Classic Gold 2012

Classic Gold by Jaguar
Classic Gold is a popular perfume by Jaguar for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.
Scent goes well with Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Orange blossom, Teakwood
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.10.2020.

Rej
A few dollars for a real gold!
Jaguar Classic Gold it was a pleasant discovery for me! Found online for 10 euros, I honestly didn't expect much given the price ... and instead it is a sweet perfume with its own personality and character. On my nose I feel sweet citrus accompanied by light woods, teakwood, a little apple linked to a very pleasant vanilla. Unisex perfume. Good durability, decent sillage and great price! As usual, Lalique production does not betray ... Highly recommended!
DerDefcon
An "APOM pour homme" with fruit and vanilla
Apple in the top note?
Oh no, we already know this enough by now.

Orange blossom in the base note?
So like so many other creations. I like this fragrance, but for others it is too rich, stuffy and dense. At "APOM pour homme" a nice perfumer once said that you could literally cut this powdery orange blossom scent in the air. Greetings go out to the perfume I know he reads along ;)

Oh yes, and then there is the meanwhile quite inflationary used vanilla in the base, which is almost obligatory for today's new releases.

All the notes I have listed are in a fragrance that is in the lower price segment. My perhaps snobbish perfume nose could turn upside down now, but for me in particular - no - for us, it's important to get rid of fixed mindsets and not succumb to stereotypes. I probably don't need to explain the stereotypes of cheap scented water.

But how does it smell:

Well, it smells pretty good, actually. The not too sweet apple is thrown into a field of orange blossoms at the beginning. Those are apparently not yet fully grown and therefore clearly perceptible, but not overwhelming or too luxuriant. I even perceive its smell as somewhat airy, which is very unusual for this plant. In the later course of the fragrance, vanilla joins in, providing a little more warmth and depth and pleasantly rounding off the overall composition without causing a diabetic shock to the wearer.

I would also like to mention - and this is actually the most important thing about this comment for me - that I see certain parallels to Kurkdjian's "APOM pour homme". "APOM pour homme" may perhaps cling more strongly to the wearer's skin and be more communicative towards his environment, but its orange blossom theme is somehow also to be found in "Classic Gold". The orange blossom notes implemented in both fragrances have quite similar scents. Finally, the difference is that in Jaguar, the flower is decorated with a little fruit and is by far not as dense and stuffy as in Kurkdjian's Classics (for me, this is one) due to powdery amber and dry cedar.

Conclusion: I like both scents and the Jaguar surprised me very much, considering what is offered here for little money. Due to its transparency, "Classic Gold" is extremely suitable for everyday use, but also edgeless, which might be a bit dull for some people. But there must also be such fragrances - and this is mentioned often enough here in the forum.
5.5
Manuel81
Blind bought / tested & given away to my sister .
Fragrances in the low price segment have played absolutely no role for me until a few months ago, i.e. fragrances that you can get (100 ml) for 20 Euros. this changed when I accidentally tested a Jaguar fragrance (Stance) From that moment on I decided to pay more attention to this area, especially to the Jaguar fragrances which you can get for about 20 Euro And I have also currently incl. this one I have given away, 5 Jaguar perfumes in my collection .
Price / performance is simply right here !
From this one I had read here a lot of good, and therefore waited until it was once again in the offer .15 Euro it has cost, and I have simply blindly accessed .
What a mistake ! The fragrance has such a penetrating, synthetic top note that it gives me a headache ... i think it's supposed to be the apple.
And although I am not averse to sweet scents in the cold season, this is definitely too much of a good thing for me Apart from this, it has a VERY feminine effect over the entire fragrance process The sillage is quite STRONG, and the shelf life is somewhere in the range of 5-6 hours .
One could think that when the top note is gone, the fragrance changes a bit into a spicy / woody one, but NO, there is vanilla and a sticky Hubba Bubba note, furthermore, even after 3 hours, this top note is still perceptible which gives me a headache He may smell better on other people, but it is not my case
Sweet
Classic Gold is sweet-fruity, has something of pineapple for me at the beginning, then becomes more vanilla.
Fragrance is perceived with 3-4 sprayers on an entire floor with a long corridor, very room-filling about 1-2 hours, with me then very close, unfortunately already ends after 4 hours, on clothing still quite easily noticeable after an 8.5-hour day. Very sweet and briefly killing the first 15 minutes, then it becomes very tasty and pleasant. After spraying on, it quickly brings some compliments, but as mentioned before, it is no longer noticed relatively quickly after a relatively short time. But that's my opinion.
Can be worn anywhere, no matter if work or leisure, appointment etc.
Flacon not the pop, but matching the name.
Lovers of sweet scents should really hit here.

5.5
Fulbright
Hot sugared Calvados at the Christmas market..
Clear and pure of smell, little complex, it radiates warm like the color gold and holds incredibly long for a drugstore fragrance. But the sweetness is so penetrating and unmanly that I would never wear it in everyday life, let alone to a Tinder Date with a premium cut. The fragrance is best suited for the very cold season. Optimal when you just come out of the cheap pump stand sweaty and drink a hot and over-sweetened Calvados quickly at sub-zero temperatures. If you diesel in with the stuff, you can also sell incense sticks with oriental sweet scents at the Christmas market. Even if the whole thing is not a bad smell for the price... It's not my thing
Fruit mix with lemon
Either you like him totally or you mock him deeply. Very sweet and tasty fragrance. I love him. I love him. Who e.g. stands on one million will love the smell. But if you like darker scents like oud wood you won't be so enthusiastic.
Galahad
"Do not judge me by my Price! "
Acquired because of the numerous rave reviews in this forum on a grey and foggy January morning in the drugstore market, this impulse purchase turned out to be intolerable for me after several test runs.
The unbeatable price of 15€ per 100 millilitres is definitely an argument, the less the fragrance can convince me at this price. I generally don't dislike sweet scents for the man, the JPG Ultra Male I appreciate very much, especially in the cool season, because it has depth and a fragrance progression. For me, the absolute exclusion criterion for this fragrance was the blatant, all-trumping synthetic. Not a single one of the very homogeneous components looks authentic anyway.
So what do I smell ... First comes a very sticky sweetness of a light fruit, with apple I cannot associate this with the best will in the world. Most likely it reminds me of dry apricots "breaded" with cheap honey. The freshness of a lime or bergamot can only be guessed from the background. And then little happens in the process. The scent is sweet and it stays sweet. Pushy and sweet in a pungent way. Steaming woods and dark nuances, which according to the pyramid are supposed to be contained, can hardly be filtered out for me. Vanilla is the most prominent substance in the further course of the disease.
In the overall composition, the fragrance therefore doesn't seem complex to me, but that for many hours, because the shelf life is quite given. Not surprising with the synthetic bomb, either.
That's why I really have to label the fragrance with the attribute "cheap", because it seems neither noble nor balanced in composition. So it had to leave my shelf again.
But my subjective impression doesn't have to evoke with every similar perception, so I can only recommend to test the scent, it is in every drugstore. If he pleases anyone, "Do not judge me by my Price!" still applies

A great off-road perfume
Jaguar Classic Gold is a sparkling and youthful perfume, economical and very compliant, to me, personally, I loved it, especially because it keeps a certain resemblance to my wildcard perfume of all time, Alfred Dunhill's Desire.

The output of this Classic Gold is a little more fruity than the Dunhill, and for that load of fruit, it seems to be a little more powerful, but it is only the output, then, it is a perfume that settles soon and, like The perfume of Dunhill, remains as a very pleasant and personal aura. Its aroma is almost linear, a beautiful apple sweet, fresh and acidulated by its citrus charge, on a background of vanilla subtly woody with slight floral nuances. A beautiful oriental off-road, to use on demand in any occasion or situation, without weighing the pocket.

In some places they say that the performance of the perfume is greater than that of the Dunhill perfume, but for me, which I have been using the Dunhill perfume for more than 18 years, it is not like that. At the beginning it gives the impression of being more powerful, because it has a lot of fruit at the exit and it seems very intense, but in a few minutes it settles and remains moderately, and like its olfactory brother, it lasts approximately 6 days hours, with an equally moderate wake, which is not bad if we look at its ridiculous price.

Classic Gold is an off-road perfume, for me, it has neither time nor time of use, it is one of those perfumes that can get you out of a hurry when you do not know what to wear, because they feel good at any time, in any situation and in any the seasons.

Economic and highly recommended perfume, which, from today, will share my wild-card throne with the work of Dunhill.

Sorry for my bad english.
pudelbonzo
Love marriage or marriage of convenience?
The forest is getting denser as far as combustion engines are concerned, so I started looking for an acceptable E car that wouldn't leave you standing somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Many telephone calls with various car dealerships and complicated appointment arrangements.
An Asian brand even demanded a full fee for a test drive.
No, I'm good.

Especially since I couldn't get rid of the feeling that you are not taken too seriously as a customer.

But the Jaguar brand stood out from the crowd by gallantly placing the cat right in front of my door.
That's what I call service.

And also the car is "outstanding" and driving is a blessing.
Two electric motors carry you away like a sedan - and you feel as secure as in a duvet.

So we had to put a jaguar scent in the house.
I am surprised at the civil price of this precious golden fragrance, because the seductive cars are not very reserved in this respect.
Nevertheless, the soft gold fits into the exclusive brand image.
A fresh, fruity start makes you feel friendly - and elegant jasmine is added gently.
The noble teak wood is warmed by the orange blossom - and the sweet vanilla gives security.
Patchoulie appears soft and lends the "classic touch".

I prefer Classic Gold to unisex, because the fragrance also suits me well - just like the convincing i pace.

I would love to marry a cat - but maybe it will be a marriage of convenience with another brand.
RiverRun83
Jaguar... or Dunhill Desire, intense?
Since there are already many comments on the fragrance here, I would like to deal essentially briefly with the topic of fragrance twin. The two twins mentioned here (Nikos Sculpture and Dunhill Desire for a Man) come from the same perfumer (Michel Almairac), but in my opinion they are not at all alike. But more about this later.

Because of the price and the often mentioned references to Nikos Sculpture, I simply had to test it here. Often the scent twins are not as close to the respective scent as indicated and I have to say, I don't find Sculpture here at all. But right after spraying on I thought I had a more intense version of Dunhill Desire (red) on my wrist.
The start is not so pungent with the Jaguar but it meets the same sweet-heavy synthetic apple and also the further fragrance with woody notes towards a soft vanilla finish is as with the Desire only perhaps still somewhat smoother and more intensive. But it is also this intensity that can be felt as musty at the end if the dosage is too high, as Skr84 writes.

The funny thing is that Monsieur Almairac was not the creator here although he created the Dunhill Desire and is already responsible for Jaguar scents. Who knows if there was any influence...

However, like Dunhill Desire, I find Jaguar Classic Gold to be a good everyday allrounder. Because of the intensity you should not overdo it with this one, while the Dunhill can hardly be overdosed. Overall it is already very synthetic but for the price really a great fragrance and in comparison to the Desire even cheaper. For special occasions or business appointments there is certainly better but for the price (often only 14.99 Euro/ 100 ml online) you can do nothing wrong here.

TsoTso 106 days ago
Very, very positive surprise. Sweet and higher quality from what I expected for the price. I think it's mostly sweet cold weather fragrance.

by Carlitos01
by Fencingline
by Stinkiwinki
by Stinkiwinki

Popular Jaguar

Classic Red by Jaguar Pace by Jaguar Excellence by Jaguar Excellence Intense by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Ultimate Power by Jaguar Signature of Excellence by Jaguar Jaguar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Essentially Jaguar by Jaguar Classic Black by Jaguar Vision Sport by Jaguar Classic Amber by Jaguar Classic Chromite by Jaguar Vision by Jaguar Performance (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Imperial by Jaguar Jaguar Prestige (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Gold in Black by Jaguar Classic (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Vision III by Jaguar Pace Accelerate by Jaguar