Bogart pour Homme 2004 Eau de Toilette

Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart
Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 2004. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LavenderLavender Water lilyWater lily
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesSpicesSpices PatchouliPatchouli Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.05.2022.

Incredible Italian Sour Cherries in Syrup
Ouch! How come I have not yet reviewed, or even commented on, this gem? Bogart pour Homme has been part of my arsenal since April 2018, and I only now realize that I haven't spent a few words to tell so much beauty. Bogart Pour Homme is a bargain, powerhouse scent from the well-respected yet under-appreciated house of Jacques Bogart. The fragrance is genuinely in my strings, albeit I rarely like too sweet scents. Here the tonka goes down heavy, but behind an overwhelming tobacco sweetness, there is something stylish, vaguely mysterious, and a little retro that makes me appreciate it and not a little.

It is a magnificent example where a balanced blend of a handful of notes creates an entirely new and unified olfactory impression. A cherry tobacco note dominates in this perfume and to my olfactory sense. Still, in the pyramidal notes, there is neither cherry nor tobacco. Just to give you a hint, Bogart pour Homme uncannily likens Le Mâle Eau de Toilette and A*Men Pure Havane. There are plenty of barbershop vibes in common. To some extent, the cologne also shares some nuances with TL pour Lui Eau de Toilette, which doesn't surprise me at all. In fact, behind the two fragrances, there are the same expert hands of the master perfumers, Maurice Roucel and Norbert Bijaoui.

Bogart pour Homme belongs to the aromatic, fougére, and oriental families. It unfolds fresh, vibrant, with tiny citrus bergamot that shares the stage with a couple of blossoms, an outstanding lavender, proudly blue, herbal, hay-like, and slightly balsamic and laundry, and a more humble water lily. The blend is kindly savory, as if aromatic leaves were present in the concoction. The blast of opening fills the room pleasantly, with an aura akin to dried fruits.

But the floral slant does not end with the rising phase. The heart releases a bouquet full of wild lily-of-the-valley; its poisoning bitterness is unmistakable. A smidgen of orange blossom balances the bitter harmony with honeyed facets. And, buried amid the petals, there is a tender rose, which adds smoothness and powderiness to the central stage. Despite there being a floral undertone, there is nothing prominent or tender.

As it settles in, it gets more powdery, and the coumarin base becomes more prominent. The final accords for this cologne are musky, spicy, and smoky. Don't let the patchouli scare you. It is modern, super clean, and subdued with a powdery, sweet, and lovely trail. The sweet, unburnt cherry tobacco pipe puffing away over manly coumarin vanilla-tonka combo and dry cedarwood are more substantial. The notes of cherry and tobacco are distinct, even if the initial impression is that they are amalgamated. The cherry shrinks a little, and the tobacco and spice come forward. Wait a moment, are we talking about a designer fragrance? Yes, we're. Though, throughout its lifetime, the scent seems to be a niche one.

The sillage of this scent is incredible, at least for the batch I own. And as for its lasting power, well, try to get rid of it, and you will see. It may be a good choice if you have a long day or night of plans. Bogart pour Homme is not for the faint of heart; it's loud and maybe too much for some people. But for those who can handle it, Bogart is a glorious scent. A strong opening calms down to a pleasant cherry note that lasts throughout the wearing and feels rich without being too sweet. I love this because I don't find it exceedingly sappy like some other modern colognes, thankfully. Instead, Bogart Pour Homme smells exceptionally aromatic, and I even detect some nice green mossy notes in this. Some have commented that it is relatively linear, and I would agree. Still, it makes up for it with excellent longevity and seriously massive projection. It's sweet, no question about it, but not cloying, and it has a hard edge somewhere in it. It's creamy but not lush and foody. I love it, it's a beautiful scent, and it's very inexpensive, with a masculine slant, though non-offensive, and not overly masculine. This fragrance has excellent performance and is a distinctive scent for the cold weather. My favorite season is fall. If you like cherry vanilla tobacco scents, you will enjoy this!

I base the review on a 100ml bottle I have owned since April 2018.

-Elysium

Manly
Bogart Pour Homme is an unmistakable and unique aroma, with a somewhat disconcerting personality, even if supposedly dated and unfairly accessible (could cost three times more easily) it falls into the category of underrated great proposals. If it were from another House, it had another bottle and another image, for sure that this one would be among the great fragrances, recognized and valued as such.

Its advantage is that it still exists at ridiculous prices for its enormous quality. The interest that causes the pleasure that it gives us when using it, Jacques Bogart Pour Homme marks the regret of many of us who do not know or are unwilling to enjoy it.

In terms of aroma, it has a very aggressive output, but after 20 minutes, it softens and is wonderful. It has a beautiful luscious mint, bitter orange and the uncontrollable heat it gives off. This was once an irresistible and truly aphrodisiac element for the younger opposite sex, a characteristic often highlighted in analyses.

I consider it a combination of highly praised perfumes: Montblanc Individual, Armani Code and A*Men Pure Havane. However, in my humble opinion, the Bogart Pour homme is far superior and it has an excellent fixation and projects a lot.

Inexpensive winter fragrance
I want to be clear here. I don't care for this brand. Everything I smelled from this brand is cheap smelling, irrelevant or intrusive. But this has something that grabs my attention. A good lavender and tonka combo, an excellent price point and good performance.

Maurice Roucel is a master perfumer. And he created some great high quality fragrances, i.e. Musc Ravageur. But is also very good working with a low budget.

Nautica Voyage is probably the best inexpensive fragrance out there. You can buy a 100ml bottle for 16€. It's super cheap and the smell is not that cheap but rather unique and cool green apple-floral-woody concoction.

This Bogart pour homme is a bit synthetic, yes it is, but the overall experience is quite good and super masculine. Starts fresh but sweet. The cherry tonka accord is present since the beginning. The lavender turns it more masculine and almost fougère leaning. That's the cool thing here. That's not like the cherry vibe you'll get from L'Homme ideal EDP. That one is more unisex and almondy. This is fougère like.

Roucel is well known for is use of lavender in many of his creations, and this is not an exception. The good thing here is that is not an harsh lavender like in Lancôme Hypnôse Homme by Roucel also. Although a bit synthetic sweet, the lavender prevents to turn into another sweet gourmand or cheap smelling crap. Makes it masculine, appealing and really good for cold situations, specially outdoors.

It's not a masterpiece or a must buy, but it's a good inexpensive winter fragrance that everyone can buy and wear in outdoor activities not breaking your buck and still having something quite nice and masculine.

The sprayer is a beast and sprays like 1ml of juice. It's ridiculous. I recommend you to not spray too close to your skin otherwise you'll have juice running through you skin.

The performance is great. Projects pretty strong in the first hour or so, and lasts a good 8h easily. The price is ridiculously cheap. I found a bottle of 100ml for less than 20€...

Again, not a must buy but definitely a good inexpensive fragrance created by a master perfumer and with good performance.

3/5
Cheap and good
A cheap blind buy, which I do not regret.
Lavender, cherry and tonka is to be recognized here- although synthetic but that was clear
Projects quite well and from the durability really above average.
Even after 9 hours I could still recognize the on my skin.
Can you use well as an everyday fragrance.
From the price-performance ratio a clear 10/10.
100ml there for 15€, who says no to that.

Landshark321
Excellent bargain sultry sweet/powdery men's offering, now semi-classic
First full wearing of the successful blind buy Jacques Bogart – Bogart Pour Homme, a now-cheapie with a great reputation, a 2004 release from this same house known for such releases as Bogart (1975), One Man Show (1980), and Witness (1992), and now sort of a classic in its own right. It smells of cherried tobacco with musky undertones, quite sweet but still a bit sharp, though its notes do not include cherry or tobacco, the effect instead being created by lavender, tonka, patchouli, oakmoss, citruses, florals (including rose), and musk. The effect is the same, though: a semi-powdery, semi-sweet, herbal blend that’s quite easily enjoyable, a nod to classics (with lavender and oakmoss) but also to the sweeter mainstream men’s fragrances that would follow for years until the present.

It certainly seems like Calvin Klein’s 2011 release CK One Shock, which does include tobacco in its note listing, was at least partly inspired by, or simply nonetheless ended up smelling very similar to, Bogart Pour Homme, as both have a strong cherry tobacco commonality. Bogart is stronger, denser, and more mature-smelling than Shock, which is a bit muskier and more fleeting, more candied, more whimsical.

Bogart Pour Homme seems to be a bit of staple, sold at CVS and Walmart, but available at an uncanny $22 (for 100ml) on FragranceNet (and about the same via FragranceBuy.CA), roughly the same as a 200ml bottle of CK One Shock.

