Fleur du Mâle 2007

Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Jean Paul Gaultier
Fleur du Mâle is a perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for men and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrainPetitgrain
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroliNeroli
Orange blossomOrange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesBasilBasil
CamomileCamomile
CoumarinCoumarin

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is spanish model Andrés Velencoso.

Smellavision
I was very excited to finally try this composition by Francis Kurkdjian...
even if I feared it being too feminine with all the floral notes. Maybe I was also tempted by the fact that I'm pretty sure the name was meant to play with the outrageous title "Les Fleurs du Mal" released by Baudelaire in the 1850s.

It was not quite how I imagined it but again, florals for men aren't that common these days. The opening is quite prominent, heavy and not to my liking, leaning rather to the feminine side with the petitgrain and neroli.
When the heart notes take over however, this becomes more to my liking with the fern, chamomile, and coumarin/tonka ending on an ambery musky note. Powdery, smoky and a little dry.
Projection and longevity are both good and above moderate on me. Not something I would recommend for work, but more of a casual, fun scent.
Based on the reviews and ratings I expected this to be a scent for spring season, but to me it is much more of a winter (or maybe fall) season scent, at least the sweetness makes it feel too heavy for warmer weather. In the drydown it actually reminds me quite a bit of Ted Lapidus Altamir with the orange blossom and all.

Overall the rather feminine floral notes are not my thing, but my utmost respect for the thoughts and craftmanship put into this.
Robbymax
The man in white is back!
Better late than never, even if in other packaging...
It was my favorite fragrance for years. The Floralen notes and the independence of this fragrance there is hardly a second time (I find)
I've been looking for a dupe for years now, which manages to give me back exactly this smell and the memories associated with it. Now there is it.
I am an absolute fan of originals, but with the one not listed here (Eclat 803) all points apply 99.9% to the Fleur du Male. H/S as then and the fragrance a dream!

I was able to take my trip back to Paris in 2014 with my first sniff when I first discovered it. The beautiful Champs-Elysees!

All the memories back in one fell swoop.
Truly a trip worth!!:)
Composite of orange blossom and great, unmistakable Le Male DNA
It's late and I'm still writing this comment - despite tiredness, despite nerve-wracking work from home and despite various other things that actually need to be done on the side. Why am I doing this? Because I'm in a good mood. Quite simply!

This good mood is the result of a fragrance, which alone due to its invigorating character must provide for a good mood and actually can not otherwise, he would not ... indeed, had it not been discontinued. This wonderful combination of orange blossom and the classic Le Male DNA may well have caused some consumers to be in too much of a "good mood". Strong floral fragrances still seem to be a big problem for many gentlemen. I can't understand that, because oversweetened vanilla and sticky tonka bean broths sell like hotcakes. But floral notes are a problem? Well, it does seem to be if this fragrance hasn't sold often enough. And what do bad sales numbers mean for a product?

You know.

Why I fell in love with "Fleur du Male" right away can be explained in that I am an "APOM Homme" lover, which by the way is also a recently discontinued fragrance. Come to think of it, I'm not sure my good mood isn't about to change. But let's move on.

The not-too-smooth orange blossom makes its grand entrance in this grotesquely pure white bottle, and with just as brute durability and no less subtle sillage as in Kurkdjan's niche orange blossom version in the square bottle, which appeared two years later. Careful dosage is the motto here, if you don't want to scare away your fellow human beings in spring, summer, autumn and winter, i.e. across the seasons. The cross-seasonal wearing, by the way, is the great strength of "Fleur du Male", because while I let "APOM Homme" wet my skin only in spring and summer, because the fragrance only knows how to unfold beautifully in warmth, "Fleur du Male" can also be worn in the deepest winter, so tested two days ago, without having to accept losses in terms of fragrance progression.

Now it read until just as if "APOM Homme" and "Fleur du Male" are pure fragrance twins. That is not so. Truly, they are very similar, but the orange blossom in the former is carried by powdery amber and dry cedar and is thus a bit dustier, while in "Fleur du Male" we smell a combination of a similar, but not quite as dusty orange blossom and the Le Male DNA. This DNA, to my nose, has a great lavender-mint compound at its heart. This may not be listed in the fragrance pyramid, but I recognize it at first smell, my father wears the classic Le Male already since 1995. I grew up with this fragrance, appreciate its DNA even today - especially since my father fortunately belonged and still belongs to those who dose carefully and thus are not to be attributed to the faction who manage to let great fragrances drift into the unbearable for the general public by fighting and much spraying.

Well ... before this is again an all-round scolding and slides into the Schwafelei, I put times a point. So here's the bottom line:

The Mr Kurkdjian has succeeded here a really wonderful fragrance. That he was discontinued, is a shame - probably also for the perfumer himself. More remains not to say.
Pure magic
This fragrance is everything, but definitely not unremarkable and mediocre! Either you can not stand him or you love yes idolizes him! I belong clearly to the second group!
This fragrance is individual, original and unique! He stands out from the masses like no other fragrance! Although there are other enchanting fragrances for me, this fragrance is my absolute favorite! For me, it has an individual charm and sensual magic that are unparalleled! Fleur Du Male can virtually enchant people with its captivating floral and loving fragrance! His fragrance is fascinating and attractive for many people at the same time! He has a touch of romance and invites people to dream! Women are magically attracted by the fragrance and feel as if you had given them a beautiful bouquet of flowers or roses and they just smell it! A heavenly feeling! But also men perceive this fragrance as very pleasant. On them, the scent of beautiful flowers also has a very positive effect!
This fragrance is -as described above- not suitable for every man! For men who want to emphasize through their perfume rather their strength and their masculinity, this fragrance is absolutely unsuitable. It is rather a fragrance for men who want to emphasize their magic, sensuality and seduction through their perfume! This fragrance is a firework of their own individuality and sensuality!
I prefer to wear this fragrance in spring and summer! He fits best to the dawning evening time, when the sun sinks very slowly in the horizon! The fragrance gives this mood then its own very special (fragrance) note and an indescribable feeling of life! This feeling is hardly to be described with words, one must have experienced it simply! I often wear this fragrance with a white, elegant shirt and black cloth pants! This outfit is leaning on the snow-white Falkon! Thus, it is a fashion statement and an homage at the same time! The reactions from those around me have been nothing short of overwhelming so far. I have received beautiful compliments from many women, but also from some men. I just enjoyed it... ;)
Unfortunately, this fragrance (even on the Internet) is no longer available for purchase! :(
I myself could never imagine that this magical fragrance would be taken off the market once and was able to buy some bottles for expensive money just in the last moment! But now not so many men own this magical fragrance! Therefore, next spring and summer (when we will hopefully be able to move without masks again) it will emphasize my individuality in a very special way! This fragrance will then act by its rarity even more tempting! ;)
This very special charm will then seem even more powerful! The sensual magic will then unfold even more and thus be even more enchanting! Heavenly prospects! ;)
Fleur Du Male is thus a very special and individual fragrance! He is for me the expression of a wonderful attitude to life! Lucky can consider himself the one who still owns this heavenly fragrance and lets his magic in the next spring / summer free run! Let your Love flow....

fleur du male i love it
daring
masculine but totally feminine perfume.
Only the most daring will enjoy this great work of the master francis kurdjian.
bestial duration, bestial projection.
I love it.
perfume for winter and for women and men.
Hugh Grant in Bridget Jones
Most of us have probably already come into contact with the film Bridget Jones (or its sequels), either voluntarily or involuntarily.

All in all, a sometimes very cheesy but quite entertaining film series with an actor who is very dear to my heart: Hugh Grant as Daniel Cleaver
And that's exactly what this fragrance is to me.

An over-sexualized character with a rather clumsy appearance and the typical strangely tough Hugh Grant airs and graces.

Fleur du Mâle is a friendly erotic clumsy with a desire for recognition. A kind of brighter modern Joop Homme. Sweet massive, highly cultivated flowers and the typical slightly vanilla aroma of Le Mâle DNA. If you like it, it smells a bit feminine but also provocative. Typical JPG halt.

The course goes from super flowery and sparkling to bouquet with a splash of the ancestor and the durability is bombastic. 8 hours before it becomes a fragrance close to the skin, which is for a good wearable summer fragrance really more than just great.

The Sillage is very strong for the first 5 hours, after that it goes down slowly but is always noticeable.

Who has a heart for very flowery comrades should definitely test this. All others can save their money, because there is absolutely no room for compromise.

The name is so program.
SchatzSucher
Thanks for the flowers, I'll keep them
To the flowers of man or flowers of evil I had wanted to write some lines for a long time. But somehow the muse never really kissed me Le Mâle has accompanied me through life for many years. Meanwhile smiled at and despised by many, dismissed as a chavvy scent, sucked out and copied many times. There may be something to it, but a fragrance gets its reputation from certain people who literally wear it down. And you can't get rid of it so quickly But this is also the case with other successful fragrances. One Million did not fare any different But that's not really what this is about
I always liked Le Mâle very much, but sadly had to realize that the fragrance had to lose much of its former power and beauty over time. At some point I said goodbye to it. Also other impressions were added.
Fleur du Mâle is one of these fragrances that have been added over time. And the fragrance certainly leaves an impression. After all, Gaultier is not exactly discreet and inconspicuous in terms of fashion either, so scents with the Gaultier name shouldn't be harmless sneakers either.

Launched in 2007 and of course again an outrageously provocative Gaultier men's fragrance, where the theme "flowery" has really been shamelessly pushed to the top.
Floral aspects have always accompanied men's fragrances with more or less strong accents, but they were never really highlighted as clearly as here at Fleur du Mâle.
Created by Francis Kurkdjian, born in 1969 in Paris, who in 1995 designed a quite a milestone with Le Mâle and also created some very well-known and popular fragrances for various fragrance houses. Since 2009 he has had his own fragrance label, which is now also very popular.

The fragrance was a gift from my former partner, a thank you for taking care of the apartment and the animals.
At first the scent didn't tell me anything, I was just surprised, Le Mâle in white?
Oh no, that's its own scent First of all, I find the flacon, this pure white torso, incredibly beautiful, this smooth glass feels very nice in the hand and also looks very good on the shelf as a decorative object. For me, the most beautiful men's gaultier torso. Does not look kitschy or cheap in this version, but very aesthetic.

And the scent itself is quite thick. Immediately, this fierce floralness spreads, a thick cloud of petitgrain, neroli and orange blossom almost ready to cut. Very strong, very loud, very floral and in addition very sweet, almost pompous.
These are joined by other flowery impressions. Could jasmine still be present? I would almost like to suspect it. A certain physicality, which Jasmine can often lend scents, seems to float along. The strong sweetness comes from the coumarin, maybe vanilla has been processed as well.
At this point, most men are safely out and take flight in horror, the majority of men are more inclined to woody and spicy scents, masculine and distinctive, freshness and citrus are popular fragrances, classic fougère as well, barbershop appears from time to time Flowers are rare. When they play the leading role in fragrances, they are often seen as feminine. There's nothing wrong with that. And tastes and preferences are completely different anyway So this extraordinary fragrance also splits the minds. It's not quite that simple But I like this creation incredibly well, they have shown daring here and in recent times they have not brought a mass produced and adapted fragrance on the market, they have simply ignored the boundaries between feminine and masculine, a criterion I never really paid attention to anyway, and they have simply gone new ways Unfortunately, one has strayed from this path again recently, which I find regrettable.
But maybe the trend with the arbitrary fresh water will soon be over and you will dare to do something again. Because the fact that you have something in the can doesn't have to be discussed at all.

I prefer to wear Fleur du Mâle in summer, despite the opulent design, the fragrance fits perfectly into the warm season. I have never been offended or unpleasantly noticed with the fragrance before I've read "Aromatherapy" here too. I can also confirm that Fleur du Mâle is in a good mood For this daring and extraordinary fragrance I give the full score. In my opinion, the current rating of medium 6.9 does not quite match the fragrance.
It is a great pity that this fragrance, like Le Mâle Terrible, had to be taken out of circulation. Since the Gaultier fragrances are no longer marketed by Beauté Prestige but by Puig, they had to go For this measure, I immediately demand the reintroduction of corporal punishment for those responsible and the reparation of unforgivable mistakes.
Good thing I took precautions.
4.5
"Les Fleurs du Mal" - The flowers of evil
Charles Baudelaire, one of France's most influential poets, titled his cycle of poems, which was important for the modern age of Western literature, "Les Fleurs du Mal" (The Flowers of Evil). As is so often the case in French, a letter determines a major change in semantics.
The fragrance creation of the French label Jean Paul Gaultier by Francis Kurkdjian, also a compatriot of Baudelaire, could well bear the lyrical title. Kurkdjian, the creator of the classical "Le Male", tried to perform a flowery and optically bright metamorphosis of the classic with this nimbler. In my opinion, the fragrance, which is no longer produced, has little in common with the title and the brilliant white appearance. Rather, a piano lacquered bottle would fit better here.
The fragrance, whose title directly evokes the literary association in me, unfolds a scent image that awakens a further, this time pictorial imagination with a figure of "Hamlet" in me. It is Shakespeare's Ophelia, the unhappy lover of the title hero, who drowns in a water surrounded by flowers. The original text is:

"A willow tree is leaning over the stream
And shows in the clear stream its grey foliage,
With which they fantastically wreathed wand
Of cockfoot, nettles, Maßlieb, cuckoo flowers.
...
Until their clothes, which were heavily drunk,
The poor child of her melodies
Drawn down to the muddy death."

The British artist John Everett Millais captured this scene on canvas - a masterpiece of pre-Raphaelite art. And this same picture already evoked the title of the fragrance for me. When I sprayed the scent on for the first time, I felt as if I stood next to Ophelia's water grave and smelled all those flowers that were transpiring around the slowly sinking water light.
Whoever has the painting in front of their eyes and wears the scent on their skin may be able to feel my connection to Baudelaire, Shakespeare and Millais. So strong an associative image has hardly ever been aroused by a fragrance.
This may also be due to the fact that I have perhaps never experienced such an indescribably strong and expansive scent as the aforementioned Fleur du Male, which actually becomes maliciously dominant with more than two sprayings. I can only confirm the floral note, which attributes his name to him, as well as the numerous descriptions, to a limited extent. As in the painting, for me the fragrance has an antiquated, somewhat stale and slightly musty note throughout, which always reminds me of an overripe splendour of flowers that have already fallen into biological decay. As strongly withered, already more dead than living flowers, so he smells the Fleur. Just as I imagine Ophelia's water grave of wet shore grass, aquatic plants and all the flowers around her. But also with the basic note of a being that is no longer among the living. The aesthetics of the dead, a motif that Baudelaire and later the Expressionists in Germany also took up, can be found in the Fleur. As fascinating as I feel the scent because of its unbelievable durability and projection, so repulsive are the scent wafts, which accompany you up to a day, after a short while, on me. Slight nausea, the smell of organic decay and a constant "Memento Mori" surround me when I wear it. Like a flower of evil! That's why I don't perceive any light scents like Neroli and Petitgrain or chamomile in the Fleur, but always have the image of an exotic giant flower in mind, which grows night-black and toxic in dark and humid places, such as in floodplains. Anything that approaches this flower cannot escape its spell.
The "Fleur du Male", a scented icon, which cannot deny "Le Male" to its ancestors in approaches, is simply unbearable for me. I don't know what the occasion is, nor could I define a type of carrier. It is an olfactory experience that took me into fantastic worlds and at the same time strongly deterred me, as I always felt slightly uncomfortable and surrounded by a breath of decay. He is a beast, he is terrifying, he demands a lot from his wearer and he is definitely not a "crowdpleaser". It has to leave my collection because it is not what I expect from a floral fragrance.
Instead of the man's flower, the Fleur has always been the flower of evil for me! As little as I can bear the mood of expressionism longer, I can carry this scent on my skin. The love between the fragrance and me failed just as dramatically as in Hamlet. I wanted to love him as much as I wanted to love Le Male. But the feelings that the fragrance aroused in me were morbid and so "Fleur du Male" became my Ophelia

