One Man Show 1980 Eau de Toilette

One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart
One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 1980. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesJasmineJasmine
FrankincenseFrankincense
CascarillaCascarilla
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanumLabdanum
CistusCistus

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.10.2021.

Musgo
in the end, that's what it's all about...
about himself.
a one man show.
who wears perfume to please others?
one is on the search for "his" fragrance.
the others can go fuck themselves.
i don't care what people say.
if it's you too "different", then just do not smell me.
i know, not 100% what fascinates me so much about the "powerhouse, vintage, oldschool scents", but they pull me in. Just like this.
one man show.
masculine.
different.
fierce.
delimiting.
I don't give a F*CK
4.5

Hard to like
I think it's a mess. It smells unusual, chemically green with a candy chain undertone.

It's just not a pleasant scent to wear ánd smell. If I am very honest I cannot imagine a person who experiences this scent as '' nice ''.

If I hurt those hard fans, sorry.

Jacques Bogart One Man Show
"One Man Show" (Vintage spray / 85% vol) -

Jacques Bogart "One Man Show" already holds a strong position in the cheapie hall of fame so I will not belabor that point.

For reference, if you are a fan of "Bogart Signature (1975)", you will notice the clear progression One Man Show takes just 5 years later to ring in 1980 as the decade of powerhouse men's fragrances.

One Man Show follows the note pyramid to a tee, opening up with with a dry blast of Bergamot, Basil, and Galbanum...transitioning briefly to layer on Rose and Jasmine before closing with Sandalwood, Castoreum, and Cedar. The 85% vintage was never synthetic at all to my nose.

Overall, this one projects serious business. Dry, masculine and in charge at all times! If you are all about wearing frags that do not sit on the fence, One Man Show timelessly fits the bill 100%.

4 stars

Moscow 1992
Of course, I was also interested in his perfume. Not that I consciously noticed one about him when we met. There were completely different things in the foreground. The language, for example, which is completely foreign to me. Or his winning smile. But during my first visit to Moscow with him and his parents in the apartment, my eye fell very quickly on the small collection of perfume bottles that stood on the chest of drawers in the narrow hallway. There were three men's fragrances, but also some women's fragrances. And not a single product of it I knew.
When Lonja noticed that I was looking at the perfumes, he specifically picked out a bottle. "And - do you know him? That's my favorite. He's very popular with you in the West, isn't he?" I read the inscription "One Man Show." No, I hadn't encountered that scent before. I was slightly sceptical as to whether it was a "brand product" at all. "What are you looking at? Don't you know Jacques Bogart?"
"I know Humphrey Bogart, but who's Jacques?" "A famous designer," Lonja said. "Spray this on your face. You'll see, it's a fantastic fragrance. And expensive here."
The top note literally exploded before us: freshness, energy, spice. Very hands-on, loud. Very 80's, even though we were in the 90's.
The heart consisted of wood notes, classically male in connotation, not surprising, but extremely sympathetic, without fuss, without disturbing accessories. "Do you wear this a lot?" I wanted to know. "No, only on special occasions. I didn't take him to Germany. That's why you don't know him. My father also sprays himself with it sometimes and we only have one bottle to share."
How touching.
"And what are the other scents that stand here?" "Oh, these are Soviet products... i don't know if you like them...".
"Where do you get One Man Show?"
"If you're lucky, you can find him at a kiosk down in a metro station."
The next day, I was looking for him.
Yes, really, one of the kiosks offered me a bottle for the equivalent of eight DM. That was a fabulously low price for such an excellent men's fragrance. I struck immediately.
Finally Lonja had his own bottle of "One Man Show", because if there was a nomen omen here, I thought, then he definitely needed his personal "copy".

It should be the scent that has accompanied us through our relationship.
"One Man Show" is a perfume without frills. It is not intellectual and pseudo-intellectual, but relaxed and unstraining. "One Man Show" does not have to compete for recognition, but has a casual, natural authority. Man always feels really perfumed with it: whether at work or at the party. At any time of the day or night, "One Man Show" emphasizes the charming aspects of a male being, embodying grounding coupled with spontaneity and endurance.

