Fragile (1999) Eau de Parfum

Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier

Fragile (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Coriander, Orange blossom, Star anise, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Cinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.10.2019

10.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Dreams behind glass
My father always brought me something nice from his business trips - chocolates, perfume and snow globes.

As a teenager, the scents left me relatively cold - the pralines arrived earlier - and the snow balls even more so.

For hours I could dream my way into the small scenes that were wrapped in glass.

I was the lady who circled the Eiffel Tower with her poodle - and I let it snow down on my alter ego from time to time.

Or I stood as a little photographer in front of the Colosseum - in the middle of the snowstorm.

Only later did the fragrances accompany and inspire my fantasy journeys.

That was when my love of fragrance was awakened.

Of course I flew on the Fragile bottle, because it united my preferences.

I was this delicate elegant lady on whom it rained down golden.

And also the scent touched me - because it spoke of glamour and fame.

Proud the rose and beguiling tuberose and ylang.
Vanilla and cinnamon were added very sensually.

This fragile lady behind glass was a femme fatale, a heartbreaker and the star of the Moulin Rouge.

And whenever I held the bottle in my hands, I was YOUR alter ego
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

JetonToni
A seduction that unfortunately hasn't existed for years...
Fragile by Jean Paul Gaultier was the fragrance that had accompanied me very often for several years since 2000, especially at night whether at music events, discos or other celebrations. The scent always fitted!
You were "deliberately" jostled to "smell" and "enjoy" the scent. Very often I was addressed positively by men on the fragrance. It had a clear signal! It didn't just smell "feminine" it smelled of seduction, conquest and standstill.

Not seldom on the dance floor, when I did some dance steps, I felt "breaths" of strangers close around my neck, where I applied fragile (and where I apply fragrances generally). Fragile hypnotizes, one is like the hungry wolf on a hunt for prey and looking for where this fragrance comes from. One is enchanted is fascinated and bewitched.

Fragile's fragrance is dominated by tuberose. A honey sweet tuberose with spicy elements. Actually, this note dominates the whole fragrance.
The fragrance is presented in the form of a snow globe and in an outer packaging "Beware of glass" in a cardboard box. A little misleading: the fragrance is not light and delicate (as you might think from the bottle and the packaging) but heavy and full-bodied.

It smells sunny, heavy, seductive, sensual, sublime, luxurious, conspicuous and and and. Even the classic Classique could never get close to Fragile. It's a pity that this fragrance with the "fragile look" has not been around for years.

In former times there was body powder, deodorant, body lotion, body cream and shower gel from the line. Today if one has luck and on action houses a small bottle of this ?diabolic Elixir´s? can buy can, for expensive money. 25 ml for 150€ are loose in there that you have to pay for if you want to enjoy this wonderful fragrance.

Once applied, the beautiful fragrance will delight for many hours! My 5 (!), reserve bottles with 125 ml will still be enough for me decades.
8.0/10

Tumultuous Tuberose
I found 4 50ml 'snowglobe' bottles of Fragile tucked away on a bottom shelf in a duty free shop I frequent on my incessant travels. Having recently found out that it is an INCREDIBLE Tuberose I bought one (ridiculously inexpensively) and it is fast becoming one of my favorite frags of all time! I'm passing through the same shop again in a few weeks and will definitely buy the remaining stock!

This thick and creamy white floral bounces off the skin with a fizz ... the ginger in the top undoubtedly responsible for this phenomenon! The Tuberose here is lush and plentiful ... and lasts at least 10 hours on my skin. In fact, this fragrance is so well composed (even the musk which I usually abhor is very well behaved) that it's discontinuation boggles the mind. It's not overtly feminine on me. If you like Tuberose and you haven't tried this you are surely missing out on one of the most beautifully crafted white florals of the turn of the century!

Yes, it's heavy ... yes, it throws back to the late 90's ... yes, it'a a sillage monster!! YES, YES, YES ... it has all the things I like in a perfume. Simply wonderful!!! Bravo Mons. Kurkdjian.

by Soraya