Jean-Louis Scherrer 1979 Eau de Parfum

Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Top 30 in Women's Perfume
Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean-Louis Scherrer for women and was released in 1979. The scent is chypre-green. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian tangerineSicilian tangerine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Bourbon vetiverBourbon vetiver
Mysore sandalwoodMysore sandalwood
OakmossOakmoss

Submitted by ExUser, last update on 20.01.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer, which differs in concentration.

Likeable
When I was working in the city of Salzburg in the mid-nineties, a new colleague came to us Most people didn't like her because she put on too much make-up, perfumed too loudly and wanted to be "good friends" with everyone too quickly.
I secretly thought she was a little too extroverted at first too, but that subsided when we found out we were and still are both fans of this fragrance vo Scherrer.
I had always held back a little when working with perfumes yes, but she did not, so that some things came across a little too sultry, just not this SCHERRER.
This fragrance has enchanted most of the people we met, because this combination of different notes, you I myself could not name (you can read here), it was probably, the people are immediately sympathetic to the nose.
Dazusagen I must still say that we have worn of course not both on the same day Scherrer, moreover, it has anyway smelled differently. She is a blonde, I was then still dark-haired, (now silver-gray) therefore probably also the other scent perception.
The colleague I have now lost track of, but whenever I go to Salzburg, I remember her by wearing Jean Louis Scherrer. An exceptional perfume, has lost nothing of its charm.

Bitter green chypre
Yes, bitter is how I would describe it. And I love that. It’s the galbanum and moss combination that leaves this rather cold and bitter impression. Close to being harsh. Then there are -literally- sparkles of aldehydes and iris. A very successful combination. Unapproachable yet sparkling with elegance.

Instead of a dramatic trilogy, Scherrer’s story appears a bit one-dimensional. A single chypre accord, so to speak. Until after a a few hours, all of a sudden a feline sticks its head out the grass. Ahh the civet. Gotcha!

Both the EDT and the EDP are lovely. I was told the EDP is closer to the original, I am yet to find that out for myself. It is more round, mellow and has more depth vs the EDT, that’s for sure. The EDT lacks the woody and floral nuances, but it is more bitter on the top and a bit more sparkling overall.

To me Scherrer may not even be the best scent of the genre but it sure does suit me perfectly. I don’t know if it just interacts well with my skin, but it feels closer to being ‘me’ than any other perfume. An extension of myself, rather than an artificial layer of scent. As a result, this perfume works wonders for me in every situation, every condition.
Classic elegance
Any office anywhere - A day like any other. Or is it?

Bustle of activity, loud talking, phone ringing, rustling of papers. Then she enters the room. Unconscious fascination flits over the faces, despite unapproachable aura she fills the room with her appearance. She is perfectly dressed as always, discreet make-up, trouser suit, white blouse, timeless pumps. Purposeful straightforwardness and conspicuous inconspicuousness determine her actions. When she speaks, she is heard, she has an opinion and she speaks it. Somehow gentlemen become uneasy around her, is she too perfect? What's the catch?

Quite simply, there is none. She is completely herself, she doesn't have to prove herself to anyone anymore. Acceptance and fairness define her actions, and that's exactly what she demands from others.

Scherrer is refined and timeless at the same time with high recognition value. A typical Chypre, starting with fresh tangerine, currant, followed by a potpourri of rose petals, lilies and herbs. Earthy oakmoss, galbanum, woods and vetiver complete the masterpiece. Straightforward, sophisticated, subtle and challenging. The flacon is modern and for its time purist with clear structures held.

This fragrance was candidate of the first hour for my olfactory equipment and is still a fixed part of my collection. Elegant understatement to the costume or pantsuit, he simply belongs. Like the lace to the shoe or the classic pearl necklace to the white blouse.

Scherrer was a great Parisian designer and lover of fragrances. He himself wanted to create ones that would also match his fashion collections - sensual as well as classic. In 1986 he created this original and convinced, it was followed by other, no less beautiful masterpieces.

Still popular and available - that speaks for the quality and specialness.

Epicurus:
"There is nobility even in simplicity. He who does not heed it suffers similar things as he who falls into the boundlessness of pleasure."
Saschispatz
I want to, I don't want to, but, give me some of that, I'd rather not...
... that's what the scent does to me. I just do not know.

The fragrance is so diverse that you do not know yourself whether you should like it or rather leave the fingers of it.

One thing in advance: the quality of the perfume is 1A! You notice that immediately after the first spray.

Nevertheless, even after a fragrance test on me, I can not say what I like or dislike about him.

On my skin develops after not too long a smoky note with it, which also makes the fragrance seem a bit more masculine. I like that very much!

As I write this comment, I wear Scherrer EdP and just come to no conclusion whether I should like it, love it, hate it or despise it.

