Fragile (2001) Eau de Toilette

Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier

Fragile (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-fruity. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Orange, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 27.09.2017

5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Not fragile, but fruity
First of all, I think the sample that I bought of Fragile EDT is a little off. The top notes that I'm experiencing is something that I liken more to the scent of nail polish remover rather than perfume.

Thankfully after the hideousness that was the top notes, I can get a feel for the fragrance once it dries down to the heart. This fragrance is certainly a very green, somewhat sharp tuberose and citrus blend. Because of the way it has been composed, Fragile EDT strikes me as a white floral with fruity nuances, so not as creamy and soft as one would expect.

There's a lot of guts to this fragrance, particularly in terms of the sillage. Some reviewers are mentioning pear, and while it's not listed in the scent pyramid, I can also smell it. Fragile EDT to my nose, smells like a richer, more mature version of Curious by Britney Spears.

It's quite elegant and in some ways classy. The bottle is absolutely captivating with its glittery, snow globe look, however if I owned a bottle I'd be cautious of using it too much, because the snow globe wouldn't function the same way.

EDIT:
I managed to find a tester bottle that wasn't off, and I am happy to report that the pear note is present along with the white florals like I assumed it would be. It's a little different to a majority of white floral scents, and overall quite intriguing.

by Irini