Nuits Indiennes (2013)

Version from 2013
Nuits Indiennes (2013) by Jean-Louis Scherrer

Nuits Indiennes (2013) is a popular perfume by Jean-Louis Scherrer for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Lemon, Bergamot, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Sandalwood, Patchouli

Submitted by Joe, last update on 30.12.2019.

7.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10

An Indian tiger without claws
It was in September 2017 when we sat at the harbour for dinner in southern France. As it is, the terrace was full and everyone was in a good mood and enjoyed the evening. Suddenly a woman ran by and had a smell on her that captured not only me but the whole terrace. Wow, what a scent! She literally floated past us with this scent and it hung in the air minutes later. My husband wasn't the only visitor to inquire about that scent. Unfortunately she was already gone and I couldn't ask anymore. It was a soft, velvety slightly spicy fragrance - clearly an Oriental.

Although I'm more of a friend of the fresh flower scents I was fascinated by this Duftaura - I had to have it! Now I have rushed on everything oriental and have sniffed, ordered samples and bottlings, but none was it. I tested Coco, Samsara, Joop, Shalimar and other common suspects. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Everyone has a rather old-fashioned touch for me. I then left it and gave up my undertaking, almost forgot it until I noticed this scent again on my holiday in 2018. And this time I could immediately ask the wearer: It was Scherrer Nuit inddienne!!! A brand unknown to me until then. It was also bought immediately, because here in Germany Scherrer is rather hard to get. The fashion house Scherrer is probably also known in the fashion world for its exclusive creations.

Now to the fragrance: Nuit inddienne starts directly floral exotic spicy fresh. It reminds a little bit of Chanel No5 in this starting phase. The soapy aldehyde it may be. However, this impression changes quite quickly and makes room for extremely soft ylang ylang flowers, heliotrope and vanilla. Later accompanied by creamy sandalwood, wonderful benzoin and amber. But all in all a very homogeneous and incredibly mysterious sensual and feminine fragrance that captivates me from beginning to end and envelops me like a silky veil of fragrance. Nuit indienne is extremely extravagant and can be worn on special evenings or occasions. He needs a big robe to work. But he does, too. It gives a shell of soft exoticism and velvety femininity. An unusually beautiful fragrance for the grand entrance. The Sillage is in the high range, the durability is enormous with at least 10 hours.

Conclusion: Nuit indienne is a great seducer and flatterer. An unusual fragrance for the evening and for special occasions. He'd be too opulent for my office. The flowers make it a modern floral for women aged 25 and over who love a big appearance, life and warm fragrances. I got to know him in summer and find him wonderful for summer evenings. In our latitudes it is more suitable for autumn and winter.

by Twinkle
by Augenweide
by Loveluxury
by Loveluxury

Popular Jean-Louis Scherrer

Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer One Love by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes (1993) / Indian Nights by Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer (Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 03 by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Homme by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Miss Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 01 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 02 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 Limited Edition by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Homme (Après Rasage) by Jean-Louis Scherrer