Coriandre 1973 Eau de Parfum

Coriandre (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Coriandre (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Jean Couturier for women and was released in 1973. The scent is green-citrusy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by VAG & Distribution.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydesAldehydes
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
CivetCivet

Submitted by Violaodorata, last update on 16.10.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Coriandre (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier, which differs in concentration.

Winter no, Summer yes.
When I bought and tried this in Spring 2019 I found it awful

The note pyramid made this edp sound like just my cup of tea. The base notes looked just right, dry, woody, maybe a bit bitter, lots of lovely flowers in the middle, nice aldehydic citrusy top. I got none of that. Instead I got a thin, sour, lemony toilet cleaner type of smell (with a bit of mint) that radiated all day with just one spray; a fresh aftershave from the '70s type of smell.

Sorting through my perfume stash I came across a travel spray that I had filled with one of my concoctions. It was lovely and reminded me of Magie Noir. I couldn't think for the life of my what I had put into the bottle but after days of faffing around I suddenly remembered that I had put Coriandre plus patchouli (for my tastes most perfumes smell better layered up with a dab of patchouli essential oil ha ha). In the cool weather of an English spring my mix was a complete bust (obviously as I hadn't used it up) but trying it in the high heat of a pretty odd flash of early summer in May it was absolutely gorgeous (don't know what else I put in, possibly nothing, possibly a few things and most likely vetivert and oakmoss).

So I tried Coriandre again and it is remarkable on my skin how this perfume differs in smell summer compared to winter. The sour lemony top notes burn off in a few seconds letting some sharper, slightly powdery, floral notes come through, and just picking a couple on my skin that would be a fairly definite geranium, and some iris, and other than those two a general floral bouquet rather than individual flowers. As the hours wear on it becomes a little more powdery but never loses the floral middle.

Super nice on its own, and I wish I could remember what I mixed up in my little travel spray because that smells like an early Magie Noir (I'll have to have another go).

So Coriandre for me has gone from a one to an 8, with my lost formula a 10.

The bottle really is a very pretty heavy frosted glass oblong with a lovely dark green lid.

.... auf der Gartenmauer ...... grün - kühl - frisch - blumig ... lecker ..... :) …. Ganz lieben Dank für Eure wunderschönen, zustimmenden Kommentare zu meiner kühlen grünen Oase -, ich freu‘ mich über jeden einzelnen sehr! :))
by IrisNobile

Popular Jean Couturier

Coriandre (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier 12 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Vanilla Exotica by Jean Couturier Coriandre (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau de Coriandre by Jean Couturier Kéora (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Marjolaine by Jean Couturier Un Jardin à Paris by Jean Couturier Lilas Mauve by Jean Couturier Kéora (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Kéora (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau Fraîche by Jean Couturier Ginger by Jean Couturier Patchouli by Jean Couturier 12 (After Shave) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Jean Couturier Paris Baroque by Jean Couturier