Classique Essence de Parfum 2016

Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier
Top 53 in Women's Perfume
Classique Essence de Parfum is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Daphné Bugey

Top Notes Top NotesChili, Ginger, Cream
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesCachalox, Musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.10.2020.

Laurana77
Divine! Heavenly Gourmande Delights!
An absolutely beautiful perfume from Jean Paul Gaultier (JPG). This is such a gorgeous scent. It's orange blossom-dominant which is one of my absolute favourite fragrances, and just a few sprays on different pulse points goes a long way indeed. The sillage is excellent, radiating out at least 4-5 feet from the body if not more, so a little goes a long way. The divine fragrance also lasts for between 5-6 hours, if not longer, with the scent lingering on the clothes on has worn. This is a perfume which will turn heads, and it's a divine fragrance that, just by spritzing it on your skin, will uplift your mood, and envelop you in a feeling that you're floating on cloud 9!

I'd been eagerly awaiting its arrival by post this morning, and have definitely been rewarded with a heavenly fragrance. As soon as it was opened and I sprayed upon pulse points, the scent was a sweet, spicy, syrupy honey-like ginger ale. It was very heavy and dense and yet the sweetness was in no way cloying or too much. There's a honey-like texture, almost caramel. Intriguingly, it's somehow both thick and sparkling and bright all at the dame time!The ginger is well balanced by the orange blossom and the aldehydes which alone carry a vanilla-like scent. The vanilla lets one know it's a Classique but the Essence is more vanilla-based and spicy with the most gorgeous orange blossom, along with actual whipped cream, honey, almonds and some beginning notes of jasmine as the mid notes slowly begin to appear.

The mid notes became evident as creamy white florals appearing on my skin and, in the notes, there's jasmine and orange blossom. The orange blossom's definitely more noticeable which is one of my favourite scents alone let alone in this gorgeous swirl of aromas. I thought there was a hint of tuberose but that's not part of the official list of notes so maybe it's the mix of benzoin with tangerine. The florals are full and rich but never cloying, and they're sweet and slightly powdery.

Also in the mid range, there's a wonderful very creamy texture. In the notes, whipped cream is listed and this gives us whipped cream with very sweet vanilla, orange blossom, and other beautiful floral notes. There's also benzoin which gives a honey-like, syrupy, caramel-like texture. And one can still smell the ginger spice. This beautiful perfume is an orange-blossom heavy floral, with spicy oriental gourmande quite literally with vanilla and whipped cream on top!

The dry-down of the perfume is extremely smooth. It smells quite similar to the mid notes on my skin. As mentioned earlier, it's quite long-lasting, easy to wear and an incredibly sexy and sophisticated perfume. It's reminiscent of Alien Essence Absolute by Thierry Mugler in the sense that just as the former feels so rich, deep, dark, thick and heavy, so does one get that feeling here. So, if you like Mugler's Alien Essence Absolute, you'll very likely love this perfume as well. In the drydown, it's still very sweet and creamy. There's notes of musk and a type of juniper called cade wood which provides even more sensuality. The scent of spicy white florals sits atop a woody base that comes very deep in the drydown.

This is definitely my favourite perfume not just in the Classique line, but from Jean-Paul Gaultier. I just discovered that there's a Classique shower gel and a moisturising body lotion, so those wishing to layer the scent can definitely do so. I definitely intend to purchase the gel and the lotion in the future. However, the perfume alone is quite powerful, and a little truly does go a long way. If you're looking for a sweet, syrupy-like florental gouramande perfume that's extremely easy to wear and which will delight the senses of others around you, then this fragrance is for you. It's an absolutely divine perfume, and I've had compliments from strangers who've wished to know the name of the perfume. It's suitable for any time of the day and any season although I do believe it's likely at its best during the cooler months and in the evenings. JPG's Classique Essence EDP is a sophisticated, sexy, absolutely feminine perfume that will leave you feeling like a goddess as soon as you spray it on. If you're in need of a 'pick me up', this fragrance will boost your mood and your confidence. It will attract attention, in a good way, so be prepared for people to stop and ask you if you'd let them know what perfume you're wearing!
Sister from another Mister
Currently I am looking for a replacement for my beloved Alien Essense Absolue, which is supposed to be taken out of the assortment. During my search, I came across a YouTube video claiming that Classique Essence de Parfum was THE fragrance twin of Alien Essence Absolue. And so I went straight to the nearest perfumery to get an impression of it myself.
The first spray on... oh yes, yes, this could really be something. I don't have to worry anymore, the perfect replacement has been found. Who would have thought it would be so easy to...wait...what is THAT?
Suddenly I smelled soap (which I attribute to ginger). And that smell intensified with each passing second. I've wished so badly for both of us to fit. Countless times that night I held my wrist to my nose. And lo and behold, the soap soon evaporated. And when I thought that I had left the worst behind me, an almost unbearable, overwhelming sweetness took her place - as I had already noticed her in "Knot" by Bottega Veneta. After 3 hours I declared the experiment finished by coming home and washing my hands properly.
This is the twin sister of my beloved alien? In any case, the family relationships must be examined more closely.

Mozart1756Mozart1756 11 months ago
Soapy, orange candies. Orange blossom +jasmine and creamy gourmandish. Very delicious. I love it. Combine of fruits, creaminess, florals.

At Night ~ Fresh
by TenderPoison
by Schahram
by Schahram

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Superman Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier