One Man Show Ruby Edition 2013

One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart
One Man Show Ruby Edition is a popular perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 2013. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
SaffronSaffron
Base Notes Base NotesOudOud
Red cedarRed cedar
HoneyHoney

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.09.2021.

A "Lost Cherry" of Bohemia
My latest insight: being able to understand perfumes I don't understand over ones I do. Sounds complicated? Well, it isn't.

Recent example: the rare Ruby Edition of Jacques Bogart's bourgeois One Man Show range. The red in the retro-flakon design of the late 70s I had procured a year and a half ago - as a blind purchase, which was suitably intended only to complete the One Man Show series, rather than the perfume itself will.

Then it gathered dust on the shelf after a few test sprays, with no use, no enthusiasm. To me, it was too squeaky, too fruity at the time, and thus didn't fit into any of my pigeonholes. There was no twist needed to appreciate anything. I kept it anyway because having five different one-man shows lined up with the color contrast of a test pattern looks pretty sublime. I never really gave him a chance, though.

The twist came when I was sent a sample of the rather acclaimed Lost Cherry by Tom Ford. So, there it was, arguably Tom Ford's funniest and most "unserious" fragrance. Hailed by a large part of the perfumos. But to me, it smelled unisex - too much unisex. The concept, however, I immediately understood: Cherry! Quite wearable, and increasingly elegant in the drydown. Can be done, is even for men courageous to original. Wear gladly - want to have but rather not, because I have one on the shelf with cherry, which is gathering dust: the Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart. Action remove dust began.

Keep in mind, the Ruby Edition came out a few years before the Lost Cherry (2018) and actually disappeared soundlessly into the valley of disregard - though it does pop up in waves every now and then. For no 20 euros, this fragrance is a blast - also stylistically as of the Bogart-typical projection.

First, it shows a lot of cherry lolly (these nasty little beasts of KÜFA from Dörentrup / Lipperland) and nuances of raspberries, an olfactory roller. At the beginning very noticeable and a touch too sweetish for me. But this settles with time: the cherry rounds off, remains distinct but less artificial. Nuances of red ripe apple come in (which I think is typical of many one-man shows). In the further drydown it becomes more masculine, edgier. Only later does the DNA of the One Man Shows shimmer out: typical male soap of the 70s, a stylistic device of that decade. With Ruby, however, very discreet and not superficial. A nice symbiosis of classic oldschooler and modern unisex cherry squeak. Crude mixture - you have to come up with it first!

If I compare it with Tom Ford's "Lost Cherry" on the forearm, it is striking how much they are brothers in spirit. Strikingly equal, and yet at home on different planets: here the likeable, flashy bohemian of Bogart, poor and cheap as church mouse - and there the Tom Ford's ludicrously overpriced status symbol with bling-bling appeal. Goes both ways. If you love one, check out the other - and you'll be surprised how much is possible for under 20 euros.

The music to the fragrance ---> "Rote Kirschen ess ich gern!" (nursery rhyme) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jevEH-o8CfU]

Oud, honey, smoke....
I'm impressed with Jacques Bogart fragrances, because you get different notes, accords and families of fragrances in one house for a great price. One Man Show Ruby is a good addition to the Bogart family, and is an interesting take on an Oud fragrance. Definitely smell the oud, honey, smoke, saffron and red cedar. I wish I smelled more smoke and honey. A bit linear, but really awesome despite the fact the fragrance doesn't change too much over time. This one stays around for a while on your skin - about 5 - 8 hours, and is best for fall and winter. For this price we know the Oud is synthetic, and for some reason the house of Bogart does a great job with synthetic oud; sometimes even better than some middle to niche tier fragrances (dare I say?). Pick this one up if you get a chance! This is a 9 / 10 for me as I really enjoy Oud based fragrances!

Red is a warm color
This is a truly unique and probably polarizing release; in fact, I had a love & hate relationship with JB OMS Ruby Edition... Until now.

I disliked it in cold & wet weather, because the synthetic aspect of this fragrance is strongly accentuated with the cold and damp.

BUT I really liked it on mild days.

Now I know it well and without a doubt it’s a unique fragrance, with character… And a clear place in my collection.

This juice is sweet, resinous, woody, incensy and slightly animalistic, with a bit medicinal & petroleum undertone.

The main players here are Honey, Oud, Incense and Cedar... With a medium body of saffron and labdanum, led by a synthetic fruity accord: An apple with hints of cherry.

- Longevity: +12h.
- Projection: Caution! It can be huge...
- Mood: Uplifting, vivid, manly, confident.

- Scenario & Ocassions: Casual, not for hot days. This fragrance has plenty of power to wear in winter, but I prefer it with mild temperature.

It can be for youngsters and seniors, but only guys with character.

Conclusion:

IMO, its unusual character already makes it totally worth having it, although that doesn't mean - at all - that it's an easy fragrance.

Just use it carefully.
Tom27
The animal in the fragrance
The One Man Show Ruby Edition had been in my possession for some time. It was a blind buy and when I sprayed it on for the first time I was really shocked by the incredible intensity of the fragrance. Ok, the manufacturer also warned with "High Concentrated" against a too intensive use - but that was already with a splash at the edge of the bodily injury. As in the case of the Oud Edition, the spray mechanism of the bottle, which effectively prevented economical use, made things even more difficult.
So be careful with that, I warned you !
From the smell, apart from the Sillage mowing everything down, I can only report good things. It all started with a strong cherryy oud combination and a hint of lavender and apple in the background, which held up well for 40 minutes until it slowly weakened a bit but never completely disappeared. Gradually frankincense and resin were added, which was still supported by saffron. This combination of fragrances remained for several hours until a very dominant honey-sweet drying began. Even on the next day One Man Show Ruby Edition was clearly noticed, even if only very closely. For this I give a 10+ in the disciplines Sillage and durability.
I find the scent itself to be very pleasant if you use it sparingly, but I take a little off because it is very synthetic.
The One Man Show Ruby Edition is, in my opinion, suitable for the autumn and winter months but by no means for the office.

RobbieXRobbieX 4 months ago
A gorgeous sweet, spicy and honey fruity juice. Longevity and silage through the roof. Fantastic value
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
For my nose, Ruby is the best of the OMS series. Simple, linear but mild good oriental sweetness. Works well even in summer.
Amazon1975Amazon1975 2 years ago
I don't get "beast mode" performance....I get a ok 6 hours. Honeyed spiced apple massively sweet .almost one million like. Spray is terrible
MihaiuMihaiu 2 years ago
very sweet but fresh, synthetic but pleasant & youthful. spicy-aromatic HONEY & SOUR CHERRIES

by Snaut
by Snaut
by Nasengourmet
by Nasengourmet
by KC2503
Knallrote, ungebändigte Gier nach Aufmerksamkeit.
by AromaTikka
by Mann
by Mann

Popular Jacques Bogart

Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart Santana Bay by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Emerald Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Midnight by Jacques Bogart