Classic Gold (2012)

Classic Gold by Jaguar

Classic Gold is a popular perfume by Jaguar for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom, Teakwood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.09.2019

7.0 9.0 6.0 9.0/10

Sweet
Classic Gold is sweet-fruity, has something of pineapple for me at the beginning, then becomes more vanilla.
Fragrance is perceived with 3-4 sprayers on an entire floor with a long corridor, very room-filling about 1-2 hours, with me then very close, unfortunately already ends after 4 hours, on clothing still quite easily noticeable after an 8.5-hour day. Very sweet and briefly killing the first 15 minutes, then it becomes very tasty and pleasant. After spraying on, it quickly brings some compliments, but as mentioned before, it is no longer noticed relatively quickly after a relatively short time. But that's my opinion.
Can be worn anywhere, no matter if work or leisure, appointment etc.
Flacon not the pop, but matching the name.
Lovers of sweet scents should really hit here.

5.0 8.0 8.0 5.5/10

Fulbright
Hot sugared Calvados at the Christmas market..
Clear and pure of smell, little complex, it radiates warm like the color gold and holds incredibly long for a drugstore fragrance. But the sweetness is so penetrating and unmanly that I would never wear it in everyday life, let alone to a Tinder Date with a premium cut. The fragrance is best suited for the very cold season. Optimal when you just come out of the cheap pump stand sweaty and drink a hot and over-sweetened Calvados quickly at sub-zero temperatures. If you diesel in with the stuff, you can also sell incense sticks with oriental sweet scents at the Christmas market. Even if the whole thing is not a bad smell for the price... It's not my thing
7.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Fruit mix with lemon
Either you like him totally or you mock him deeply. Very sweet and tasty fragrance. I love him. I love him. Who e.g. stands on one million will love the smell. But if you like darker scents like oud wood you won't be so enthusiastic.
3.0 8.0 9.0 4.0/10

Galahad
"Do not judge me by my Price! "
Acquired because of the numerous rave reviews in this forum on a grey and foggy January morning in the drugstore market, this impulse purchase turned out to be intolerable for me after several test runs.
The unbeatable price of 15€ per 100 millilitres is definitely an argument, the less the fragrance can convince me at this price. I generally don't dislike sweet scents for the man, the JPG Ultra Male I appreciate very much, especially in the cool season, because it has depth and a fragrance progression. For me, the absolute exclusion criterion for this fragrance was the blatant, all-trumping synthetic. Not a single one of the very homogeneous components looks authentic anyway.
So what do I smell ... First comes a very sticky sweetness of a light fruit, with apple I cannot associate this with the best will in the world. Most likely it reminds me of dry apricots "breaded" with cheap honey. The freshness of a lime or bergamot can only be guessed from the background. And then little happens in the process. The scent is sweet and it stays sweet. Pushy and sweet in a pungent way. Steaming woods and dark nuances, which according to the pyramid are supposed to be contained, can hardly be filtered out for me. Vanilla is the most prominent substance in the further course of the disease.
In the overall composition, the fragrance therefore doesn't seem complex to me, but that for many hours, because the shelf life is quite given. Not surprising with the synthetic bomb, either.
That's why I really have to label the fragrance with the attribute "cheap", because it seems neither noble nor balanced in composition. So it had to leave my shelf again.
But my subjective impression doesn't have to evoke with every similar perception, so I can only recommend to test the scent, it is in every drugstore. If he pleases anyone, "Do not judge me by my Price!" still applies
6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

A great off-road perfume
Jaguar Classic Gold is a sparkling and youthful perfume, economical and very compliant, to me, personally, I loved it, especially because it keeps a certain resemblance to my wildcard perfume of all time, Alfred Dunhill's Desire.

The output of this Classic Gold is a little more fruity than the Dunhill, and for that load of fruit, it seems to be a little more powerful, but it is only the output, then, it is a perfume that settles soon and, like The perfume of Dunhill, remains as a very pleasant and personal aura. Its aroma is almost linear, a beautiful apple sweet, fresh and acidulated by its citrus charge, on a background of vanilla subtly woody with slight floral nuances. A beautiful oriental off-road, to use on demand in any occasion or situation, without weighing the pocket.

In some places they say that the performance of the perfume is greater than that of the Dunhill perfume, but for me, which I have been using the Dunhill perfume for more than 18 years, it is not like that. At the beginning it gives the impression of being more powerful, because it has a lot of fruit at the exit and it seems very intense, but in a few minutes it settles and remains moderately, and like its olfactory brother, it lasts approximately 6 days hours, with an equally moderate wake, which is not bad if we look at its ridiculous price.

Classic Gold is an off-road perfume, for me, it has neither time nor time of use, it is one of those perfumes that can get you out of a hurry when you do not know what to wear, because they feel good at any time, in any situation and in any the seasons.

Economic and highly recommended perfume, which, from today, will share my wild-card throne with the work of Dunhill.

Sorry for my bad english.
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

pudelbonzo
Love marriage or marriage of convenience?
The forest is getting denser as far as combustion engines are concerned, so I started looking for an acceptable E car that wouldn't leave you standing somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Many telephone calls with various car dealerships and complicated appointment arrangements.
An Asian brand even demanded a full fee for a test drive.
No, I'm good.

Especially since I couldn't get rid of the feeling that you are not taken too seriously as a customer.

But the Jaguar brand stood out from the crowd by gallantly placing the cat right in front of my door.
That's what I call service.

And also the car is "outstanding" and driving is a blessing.
Two electric motors carry you away like a sedan - and you feel as secure as in a duvet.

So we had to put a jaguar scent in the house.
I am surprised at the civil price of this precious golden fragrance, because the seductive cars are not very reserved in this respect.
Nevertheless, the soft gold fits into the exclusive brand image.
A fresh, fruity start makes you feel friendly - and elegant jasmine is added gently.
The noble teak wood is warmed by the orange blossom - and the sweet vanilla gives security.
Patchoulie appears soft and lends the "classic touch".

I prefer Classic Gold to unisex, because the fragrance also suits me well - just like the convincing i pace.

I would love to marry a cat - but maybe it will be a marriage of convenience with another brand.
3.0 8.0 8.0 7.0/10

RiverRun83
Jaguar... or Dunhill Desire, intense?
Since there are already many comments on the fragrance here, I would like to deal essentially briefly with the topic of fragrance twin. The two twins mentioned here (Nikos Sculpture and Dunhill Desire for a Man) come from the same perfumer (Michel Almairac), but in my opinion they are not at all alike. But more about this later.

Because of the price and the often mentioned references to Nikos Sculpture, I simply had to test it here. Often the scent twins are not as close to the respective scent as indicated and I have to say, I don't find Sculpture here at all. But right after spraying on I thought I had a more intense version of Dunhill Desire (red) on my wrist.
The start is not so pungent with the Jaguar but it meets the same sweet-heavy synthetic apple and also the further fragrance with woody notes towards a soft vanilla finish is as with the Desire only perhaps still somewhat smoother and more intensive. But it is also this intensity that can be felt as musty at the end if the dosage is too high, as Skr84 writes.

The funny thing is that Monsieur Almairac was not the creator here although he created the Dunhill Desire and is already responsible for Jaguar scents. Who knows if there was any influence...

However, like Dunhill Desire, I find Jaguar Classic Gold to be a good everyday allrounder. Because of the intensity you should not overdo it with this one, while the Dunhill can hardly be overdosed. Overall it is already very synthetic but for the price really a great fragrance and in comparison to the Desire even cheaper. For special occasions or business appointments there is certainly better but for the price (often only 14.99 Euro/ 100 ml online) you can do nothing wrong here.
2.0 8.0 9.0 7.0/10

Online vs. shop counter
After I read so much of this stuff here, I had to go to Rossmann and test it myself. They offer everyone serious in the shop for 49,99€, but online for 17,99€.
First question was also whether I get the online price, which was denied because that would be 2 different KGs or so, but I could have this delivered here to the store... Hä?
So I can get a perfume which is in the shop delivered to me to get it cheaper....Ah yes.

Well, the scent...

I felt it very strong and fruity after spraying it on and was very taken with it at first. Then this apple came into my nose, which reminded me of Boss Bottled, a perfume I once had, but can no longer smell.
That actually took out that scent. It was also only removed, but I was reminded, which is often enough.
But I have to agree with everyone here who says it's a good scent. Very solid in everyday life wearable and it lasts really long, I had something from him the next morning.

Out the back there is a little "drugstore" to be guessed at, but that doesn't bother much. He is a warm fruity companion, the price (online) not to beat. The apple will come back at some point, but I couldn't convince myself to buy it, but I can recommend it to anyone who is waiting for a fragrance for every occasion and doesn't want to invest a lot.

But the bottle is a catastrophe, as already mentioned here several times.
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Terente
Fair perfume for the price
I received yesterday early morning my Jaguar Classic Gold. Blindly bought it, based only on reviews. Nice package, gorgeous bottle. It's a very good perfume for its price, though not spectacular. But let's say and admit that you cannot find so many perfumes smelling like this for about 15-16$. It opens with a citrus dominant, then transforms quickly in a sweet-creamy vanilla-apple-patchouli scent. This is what I smell.
Performances after a day of tests:
Smell 7.5-8/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Projection 7/10
Overall 7.5/10
6.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Decent price/quality!
I am currently wearing Jaguar Classic Gold bought a 100ml for just 12€,nothing.The fragrance is quite nice,sweet but not too overwhelming as other sweet fragrances can be(JPG), fresh at the same time,so nothing wrong wearing it even in summer.Longevity is okay, not a blast I would say and projection too, perhaps a bit above average yet for what you pay....defo a great deal in terms of price/quality.IMO though 100ml flanker are too much,I find it yes a nice fragrance but not the one you could fall in love with and wear it forever...you may get tired of it.
All in all, if it costed 50€ I would not buy it,but given the price...even a blind buy is adviced.
Positive experience:I would give it a 6.5/10

Hanssons
Classic Gold is one of a masterpiece
This is one of my fav. Not just becoz I love it but people so far always responses positive after they've smelled it.
Apple mixed with lime and vanilla are epic!
Sweet but fresh. :)

by Fencingline
by Stinkiwinki
by Stinkiwinki

Popular Jaguar

Classic Gold by Jaguar Jaguar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Pace by Jaguar Classic Black by Jaguar Classic Red by Jaguar Excellence Intense by Jaguar Excellence by Jaguar Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar Prestige (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Vision by Jaguar Performance (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Ultimate Power by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Imperial by Jaguar Classic Chromite by Jaguar Vision II by Jaguar Classic Amber by Jaguar Vision III by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Evolution by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Gold in Black by Jaguar Essentially Jaguar by Jaguar