Classic (2002) Eau de Toilette

Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar
Bottle Design: Thierry de Baschmakoff

Classic (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jaguar for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Bergamot, Orange, Juniper berry, Basil, Star anise, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Lotus, Ginger
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, White musk, Benzoin

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.09.2019

6.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Heavensculpflight
The scent's good. A mixture of Heaven by Chopard, Sculpture by Nikos, and Nightflight by Joop. Typical '90s. The Heaven is one of my All Time Favorites and Nightflight also fits into this category I like Jaguar Classic very much. Whereby both are world class perfumes due to their special character. Jaguar Classic also has something of Nikos Sculpture with a slightly weaker inside, which is a good thing.
The fragrance is very linear, like most drugstore waters. Personally I like that, so I won't be unpleasantly surprised as with e.g. Baccarad Rouge 540.
In the beginning the bergamot makes it even fresher and heavier like Heaven. Thank God he doesn't have the penetrating pomposity of Sculpture, but he scratches it easily, which I don't like so much. He lacks the lightness of Nightflight and the uniqueness of Heaven through the tonka bean. He drifts down in the drydown towards Sculpture, which is a little bit too exhausting for me. It's the orange. Orange is something I don't like at all in men's perfumes. I liked to squeeze oranges fresh, but nowhere else. Orange tired overtax my olfactory nerves.
All in all, however, this is so far within the scope that I would apply the scent if my Heavendupe was exhausted and Nightflight is not available at the moment.
I can recommend the perfume to others. The synthetic doesn't bother me personally. Synthetics can smell very good, as Jaguar proves in this case. The price is good, the bottle would have been better if this plastic frame had been omitted. It's really cheap. If I bought it, I'd take the frame off and dispose of it.
Conclusion:
Fresh bergamot, discreet sandalwood, with a dash of musk, whereby the slightly bulging but in the end not too penetrating orange always flashes through a bit.

Elysium 18 months ago
This thing's been thoroughly trashed in a ton of reviews but I don't mind. I adore it. It's not very unique but what it does, it does well!+1
5.0
5.0
9.0

by Elysium
by Elysium

Popular Jaguar

Classic Gold by Jaguar Jaguar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Pace by Jaguar Classic Black by Jaguar Classic Red by Jaguar Excellence Intense by Jaguar Excellence by Jaguar Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar Prestige (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Vision by Jaguar Performance (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Ultimate Power by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Imperial by Jaguar Classic Chromite by Jaguar Vision II by Jaguar Classic Amber by Jaguar Vision III by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Evolution by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Gold in Black by Jaguar Essentially Jaguar by Jaguar