Fath's Essentials - Curaçao Bay 2016

Fath's Essentials - Curaçao Bay by Jacques Fath
Fath's Essentials - Curaçao Bay is a perfume by Jacques Fath for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Panouge.

Top Notes Top NotesGreen notesGreen notes
BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
Woody notesWoody notes
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 08.11.2021.

Bay or not....?
This is probably the most realistic, tangerine-lemon-orange opening fragrance I have ever tried.
The tangerine note is the the most prominent at the opening, very smooth an natural, with the support note of lemon and orange.

As it dries down, the sea note, which is a salty-dusty-swimming pool like accord comes up, but the base notes at this point are already detectable, a blend of synthetic white musk, ambergris and woody notes.
Overall it is a nice fragrance, but if you are searching for a sea fragrance you will be disappointed, this is more an aquatic scent rather than a sea fragrance. On the top of it, it is synthetic, so you might not like it, especially for the retail price. Surely this is not a blind buy one. Sample it first.

It has moderate sillage and longevity. It quickly becomes a skin scent, maybe after 20-30 minutes.
Benedikt2019
Sun, beach, palm trees, party.
these are the images that that scent from the house of Fath evokes in me. Consequently, we are dealing with a real good mood scent, which could inspire me from the first smell. I have seldom tested a fragrance that succeeded in conveying this authentic "I'm on the beach in the Caribbean" feeling the way this one does. I must admit that I haven't been there myself, but this is exactly how I imagine a tropical paradise to be!

It smells - even if not listed here - quite strongly of coconut and other exotic fruits. The scent is quite creamy-milky, which may give the impression of sweetened coconut milk. But the sweetness is very discreet. I think ambergris and musk are responsible for this impression. Otherwise, it's hard to smell the individual ingredients, but it's worth noting that there are a few maritime notes, but this doesn't make the fragrance a real aquatic one. I would say, a light salt sea breeze can be smelled in the distance. So in my classification I would come to the conclusion that it is a fruity-sweet-creamy scent that can be worn unisex very well. I also often think of sunscreen when wearing it.

If I had to draw a picture of what I smell, I would paint myself, rubbed in suntan lotion and sitting under palm trees on the Caribbean beach. In my right hand an open coconut, which I slurp with pleasure. In the background is a beach bar - built of tropical wood - from which Caribbean music sounds. Cocktails are sipped and the good life is celebrated.

The whole summer dream lasts with me for a good 7-8 hours and is also good to experience in the surrounding area. Moreover, it works equally well for men and women. I also find it very advantageous on me, because it goes in a masculine direction due to the discreet wood chords.

Also the price/performance is really ok for a niche fragrance, 50ml cost 85 Euro for "For the love of fragrance", which I think is quite affordable considering the quality offered.

So if you are looking for an authentic summer good mood fragrance with Caribbean flair, you might find it here!
[By the way, I don't find him synthetic at all!]
Curaçao Bay - Topic hit
My latest achievement alongside Pacific Rock Moss from Goldfield & Banks. Full power for the summer, even if it doesn't really get through for many days at the moment, there will still be days where you can use it. I have been watching this Curaçao Bay for quite some time. I love Tropical fragrances with exotic notes like Virgin Island Water by Creed or First Instinct by A&F. These Tropical notes are simply a great alternative to these felt millions of citrus boredom. I also like to wear them, but I don't really like to wear them, but only a few people really beat me in this direction. I find aquatics and tropical much more exotic and exciting. Especially since you get a mix of both here.

I bought myself 50ml for about 80 Euro. A fair price for niche compared to other brands. Who often uses it or even wants to have it as a signature can also buy the 200ml bottle. This costs less than 200 euros. For me, however, this type of fragrance is rather unsuitable for daily use. You get this fragrance in a nice box and also the bottle is very respectable. The Fath's Essentials series has some scents and here you get a blue scent matching the theme. Curacao is a paradisiacal island with beautiful beaches and bays. Unfortunately utopically expensive, of course, to travel there.
A fragrance with the theme attracts me magically and I can say: theme met. This fragrance combines tropical fruit notes with salty aquatics and beautiful frangipani. The start is really very polarizing and also strong and very exotic. Single notes are hard to recognize, but it looks like a mixture of a coconut-like note, some fruits and frangipani. Very summery, exotic and simply a nice good mood summer mix. Also aquatics is to be perceived here, which comes after a 2-3 hours stronger to the Geltung. The maritime notes come with a lot of sea salt. Not everybody likes it, I love it as an aquatic fan. A very authentic aquatic summer feeling. This lies down gently and accompanies the wearer very pleasantly. After a few hours, it fades away softly, woody and salty. Very successful from start to finish. Simply makes mood on warm to hot days.
Performance is also quite good. Especially the first hours of very strong Sillage. Shelf life should be just over 6 hours.
For me almost exclusively a leisure day fragrance. For the office or something similar to Tropical. Perfect for the ice cream parlour or similar summer activities. The fragrance is also correctly classified with unisex. The first few hours take getting used to and are unique for the man, but especially the salty aquatics make him wearable. It would look good on the ladies, too.

To the final word I can say: A fragrance that will not please everyone, but will not sink into the masses. Anyone who sets great store by uniqueness could find what they're looking for here. I love him because he just spreads a good mood.

BarbalixBarbalix 9 months ago
The most realistic tangerine-orange opening. It tends to be a marine fragrance, however it is more and aquatic rather then a sea fragrance.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
5.5
Prominent frangipani and citrus next to ambergris and marine notes for a sweet, floral and feminine tropical vibe. A bit cloying.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Lemondrops, ocean and milky ambergris/musk. Some will likely really enjoy it, but it doesn’t work on me.

by DaveGahan101
by DaveGahan101
by Eleasar
by Eleasar

Popular Jacques Fath

Fath de Fath (1953) (Eau de Parfum) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Bel Ambre by Jacques Fath Irissime by Jacques Fath Green Water (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Pour l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Irissime Noir by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Green Water (2016) by Jacques Fath Green Water (1993) by Jacques Fath Ellipse (Parfum) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Velours Boisé by Jacques Fath Expression (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Lilas Exquis by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - L'Orée du Bois by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Tempête d'Automne by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Vers Le Sud by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Rosso Epicureo by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Le Loden by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Red Shoes by Jacques Fath Rose de Fath by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Les Frivolités by Jacques Fath