One Man Show Gold Edition (2011)

One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart

One Man Show Gold Edition is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 2011. The scent is spicy-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Mandarin, Orange blossom, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Clove, Lavender, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Woody notes, Labdanum, Musk

Submitted by Inala, last update on 14.07.2019

2.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

three musketeers - the strong Porthos - One Man Show Gold Edition
Strong, mysterious and refined, so are all three of my "Bogarts", together or individually, just like the three musketeers Athos, Porthos and Aramis. Only the impetuous d'Artagnan is still missing.
One Man Show Gold Edition, a synonym for the strong Porthos, is a real hit right from the start. Somehow fruity and juicy in the beginning, I find it difficult to read single notes. This also applies to the rapidly increasing seasoning. Cinnamon and carnation, not to speak of anything else, I cannot differentiate. Also the strong fruit and spice aroma changes for me very quickly into a single, absolutely dominant aroma. I describe it as intense, bitter-spicy smoke from burnt wood, also some gum, not biting, rather with sweet-fruity hints, but compact and massive and absolutely omnipresent! A strong fragrance with a long shelf life and a wide aura. Because of that, of course, not everyone's cup of tea.
In my opinion the "Bogarts" are something like learning or time scents. It takes time to like them and get used to their opulent nature. I think they deserve this chance.
5.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10

Rainbow
This is a lonely hearts ad
I'm looking for a guy.

Someone who doesn't shyly spray on you Pfft Pfft harmlessly and inconspicuously and hides a lot of himself for the time being, but someone who immediately really plotts on you, who shows everything about himself. Then I knew right away what you were up against. I think that's good.

Someone who doesn't knock quietly and then just stands in front of the door for hours, but simply enters it with Karacho, storms in and throws a few boxes of fruit and spices into the corner. Then I knew he really wanted to come in and stay a while. I think that's good.

Someone who doesn't suck on his e-cigarette (liquid type cheesecake), but should have wood with him. Wood, I think that's really good.

Extra bonus points for someone who surprisingly has a large pot of honey with him. And then he wants to cuddle up all night. Because he's not really a macho man at all. I think that's really good.

There's no such thing here, you say?

It's not that important either.
This is also a very good one woman show. :-))))))
8.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Smell of GOLD!
As a lover of vintage and powerfull fragrances, I read absolutely all reviews about this beautiful scent, then I blind bought it. :) Bogart OMS Gold Edition is a modern perfume, but clearly inspired by classics. Some people say that Bogart OMS Gold is like a mixture of Kouros, Lapidus pour homme and Dali pour homme (?). In my oppinion, the opening of Bogart OMS Gold is very, very similar to current formulation of Puig Quorum (soapy like it), but nothing in comun with Kouros. Not at all. It can be compared with Kouros, but only by analogy of perceptions, not by similitude of smell.
The dry down has vague similarities with Lapidus, but only marginal and not so strong like Lapidus. Not so animalic like Kouros, nor so fresh like Quorum. It's rough, strong and persistent. Poisonous maybe (it reminds me the DDT). But I love it! It's not for all noses. Only for connaisseurs. :)
Exceptional longevity and projection. On my skin lasts more than 8-9 hours. 2-3 hours of projection, then progressively but slowly it calms and cuddle up at skin level. I would put it among the most sophisticated harsh perfumes for men.
A must have for people of category that I belong (as said above)! Loved and detestable in same time! Controversial, but adorable!

Addendum: I reviewed and completed my opinion above mentioned, it smells marginally similar to Kouros (animalic) on my clothes, but just after 3-4 hours after application. Anyway, I like more the smell of Bogart than Kouros's. Kouros is a little bit "salty" (in nauseous sense of the word) than Bogart OMS GE. It's by far the strongest perfume I own! A gem!

Dilute 50/50 before use!
(A general word of caution about my impressions of fragrances: I apply on clothes and not on skin.)

This is like those undiluted coolants that you need to mix 50/50 with water before putting in your car's radiator. Silage is enormous, and longevity is preposterous. This stays on clothes virtually forever. Having said that, it is quite possible to control this beast with careful application. And frankly, I would rather use a single-careful-spray-only fragrance than a gone-in-an-hour-after-20-sprays fragrance. Contemporary Bogart fragrances, (as well as the current offerings of a few other affordable men’s lines such as Lapidus,) are real anomalies in today's fragrance market when you consider the performance you get for the money you spent on them. This beauty here can be had for as little as $15 for a 100 ml bottle, and can last you years at couple sprays a day. This is the kind of performance you would only expect to get from an old-school powerhouse in its vintage formulation. I love Bogart for keeping the old-school powerhouse tradition and gusto alive. “Bogart, the house of powerhouse,” indeed!

Performance aside, this is not my favorite Bogart fragrance, although I like and quite enjoy it. This is quite a sweet fragrance. I would say it is fruity-sweet, rather than spicy-sweet or floral-sweet. To my nose, honey is a dominant theme in this fragrance, and I was surprised to see that it is not among the official notes. Actually, I get a distinct “honey smell” from this fragrance as opposed to just a “honey note” as you would find in several other fragrances that include honey as a note, such as Bijan and Alain Delon. But then again, Bogart is known for creating impressions of notes without actually using them in a fragrance, but instead through interaction of other notes. For example, consider the incense impression in Furyo without the use of incense as a note, or the tobacco impression in Bogart pour Homme (2004, not the 1975 original) without the use of tobacco. Beside the sweetness, this fragrance has the trademark “dirty+soapy” aspect you find in most Bogart fragrances, which gives it an extra old-school macho appeal. The “dirty+soapy” aspect becomes quite pronounced if you smell the fragrance up close after application. I believe what I call the “dirty+soapy” aspect is the "thin balance" between clean and dirty Rickbr talks about in his review below. I like that in a fragrance.
8.0/10

Rickbr
Wow, i don't know exactly what to think about it. It's odd but works mixing a kind of classic "macho-man" accord, something musky, ambery and dirty, with a fruity, modern, mainstream vibe. Since the first minutes on skin i get this tension between clean/nice/fruity and musky/ray/dirty, and the thin balance is what makes it work for me. It's quite intense, so i suspect that it's not a fragrance that you can easily wear at very warm temperatures. But i found it interesting at least.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Projection BomB
Very strong & monster Projection With beast Longevity more than 24 hours. Just 2 sprays start the strong magic. Caution: Do not over apply. HIGHLY CONCENTRATED.

Mihaiu 105 days ago
the opening is nuclear. Heavy-woody-sweet(honey) crushed camomille/ linden(lime) blossoms. for men/old women & special ocasion in rural area+1
9.0

by Vawallpa
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Jacques Bogart

One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Story Blue by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart