One Love by Jean-Louis Scherrer
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff

One Love is a popular perfume by Jean-Louis Scherrer for women and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-green. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums.

Thomas Fontaine

Top Notes Top NotesViolet leaf, Mimosa, Bergamot, Lemon, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Lilac, Magnolia, Woods
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seed, Vetiver, Oakmoss

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.12.2019.

8.0 4.0 5.0 5.0/10

Aaaaah........ ooooooooh...? Menno!
I was impressed by comments and statements and was enraptured to buy this fragrance blind. That's how it is sometimes when you think you know how "that" has to smell after studying fragrance pyramids, reviews and hymns of praise... :). (Know what I mean...?)
And no matter which fragrances I have already tested or call my own, there always remains in some hidden corner of my being the longing for the sacred "fragrance"-Gral...

ONE LOVE came, and barely on my skin, I thought "Aaaaaaaah" and "Ooooooh" and devotedly "Jaaaah"...
but, what shall I tell you...? the auspicious joy of the blossoms, which immediately elicited a smiling ray from me, was followed by clammy sadness in desolate green coolness. Not pretty, not pretty at all...
It is to be noted that I can love green smells quite - however here in the process a green-herb dampness shows up, which depresses me straight. And that's not all, the drydown even adds a rejecting brittle to it.
A brittleness that is not of the sympathetically charming individuality that I like... No, a brittle one with bulkiness and an annoying "wäwäwäwäääääh" (falling intonation - you know that) - and then leave me alone in a musty, damp cellar corner (and take my candle with me!)
Even less beautiful...

ONE LOVE is for me - even after several attempts - a tragedy in three acts:
1. Act (promising + confident): "Aaaaaaah...!"
2. Act (sad + clearly quieter, possibly trembling lower lip): "oooooh, please no..."
3. Act (annoyed, but too polite to get really rough): "Menno! Geh´weg And give me the candle so I can get out as soon as possible!

ONE LOVE is a No Go for me because of its course. The durability is at me - thank God - less than mediocre. So there is no big damage; I "only" got one fragrance experience richer; one that I don't have to repeat :).

The Fragrance Grail - of which I have been pretty sure for quite some time - doesn't exist and can't exist; first of all, I'm not and won't always be the same myself (and can't and doesn't want to smell or be perceived that way all the time), and secondly, it's always too much fun to fathom out whether I'll find YOU some day (Fragrance of course :)):
The ever-goer, the soul comforter, the protective shield, the aura, the heart, the raised head, the sure step, the lightheartedness, the radiance, the warmth, the benevolence and the openness - a fragrance which expresses no more and no less as deeply felt humanity...
Well, that's a bit much to ask!
And, of course, I hope to be human even without fragrance.... But MIT often makes it more fun, is sometimes a little simpler, friendlier, sunnier...

I'd love to keep looking around. There are still sooo many beautiful plays :)
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Irene6177
It's not for little girls!
First of all I am rather the boyish jeans type, sporty casual and no "female". I don't like sweet, heavy Orientals and wear men's fragrances as well as some for ladies. At some point in my young years a Scherrer flew to me, no idea what his name was at that time, he was much too sweet for me, too heavy, too madamic. Since then - and that was more than 20 years ago - the Scherrer brand has become completely uninteresting for me. By chance, I came across the "One Love" these days. The name is now rather not for me, because I do not like kitsch stuff and also the bottle is rather subordinated with me, for me only the content counts and I wanted to approach it on the basis of the list of ingredients and also the comments. I have indulged in him blindly and what can I say: horny! If I had to name an actress who perfectly embodies him for me, I would spontaneously think of Grace Kelly and Laureen Bacall. Cool, a hint of tart, with pleasantly fresh green touches and damn self-confident and style-conscious. This is the One Love - nothing for little girls with ribbons and sweet sugar bow! The prelude is even a trace strict, that scared me off with the first time sniffing almost a trace, but that gave itself completely fast. Mimosa, bergamot and a hint of lemon are clearly perceptible to me. It is a fragrance that fits wonderfully into the warm season, it lets the sun shine even brighter, the warmth unfold more beautifully on the skin and it is simply ingeniously bright and clear, almost like champagne for the throat! The woods are quickly recognizable in the foreground, which I find wonderfully beautiful, I love spicy wooden scents.....for me, by the way, he is not a trace creamy, as I could read here so many times, I rather find that he comes dry-soft. It is the perfect complement for a self-confident woman who knows what she wants and will not let herself be taken butter from bread in any situation of life. It never becomes obtrusive, nor does it come to the fore too much, especially as it becomes less present over time, but not fleeting. The lilac gives it depth and elegance, the oak moss gives it the green astringency that I like very much, especially in summer. He comes along on a quieter sole, but he really doesn't have to hide, he symbolizes strength and straightforwardness for me and also gives a bit of self-confidence. I love vetiver in the exit and it can be sniffed out on my wrist for a long time....I noticed that it has a long breath, both on the skin and on the clothes. I would say it always leaves - maybe not at minus 15 degrees, but at sports, in the office, in the plane, in church, in the evening and also at night ;-) it is simply something fine, noble with addictive factor!

