Classic Gold 2012

Classic Gold by Jaguar
Classic Gold is a popular perfume by Jaguar for men and was released in 2012. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Lalique Group / Art & Fragrance.
Scent goes well with Encre Noire (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesAppleApple BergamotBergamot LimeLime
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine Orange blossomOrange blossom TeakwoodTeakwood
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.04.2022.

One of my best perfumes
It opens with an aroma of red fruits, which reminds me of cherry with a touch of raspberry and red apple. Gradually, I feel the neroli and mint mixing with the fruits. All this gives, from the beginning, a super sexy and enveloping aroma.

In the middle, a very evident rose appears which, mixed with the previous notes, strengthens the cherry scent, turning into a red aroma.

At the base, after a few hours, a beautiful vanilla enters, comforting and leaving the fragrance sweeter and sexier (making it unisex in my opinion). In addition to the vanilla, a touch of wood comes in, and I feel a smoky touch at the bottom (I don't know if it has incense, but I seem to feel it).

In short, it is a sexy fragrance, very fruity, extremely enveloping and seductive. A wonderful unisex!

DragoIvanov
The youngest brother from the triplets
First Nikos Sculpture, then Dunhill Desire Red and the last one Jaguar Classic Gold.
To me this one has best presentation of all three, most stylish and impressing. Really don`t find a huge difference between all of them and if i smell this scents on different people, i wouldn`t be able to recognize which one is which. Decent sillage and performance. Full presentation is on the same price tag as Nikos, but tester can be found under 10 EUR. So if you have one of the trio, others are redundant.
Nikos - the expirienced brother.
Dunhill - the succesful brother.
Jaguar - the handsome brother.
Cheap / Long lasting / Good
Fragrance:
Unfortunately, I do not possess such a trained nose as many in the community to smell out different fragrance notes. Generally, I would describe it as floral-sweet with a masculine note. Who prefers more classic woody masculine fragrances (Bentley Intense, Oud Wood.. should beware of a blindbuy.

DURABILITY:
For a perfume in this price range and in the floral-sweet-somewhat fresh kind holds the fragrance surprisingly long.

FLACON:
For this price range very good. The sprayer is in my opinion in comparable quality as those of my channel fragrances. All nicely shaped and heavy. The only thing is the plastic around what but at the price can be neglected.

DESTINY:
Is worn by me and my wife. For men who like strong and masculine (act) possibly but a tick too feminine. For women on the first date possibly a little too masculine. Would count him rather to unisex than to a pure men's fragrance.

ALTERNATIVES:
In the price segment in my experience none. Above would be Reflexion Men & Layton and if you go far the old unreformed (durability not fragrance) Channel Allure Home Sport au extreme to mention.

CONCLUSION:
Should one (s) and woman times probegerochen have. Because if it pleases one the price is unbeatable.

BLINDBUY:
Who stands on Blumigsüße men's fragrances with a unisex touch then - YES
Who stands on Bentley Intense, Out Wood definitely - NO

Rej
A few dollars for a real gold!
Jaguar Classic Gold it was a pleasant discovery for me! Found online for 10 euros, I honestly didn't expect much given the price ... and instead it is a sweet perfume with its own personality and character. On my nose I feel sweet citrus accompanied by light woods, teakwood, a little apple linked to a very pleasant vanilla. Unisex perfume. Good durability, decent sillage and great price! As usual, Lalique production does not betray ... Highly recommended!
DerDefcon
An "APOM pour homme" with fruit and vanilla
Apple in the top note?
Oh no, we already know this enough by now.

Orange blossom in the base note?
So like so many other creations. I like this fragrance, but for others it is too rich, stuffy and dense. At "APOM pour homme" a nice perfumer once said that you could literally cut this powdery orange blossom scent in the air. Greetings go out to the perfume I know he reads along ;)

Oh yes, and then there is the meanwhile quite inflationary used vanilla in the base, which is almost obligatory for today's new releases.

All the notes I have listed are in a fragrance that is in the lower price segment. My perhaps snobbish perfume nose could turn upside down now, but for me in particular - no - for us, it's important to get rid of fixed mindsets and not succumb to stereotypes. I probably don't need to explain the stereotypes of cheap scented water.

But how does it smell:

Well, it smells pretty good, actually. The not too sweet apple is thrown into a field of orange blossoms at the beginning. Those are apparently not yet fully grown and therefore clearly perceptible, but not overwhelming or too luxuriant. I even perceive its smell as somewhat airy, which is very unusual for this plant. In the later course of the fragrance, vanilla joins in, providing a little more warmth and depth and pleasantly rounding off the overall composition without causing a diabetic shock to the wearer.

I would also like to mention - and this is actually the most important thing about this comment for me - that I see certain parallels to Kurkdjian's "APOM pour homme". "APOM pour homme" may perhaps cling more strongly to the wearer's skin and be more communicative towards his environment, but its orange blossom theme is somehow also to be found in "Classic Gold". The orange blossom notes implemented in both fragrances have quite similar scents. Finally, the difference is that in Jaguar, the flower is decorated with a little fruit and is by far not as dense and stuffy as in Kurkdjian's Classics (for me, this is one) due to powdery amber and dry cedar.

Conclusion: I like both scents and the Jaguar surprised me very much, considering what is offered here for little money. Due to its transparency, "Classic Gold" is extremely suitable for everyday use, but also edgeless, which might be a bit dull for some people. But there must also be such fragrances - and this is mentioned often enough here in the forum.
Manuel81
Blind bought / tested & given away to my sister .
Fragrances in the low price segment have played absolutely no role for me until a few months ago, i.e. fragrances that you can get (100 ml) for 20 Euros. this changed when I accidentally tested a Jaguar fragrance (Stance) From that moment on I decided to pay more attention to this area, especially to the Jaguar fragrances which you can get for about 20 Euro And I have also currently incl. this one I have given away, 5 Jaguar perfumes in my collection .
Price / performance is simply right here !
From this one I had read here a lot of good, and therefore waited until it was once again in the offer .15 Euro it has cost, and I have simply blindly accessed .
What a mistake ! The fragrance has such a penetrating, synthetic top note that it gives me a headache ... i think it's supposed to be the apple.
And although I am not averse to sweet scents in the cold season, this is definitely too much of a good thing for me Apart from this, it has a VERY feminine effect over the entire fragrance process The sillage is quite STRONG, and the shelf life is somewhere in the range of 5-6 hours .
One could think that when the top note is gone, the fragrance changes a bit into a spicy / woody one, but NO, there is vanilla and a sticky Hubba Bubba note, furthermore, even after 3 hours, this top note is still perceptible which gives me a headache He may smell better on other people, but it is not my case
Sweet
Classic Gold is sweet-fruity, has something of pineapple for me at the beginning, then becomes more vanilla.
Fragrance is perceived with 3-4 sprayers on an entire floor with a long corridor, very room-filling about 1-2 hours, with me then very close, unfortunately already ends after 4 hours, on clothing still quite easily noticeable after an 8.5-hour day. Very sweet and briefly killing the first 15 minutes, then it becomes very tasty and pleasant. After spraying on, it quickly brings some compliments, but as mentioned before, it is no longer noticed relatively quickly after a relatively short time. But that's my opinion.
Can be worn anywhere, no matter if work or leisure, appointment etc.
Flacon not the pop, but matching the name.
Lovers of sweet scents should really hit here.

5.5
Fulbright
Hot sugared Calvados at the Christmas market..
Clear and pure of smell, little complex, it radiates warm like the color gold and holds incredibly long for a drugstore fragrance. But the sweetness is so penetrating and unmanly that I would never wear it in everyday life, let alone to a Tinder Date with a premium cut. The fragrance is best suited for the very cold season. Optimal when you just come out of the cheap pump stand sweaty and drink a hot and over-sweetened Calvados quickly at sub-zero temperatures. If you diesel in with the stuff, you can also sell incense sticks with oriental sweet scents at the Christmas market. Even if the whole thing is not a bad smell for the price... It's not my thing
Fruit mix with lemon
Either you like him totally or you mock him deeply. Very sweet and tasty fragrance. I love him. I love him. Who e.g. stands on one million will love the smell. But if you like darker scents like oud wood you won't be so enthusiastic.
Galahad
"Do not judge me by my Price! "
Acquired because of the numerous rave reviews in this forum on a grey and foggy January morning in the drugstore market, this impulse purchase turned out to be intolerable for me after several test runs.
The unbeatable price of 15€ per 100 millilitres is definitely an argument, the less the fragrance can convince me at this price. I generally don't dislike sweet scents for the man, the JPG Ultra Male I appreciate very much, especially in the cool season, because it has depth and a fragrance progression. For me, the absolute exclusion criterion for this fragrance was the blatant, all-trumping synthetic. Not a single one of the very homogeneous components looks authentic anyway.
So what do I smell ... First comes a very sticky sweetness of a light fruit, with apple I cannot associate this with the best will in the world. Most likely it reminds me of dry apricots "breaded" with cheap honey. The freshness of a lime or bergamot can only be guessed from the background. And then little happens in the process. The scent is sweet and it stays sweet. Pushy and sweet in a pungent way. Steaming woods and dark nuances, which according to the pyramid are supposed to be contained, can hardly be filtered out for me. Vanilla is the most prominent substance in the further course of the disease.
In the overall composition, the fragrance therefore doesn't seem complex to me, but that for many hours, because the shelf life is quite given. Not surprising with the synthetic bomb, either.
That's why I really have to label the fragrance with the attribute "cheap", because it seems neither noble nor balanced in composition. So it had to leave my shelf again.
But my subjective impression doesn't have to evoke with every similar perception, so I can only recommend to test the scent, it is in every drugstore. If he pleases anyone, "Do not judge me by my Price!" still applies

PedroCabralPedroCabral 5 months ago
It is an outstanding perfume. It will hardly go unnoticed anywhere wearing this perfume. It's sublime. Magnetism defines it.
StolzmanStolzman 1 year ago
5.5
D. Desire, YdS Thalium type scent.
Sweet vanillin + apple, but nothing like Boss Bottled.
Hair spray vibe, longlasting synthetic cheapie. Ok
StamatiosStamatios 1 year ago
One of the best Jaguar fragrances.A bit synthetic but fresh,citrucy,fruity,spicy,woody and sweet vanilla for finale.Decent performance.VFM!!
TsoTso 2 years ago
Very, very positive surprise. Sweet and higher quality from what I expected for the price. I think it's mostly sweet cold weather fragrance.

by Carlitos01
by Stinkiwinki
by ChrisTommasi
by ChrisTommasi

Popular by Jaguar

Classic Red by Jaguar Signature of Excellence by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Ultimate Power by Jaguar Pace by Jaguar Excellence Intense by Jaguar Jaguar for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Excellence by Jaguar Mark II (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Classic Black (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Pace Accelerate by Jaguar Vision Sport by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Gold in Black by Jaguar Vision by Jaguar Classic Amber (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Classic Chromite by Jaguar Essentially Jaguar by Jaguar Jaguar for Men Imperial by Jaguar Miss Jaguar by Jaguar Performance (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar Jaguar Prestige (Eau de Toilette) by Jaguar