In short, the scent suited you, Lonja.
You wore it to our wedding party at the Hotel Kosmos, where there was a bottle of vodka per capita for every guest. You smelled like One Man Show when our daughter started school in Vladimir. And you had that smell on you the last time I kissed you goodbye at Sheremetjevo II Airport in our life together.

Today "One Man Show" is reformulated.

We both know that the shows you liked a lot in your youth can be replaced by other spectacles and performances in the course of your life.
But in the time of our love, you were my only show. My wonderful, honest, generous, energetic, sunny Russian "One Man Show".
Spasibo tebje.

Unbelievable
OMG, is this a gorgeous perfume! Saw it online for practically nothing and bought it for hubby to try. It manages to have the notes I love in women's perfumes while being thoroughly male, thanks to galbanum, frankincense and the woods. Will add more details later as I study the drydown but, trust me. Buy it, guys. You'll never be sorry. It's the kind of fragrance that, in my younger days, would have riveted my attention long enough to find out who was wearing it.

Added 9/29 from sniff fest of hubby's collection:

Spellbinding! One Man Show is actually a textbook chypre and that profile emerges right away from the bergamot at top and labdanum/cistus base, but its one of those “good chypres” as Luca Turin calls them..”complex as a fragrance can be without losing the plot, and their principal qualities are richness and balance.” That’s One Man Show. Turin says the finest example is Chanel’s Pour Monsieur. [Geez, it isn't even a chypre per his own definition.] Not sure I’ve smelled that or that I need to. [Later: it's fabulous; bought a vintage bottle for hubby.] One Man Show reeks of well-managed indolic florals in the top, coupled with green basil, galbanum and rosewood. The heart thrums three fabulous other woods and resinous frankincense, nutmeg and cascarilla…looking it up…used in voodoo ceremonies to cleanse and ward off evil. It must simultaneously attract archangels, because this perfume is divine. Any man wearing this will surely be considered well-bred, well-read and worth getting to know ... [omitting research and discussion] ... One Man Show is absolutely a chypre and to my nose exceeds Pour Monsieur by a galaxy. Like all true chypres, it is heady and voluptuous (the labdanum).

Cold but not inhospitable
I bought this blind as it was inexpensive and I was intrigued by some of the reviews that I’ve read about it. So as a result I was eager to try for myself. OMS is a very 'cold', 'gray' and 'industrial' smelling fragrance with monster silage and impressive longevity. It's a scent which is not for the warmer weather as it'd be too heavy and oppressive. Instead it is best suited for the more cooler, overcast and rainy days of early spring or late autumn. All in all a very unique scent which powerhouse lovers should lap it up

Screech and thunder...
-"Officer Ripley, I am sorry to inform you that the aliens, while trashing our chambers, smashed all of your bottles of One Man Show..."

-"OK!I've had enough!"

-"I agree. Twelve of them IS enough!"

-"Twelve? What twelve? I thought they were about a hundred..."

-"A hundr... Now wait a sec... Of WHAT have you had enough? Bottles of One Man Show, right?"

-"Hell no! One can never have enough of it! Bring me my plasma rifle NOW! Oh my God, they're SOOO screwed!"

RobbieXRobbieX 3 months ago
A lovely "old school" mossy/soapy perfume. Classic
StamatiosStamatios 7 months ago
One of my TOP 10 VFM fragrance.Old school but classy,manly,green,woody with strong longevity and sillage in fair price.Recommended!!
StarA1StarA1 1 year ago
Legend and immortal icon
StolzmanStolzman 1 year ago
OMS is in my top 5 favourite oldschool fragrances.
Green, balsamic, manly!
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
it smells like cheap shaving cream & basil.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
It's hard to believe that Armani Eau Pour Homme and One Man Show have the same nose. Green, green & green with a ton of Incense. Great!
Syzygy73Syzygy73 4 years ago
This stuff is so manly that when I sprayed it on my female cat it immediately grew a dick.

Also DER
by Silverrain
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Jacques Bogart

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Santana Bay by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Story Blue by Jacques Bogart