and John Cassavetes the founder and icon of the independent film) but a roast goose recipe by Horst "I wear a mustache" Lichter, and who should take an undeserved early retirement so that we don't get flatulence after "enjoying" his TV appearances...

Bogart Signature after endless "about it" circling and animated by the homage Camey`s bought for small money is prima - where "prima" does not really describe this famoso fragrance duly. The "soap-boost" described here can not really be recognized rather the fragrance starts without much detour with "a lot of" rosemary. Boom. For a more detailed description, please refer to the reports of the chief ornithologists here in the house... What then follows in the DryDown is the "newspaper smell" described here in a comment - which is however in no way negatively connoted... this smell of printer's ink in the herb context smells simply only famos and reminds something of the wonderful Van Cleef pour homme which warbles again a octave higher. Probably this 90ml bottle stood annually on Christmas Eve in a (lovingly draped by Lauren Bacall) mouth-blown nylon stocking in the house of the Bogarts under the Christmas tree (no tinsel) which Humphrey then at 20h alcohol-soaked and equipped with high-heeled shoes with trembling hands tried to free from the stocking ... (a little too much).
Finally, the question arises where actually the remaining 10ml remained? Clearly a rip-off. The famose fragrance makes this shrinkage but more than "make up"...
Spicy leathery herbal soap
I'm talking again not long around the bush: Bogart EdT (sometimes called Bogart Signature) smells for me like spicy herbal soap. Whereby one would have to speak, in order to do justice to the temporal course, actually rather of a soapy leather-herbal spice.

Interesting what there is supposed to be everything in the top note, because I personally smell after application for an hour first nothing but pure soap. And I mean now no citrus soap or the like, but just soap.

Interestingly, this dominant soap smell fades into the background after an hour and gives way to a leather-herb-spice cocktail, which I had never smelled so before.

Overall, a pretty interesting scent. One should wait after applying but an hour before you go among people, because this heavy soap smell at the opening acts on me a little intrusive.

Jacques Bogart Signature
A classic masculine fougere with a potent presence that says, "Hey, if you're not diggin' it then who asked you anyway?!" Dark leather, mildly bitter with a dry-drydown that doesn't disappoint.

There's a reason men have been pulling this steadfast rock out of their washroom cabinets for the past 40 years so wear with confidence.

4 stars
It has enchanted me :)
I made an account just to be able to give a review about this perfume. First of all, I'm a 21-year-old young woman who doesn't wear the perfume herself. I am neither a perfume professional, nor am I experienced in describing fragrances. I dare to write down my thoughts about this perfume anyway. My father often wore this perfume in my childhood, as a cellist he was often on the road and played concerts. I associate this perfume with the hurry my father was in before he left the house to be in time for the concert. Hastily he raced into the bathroom and sprayed himself two times three times. I stood ready in the hallway to kiss my father goodbye and wish him good luck. During the quick embrace this cloud caught me. This familiar cloud. I never liked it when grown-ups showered themselves with perfume. I did not understand how adults could spray themselves with something that smelled so disgusting. I assumed that's the way it was when you were an adult But this one was different. This cloud remained in my nose as one of the most pleasant, calming and wonderful scents of my life, which is still for me after more than ten years not to be surpassed. This fragrance has something magical, familiar and secure about it. Is it because I associate this fragrance with my father? Maybe. But he also had many other perfumes that he liked to wear, that simply didn't do it for me and I found them disgusting - just like all other adult fragrances. But this one was different. This dark green bottle, with the little golden b on the lid. But the design, which hasn't been modern for a long time now, accurately reflects the contents in an excellent way. That's exactly what a good perfume should be able to do. I try to express the fragrance with adjectives: Grace. The class and warmth of a fireplace. I bought him the second bottle ten years ago with my saved change (the previous one just wouldn't go empty :)) and it's been standing in my father's bathroom ever since. Unfortunately he doesn't use it that often anymore, maybe because his time as a respected concert cellist is over. How it is with getting older... Now and then, every few months, when I'm standing in the bathroom, I intuitively let my arms reach for the bottle, lift it up to my nose and that nose finally hears deep, slow breaths. A smile conjures up in my face and I feel as if everything is okay again in this small, short but sensational moment. Something is wrong with this scent, about which I could write another 1000 pages, but my head does not manage to describe this scent concretely. It simply does not work. He has enchanted me. It is simply a beautiful experience.

See for yourself, I can only recommend it!

Scent so oldschool even the current batches are 10 years old
once again scents from the 70's order garkein Bock :D.This Bogart I bought myself because I needed with my last order still 11 € order value so that the package for free shipped. and I heard already from numerous reviewers Bogart this Bogart that...but always newer perfumes like "Pour Homme" or "Silver Scent".when I saw this one here at Parfumo with the rating 8.2..of course ordered directly for 13€/90ml without hesitation.so fragrance arrives, is unpacked on the way home and applied.I bought Azzaro PH first, but the new reformulation in my eyes is more like a hermaphrodite from here and a warmth thanks to aniseed, which is untypical for such fragrances. Well, it was not what I was looking for, but it was a surprise.The Bogart Signature is a perfect match for my taste, in the first 2 minutes it smells soapy and scratchy like anything else, but it's a must if you want to be oldschool, after that the scent fades and remains quite linear: green, lots of herbs, oldschool hairdresser 70s smell, spicy, woody.The last point does not apply to me, but I still know such smells from my dad. I am very satisfied with the scent, the durability (6 hours loose) and the sillage.The scent is also classically masculine and brings me back to the 70's. So what's up, I'm going to apply 10-15 sprayers of it, put on some airy pants and a loud shirt, and go tear it up with a side parting and long sideburns or something like that :D.Out of curiosity I did a batchcode check and had to laugh when I found out that my bottle is from the end of 2010..so it's almost 10 years old...so it should have been tilted? but what's the point of paying attention to such little things if you put yourself into the perfume character.Supposedly you get 3ml of aftershave balm as a little present...to be honest I don't know where those 3ml went, because all I got was an empty tube :)). all in all a very amusing and at the same time pleasant experience with Bogart Signature.
Old school or what?
Bogart EdT Pour Homme is the most serious fragrance I've ever tried. Cool, objective and unique in its composition.

The perfume begins very briefly with a lemon blossom note, which quickly combines with rosemary and builds up a crunchy herbal structure not unusual for perfumes of the 70s.
After a short time the rose geranium makes it with some more spices and woods (mainly birch), which I cannot grasp exactly, to a typical light soapy leather chypre scent.
In dry-down, the wood aromas slowly fade out to be replaced by oakmoss, leather and musk.

I would like to describe the durability and projection of the current batch as above average. Vintage versions, as far as they are still available, are rumoured to deliver even richer moss and leather scent experiences.
Bogart EdT Pour Homme can be worn for any occasion except midsummer and is perfect for the office everyday life, as well as for leisure time.

Is Bogart EdT Pour Homme just something for the old schoolers among us? Do you have to be, as they say, Classic to use it ? I'm clearly saying no!
For me, Bogart EdT Pour Homme is a timeless, very masculine perfume, which has nothing to do with the current mainstream.
I finally found him!
First of all, I'd like to say a few words about Parfumo. Without this page I would probably never have found the perfume passion I now have. We have a class community, which in the age of anonymity on the Internet unfortunately becomes more and more an exception and no matter who has what taste, or what opinion he/she expresses about a fragrance, everyone treats everyone absolutely respectfully. Class!

Whenever I look around here, I find a new interesting fragrance, which I probably would never have heard of otherwise, like this one.
Cheap for 23€ on the Internet ordered, I did not know yet that I have finally found it...My fragrance!
Right after the first smell, I got an association with the scent... the palmolive shaving cream that my father has been using since I can remember and I totally associate this scent with him.
Admittedly, if you make a direct comparison, you will notice differences, but the basic tenor is the same: fresh green, very male, with a typical Barbershop note.
It's just perfect for me! What might still be interesting, I am 22, this fragrance is said to be intended for 40+. So far I had ONLY positive feedback. But what you should already have is a certain maturity or appearance, because this fragrance radiates a lot of masculinity.
Wearable both casually with blue jeans with lumberjack shirt, and formally with suit absolutely fitting.

Of the shelf life for a fresh fragrance very neatly compare approximately with Acqua di gio profumo.
Sillage also in the upper area. For example, last week my girlfriend said to me, although she left the house 45 minutes after me, the whole stairwell still smelled wonderfully of me and my perfume. Note that I had already applied about 5 sprayers about three quarters of an hour before I left the house, so hat off!
I can recommend "Bogart" to anyone who likes masculine fougere like scents like "Fougere Royal" or "Rive Gauche", or someone who has a penchant for freshness, light green or citrus scents with a woody/mossy base a la "Eau Sauvage" or "Polo"
I found the right one for me now. My signature scent !
Maybe the memory of my father drove me to it, I don't know.
I hope that one day when I have children, they will associate me with this smell and the same associations will come up with smelling about their father as they do with me, A rock in the surf that is always by my side and supports me at all ups and downs in my life Cause that's what scents are...
to evoke memories and emotions from a past time, which accompany you the whole life.
I love you, Papa
Camey5000
Family reunion with test.

Sacrifice me.

Yeah, his name's Bogart. Name, uncool. I remembered (grandma looks stalked) just in time that it was somehow a refugee. I don't know exactly.

And now I'm supposed to give an unbiased opinion here. Yeah, how? When I don't know all about it. I didn't even live there yet.

I'm getting pressure now. The old people sit in a circle and wait for my comments on their memories.

But I'm sure it'll go wrong.

Green bottle like Becks or Jever. That's OK.

Uncle Musa shines when I discover Muscat and Aunt Rose is enthusiastic about discovering rosemary on her thighs. Our Schorsch is invited from the Swabian Alb and is happy when I say the word juniper. (He probably thinks of his sheep. The short grazing of the juniper pastures becomes more and more difficult.)

Aunt Klärchen grabs her forehead. She is stunned when I read her the so rare lavender (this is her personal scent. Very personal!!!) and with clove everyone thinks back to all the past, harmonious family celebrations. When I mention a tree or moss, they decide together to buy a family tree in the Friedwald.

I didn't understand anything anymore.

Bogart, my scent for life.

RobbieXRobbieX 1 month ago
An old school classic. Spicy and fresh. Very well done.
LemonheadsLemonheads 7 months ago
Serious fougere with all the check in the right place,green,soapy,leathery and smoky,classic.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It is quite similar to PRPH and has a subtle sweetness. Fresh, natural and easy to wear. Very good value for money.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
If you like the good old Paco Rabanne Homme, but would prefer it more performant, stronger and darker then cheer up because you found it!

by Taurus1967
by Miaw2
by KC2503
by KC2503
by Couchlock
die vintageversion ist the real deal.

Popular Jacques Bogart

Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart Santana Bay by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Midnight by Jacques Bogart