Bal à Versailles (1962)Parfum

Bal à Versailles (Parfum) by Jean Desprez
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand

Bal à Versailles (Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean Desprez for women and was released in 1962. The scent is oriental-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Jasmine, Cassia, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange blossom, Rose, Rosemary, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac, Orris root, Lily-of-the-valley, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Resins, Musk, Tolu balm, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Civet

Submitted by Cassandra, last update on 25.01.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Bal à Versailles (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Desprez, which differs in concentration.

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
Lustfulness and glamour
Versailles enchants, makes you smile, smile and makes you wink your eyes cheekily. Yes, perhaps one also breathes faster when thinking of past customs and traditions and secretly takes a step.
Which man was not attracted by the fact that ladies used not to wear underwear and were ready for anything "fast". This did not only mean the toilet, which at that time was simply done behind a door in the Great Palace of King Ludwig the 14th and the poor servants had to take care of cleanliness again.
It was a time of charms, fornication, lust, pomp, splendour, arrogance, immorality, celebrations, raptures, full beds, where everyone with everyone etc...

It was actually a very unhygienic time when water was dirty and not suitable for washing. That's why they powdered and perfumed the place up.

Bal à Versailles is dirty powdery. Heavy and sweet. Animalistically erotic and also again modest and well-behaved. A certain pee note cannot be denied, but it fits extremely "enchantingly" into this fragrance.
Iris root makes Bal à Versailles greasy and soft like butter. Benzoin spices it up again with its balsamic effect. Fluffy and soft, green-earthy patchouli nestles around bright yellow amber and becomes powdery-woody.
Citrus notes and neroli lift the "skirts" and pee blatantly over the vanilla, which contracts slightly in disgust and struggles for breath.
Lily of the valley, the little servant tries to get rid of this spoiled thing by ringing bells and fails enormously. The little bell goes silent, keeps on ringing twitching and eventually gives up.
Now comes the fat cook who carries a tray full of sweet, sticky delicious vanilla mandarins on his fleshy hands. Past the huge, large vases, which stand to the right and left of the room entrance and are full of heavy, turgid flowers. It smells pompous, but deliciously luxuriant.
What remains is a blossom-heavy powder dream, which also pleases the subjects and makes them equal to the "big ones" - no matter if they get caught or not.
Dirty! Yes, Bal à Versailles is dirty beautiful!
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Blind date
As a Michael Jackson fan, I had to have him, if not Michael personally then I wanted to know how my idol smelled during my lifetime.
So I went through all my Douglas vouchers that I knowingly had given me before to buy the fragrance. Douglas had to order it especially for me and after a week I got the long awaited call: Your eau de toilette is here...
My husband had to go, he had his driver's license and I wanted to get to town as soon as possible. .
"How can you buy a perfume you don't know how it smells! " Were his words, but he was curious, a scented junkie like me.
I received the 100 ml EDT bottle in a friendly way...I was happy, but what did I have to pay 78 Euro for now? I was excited.
I told Douglette that it had used MJ and she had nothing better to do than call all her colleagues together, me, or rather BAL À VERSAILLES was now in the spotlight.
Michael Jackson wore THE? ?? Insanity......I wanted to satisfy my and the curiosity of the saleswomen and unpacked him, a heavy Klobiger bottle came to light "cool.....
When I sprayed it onto a strip of paper, I smelled Michael, a heavy, very heavy fragrance, feminine, sweet, almost like opium, but richer in facets. ..it really matched Michael, a women's fragrance that even feminine men can wear.
A customer standing next to me wanted him too, but no, she had to order him herself, this Michael fragrance belongs to me.
My husband, meanwhile ex, liked him amazingly well too.
I have had him for 7 years now, don't regret buying him blind, and every time I walked past a Lush store with my husband, he would notice with a grin " here it smells like Michael Jackson! "

Conclusion: I would buy it again and again, compliments would never fail when I wore it and I now know how Mike smelled and wistfully I think of him

Mrsg37
A classic that never ages
Ahh a perfume of years gone by yet still very much wearable. Reminds me of a vintage scent that a strong woman would wear. I get a strong dose of civet (which I like)and a zesty, kind of aldehyde,powdery smell on application and you think it's going to be too much but then when it settles it does so nicely into a much quieter, animalic, musty oriental which I find very nice indeed.An autumn/winter fragrance for me and not one for the office but I will wear this and am glad I own it.

Bavperfume 7 months ago
Jean Desprez is running their registered user special in Europe at https://www.jeandesprez.com/uk.html. Last time was 4 years ago

by Cimorghe
by Cimorghe
aus  Strand in Nizza - Berthe Morisot
by Zoikgreece
by Zoikgreece
by EclatVebelle
by EclatVebelle

Popular Jean Desprez

Bal à Versailles (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Desprez Versailles pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Desprez Sheherazade (Parfum de Toilette) by Jean Desprez Revolution à Versailles by Jean Desprez Bal à Versailles (Eau de Cologne) by Jean Desprez Bal à Versailles (Parfum de Toilette) by Jean Desprez Sheherazade (Parfum) by Jean Desprez 40 Love pour Homme by Jean Desprez Versailles pour Homme (Eau de Cologne) by Jean Desprez Etourdissant by Jean Desprez Jardanel by Jean Desprez Escarmouche by Jean Desprez Grande Dame by Jean Desprez Votre Main by Jean Desprez Bal à Versailles - Janusette by Jean Desprez Sheherazade (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Desprez