Bogart 1975Eau de Toilette

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Bogart (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 1975. The scent is green-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Orange, Lemon blossom, Nutmeg, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Provençal lavender, Birch, Cedarwood, Russian leather, Juniper
Base Notes Base NotesClove, Tree moss, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.09.2020.

Scent so oldschool even the current batches are 10 years old
once again scents from the 70's order garkein Bock :D.This Bogart I bought myself because I needed with my last order still 11 € order value so that the package for free shipped. and I heard already from numerous reviewers Bogart this Bogart that...but always newer perfumes like "Pour Homme" or "Silver Scent".when I saw this one here at Parfumo with the rating 8.2..of course ordered directly for 13€/90ml without hesitation.so fragrance arrives, is unpacked on the way home and applied.I bought Azzaro PH first, but the new reformulation in my eyes is more like a hermaphrodite from here and a warmth thanks to aniseed, which is untypical for such fragrances. Well, it was not what I was looking for, but it was a surprise.The Bogart Signature is a perfect match for my taste, in the first 2 minutes it smells soapy and scratchy like anything else, but it's a must if you want to be oldschool, after that the scent fades and remains quite linear: green, lots of herbs, oldschool hairdresser 70s smell, spicy, woody.The last point does not apply to me, but I still know such smells from my dad. I am very satisfied with the scent, the durability (6 hours loose) and the sillage.The scent is also classically masculine and brings me back to the 70's. So what's up, I'm going to apply 10-15 sprayers of it, put on some airy pants and a loud shirt, and go tear it up with a side parting and long sideburns or something like that :D.Out of curiosity I did a batchcode check and had to laugh when I found out that my bottle is from the end of 2010..so it's almost 10 years old...so it should have been tilted? but what's the point of paying attention to such little things if you put yourself into the perfume character.Supposedly you get 3ml of aftershave balm as a little present...to be honest I don't know where those 3ml went, because all I got was an empty tube :)). all in all a very amusing and at the same time pleasant experience with Bogart Signature.
Old school or what?
Bogart EdT Pour Homme is the most serious fragrance I've ever tried. Cool, objective and unique in its composition.

The perfume begins very briefly with a lemon blossom note, which quickly combines with rosemary and builds up a crunchy herbal structure not unusual for perfumes of the 70s.
After a short time the rose geranium makes it with some more spices and woods (mainly birch), which I cannot grasp exactly, to a typical light soapy leather chypre scent.
In dry-down, the wood aromas slowly fade out to be replaced by oakmoss, leather and musk.

I would like to describe the durability and projection of the current batch as above average. Vintage versions, as far as they are still available, are rumoured to deliver even richer moss and leather scent experiences.
Bogart EdT Pour Homme can be worn for any occasion except midsummer and is perfect for the office everyday life, as well as for leisure time.

Is Bogart EdT Pour Homme just something for the old schoolers among us? Do you have to be, as they say, Classic to use it ? I'm clearly saying no!
For me, Bogart EdT Pour Homme is a timeless, very masculine perfume, which has nothing to do with the current mainstream.
I finally found him!
First of all, I'd like to say a few words about Parfumo. Without this page I would probably never have found the perfume passion I now have. We have a class community, which in the age of anonymity on the Internet unfortunately becomes more and more an exception and no matter who has what taste, or what opinion he/she expresses about a fragrance, everyone treats everyone absolutely respectfully. Class!

Whenever I look around here, I find a new interesting fragrance, which I probably would never have heard of otherwise, like this one.
Cheap for 23€ on the Internet ordered, I did not know yet that I have finally found it...My fragrance!
Right after the first smell, I got an association with the scent... the palmolive shaving cream that my father has been using since I can remember and I totally associate this scent with him.
Admittedly, if you make a direct comparison, you will notice differences, but the basic tenor is the same: fresh green, very male, with a typical Barbershop note.
It's just perfect for me! What might still be interesting, I am 22, this fragrance is said to be intended for 40+. So far I had ONLY positive feedback. But what you should already have is a certain maturity or appearance, because this fragrance radiates a lot of masculinity.
Wearable both casually with blue jeans with lumberjack shirt, and formally with suit absolutely fitting.

Of the shelf life for a fresh fragrance very neatly compare approximately with Acqua di gio profumo.
Sillage also in the upper area. For example, last week my girlfriend said to me, although she left the house 45 minutes after me, the whole stairwell still smelled wonderfully of me and my perfume. Note that I had already applied about 5 sprayers about three quarters of an hour before I left the house, so hat off!
I can recommend "Bogart" to anyone who likes masculine fougere like scents like "Fougere Royal" or "Rive Gauche", or someone who has a penchant for freshness, light green or citrus scents with a woody/mossy base a la "Eau Sauvage" or "Polo"
I found the right one for me now. My signature scent !
Maybe the memory of my father drove me to it, I don't know.
I hope that one day when I have children, they will associate me with this smell and the same associations will come up with smelling about their father as they do with me, A rock in the surf that is always by my side and supports me at all ups and downs in my life Cause that's what scents are...
to evoke memories and emotions from a past time, which accompany you the whole life.
I love you, Papa
Camey5000
Family reunion with test.

Sacrifice me.

Yeah, his name's Bogart. Name, uncool. I remembered (grandma looks stalked) just in time that it was somehow a refugee. I don't know exactly.

And now I'm supposed to give an unbiased opinion here. Yeah, how? When I don't know all about it. I didn't even live there yet.

I'm getting pressure now. The old people sit in a circle and wait for my comments on their memories.

But I'm sure it'll go wrong.

Green bottle like Becks or Jever. That's OK.

Uncle Musa shines when I discover Muscat and Aunt Rose is enthusiastic about discovering rosemary on her thighs. Our Schorsch is invited from the Swabian Alb and is happy when I say the word juniper. (He probably thinks of his sheep. The short grazing of the juniper pastures becomes more and more difficult.)

Aunt Klärchen grabs her forehead. She is stunned when I read her the so rare lavender (this is her personal scent. Very personal!!!) and with clove everyone thinks back to all the past, harmonious family celebrations. When I mention a tree or moss, they decide together to buy a family tree in the Friedwald.

I didn't understand anything anymore.

Bogart, my scent for life.
i was in the early '90s
always in a pub, where always a man about 40, with an overacademized face (+ brush cut, nickel glasses) sat there completely calmly and inconspicuously and drank dark beer. This man always smelled like a page of printed newspaper to me back then. It didn't trigger anything at all in me and it was almost as if this whole physiognomy itself smelled or could only smell like this.
I forgot he moved away and about 3 years ago I bought myself JB Signature blind. It always reminded me of a classic of the film Noir because of the comments, I thought: Blast of Silence. I always had the main protagonist, the killer Frankie Bono, who got cold feet, in mind in the imagination of this fragrance. He came to me in association with the fragrance, not only because of the Skyscraper flacon. Just as Faberge Brut always makes me think of Walter Matthau, the devil knows why ..
Signature begins soapy green and very pleasant, high quality and natural, the birch tar then comes through and everything is straightforward without fisematents, so far as good, I like that. After 1h, however, in fact only absolute objectivity is stated, not unpleasant, but as said factual and point. I didn't care any more about that scent. About 1 year ago a buddy was visiting me and we wanted to do a pub tour again - he went briefly to the bathroom to freshen up and came again and I noticed that he had used my EDT. It was JBS and it was the first time I noticed how good that scent was on him. Green, fresh, unpretentious, straightforward and very clean. We went off, after about 1 hour I came back from the toilet in the bar to him at the counter and there he was after about 25 years all at once again, or I had him figuratively in front of me; the man around 40 with the over-academized face, who smelled like nothing but a big piece of newspaper
2.5

Classic
Bogart is a classic fragrance for mature men certainly.

This is a very cheap fragrance that deserves much more credit than it has. I learned that the rule "you get what you pay" may have some exceptions, like this Bogart fragrance.

Reminds me of Polo, Tsar, Azzaro, Quorum, Paco and others classified as "old school".

Opens with a blast of lemon with some herbs. After the initial notes there's a nice and loud spicy note, which is probably clove.

In the drydown there's a smoky/woody base with a great leather note.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are high.

Good for men
Good Projection. Good Longevity. Its kind of old & modern. You can try this in outdoor. It can give compliments. Caution: Do Not Over Apply

KimJongKimJong 64 days ago
It is quite similar to PRPH and has a subtle sweetness. Fresh, natural and easy to wear. Very good value for money.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 8 months ago
If you like the good old Paco Rabanne Homme, but would prefer it more performant, stronger and darker then cheer up because you found it!

..... mit Keule
by Miaw2
by KC2503
by KC2503
by Couchlock
die vintageversion ist the real deal.

Popular Jacques Bogart

One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Midnight by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart