Patou pour Homme 1980Eau de Toilette

Patou pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Patou pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jean Patou for men and was released in 1980. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Jean Kerléo

Bourbon vetiver, Virginia cedar, Mysore sandalwood, Malabar pepper, Clary sage, Pimento

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 03.10.2020.

I had no idea...
... what vintage icon I'm dealing with here.

1 year ago at the flea market, I rummaged through a box of miniatures including OVPs.
Hmm, flashy vintage cardboard, mini still full. I'll take it with me. :-)

Fortunately, I hadn't opened it yet either.

Now I know what we're dealing with.

Same league as Aigner's Superfragrance for Men or Mark Cross Edt.

Drseid
Not Quite As Good As Prive, But A Masterpiece Of The Highest Order Regardless...
After being completely amazed at the brilliance of Patou pour Homme Prive, I decided to throw caution to the wind and bought a bottle of Patou pour Homme at the extremely inflated eBay prices...

Patou pour Homme opens with a big blast of lavender, tarragon and clary sage. Similar to Prive, the lavender in Patou pour Homme is one of the rare few that I actually enjoy. Moving to the heart notes, I get a lot of fir and vetiver, but only hints of patchouli and geranium with some of the leather from the base notes peeping through. Finally, the ever so slightly animallic base is loaded with oakmoss, coupled with a good dose of sandalwood and that leather accord I noticed earlier. Patou pour Homme has excellent strength and longevity with average sillage.

I have to admit that while I love Patou pour Homme and don't regret the blind buy one iota, I am not quite as enamored with it as I was with its sister scent released 10+ years later, Prive. I find Patou pour Homme to be more formal and less versatile of the two, kind of loosely reminding me of vintage Derby by Guerlain (not a bad thing to be sure). I am happy to have it in my collection, but would probably have just bought a large decant at today's prices if I could do it all over, spending the savings on a backup bottle of Prive. Don't shoot me, but I give Patou pour Homme an excellent 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5. Superb, just not quite "the best" to my nose, at least. Another winner from genius nose Jean Kerleo!

Der Duft ist netterweise noch nicht verfallen
by Ustad
by Gerus525
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Jean Patou

Sublime (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou 1000 (Parfum) by Jean Patou 1000 (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Vacances (2015) by Jean Patou Joy (Parfum) by Jean Patou Eau de Patou by Jean Patou Patou pour Homme Privé by Jean Patou Joy (1984) (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - L'Heure Attendue (2015) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Chaldée (2013) by Jean Patou 1000 (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Patou Moment Suprême by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Patou pour Homme (2013) by Jean Patou Collection Héritage - Deux Amours by Jean Patou Joy (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Joy Forever (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Patou Enjoy by Jean Patou Eau de Joy by Jean Patou Ma Liberté by Jean Patou Colony by Jean Patou