Classique Eau de Parfum

Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Jean Paul Gaultier, Saint Gobain

Classique (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesRose, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla orchid, Narcissus
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Sandalwood absolute, Tonka bean, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Kalix, last update on 17.06.2020.

A powerful perfume
I have tested Gaultier's EDP Classique several times. I always wondered, do you like it? I'm still undecided. The prelude is violent, heavy, lush. It's like being tied up and thrown into a flower bed and then lying unconsciously fogged under flowers whose heavy sweet scents take your breath away. After some time of the half-powerful twilight sleep in the flower fog - so after approx. 5-6 hours, the evening slowly approaches. I wake up, it has become cooler and I am wrapped in a comforting, warm and soft blanket, a smell that strokes you like a loving touch and flows to you: I am there, I protect you, let you fall. Creamy, gentle and soft. A touch of sweetness can still be felt, but it doesn't kill you like that anymore, but is more sensual and feminine.

If I ever get it, I would put it on before bedtime in the evening to make it bearable and comfortable the next morning. For me it's a winter scent, in summer it's too heavy and heavy
A good smelling figure!
Soo, as you can see, I'm commenting on another women's scent. But this time everything went much easier than usual! No, I didn't have a sample of this scent here, so I had to test it normally in the city, in the middle of the female public. So far, so bad! D
However, for once, luck was on my side, because the shop was rebuilt, so that there were less customers. And the employees in the fragrance department were busy rearranging or rebuilding shelves so that they didn't even notice me.

I almost noticed myself, as I almost wanted to help two girls to put down a shelf, as they had made it so unnecessarily difficult for themselves and their effort was clearly visible in their faces. I mean, if you want to place a glass plate with arms trembling with effort somewhere else, then take all the fragrances off it first, then it is much easier to change it! But no, the main thing is that you're lazy, because you don't want to take down the 15 boxes quickly, which would take about seven seconds longer,... because you have to put them all back on afterwards. Which takes another seven seconds, oh god, that's unreasonable! DD

Well, since they didn't see me, I thought that I could quickly spray a women's scent again (just to comment on it instead of using it, of course... I'm not one of those guys who wear women's clothes, like sweet hot delicious smelling perfumes,... or lingerie or something, just to be clear! :DD). Well, and my choice was this Gaultier fragrance, because the bottle had such a nice special edition. I mean, what is this "lady" wearing on the bottle? Underwear? Lingerie? Hot lingerie? Lingerie or whatever you might call it? Hm... I should rather not continue to list them, because firstly I underline my ignorance and secondly I would probably accidentally list all the "keywords" or "tags" that you,... well, in various filthy pages you enter everything... umm... *cough* ... so better go to the fragrance description quickly!

The smell:
The fragrance quickly begins with a great rum note, which exudes a good "going out" aura. I perceive the roses less, better here are the somewhat tart narcissus, which, however, already weakens in the heart note, as the fragrance quickly becomes softer and sweeter, which is probably due to the vanilla. Of course, the scent is still flowery, but the narcissus is soon in the background (even if you can always recognize the distinctive scent of the narcissus when you sniff it). Whether the "other" floral scents come from the vanilla orchid, I cannot say. I didn't even know that vanilla orchids even existed, let alone how they smell. But since I smell a vanilla note as described, I assign this scent to this very flower.
... On the other hand, however, the vanilla becomes stronger as the wine progresses, so that all this could also come from the bourbon vanilla... presumably it is a combination of both, but in the later base one smells vanilla more than floral notes. This keeps the scent sweetish, soft and slightly powdery. To the sweet notes the amber is added for a while, but later the vanilla overshadows it. The background is light and finely woody, and in my opinion it goes very well with the sweetish soft vanilla (and the light tonka bean).

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite good, not a real firecracker, but nevertheless one leaves a good scent cloud, which could be a little bit room filling, especially at the beginning. But in a nice way, as the smell is quite pleasant.
The durability is very long. The scent lasts easily from morning to evening, a time specification is unnecessary here, because as said, it lasts looong :D

The bottle! Ooooh, the bottle is very sexy again. You can see a shapely, female body with the corresponding curves, which is also pleasant to hold in the hand (how that sounds again...!). The special edition here "wears" red lingerie or something like that (as I said, I don't know how exactly you would call that now,... Yeah yeah, laugh... :D) and looks great.
I have to admit that I've always liked the Gaultier bottles, well, the women's bottles of course, because the men's bottles have a step you can feel :D Apart from that, the female body is just more aesthetic, um but I digress again. So, the bottle is pretty great! br />
Soo, I had only known the Classique fragrance here as EDT before. Or as the Eau Fraîche Edition. I really liked the EDP here, and unlike the Eau Fraîche, the fragrance has surprisingly few or no synthetic notes. Instead, it smells wonderful, very seductive and therefore very feminine, making it a wonderful and sexy fragrance to use in autumn and winter. Maybe even in spring, as it's not even soo heavy and oppressive. At least I had the feeling that it is a bit more relaxed than, for example, the equally super Classique Essence de Parfum.

Anyway, it's a highly recommended scent. I would say that you should try it, but the scent has been around for so many years that you probably know it for a long time and I am the only hick who has never tried it before... :D

Like made for a 50's barbie doll
Classique is a fitting fragrance for a classy lady. One that proudly wears a cherry red lipstick, black liquid eyeliner and black high heeled shoes. Somehow it reminds me of a 50's Barbie doll. I do not have many opportunities to wear her, but when I do, it's with a cherry red lipstick. Somehow I feel with her no other lipstick will do.

Classique Eau de Parfum
When I first sprayed this on I thought "uh oh." The first blast is a bit overpowering but I find it dissipates really quickly. Ahhhh, instant relief! It turns into something really special and beautiful. I can see why so many people have this and love it so much. They sure named this perfume well. It certainly smells like a "classic." It's smooth, warm and rich. Smells "high class" to me. I can smell the vanilla, rose and amber on my skin. It seems to stay linear throughout which I don't mind at all as I love the smell! I love the Eau de Parfum version but I don't like the Eau de Toilette version at all. That one smells sharp and stinky to me. This one is so much nicer. I don't find it too strong or overpowering at all. Simply gorgeous!

Sculptured Beauty
I love the lingerie clad 'torso', and I love Gaultiers taste and sense of style (I'll even forgive him that he 'borrowed' the design for his torso ladies from a favorite vintage of mine: Shocking by Elsa Schiaparelli.) The truth is; I would forgive him anything because he is a scent-genie! I would love to own all his perfumes (if they only were a bit more budget friendly! - sigh) because they all have a certain "je ne sais quoi" about them. He is a bit crazy, but in a very, very good way!

Jean Paul Gaultiers Classique is a beloved favorite of mine. It never bores and is so well made that I really can't tell much of the notes apart. Yes; there is jasmine, a warm vanilla, a hint of anise, amber and ylang-ylang and much much more. And it all seems to rest on a sexy unusual amber. The note composition is so expertly interwoven that I don't know how it works, but it just does! And how! If I don't have a bottle I miss it. It's so sexy, classy and unique.
On my skin it smells like no other scent I have. It melts into me and becomes an extension of my personality. To me a hall mark of a great fragrance is that when you wear it, you feel like a 'prettier you' well, this one makes me feel that way. People always ask me what I am wearing and most go and purchase a bottle for themselves after I tell them what makes me smell so 'modern chic' in a very french style.

One day I will own all of them: *rattles piggy bank and dreams* In the mean time, if you don't know it, you must sniff it, it might be the scent you've been looking for!

The classic that is Classique
To clear up any confusion that this review may bring about, I have tried the EDP concentration of Classique, in a woman's torso shaped bottle with intricate, lace-like detailing. From what I've heard, the EDT and EDP are two entirely different scents.

This fragrance is a warm floral. It speaks to me as the essential feminine scent, one that is indeed very classic in its appeal. It does have a rather oriental feel, possibly due to the anise, ginger, plum, vanilla and amber.

Classique is often difficult to describe. It's recognizable in the sense that it's a popular scent, however when worn on the skin it stirs up so many different opinions. I enjoy Classique, I also find it worthy of its acclaim.

This fragrance is heavy, but show me one fragrance that has lasted decades which isn't. It's a mixture of rich floral accords, subtle spices and an interesting creamy sweetness. While I do love this composition, I must admit that the sweetness doesn't work too well with my chemistry.

A wardrobe classic but also perhaps a little overworn, Classique is in my opinion, a love it or a hate it. The same could be said of its male counterpart, Le Male. It's thankfully everything I hoped it would be; sexy, rich, floral and feminine. The perfect fragrance to represent a true woman.

Schattentattoo - Dankeschön
by Seejungfrau
Dankeschön :)  der Schatten glimmt wirklich fantastisch in der Abendsonne - als würde ihr innerstes leuchten
by Seejungfrau
by JJ84
by NikkRouse10
by NikkRouse10

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier