Bogart pour Homme 2004Eau de Toilette

Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart
Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Waterlily
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesSpices, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.09.2020.

Horny misjudged elegance
By now I know this drydown process inside out: first this somewhat artificial but nice cherry of one of those cheap little children's cherry lollies (who says "artificiality" is negative?!) - but then the small but nice conversion hammer blinks through: the cherry artificial disappears within ten minutes, cherry pipe tobacco comes through, a certain seriousness. Holla, now the interesting part of Bogarts Homme begins. Interlocutory statement: I actually like to steer clear of all these "Homme" fragrances, because they are designed to be inconspicuous, to be what many men imagine men's fragrances to be. Consensus and all. And yet there are always those that stand out. The Bogart Homme is one such. But only because the people behind Bogart often have the balls to want to be different with their (also Ted Lapidus) fragrances. It's the woolly Bogart quirkiness that I like immensely. And lo and behold: Homme is a candidate like that, only more serious, but much less Dior Sauvage consensus. Okay back, the cherry on the cake, after what feels like thirty minutes an unmistakable and strange earthiness emerges - a bit like freshly mixed mortar. Stony, dry, grey, and great on the skin. Of course, typically Bogart-like, sticking to the skin for a very long time.
I have really come to appreciate this fragrance, wearing it daily for a week, from rather naja to great! And today I think it is one of Bogart's top three fragrances. The price is a joke. What the hell?!

The music to the fragrance: "harvester of sorrow" by Metallica [1988]

Rquill67
Blind buy, but worth it!
Prior to purchasing Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (JBPH) I read a ton of mixed reviews. 18 months later I finally purchased a bottle to try for myself (I was trepidatious). I'm happy to report this blind-buy is a winner and works well on my skin - success! It's sweet, woody, almost floral but doesn't commit. Does smell to me a bit like a cherry or Dr. Pepper soda with tobacco (although there is no tobacco listed as a note). I like this fragrance profile and for the price point you can't go wrong. I've purchased other fragrances like Franck Olivier's Red (which compares to JBPH), as well as Aigner's Man 2 (another comparison and the same scent profile); at a higher price point. I suggest picking this one up and adding to your collection. 9 / 10 for me! I would purchase again.
Flutsch flustsch
So I must say that this water reminds me of something that one or the other possibly knows ... well ... For me it smells 1:1 like the well-known lubricant Flutschi, I think the stuff what it brings to smell is called Ambra ... somehow funny but not disgusting . I think the smell is portable but not if you know what still smells afterwards ;-) That's why the stuff's out for me.

Highly recommended!
This is the second Bogart I own after Bogart OMS Gold Edition. I received it yesterday early morning and I made my first impression about it. It has a strong opening, where I found ressemblance with Joop! Homme. Both share at beginning a cherry-tonka smoky-like dominant (sour cherries for Bogart, sweet ones for Joop). No tobacco at all for me. Next phase: the smokiness diminishes and a lot of patchoulli appears. But the late drydown is different: the sour cherry-tobacco accord do appears in the drydown and it's there until the dissappearing of the perfume, which is very late. Awesome smell! So, I don't agree the so-called linearity of the perfume, as some people say. They may be misled by the omnipresence of the sour cherries note. It has at least two phases, at least for me.
Performances are remarcable: very good longevity (at least 10 hours on the skin), very strong projection in the first 2 hours, then slowly and progressively it diminished. Can be smelled on the skin after 10 hours without problem.
After Bogart OMS Gold Edition and Wajid Farah Enigma, it's the third strongest perfume I own. And the smell is awesome. Bravo, Bogart!

Carlitos01
The Lex recomended gangster scent - beware of this tonka bomb!
I paid attention to this fragrance after watching Lex Ellis - Fragrances with Lex - featuring one video with "Fragrances for Gangsters" or a very similar name.
I finally bought it after having already in my closet another Bogart cologne - Silver Scent Intense (which I highly praise).
Now Bogart Pour Homme.... What an amazing fragrance. It is really an hidden gem! From the first spray you know you are scenting something very special. Vibes of respectful powerhouses arise: Givenchy's Gentleman intense, Boss Nº 1, TM Pure Havanne, Lapidus for man, ...
None of those are very similar to BPH, but they make you feel the same sensations. It's an association you make with bold, manly fragrances for men.
BPH t's an almost linear fragrance with a fresh opening of citrus and lavender, that dilutes itself in a strong cherry tobacco vibe, and dries down with very pleasant notes of tonka and patchouli.
Yes it is a bit synthetic... great! That's why you get such sharp scents and huge beastly longevity.
Use it everywhere but never with warm weather. This is a fragrance for cold weather and hot feelings.
Well above average longevity (12~14 hours), sillage (6 feet+) and projection (3~4 hours).

Ratings for Bogart pour Homme:
Quality:...........................8.0
Presentation:.................7.0
Price:.............................10.0
Average:........................8.59 / 10,00

After Bogart Pour Homme, I bought almost every Bogart fragrances available. I also bought a backup bottle... we never know what may happen :-)

Drseid
A Modern Day Powerhouse...
Pow-pow-POWERFUL strength and longevity with Bogart pour Homme. I am getting 15 hours and still counting with just one spray (and that is even post shower). This has got to be the longest duration, sillage and potency I have gotten from any scent to date. Oh yeah, the scent's smell? The mentions elsewhere of pipe tobacco are spot-on. The cherry component is more subtle, but also there. As I am a sucker for cherry pipe tobacco it should come as no surprise that I really like BpH. I also get the passing similarities to Burberry London (another scent that I enjoy) but find the two quite different on the whole. BpH is more potent, more linear and synthetic in its nature, and I find it more of a pure tobacco scent than London. While I would enjoy this 4 out of 5 star scent at any price, it should be noted that it can easily be acquired for well under $20 delivered online for a 100ml bottle, making it an outstanding value!

The Best
Projection : Extremely very Good. Just 2 sprays in cloths enough to do the magic. Best to attract the people attention. You will be definitely noticed in the crowed. Its Sweet Smokey fruity.... Go for it by testing. I Love It. Dam worth for the price...

AspvlAspvl 59 days ago
Alluring and warm, the cherry vibe is there and it's synthetic, but it's extremely well done.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 7 months ago
Sweet, creamy, almost cherry-tobacco vibe. Has some florals too and it's super persistent. Great fragrance for a low price.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 10 months ago
Very cherry tobacco scent....strong yes...beasty no....decent though
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
It has a citrus & lavender fresh start, that dilutes itself in a strong cherry tobacco vibe. It dries down with alluring tonka & patchouli.

by DuftKoloss
by Mortokai
by Gumschel
by Gumschel

Popular Jacques Bogart

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Midnight by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart