Fath's Essentials - Tempête d'Automne 2018

Fath's Essentials - Tempête d'Automne by Jacques Fath
Fath's Essentials - Tempête d'Automne is a perfume by Jacques Fath for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-floral. It is being marketed by Panouge. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
White blossomsWhite blossoms
LavenderLavender
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute
MilkMilk
MuskMusk
Leathery notesLeathery notes

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 14.11.2021.

A storm in fall
Tempête d’Automne means Storm fall in direct translation. As its name says, it is a fall/early spring fragrance, as most of the notes belongs to colder weather.

The perfume opens with orange-mandarin-bergamot mix with a hint of pink pepper, but they disappear quickly. After the drydown, the middle notes will play the song, and finally you will be able to see something new and good. At this point, cardamon and lavender will give you the searched depth and warmth, and so on the base notes, which are musk, leather, tonka and sandalwood. Milk note is listed also, but I am not able to detect it, only the synthetic sweet musk, which is totally the same one that was used in the other creatins.

It has good longevity and sillage, and it is a totally unisex fragrance. Finally an interesting one from the collection, not breathtaking but enjoyable. Enjoy.
4.5
Milky Way
"Tempete D'Automne" is a milky ylang-ylang yogurt, but it tends to lay long-long on me...

The "Fath's Essentials" still have some great fragrances up their sleeve that make me curious. E.g. the "Green Water", "Le Loden" or "Caracao Bay". Even this chewy milk slice can't change that. That I don't find "Tempete D'Automne" all that great, I still want to share with you. In principle, I have nothing against creamy milk bubis - but somehow this lactose-tolerant bouquet doesn't want to ignite with me. A half-baked, delicate autumn storm that doesn't even leave leaves and wind in my belly. It blows like a hair dryer on the verge of collapse. Spicy, warm, flowery. Interesting like a three-hour lecture on quantum mechanics for advanced students. Also quite synthetic and linear. Dull. Not cheap, but dull.

Flacon: good mix of minimalist and playful
Sillage: delicate to gossamer
Durability: 7 hours I would gauge over the nose

Conclusion: a milky bouquet between boredom and relaxation. Creamy and clearly too little. Edge and contourless
Stormy hairstyles
Hello folks, and have a good evening. I'm just gonna get right to the scent today without any detours. ... All right, not so fast now, but you must have been scared because you thought I wouldn't be able to get away for much longer, right? There's no pleasing you, either I talk too much or not at all, tssss... D

All right, today it's time for another Jacques Fath fragrance, the Tempête d'Automne from the Fath's Essentials fragrance series, which translates as "autumn storm". But before you sneeze and snort and think of blowing your nose and catching a cold (and by the way... I personally love autumn!! :DD), I should rather mention that autumn storm is not really a storm in autumn. Instead, "Herbststurm" here is the name of a short-hair hairstyle that Jacques Fath gave to one of his models (Bettina Graziani) to make her appear more "divine". ... hmm... I hope you don't all run to the hairdresser and get your hair cut extremely short to look divine as well... :D
Personally, I find longer hairstyles for women (or at least up to the shoulder) rather nicer, but okay, I also admit that for some of them a shorter hairstyle really suits them very well! Come on the guy, head shape and face... uh... Face on :D

All right, let's get to the scent now!

In addition to all the fragrances there is also a sweet component, but I do not know exactly where it comes from. A part of it is in any case due to the cinnamon, because the sweetness of the cinnamon can be smelled out best. The rest is certainly a mix of all the other "ingredients", which could produce sweet scents, including the slightly spicy-berry pink pepper.
A little later the spicy scents become a little stronger. I also smell the coriander better now, in addition I have the sultry flowery note of the Ylang-Ylang and I also have a scent in my nose that reminds me a little bit of anise. Also now you can see the tangy lavender very well, which I find beautiful.
Later again, even the milk comes through a little bit, which I like even less than the coriander note here, as milk often comes across to me like boiling milk, whose smell I find really disgusting to run away from. The milk, however, is quickly overshadowed by all the other scents, just like the coriander, so that the scent in the middle section does not smell as bad as I feared.
Towards the base, the fragrance is softer, the sultry ylang-note and also the slightly strenuous coriander note are clearly weaker or not so disturbing, the sweetish notes mix with the milk into a nice sweet-creamy note and remind a bit of pastry (although the milk note could still be a bit less intense) and with the tonka bean a little powdery is added. You can also smell musk, which also smells sweet and nice. All in all not necessarily my fragrance, but I think that many ladies might like it.

The silage and the durability:*
The sillage is strong and in the beginning even a little room filling. But from the heart note onwards, the fragrance loses a lot of its strength, so that it is still good to smell, but no longer over long distances. The shelf life of eight hours, maybe a little more, is quite good.

Otherwise, the fragrance is an autumn-wintery scent, which has an evening effect and could therefore be something to go out. The gentleness of the fragrance, especially in the late base, could comfort many of you ladies over the cold days, even if I would recommend more vanilla and more beautiful fragrances, as well as a blanket, a comfortable sofa and tea and cookies and so :D

Well, in any case, it is certainly worth a look (or a smell!) for you. And with that I am done again (now you can be happy to be rid of me :D) and I finish here now, in which I wish you all a nice evening, until then :)

Popular Jacques Fath

Fath de Fath (1953) (Eau de Parfum) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Bel Ambre by Jacques Fath Irissime by Jacques Fath Green Water (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Pour l'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Irissime Noir by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Green Water (2016) by Jacques Fath Green Water (1993) by Jacques Fath Ellipse (Parfum) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Velours Boisé by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Curaçao Bay by Jacques Fath Expression (Eau de Toilette) by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Lilas Exquis by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - L'Orée du Bois by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Vers Le Sud by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Rosso Epicureo by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Le Loden by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Red Shoes by Jacques Fath Rose de Fath by Jacques Fath Fath's Essentials - Les Frivolités by Jacques Fath