George by Jardins d'Écrivains
George is a perfume by Jardins d'Écrivains for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is smoky-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Anaïs Biguine

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotropeHeliotrope CoffeeCoffee TobaccoTobacco
Base Notes Base NotesMyrrhMyrrh Peru balsamPeru balsam White muskWhite musk

Submitted by qlertyp, last update on 23.01.2022.

This fragrance is named after French novelist Amantine Lucile Aurore Dupin, baronne Dudevant, better known by her pseudonym George Sand (1804-1876).

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
A friendship in letters
This won't be a very sophisticated review, more like a little picture story. But I must absolutely break a lance here for this so underrated fragrance! This perfume is a very compelling orange blossom leather scent for me. The leather is slightly smoky, as befits a fragrance named after George Sand. There is also a slight dustiness and sweetness. I associate a study in central France with an open window overlooking a garden. You can see the dust dancing in the air, a whiff of sweet floral scent drifts through the window and mingles with the smell of old books and furniture. You have a coffee first, open the tobacco casket, then get to work. Afterwards you relax on the divan, peru balsam and myrrh yielding what continues to be a very slightly sweet, soft and woody finish. You relax and go over in your mind once again the letter you just wrote to Flaubert.

The overall impression reminds a little of "L'Eau Scandaleuse", also a neroli leather fragrance. The latter is even more refined, the ingredients are of higher quality, the fragrance is darker and denser. But "George" doesn't need to hide in terms of quality either and is considerably cheaper. I see no reason to own both. As an everyday scent, it is definitely more suitable because of the absence of animalic. The durability I find just right for a working day, the sillage after a strong start pleasantly restrained

Miapea
For these times when you need a break
This one is a unique mix of tobacco, oil paint thinner, and smoked sausage. I find it strangely pleasant, although somewhat fleeing.
On the other hand, I think it would be too much to feel it in the same intensity as the opening, for a full day. Nonetheless, I often reach for it when I feel a need for distraction.

great big neroli
This is another one that I, a Big White Floral hater, can't rate. While I enjoy many fragrances that have a bit of tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, or neroli (among other white flowers), too much of any of them sends me running for an antacid to calm my nausea and some salt scrub to get it off my skin.

This has a lot of beautiful notes listed, but all my nose could register was, I guess, the neroli. I had applied so little that there was no noticeable amount missing from my 1 ml vial, but that was too much, and I had to scrub after ten minutes. Once again, I'll send it along to someone with a greater white flower tolerance and will refrain from rating something to which I couldn't give a full wearing.

1 short view on the fragrance
WildGardenerWildGardener 2 years ago
L'Heure Bleue without the magic.

Images

3 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Jardins d'Écrivains

Wilde by Jardins d'Écrivains Orlando by Jardins d'Écrivains La Dame aux Camélias by Jardins d'Écrivains Marlowe by Jardins d'Écrivains Gigi by Jardins d'Écrivains Junky by Jardins d'Écrivains Ajar by Jardins d'Écrivains Zorba by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Kakuzô by Jardins d'Écrivains Howl by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Leopardi by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Marceline by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Taïpi by Jardins d'Écrivains Alcools by Jardins d'Écrivains Exil by Jardins d'Écrivains Loy by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Tagore by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Louÿs by Jardins d'Écrivains Baltasar del Alcazar by Jardins d'Écrivains L'Eau de Blixen by Jardins d'Écrivains