To me, there is something arrogant about it; it screams at you "here I am, you have to like me". Look away for a moment, take his arm to your side and then smell it again and you hear him say "I'm so wonderful and a perfect fit for you".

Sillage and durability are very good and convince me very much. For this kind of fragrance just right! He is spicy, fresh, smoky and floral at the same time. Too much of a good thing? I do not know ;)
Peeva
For the stronger sex -whatever....
My first blind buy.
Read many comments etc and curiosity was piqued...

Now it's here and it took me a few tries on different days to classify it for me and I'm still not quite sure if it's a good fit for me.

This scent is absolutely stunning, so anything but mainstream....
Spicy-tart-mossy-earthy.

Strong, confident, firm, straightforward, purposeful.

Applied in the early morning only 2 sprays on the décolleté and forearm, it lasts until the evening. Changes minimally, only becomes weaker, a little softer perhaps a little soapy.

An ideal carrier would be for me Gillian Anderson in her role as Stella Gibson.

Mood Perfume
With no other of my fragrances is it so mood-dependent whether I love it, admire it, absolutely want to wear it or whether I find it just intrusive and harsh. One thing is for sure - I like it (mostly) in homeopathic doses on some days, on others it sticks to me like scratchy herb that I want to get rid of. And yet : something about him I like very much, especially on good mood days
Challenging elegance
He's moved back in. First spray on the paper. Nah, there's something missing... to my memory. The WOOOOW effect... the Galbanum was stronger..., then. or?
Then on the skin... hui.. was the always soooo cool- bitter-herb- cold-clear- Are there female gentlemen? ;-)?
Nah, no longer fits to me, or
"Mama... say smells like the old days (was my mother's signature). Was the always so with edge, so tart and somewhat angular... I had the EDP rounder in memory
Mom:". YES. Absolutely. It smells like it used to. So cool-elegant-unique." Nothing changed- like back in the late 70s - early 80s.

Now I have in on my skin, for some time. I have the feeling that it becomes softer, more pleasing after about 1 hr.Somewhat warmer rounder . But of course light years away from a "warm" fragrance.

Yes golden, as a previous commenter wrote, it smells a bit now. Green-gold ... I think I will wear it only in really warm temperatures, then it will cool and hopefully melt more with my skin chemistry.
It still smells "put on" on me (as I find many chypre do at one time on me-( Coriandre also has this effect-). He does not melt with me.
The fragrance is already brilliant. So far from the mainstream and the zeitgeist, which is z Zt often gourmandig sweet, florally trivial, or exhaustingly fruity.
Scherrer is really the white pantsuit- he is zero romantic, he is so sophisticated, elegant, neat.-
The woman who wears it grows with it. He smells incredibly classy, expensive, confident, grown up and somehow.... Upper class... ;-D- not nouveau riche, but grand dame with esprit....
At the same time not old- but imho also nothing for a very young woman.
He says; distance, but when he is longer on the skin, then he becomes feminine and more approachable..
Let's see how it goes on with us both...
Duftsucht
I throw in the towel, I raise the flag, I raise my hands.....
...I give up. With "Scherrer" I literally can't really smell a single fragrance. Inspired by the brave blind testers in the blog and Water Lily's good example, I write first what I mean to smell and then (sometimes to my great surprise) compare the impressions with the pyramid at the end.
And with this scent I can only raise my hands and say "I surrender". The only thing I wrote down: "Citrus-fresh-green right at the beginning, resinous-spicy, moss-spicy, not vanilla, unsweet! Still not tart, clearly floral. Soap-creamy. Beautifully old-fashioned". Very skinny, I know: Please don't laugh at me for this!
Even now, looking at the pyramid, I can't say much more about the fragrance components. But I can tell you this. After a week so full that I constantly forgot which day of the week it was and after the third, very, very short night in a row due to work, I was looking for a fragrance this morning that envelops me, envelops me, protects me and lets me come to rest. And this is what "Scherrer" does to perfection. Soft and spicy, this fragrance envelops me and I breathe in deeply, feeling how calmness spreads within me, a walk full of leisure, which leads past fragrant flowers and trees, cool mossy stones, clear bubbling springs - into the heart of the forest, to ancient trees, under whose dense protective roof the smell of the forest floor, the resins and mosses catches. Now I'm all in today, with me, enjoying myself - and last week falls into the past as if by magic. And I'm sure: Tomorrow, you can come, I'm ready for you, for all the new things you'll bring me...

Thank you, Scherrer!

by Blödel
........................... es grünt so Chypre .........................
by Agrafena
by Agrafena
Ein Traum in grün
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular Jean-Louis Scherrer

Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer One Love by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes (1993) (Eau de Parfum) / Indian Nights by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes (2013) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer (Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 01 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 03 by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Homme by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 02 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes / Indian Nights (1993) (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Miss Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer