Classique X (2010) Eau de Toilette

Classique X (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier

Classique X (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesIris, Vanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.04.2019

5.0 7.5 5.0/10

A flanker that left me unimpressed
I love the original Classique for women with its delicious oriental feel and sexy floral accords, so when I saw this new Classique X flanker with the raunchy adverstising, I expected something sexier and richer.

I find Classique X a powdery, softer version of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue. Disappointing actually, as I don't like all those citrusy, lemony accords. It's a mixture of sharp citrus and soapy florals on a rich, woodsy base. Not particularly sexy, but refreshing to say the least.

When it comes to the warmer weather I'd be more tempted to reach for Classique Summer 2010, (which was a lovely soapy and flowery scent), over and above Classique X. I think the intention of releasing this fragrance was to have it appeal to women who were not fans of the original Classique.

Although I don't entirely understand the craze over fruity and citrusy scents, they do tend to sell well and are usually big hits for perfume companies. Despite my dislike for this bitter, uneventful fragrance, I have no doubt that there are some women who are quite enamoured with it.

Although the lasting strength is quite good, I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer Jean Paul Gaultier's orientals and masculine offerings. Classique X has missed the mark with me and left me quite cold and unimpressed.

by Jasmine87