Coriandre 1973 Eau de Toilette

Coriandre (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Coriandre (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jean Couturier for women and was released in 1973. The scent is green-chypre. It is being marketed by VAG & Distribution.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
CivetCivet

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 19.10.2021.

Nice
During my exploration of the Chypre family, I came across Coriandre. Since I suspected from my previous experiences that this fragrance family suits my skin, I risked a blind purchase. Can't agree with the reviews that the scent is very strong. It's rather soft, I can only guess at the idea and it fades into very soft tones very quickly. Possibly it's due to the modern manufacturing method. Too bad, I would have liked to hear him in full volume, maybe I'll try my luck with EdP later.

Pinucha
I really love this fragrance!
Coriandre is a specific fragrance, so that or you love it, or you hate it! Fresh and spicy, not sweet at all (in my opinion could be an unisex fragrance). Strange that in the olfactory description is not mentioned leather in the base notes: I do smell leather. The heart notes remind me a little bit that of Jean louis Scherrer (only the heart notes)

MasterLi
Review for the vintage EdT...
What a surprise! This is the type of fragrance that I find so refreshing given today's market trends and current tastes!

Coriandre is a great example of a rich, heady chypre with just the right amount of dirtiness in a perfume. It is a very green and mossy fragrance (like all true "chypre" perfumes should be). It reminds me a lot of many other fragrances from it's era (Jacomo - Silences, Chanel - Cristalle), and even a little of Eau de Patou but what makes this one special for me is the inclusion of a honey-like sweet civet note. This is what gives it the "dirtiness" I mentioned, which can also be a very sensual and seductive note.

I agree that to many young people today, they would find Coriandre very different from modern tastes. But for uniqueness, I think this perfume is perfect in that respect. I find it a beautiful one because it reminds me of the gorgeous perfumes of the past, which were made at a very high level, even as designers. If this was released today it would be considered a "niche" scent. Thankfully, you can still buy this for a very cheap and reasonable price, and it's quality is much greater than that.

I would recommend to try if you like very mossy, "classic" chypre fragrances, and even stuff like Shalimar there is something about it which is unique and very interesting. Give it a try!

WildGardenerWildGardener 1 month ago
A green chypre with powder and plasticky flowers.
Nothing wrong with that, but a bit too sour and lipsticky for my taste.
KuraiKurai 3 months ago
A refreshing opening. Green herbacious. Cilantro with aldehydes. Soon fades in a very basic, rather indistinct green floral. Weak.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Light acacia honey, dove white soap, and a bit grassy-green. It's really 'basic' but I love it. The current version has almost no musk.

by Zora
Eau de Parfum
Coriandre de Jean Couturier  www.perfumeriajulia.es
by skanvidou

Popular Jean Couturier

12 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Vanilla Exotica by Jean Couturier Coriandre (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau de Coriandre by Jean Couturier Kéora (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Marjolaine by Jean Couturier Un Jardin à Paris by Jean Couturier Coriandre (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier Lilas Mauve by Jean Couturier Kéora (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Kéora (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau Fraîche by Jean Couturier Ginger by Jean Couturier Patchouli by Jean Couturier 12 (After Shave) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Jean Couturier Paris Baroque by Jean Couturier