Overall, to me, it’s an easy winner, very useful, a versatile cold weather mostly-masculine offering that’s a bargain and a great performer.

8 out of 10
Horny misjudged elegance
By now I know this drydown process inside out: first this somewhat artificial but nice cherry of one of those cheap little children's cherry lollies (who says "artificiality" is negative?!) - but then the small but nice conversion hammer blinks through: the cherry artificial disappears within ten minutes, cherry pipe tobacco comes through, a certain seriousness. Holla, now the interesting part of Bogarts Homme begins. Interlocutory statement: I actually like to steer clear of all these "Homme" fragrances, because they are designed to be inconspicuous, to be what many men imagine men's fragrances to be. Consensus and all. And yet there are always those that stand out. The Bogart Homme is one such. But only because the people behind Bogart often have the balls to want to be different with their (also Ted Lapidus) fragrances. It's the woolly Bogart quirkiness that I like immensely. And lo and behold: Homme is a candidate like that, only more serious, but much less Dior Sauvage consensus. Okay back, the cherry on the cake, after what feels like thirty minutes an unmistakable and strange earthiness emerges - a bit like freshly mixed mortar. Stony, dry, grey, and great on the skin. Of course, typically Bogart-like, sticking to the skin for a very long time.
I have really come to appreciate this fragrance, wearing it daily for a week, from rather naja to great! And today I think it is one of Bogart's top three fragrances. The price is a joke. What the hell?!

The music to the fragrance: "harvester of sorrow" by Metallica [1988]

Rquill67
Blind buy, but worth it!
Prior to purchasing Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (JBPH) I read a ton of mixed reviews. 18 months later I finally purchased a bottle to try for myself (I was trepidatious). I'm happy to report this blind-buy is a winner and works well on my skin - success! It's sweet, woody, almost floral but doesn't commit. Does smell to me a bit like a cherry or Dr. Pepper soda with tobacco (although there is no tobacco listed as a note). I like this fragrance profile and for the price point you can't go wrong. I've purchased other fragrances like Franck Olivier's Red (which compares to JBPH), as well as Aigner's Man 2 (another comparison and the same scent profile); at a higher price point. I suggest picking this one up and adding to your collection. 9 / 10 for me! I would purchase again.
Flutsch flustsch
So I must say that this water reminds me of something that one or the other possibly knows ... well ... For me it smells 1:1 like the well-known lubricant Flutschi, I think the stuff what it brings to smell is called Ambra ... somehow funny but not disgusting . I think the smell is portable but not if you know what still smells afterwards ;-) That's why the stuff's out for me.

Highly recommended!
This is the second Bogart I own after Bogart OMS Gold Edition. I received it yesterday early morning and I made my first impression about it. It has a strong opening, where I found ressemblance with Joop! Homme. Both share at beginning a cherry-tonka smoky-like dominant (sour cherries for Bogart, sweet ones for Joop). No tobacco at all for me. Next phase: the smokiness diminishes and a lot of patchoulli appears. But the late drydown is different: the sour cherry-tobacco accord do appears in the drydown and it's there until the dissappearing of the perfume, which is very late. Awesome smell! So, I don't agree the so-called linearity of the perfume, as some people say. They may be misled by the omnipresence of the sour cherries note. It has at least two phases, at least for me.
Performances are remarcable: very good longevity (at least 10 hours on the skin), very strong projection in the first 2 hours, then slowly and progressively it diminished. Can be smelled on the skin after 10 hours without problem.
After Bogart OMS Gold Edition and Wajid Farah Enigma, it's the third strongest perfume I own. And the smell is awesome. Bravo, Bogart!

Carlitos01
The gangster scent - beware of this lavender & tonka grenade!
I paid attention to this fragrance after watching Lex Ellis - Fragrances with Lex in You Tube - featuring one video called "Fragrances for Gangsters" or with a similar name. That happened some 5 years ago and I still love this perfume perfume nowadays. I remember to have bought it together with another Bogart cologne - Silver Scent Intense, which I still highly praise as well.

Now Bogart Pour Homme....
What an amazing fragrance. It is really an hidden gem! From the first spray you know you are scenting something very special. Vibes of respectful powerhouses arise: Caron's Pour Un Homme, Boss Nº 1, Aramis 900, Lapidus for man, ... None of those are similar to BPH, but they make you feel the same type of sensations. It's an association you make between bold, respectful, almost intimidating manly fragrances. At home, children adore it... even my dogs like it very much. The ladies of my life (four of them) never identify the fragrance but often praise about it. Probably they know that secretly I turn into a gangster whenI use it :-)
BPH is an almost linear fragrance with a fresh opening of average citrus and strong lavender. That dilutes itself in a strong cherry tobacco vibe, and dries down with very pleasant notes of tonka and patchouli. Somewhere along this evolution I devise a faint similarity with Versace Dreamer.
Yes it is a bit synthetic... I does not bother me at all! That's why you get such sharp scents and a huge performance.
You may use it everywhere but never with warm weather. This is a cold weather fragrance for a hot feelings user. Due to its classicism, I always tend to classify this perfume as a below average as compliment grabber. I could not be more wrong. Ladies do notice it and do like it.
Performance? Well above average longevity (12~14 hours), sillage (6 feet+) and projection (3~4 hours).

Ratings for Bogart pour Homme:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Scent opening:...........8.5 (Lavender lovers will enjoy this opening)
Scent drydown:..........9.0 (Earthy and sweet - classic and very pleasant)
Longevity:...................9.0 (3 sprays will give you more than 12 hours)
Sillage:.........................9.0 (6 feet radius sillage and with a huge projecton for 3.5 hours)
Versatility:...................6.5 (Very manly and very intense, limitting its versatility; It is acceptable for daily use, office, night out... but not really recomended for any of them. It's great for leisure! I don't mind to use it alone at home)
Usability:.....................8.0 (Ok for cold weathert, acceptable in Spring and Fall)
Uniqueness:................8.5 (It shares a vibe or two with oher perfumes but it is similar to none. I only identify a small similarity to Versace's Dreamer)
Compliments:.............8.5 (You may be sure to make yourself noticed and the people around you will enjoy your scent)
Quality:........................8.0 (Not a huge star, but good anyway)
Presentation:..............6.5 (The usual bottle of Bogart with a sprayer that is just acceptable)
Price:............................9.5 (€18 for 100 ml bottle at Notino, shipping included)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
Average:......................8.27 / 10,00
- between 7 and 8 = above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recommended;
- greater than 9 = do not miss;

Bogart Pour Homme has been my first Bogart. After this brand first purchase, I bought almost every Bogart fragrance available. I also bought a backup bottle for a couple of them... we never know what may happen :-)
Recommendation: This is a top choice in the budget alley. It is an elegant and masculine scent to use in cold weather, either during the day or at night. It may fit a ceremony, office use, casual daily use... but it only shine at home, in a family environment.
Blind buy? Yes, of course. It's a very commendable perfume and it sells for peanuts. Performance aficionados will love it.

Music: Andrea Bocelli - "Brucia La Terra"

StamatiosStamatios 2 months ago
Another winner from Bogart .Manly,elegant,well blended!Fresh,flowery,fine cherry tobacco accords. Great performer,very affordable price.VFM
ManCamManCam 2 months ago
The best cheap cherry tobacco sense for men. Like it very much. Long lasting, Fall & winter, two spray's maximum.
ElysiumElysium 5 months ago
Unfolds fresh, pursued by the sweet, unburnt cherry tobacco pipe and manly coumarin vanilla-tonka combo and dry cedarwood. It seems niche!
RobbieXRobbieX 8 months ago
Very masculine and potent. Woody, tobacco, cherry spices - gorgeous.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
Strong lavender-tonka bomb with florals in the heart (nothing crazy here). It's super persistent! Great fragrance for the price. Solid 3/5
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 years ago
This is very decent scent, very good price and performs really well. It had fresh citrus start , later some sweet tobacco, tonka joins in
AspvlAspvl 2 years ago
Alluring and warm, the cherry vibe is there and it's synthetic, but it's extremely well done.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 3 years ago
Very cherry tobacco scent....strong yes...beasty no....decent though
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
It has a citrus & lavender fresh start, that dilutes itself in a strong cherry tobacco vibe. It dries down with alluring tonka & patchouli.

by DuftKoloss
by Gumschel
by Martin660
by Martin660

Popular by Jacques Bogart

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Santana Bay by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Midnight by Jacques Bogart