Silver Scent (2006) Eau de Toilette

Silver Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart

Silver Scent (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jacques Bogart for men and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Groupe Bogart.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Lavender, Cardamom, Coriander, Rosemary, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesLychee, Teakwood, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.04.2019

8.0 10.0 10.0 8.5/10

My dearest fragrance
For so long I've read and listened about Jacques Bogart and even if it's somehow ignored by the Youtube population it's praised (mostly) by the others on sites like this one. Well to be honest there are also some Youtubers that speak about Bogart, but it's still more underground in the community then well known fragrance house. I even like this fact, most of the community is talking about same mainstream fragrance houses and often running in circle. And here I am with a smile holding my black meteorite brick from Jacques Bogart not giving a f about top 5 fragrances in last 5 years or so. Problem is, to me they are not really accessible and I predict I am not the only one with a problem like that. Chances are you will be bind buying all of them unless you know some owner who will be kind enough to help you out before purchase.

Silver Scent is my first Jacques Bogart and it brought me many things, one of them is now I have a wish to own every possible Jacques Bogart on the market. Yes, all of them. Second thing is this is my strongest fragrance and I use it as a measuring unit for other fragrances. Third thing is I love it. People say you either love it or hate it. I love it. Smell I would describe like those American instant beverage powders, the grape flavor. It's simple as that. If you like the smell of this beverage, you will love Silver Scent. It's also very linear, don't expect some modern art in a bottle this is simply very sweet grape smelling nuclear radius fragrance. If you don't like long lasting beast mode fragrances stay away from this, other reasons are already mentioned like if you don't like sweet fragrances - this isn't for you. Since I am in unbiased mode I'll say you could think it's boring after a while or just too offensive to wear. I personally don't have any of the "problems" mentioned here.

It is very affordable fragrance with nice looking bottle. It's simple, but yet very well designed so it looks great wherever you place it.
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.5/10

Kind of awesome!
"Jacques bogart" is probably one of the most common
Name you get to hear when
you are looking for a fragrance with extraordinary performance.
For a long time I had the one or other smell of this house on my note, so it was time to get my first "Bogarts".
Silver scent reminds right at the beginning of a merger of Original Santal and Nikos Sculpture.
Fruity and flowery sweet is so peppered in your face from the very first moment that you can almost be glad that Douglas and Co don't have it in their assortment...to protect the employees of course,
because as much as I like this smell, having a customer every 10 minutes who pops this smell on the test tires is really too much of a good thing. And there is also the real problem of this fragrance. I get consistently positive feedback from my fellow human beings when I wear Silver scent, but after a certain time, the violent sillage gets on your nerves so much that more or less a certain nausea spreads. However, this is less due to the smell itself, even if it becomes very synthetic after a certain time, but rather to the persistent and persistent penetrance over hours.
Shelf life on clothing loose 4 days
on the skin 16std plus.

Silver Scent is for every lover of flowery or fruity-sweet men's perfumes
another enrichment of the collection.
Perfect for outdoor events or clubbing !
About 25€/100ml top!
Small tip: do not spray in the neck or head area, but rather on the trousers etc. apply. Thus one avoids the penetrating self-perception of the smell :)
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Elysium
A scent with many contrasts
As many reviewers have already noticed, Jacques Bogart Silver Scent has very astonishing similarities to Altamir by Ted Lapidus and Sculpture by Nikos. I reckon that it is not a pure coincidence, at least not with the former. The Bogart Group owns licenses for both Jacques Bogart and Ted Lapidus perfumes, so I wouldn't be surprised if JBSS and TLA shared the same vibe and aura. Besides, the three of them have nearly all the dominant main notes in common, such as orange blossom, tonka bean, lemon, and amber, plus some other notes eventually present in two of then and not in the other. Altamir and Silver Scent being for cold and dry winter's days, whereas Sculpture being for hot and wet summer's days. Anyway, that does not mean JBSS is either a copy or a clone of the other two... rather, it is an excellent perfume per se.

By the way, Silver Scent is a fragrance with many contrasts both fresh and warm, modern with a classical distinction. Its opening is surprising with the vibrancy of its citrus notes and the natural freshness of orange blossom. The lemon note is more like the aroma of the fresh juice, stinging and sour, rather than the zesty aroma from the peel, yet very good.

Let the citrus facet calm down a bit and a bitter aromatic spicy aroma starts spreading away. The wild green geranium and the dark lavender, together with the balsamic cardamom introduce the heart of this scent. This powerful mix fills your nose and reaches your mind, completely soothing your soul. it is dark, deep, mysterious. Silver Scent is my first JB scent, and I think I love it. This is the stage where the resemblance with TLA is more prominent.

As a final note, after several hours, an attractive accord of vetiver strengthened by teak wood blends into the intense sensuality of tonka beans. this stage is sweet and musky, truly masculine. Even though I know very well the smell of the lychee, my favorite Xmas fruit, I do not get any in there, rather a musky and mossy note is clearly recognizable.

I really enjoy this fragrance. Great longevity and sillage. I was wearing it on a working day, none of my colleagues got offended, and yet I got some whiff of it at evening on my way back home. Suitable for late fall and throughout winter, for people of middle 20 and above. An excellent value!

I am looking forward to buying some other JB fragrances!

Have a nice day,
Gianluca
6.0 10.0 9.0 7.0/10

Grape Bomb! In a good way
Both sweet and misterious, just remember not to spray more than 2-3 times, or you'll be in trouble.
Good for night, but can be used during the day, if it's not too hot, or people will smell you from far far away.
2.5 10.0 10.0 3.0/10

Nuclear
Sweet grapes. This is potent and strong. Also it has a great price.

But it has not worked for me.. in my skin turned to a sweet and fruity chemical smell that lingered for almost a day.

Sillage, lasting power and projection are dangerous.

Updated January 2014
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Strong Fruity Blast
Projection: Dam Fantastic. It stays long 10 hrs on my shirt. People will notice you. Only 2 spray enough , More means full strong. Good for Fruity Lovers only.

Elysium 19 months ago
So fruity and floral to be good for springtime, yet so woody and aromatic to be good for autumn time... Awesome scent for just few cents!+3
9.0

by Karli
by Mortokai
by Mortokai

Popular Jacques Bogart

One Man Show (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Bogart pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Furyo (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Ruby Edition by Jacques Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Deep by Jacques Bogart Witness (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Arabian Nights by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Intense by Jacques Bogart Citytower (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Bogart Story Green by Jacques Bogart Force Majeure by Jacques Bogart Silver Scent Pure by Jacques Bogart Story Blue by Jacques Bogart Riviera Nights by Jacques Bogart Club 75 by Jacques Bogart Eau Fresh by Jacques Bogart