Classique Eau de Parfum

Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design: Jean Paul Gaultier, Saint Gobain

Classique (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla orchid, Narcissus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood absolute, Tonka bean, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Kalix, last update on 29.06.2019

7.0 8.0 10.0 7.5/10

A powerful perfume
I have tested Gaultier's EDP Classique several times. I always wondered, do you like it? I'm still undecided. The prelude is violent, heavy, lush. It's like being tied up and thrown into a flower bed and then lying unconsciously fogged under flowers whose heavy sweet scents take your breath away. After some time of the half-powerful twilight sleep in the flower fog - so after approx. 5-6 hours, the evening slowly approaches. I wake up, it has become cooler and I am wrapped in a comforting, warm and soft blanket, a smell that strokes you like a loving touch and flows to you: I am there, I protect you, let you fall. Creamy, gentle and soft. A touch of sweetness can still be felt, but it doesn't kill you like that anymore, but is more sensual and feminine.

If I ever get it, I would put it on before bedtime in the evening to make it bearable and comfortable the next morning. For me it's a winter scent, in summer it's too heavy and heavy

Like made for a 50's barbie doll
Classique is a fitting fragrance for a classy lady. One that proudly wears a cherry red lipstick, black liquid eyeliner and black high heeled shoes. Somehow it reminds me of a 50's Barbie doll. I do not have many opportunities to wear her, but when I do, it's with a cherry red lipstick. Somehow I feel with her no other lipstick will do.

Classique Eau de Parfum
When I first sprayed this on I thought "uh oh." The first blast is a bit overpowering but I find it dissipates really quickly. Ahhhh, instant relief! It turns into something really special and beautiful. I can see why so many people have this and love it so much. They sure named this perfume well. It certainly smells like a "classic." It's smooth, warm and rich. Smells "high class" to me. I can smell the vanilla, rose and amber on my skin. It seems to stay linear throughout which I don't mind at all as I love the smell! I love the Eau de Parfum version but I don't like the Eau de Toilette version at all. That one smells sharp and stinky to me. This one is so much nicer. I don't find it too strong or overpowering at all. Simply gorgeous!
10.0 7.5 10.0 9.0/10

Sculptured Beauty
I love the lingerie clad 'torso', and I love Gaultiers taste and sense of style (I'll even forgive him that he 'borrowed' the design for his torso ladies from a favorite vintage of mine: Shocking by Elsa Schiaparelli.) The truth is; I would forgive him anything because he is a scent-genie! I would love to own all his perfumes (if they only were a bit more budget friendly! - sigh) because they all have a certain "je ne sais quoi" about them. He is a bit crazy, but in a very, very good way!

Jean Paul Gaultiers Classique is a beloved favorite of mine. It never bores and is so well made that I really can't tell much of the notes apart. Yes; there is jasmine, a warm vanilla, a hint of anise, amber and ylang-ylang and much much more. And it all seems to rest on a sexy unusual amber. The note composition is so expertly interwoven that I don't know how it works, but it just does! And how! If I don't have a bottle I miss it. It's so sexy, classy and unique.
On my skin it smells like no other scent I have. It melts into me and becomes an extension of my personality. To me a hall mark of a great fragrance is that when you wear it, you feel like a 'prettier you' well, this one makes me feel that way. People always ask me what I am wearing and most go and purchase a bottle for themselves after I tell them what makes me smell so 'modern chic' in a very french style.

One day I will own all of them: *rattles piggy bank and dreams* In the mean time, if you don't know it, you must sniff it, it might be the scent you've been looking for!
7.5 7.5 7.0/10

The classic that is Classique
To clear up any confusion that this review may bring about, I have tried the EDP concentration of Classique, in a woman's torso shaped bottle with intricate, lace-like detailing. From what I've heard, the EDT and EDP are two entirely different scents.

This fragrance is a warm floral. It speaks to me as the essential feminine scent, one that is indeed very classic in its appeal. It does have a rather oriental feel, possibly due to the anise, ginger, plum, vanilla and amber.

Classique is often difficult to describe. It's recognizable in the sense that it's a popular scent, however when worn on the skin it stirs up so many different opinions. I enjoy Classique, I also find it worthy of its acclaim.

This fragrance is heavy, but show me one fragrance that has lasted decades which isn't. It's a mixture of rich floral accords, subtle spices and an interesting creamy sweetness. While I do love this composition, I must admit that the sweetness doesn't work too well with my chemistry.

A wardrobe classic but also perhaps a little overworn, Classique is in my opinion, a love it or a hate it. The same could be said of its male counterpart, Le Male. It's thankfully everything I hoped it would be; sexy, rich, floral and feminine. The perfect fragrance to represent a true woman.

by PennyT