Kéora 1983 Eau de Toilette

Kéora (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier
Kéora (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jean Couturier for women and was released in 1983. The scent is powdery-oriental. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
LemonLemon
RosewoodRosewood
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
NeroliNeroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose
JasmineJasmine
IrisIris
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
AmbergrisAmbergris
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
PatchouliPatchouli
Russian leatherRussian leather
Tonka beanTonka bean
CivetCivet

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.12.2019.

Peace, Love and Yum!
"Keora" and I have been running into each other in several places and countries. I have seen it priced way up and sold as a bargain...yet somehow I was always looking for something else or I could never find a tester. Finally I decided to give it my full attention and test this potion in its pretty bottle (which is made out of thick glass that is quite heavy) with its cute tassel.

At first spray a complex and spicy incense wafts to my nose and I feel transported to the 60s where there is a Peace & Love party in full swing yet all the guests are posh and are wearing silk Kaftans and designer jeans. The spicy indian food is delicious. The smell of hand-rolled incense is lingering in the air and mixes with the expensive and exotic body oils the guests are wearing. "Posh Hippie" is the thought that comes to mind...and I like it!

It's more complex than the listed notes imply. It's smooth and beautiful and I have the urge to wear black silk and emerald velvet and adorn myself with that special necklace that was gifted to me from a loved one who visited Egypt. An intricate elegant design of silver, vibrant lapis lazuli and velvet green malachite....Beautiful and colourful and this is the perfect scent to wear with it.

It's an amber spicy and (smoke free!) incense-ey beauty (and contains lots more notes that are so well blended that I cant really tell them apart) and I can only sigh and enjoy the wonderful result on my wrists.

Keora is for all those people who hoped/expected that Juicy Coutures "Peace Love and Juicy Couture" was an elegant hippie scent. And for all those with a penchant for the mysteries of the East with its colourful Souqs, its intricate jewelry and scented temples, but who don't want to smell like cheap smoky incense. Keora is not linear in it scent evolvement...no, it's a pretty mix of notes that evolve and have always a smooth amber vibe to it.

Cross my palm with silver...and I'll predict that if you like the above mentioned things you'll adore Keora.

Silage is: amber yumminess and spicy beauty - Longevity is: 8+ hours. Enjoy!

Popular Jean Couturier

Coriandre (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier 12 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Couturier Vanilla Exotica by Jean Couturier Coriandre (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau de Coriandre by Jean Couturier Marjolaine by Jean Couturier Un Jardin à Paris by Jean Couturier Coriandre (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier Lilas Mauve by Jean Couturier Kéora (Parfum) by Jean Couturier Kéora (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Couturier Eau Fraîche by Jean Couturier Ginger by Jean Couturier Patchouli by Jean Couturier 12 (After Shave) by Jean Couturier Monsieur Couturier (Lotion Après-Rasage) by Jean Couturier Paris Baroque by Jean Couturier