1000 Eau de Parfum

1000 (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou
Bottle Design Louis Süe / Lutz Herrmann
1000 (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean Patou for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-chypre. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Designer Parfums. Pronunciation

Jean Kerléo

Top Notes Top NotesOsmanthusOsmanthus BergamotBergamot Violet leafViolet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesRoseRose JasmineJasmine GeraniumGeranium Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood OakmossOakmoss

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 06.05.2022.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume 1000 (Parfum) by Jean Patou, which differs in concentration.

Oriane
Another Victim of Reformulation Perhaps?
As I understand it, some Patou fragrances will no longer be made, so after reading quite a few enthusiastic reviews of 1000, I purchased a bottle of the eau de parfum from a well known grey market seller.

There is not much I can say about this one. The top notes are nice enough, but they burn off almost as soon as the perfume dries on my skin. Thereafter, I quickly detect a pretty tame oak moss. I cannot really tease out the other notes.

Performance is not good. Even with eight sprays projection and sillage are practically non-existent. Longevity is not good either. It is not an unpleasant fragrance by any means, but I have Avons and B&BW body sprays with more personality and better performance. I believe my bottle is 100% authentic. Perhaps it is just very old? I have the last incarnation of this fragrance, so perhaps age and reformulation combined are to blame?

I think this is a unisex fragrance wearable in virtually any setting. It is nice enough, but I do not think it is special in any way. If these notes appeal to you, though, and you want to add a piece of perfume history to your collection, then by all means grab a bottle whilst they are still available. I paid around $70 for the 75ml bottle. I think a fairer price would be less than half that amount, though. I could even justify $50 for it if the performance was a lot better. Perhaps I should re-evaluate it in really hot weather? I have worn it in February and March. Once I wear it in Summer, if my opinion changes at all, I will be sure to update my review, but for now, I would say this is just okay and very overpriced at $70. I never smelt the original, so perhaps the original was more of a stunner. It is always sad to have to write a "meh" review of any fragrance, especially one from an historically important house like Jean Patou. Oh, well....c'est la vie....

Fragrance: 4/10
Projection: 3/10
Sillage: 3/10
Longevity: 2/10
Presentation: 6/10

Upper class beauty
The Jean Patou collection is the epitome of elegance. In this upper class family, there are the three sisters Joy, Sublime and 1000. They form a breathtaking floral-chypre trifecta.
"Joy" being the most succesful one, but somewhat cold-hearted and hard to get. In colors she is green and white.
"Sublime" is a warm and kinder one. The mother figure. Orange and gold.
Then there is "1000". She is frolic and delicate. Light yellow and white. Because of her modesty, she is a bit overshadowed by her bigger sisters, but deep down she is a true gem. Certainly the most beautiful of the three.

CatarinaCatarina 2 years ago
A breathtaking chypre with intense alluring florals like a very bold osmanthus. The wooddy mossy long drydown is fantastic. One of my best!
IlinxIlinx 2 years ago
The release year is 2012
MoodypawsMoodypaws 3 years ago
One of the best perfumes I've ever experienced. Floral, warm, timeless. This is no emperor's new clothes, but the full regalia

by Edda2104
by Edda2104
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular by Jean Patou

Patou pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou Sublime (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Vacances (2015) by Jean Patou 1000 (Parfum) by Jean Patou Patou pour Homme Privé by Jean Patou Eau de Patou by Jean Patou Sublime (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou 1000 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou Joy (Parfum) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Chaldée (2013) by Jean Patou Joy (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - L'Heure Attendue (2015) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Deux Amours by Jean Patou Joy Forever (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Patou pour Homme (2013) by Jean Patou Eau de Joy by Jean Patou Joy (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Enjoy by Jean Patou Colony by Jean Patou Adieu Sagesse by Jean Patou