One of the best "Le Male" Flankers that I've tried
Up to now, the best "Le Male" flanker, has nothing to do with the mother fragrance, except for some reminiscences in the final drying, of Kurdjian-style musks, which are evidently inspired by the original, but nothing remarkable, could have been an independent perfume perfectly.

Its beginning is of a green and fresh nature, with a very realistic accord of petit grain and a touch of chamomile, which brings that bitter touch characteristic of the infusions, and enhances the output, offering us, the aroma of bitter orange leaves , in a facet little seen, fresh, sparkling, wild and very clear. Slowly, and above the aroma presented, emerges the fragrance of orange blossom, which, little by little, will take over the aroma, but not like the typical white flowers of orange, but as a floral aroma, clean, musky and with shades ajazminados and lactones, a precious aroma, more typical of the mixture of substances such as Hedione, Galaxalide or Nerolidol, than a orange blossom accord itself, although equally, a very beautiful fragrance. Few changes more I can appreciate on my skin, except that the musk, not listed, acquires something more presence in the last hours of the perfume.

The treatment of orange blossom, in this perfume, reminded me at times to Joop! Homme, and have nothing to do with each other, but if it is true that it seems, that the orange blossom chords used in both fragrances, have to have some element in common, because the memory is present, although it is not easy to recognize.

A beautiful and strange perfume, unconventional, and, therefore, not suitable for everyone. In that aspect, I understand its descatalogación, it is not a perfume of massive sales, which is what is sought nowadays, and therefore nothing interesting for the managers of these usurious companies.

As for performance, at least on my skin, it is not as extraordinary as it is said, good longevity and moderate wake, which is not bad at all. The use, I see it more appropriate for warm and temperate climates and indifferently to dress it both day and night, I do not see many drawbacks in that regard.

It is a very beautiful and original aroma, but I also do not see that the hype created around it is very realistic.

Sorry for my bad english.

Powdery blossom and musk
Punchy, vibrant, and type of "hey I'm here" perfume! Opens with deeply overripe orange blossom. It is late spring, the blossoms are falling down and leave the smell dot of fruit behind. The ground is covered with mesmerizing white blossoms. Decay is set in. They are about to spoil and the smell is turning rotten and chemical. This is the neroli used in this fragrance.
I'm disappointed by this opening and I've got bad compliments from this long-term opening. The stubbornly synthetic neroli fades away and chamomile and musk occupy the composition after an hour. At least the core is much better than the opening.
But what I concern much is why "gay" perfumes tend to expose out? Fleur du Mâle is a white powdery musky fougere fragrance with deep floral force.
4.5/10

MatuxMatux 27 days ago
Undoubtedly the right choice for drinking Kir Royale, listening to Etiene Daho and cooking clafuti.
Kazos07Kazos07 6 months ago
BEAST MODE. Good... but for my grandma
AspvlAspvl 1 year ago
Incredible power. The overall vibe is a neroli tinged honeyed orange blossom which is almost indolic. I would also say it is quite animalic!

by DemonHead
by StefanKrenn
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier