Fleurs d'Ombre - Violette-Menthe 2005

Fleurs d'Ombre - Violette-Menthe by Jean-Charles Brosseau
Fleurs d'Ombre - Violette-Menthe is a perfume by Jean-Charles Brosseau for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
CaramelCaramel
AmberAmber
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 18.08.2021.

Fresh minty violets
First of all I'd like to thank Michali for giving me the opportunity to try and own this beautiful fragrance.

To be honest, when I first tested Fleurs d'Ombre Violette - Menthe on my skin, I wasn't overly impressed. The mint was very strong, but not in a pleasant sense. I thought of toothpaste and gallons of talcum powder creating havoc on my delicate skin.

I didn't give up, so after a few days I tried again. Oh my god, what a difference the second wearing made in forming a completely different opinion concerning Fleurs d'Ombre Violette - Menthe. This fragrance was a beautiful, unique and feminine blend of powdery violets, refreshing mint, sweet melon and soft musk.

I thought that nothing could surpass my adoration for Thierry Mugler's Violette Angel, however it may have just met its match. They are both powdery violet scents, however the mint adds something quite beautiful to an already pretty blend.

I have worn this fragrance during both Summer and Autumn, and have been surprised by the amount of compliments I've received, especially from men. I found it quite innocent, yet men seem to find it rather seductive and captivating.

Who would have thought that violet and mint could go so well together? Whoever constructed this fragrance is a genius. The lasting power is fantastic, really surprising for an EDT. I recommend this fragrance to anyone that loves violets, or for that matter, floral lovers in general that enjoy fragrances with a bit of a twist.

Faceted Peridot and Amethyst-Encrusted Golden Brooch
Jean-Charles Brosseau VIOLETTE-MENTHE is a breath of fresh air. The violets are in abundance, but their sweetness is tempered slightly by the mint, which grows stronger as the fragrance develops. The composition is simple yet very pleasing, and I find myself smiling whenever I catch a glimpse of myself wearing this faceted peridots and amethyst-encrusted golden brooch. Like a small cluster of violets gathered together and bunched up in one's hand with fresh mint sprigs on a bright sunny spring day, VIOLETTE-MENTHE is as disingenuous as can be.

There is no artifice or complexity here. The beauty is clean and straightforward, like a single scene captured from nature with nothing added. There is no plastic or dextrose thrown in to mar the natural beauty of the violets in this refreshing eau de toilette with quite good longevity—relative to some of the natural violet perfumes which I've tried—and pretty big sillage. VIOLETTE-MENTHE is a must-have for all lovers of violet perfumes! (If anyone out there actually thinks that this composition smells like glue, I can only surmise that it must have been left in her nose...)

by SvetlanaG
by SvetlanaG
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Jean-Charles Brosseau

Ombre Rose L'Original (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Thé Poudré by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre d'Or (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Ombre Bleue by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Rose by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Jasmin-Lilas by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Thé Brun by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Atlas Cedar by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose L'Original / Ombre Rose (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Bergamote by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Orientale by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose L'Original / Ombre Rose (Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre d'Or (Parfum) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Collection Homme - Fruit de Bois by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Platine by Jean-Charles Brosseau Fleurs d'Ombre - Nymphéa by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose (Eau de Cologne) by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose Fraîche by Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rubis by Jean-Charles Brosseau