Creamy. Simply creamy.
the prelude is so green and leafy that you can hardly believe how it changes within the next 30 minutes. i have hardly ever experienced anything like this with a fragrance.
He'll be
Cool noble - totally white cream - absolute cultivated scent. Thereby grown up ladylike without being stuffy, exactly my "search". BUT: why does he annoy me after a while (on me). Somehow it is creamy, yes creamy, cool creamy - but simply "only" cool creamy and more does not come. can you say that it is relatively one-dimensional?
Alk child in the 80s we had a neighbour, dark haired and ALWAYS she wore from head to toe WHITE! Mrs. Dippel, the elegant sporty neighbour just pulled it off. In winter white quilted jackets, in summer white jeans, a white convertible, she was one hundred percent presented with white tulips by her noble husband
One LOve (the name is by the way more fitting than gedacht- one love for white cream and nothing else ;-??
would have been the perfect scent for Mrs. Dippel.
White. Creamy, well-groomed, but at some point almost boring, although it would be mean to call this stringent unobtrusiveness boring - but with me One Love unfortunately has the effect,..

I'm still a long way from being a super-sneaky perfume... that's why my question is, What ingredient makes this white creaminess so creamy? In my opinion Iris looks more powdery and I don't feel him powdery. maybe something dry like a powder can... but... I'll get back to it... it's creamy simply soft white cream in scented version....
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Serenissima
how beautiful: finally a Scherrer fragrance loves me!
I already described my unrequited love for the Scherrer classic for years in my comment from November 2017.
How beautiful I feel this scent and how little he can give me back: the "fish blood" in me denies him the unfolding to full beauty.
So I could only ever parrot a little enviously with my mother and my girlfriend; even now, decades after the first attempts, we both didn't harmonize at all!
It was the experience we have with some men: we don't get the ones we want!
(Should we "get" them anyway, they often turn out to be a "deceptive package" and so it turns out that everything is in order and nothing should be forced.)

Against this background, I became curious when I found a bottle of Scherrer's "One Love" in the "to go" folder of a dear perfumer.
I am allowed to let off steam there and so I put this fragrance on my wish list after looking at the pyramid.
The fragrance letter came quite fast and I could already test this Scherrer fragrance in the last days!

A miracle happened: "One Love" loves me!
We harmonize with each other, enjoy each other and will probably spend more time together!
Although this bottle also pays homage to an almost puristic beauty (it reminds me a little of a work of art from Art Deco), the content differs considerably from the classic and spicy elegance that distinguishes the first Scherrer fragrance.

This "Scherrer" is probably made exactly for me flower child: he lies so completely on the line of my preferences.
The mimosa alone belongs to my heart; its slightly bitter sensibility delights me again and again.
It is supported here by fruity lemon and the frequently found bergamot.
A mixture that is rounded off by the "green" scent of the violet leaf.
The noble saffron is here a very luxurious addition, which emphasizes this Entrée from the habitual.
The heart delights every lover of spring flowering plants: fragrant lilac, captured here in large, heavy umbels, and an iris that goes very well with it, are combined with the growing delicacy of the magnolia blossom. Her delicate, a little fragile scent is not drowned out here, surprisingly.
The dosage happens very consciously, very skillfully.
Woods in light nuances underline the previous fragrant lightness and flowery freshness.
The course of the fragrance meanders harmoniously through time like a quietly flowing stream, finally meeting the precious Ambrettesamen, whose luminous sensuality is now unfolding.
Vetiver and the mossy-earthy note of oakmoss add the finishing touches to this scented painting.
Thus it is led to a sensual, loving climax, the tender embrace of which is very welcome to me at the moment. The two of us can cuddle together wonderfully.
"One Love" conveys warmth and closeness and the incomparable feeling of simply being loved in this moment!
The question of what constitutes this spell can only be answered with a "nothing special, but everything".

One Love" by Jean-Louis Scherrer is characterized by beautiful durability and appealing sillage.
After-spraying gives pleasure; the first fragrant impression is pleasant, the following course of fragrance simply beautiful and lovable.
This fragrance is more modern and appeals to a completely different type of woman than its beautiful and classic predecessor; unfortunately for me, this is not an option.
Why should we both be raped when there is an alternative that suits me so well?

So I would like to thank a very special dear being here in our community, who always cares for me so lovingly and entertains me so wonderfully.

"One Love" is certainly not the big, all-embracing love! Who's expecting them?
However, I am quite sure that our forthcoming togetherness will have a certain and certainly very harmonious time ahead of us So now I am on the "hunt" for one of these beautiful flacons, which is home to this wonderful cape of warmth and protecting love for me

One love - 1 Liebe wie eine Himmelsschnur. Im Himmel wurde sie geboren, wurde gleich einer Schnur auf die Erde herab gelassen, durfte lange bleiben. Nun wurde es wieder eingeholt, dieses einzige himmlische Band der Liebe... da ist nur Dankbarkeit...
by Santalwalti
by ClarasTante
by Turandot
by Turandot

Popular Jean-Louis Scherrer

Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes (1993) / Indian Nights by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits Indiennes (2013) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Nuits de Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Jean-Louis Scherrer (Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 03 by Jean-Louis Scherrer S de Scherrer Homme by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 (Eau de Parfum) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Femme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean-Louis Scherrer Miss Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 01 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Pop Delights 02 by Jean-Louis Scherrer Scherrer 2 Limited Edition by Jean-Louis Scherrer Immense pour Homme (Après Rasage) by Jean-Louis Scherrer