Fleurs d'Ombre - Jasmin-Lilas 2006

Fleurs d'Ombre - Jasmin-Lilas by Jean-Charles Brosseau
Fleurs d'Ombre - Jasmin-Lilas is a perfume by Jean-Charles Brosseau for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Pierre Bourdon

Top Notes Top NotesPineapplePineapple Honeydew melonHoneydew melon Green leavesGreen leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose Mock-orangeMock-orange FreesiaFreesia JasmineJasmine White lilacWhite lilac Lily of the valleyLily of the valley Orange blossomOrange blossom LilacLilac
Base Notes Base NotesNectarineNectarine PeachPeach MuskMusk

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 13.06.2019.

Very realistic lilac
This has a very fresh green lilac opening, the best I've tried. It stays green until the sweeter jasmine heart, and dries down to a clean/musky, slightly powdery base. I 've had this fragrance on my want list for a long time, and I am very happy to say it didn't disappoint!

Difficult Synthetic LOTV Opening
As much as I want to like Jean-Charles Brosseau JASMIN-LILAS, I find the opening very difficult to endure. The lily-of-the-valley rendition used here is unfortunately the same as or similar to the one featured in Coty's ghastly reformulated MUGUET DES BOIS, which to me smells like paint thinner. Here, the lily of the valley note is tempered quite a bit in the drydown by the strong jasmine note, but there is always the lingering memory of paint thinner-cum-lighter fluid which I find somewhat problematic and even annoying. The opening couple of minutes are really hard to bear, and I find myself basically holding my breath to survive. However, the fragrance never delivers enough niceness to warrant the wait, it seems to me.

Perhaps this composition would work better in hot weather, applied outside, so that the solvent-y aspect could evaporate quickly away, giving a swifter development to the drydown and diminishing the waiting period for a decent perfume to emerge. I'll try again when summer arrives. The jasmine is very nice, but all things considered, I'd rather wear a strong jasmine fragrance without this particular lily-of-the-valley note, which to me is not pleasant at all. I love the bottle and even the green color, and knowing that Pierre Bourdon created this perfume, I really wanted to love it too. But I don't.

Popular by Jean-Charles Brosseau

Ombre Rose L'Original (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Thé Poudré by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre d'Or (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Ombre Bleue by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Rose by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Violette-Menthe by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Thé Brun by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose L'Original / Ombre Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Atlas Cedar by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Bergamote by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Orientale by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose L'Original / Ombre Rose (Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre d'Or (Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Fruit de Bois by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Platine by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Héliotrope by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Nymphéa by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose (Eau de Cologne) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose Fraîche by Jean-Charles Brosseau