Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier
Bottle Design Centdegrés
Gaultier² is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and men and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

AmberAmber
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.10.2021.

St6625
The journey has come to an end
My first review is about a perfume that is no longer produced. And for good reason, because after all, that's exactly why I landed here on Parfumo.de. This text is not a real review, but my personal experience with the Wässerchen, his attitude and the alternatives.

TRAVEL

Gaultier 2 was also my signature perfume - for more than 10 years. I wore it on all sorts of occasions, received countless compliments over the years, always felt comfortable and often had "this fragrance is you" thrown at me. This perfume was so much me that the news of its discontinuation almost shocked me. In 2016, I was able to grab another 4x120ml on a good deal. That was it then.

Until then, I did not even know that I could be a perfume maniac. After all, I had "my" fragrance and good. Then, however, began in the long desperate search for a suitable successor. Countless trips to the here sparsely scattered perfumeries, tiresome seller recommendations, testers, trial purchases. Nothing fit so right.

Finally, I came across Parfumo.de and now wanted to tackle the matter properly. Based on reviews and especially comparisons, I tested myself with blind purchases across the vegetable garden. More about this below.

My odyssey now over, I've been reorienting myself over the past few years and finally landed on another signature perfume. I still wear Gaultier 2 occasionally when I just feel the urge.

SCENT

The fragrance itself is the least I will talk about. Because everything that I could also report, is already written in the great reviews. Really everything. Gaultier 2 is special and polarized. Personally, I could wear it almost all the time, with a few exceptions. Only on really hot days he did not fit even with me.
If you want to know how this fragrance actually is, you can pull the checksum of the reviews. From "I tear you the clothes from the body" to "bäh" I have experienced everything. With the charming femininity he came mostly extremely positive. But just here - mostly.

Bottom line, from the current perspective, I can understand both the attitude (very special) and the recent hype (very special and attractive). As a niche, it would probably still be available.

Would I recommend Gaultier 2 without reservation? Absolutely not. You find it, try it and the probability that you do not like it as a man is high. Polarizing just. As written below best - love it or hate it.

One (n) can wear him above all also not to impress. If you do not really love him, the wearer will quickly feel uncomfortable.

ALTERNATIVES

Personally, I tried several alternatives at the time in hopes of finding something adequate. Two similar ones have stuck. To put it bluntly: To my knowledge, there is no 100% replacement.

1. L'Arisé 481 (dupe) - actually very close to the original. Durability with me significantly lower. Not quite as captivating as the original. The base note works on me a little too sweet.

2. Ted Lapius Altamir - somehow similar, mine but not. EDP. Durability also lower. I have used it up, but would not buy it again.

3. Dua Error 405 (Dupe, not tested, appeared only 2020)

Furthermore, I have - inspired by the former creator Francis Kurkdjian - several bottlings / samples of his own perfumes (Maison Francis Kurkdjian) tried. Unfortunately, I have not found.

RECOMMENDATION TODAY

Who does not know Gaultier 2 at all and seriously considers to conquer a 120ml bottle for a good 300€ (as of today Ebay), should get L'Arisé 481 before and test. Whom this fragrance twin blows away, who will adore the original. All others should save the money.

CONCLUSION

I hope that this rather sober summary of such an emotional fragrance can help especially those who are considering due to the now almost myth-like image and crazy high price to grab a remaining bottle. That's why I think it makes sense in this case to refer to the dupes - although I'm personally not a fan of replicas.

Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier2
I am so enchanted with this fragrance at the moment but at the same time, I'm so sad that it's been discontinued. I had a decant first and after only one full day of testing on my skin, I tracked down a full bottle for a decent price on eBay (which wasn't easy as the prices for this little gem are now through the roof!)
I must fully disclose that musk doesn't usually work very well on my skin and generally speaking, I don't like it. However, here it is so well done! It smells like an expensive, high-quality musk and mixes so perfectly, beautifully and seamlessly with the vanilla and amber, creating a scent that is rich and intoxicatiing. I am completely obsessed! For a fragrance that only has three notes, it doesn't smell "simple" or "basic." When I wear this, I feel like I stand out from the crowd and I love that impression so much! The first spritz is a little concerning but pay it no attention! It settles down quickly and turns into a gorgeous and clear vanilla/musk/amber combo.
This beauty has become one of my absolute favourites and I will never grow tired of it. So happy to have it as part of my collection!
Daddy, look
My first comment! That I can still experience this. Why the title? Back then, almost 6 years ago, I started my studies. Christmas was just around the corner and I wanted to give my old man a present. After I had usually given wine, high-proof or the like as a present, I thought, this year maybe a perfume. So as an absolute newcomer I went to the blue D. I remember I had smelled my way through at least half of the men's fragrance assortment. I was inexperienced as I was then, I sprayed the fragrances with 5 sprayers on the stripes and smelled them directly on them. Of course, almost everything smelled like alcohol to me, no wonder. Then finally. I liked this JPG with the funny square on it. Firstly, because I didn't know how to pronounce it as a student of a natural science course, and secondly because it smelled so soft and slightly sweet. I didn't have vanilla in mind at the time, but somehow it was the perfume that smelled the most pleasant to me. So I took it with me and gave the old man a 30 or 40ml bottle
Leap in time to the present: The JPG is still in his bathroom, I would estimate that there is still a third in it. Of course, according to him, he never wore it, who believes it ;)
The other day, when I went to dinner with him in the evening, I applied two-three sprayers after showering. Zack! Right to the owner of the restaurant, "Uh, who smells so good?" When I then explained that this was my father's perfume, the expression on his face was of course very amusing for me.
It's a pity it's no longer in production. Very dark, sweet, but also elegant. Durability enormously long, you will definitely be noticed.
But as long as I still have some leftovers at Pap's, they will take it from time to time :)
Former Signature scent
If we use a perfume often, the bottle will of course become emptier and emptier. The way I see it, the bottle is no longer filled with perfume, but with memories.
I wore Gaultier2 almost every day when I was a teenager. My friends used to say that the scent smelled like you.
At that time, I was very much influenced by perfume bottles and this was what fascinated me at the time. Magnets on the back to connect two bottles with each other. The name of the perfume on the inside so you can see it through the perfume.
I tested the fragrance en direct, of course, but I was already very influenced by the presentation (the same with Fleur Du Male at the same time).
The fragrance started my love of vanilla and amber and every time I sniff my now final bottle, I think of all the beautiful and not so beautiful memories of my youth. A lot of drama, school and of course a lot of clubbing.
Lately I see a new hype of this fragrance sprouting on Youtube and Instagram. These people are paying way too much money for the scent. (Probably the need to smell different than everyone else is bigger than the pain of having to pay so much money for the perfume)
The scent is not really complex. Very linear with some vintage character. As I said, I will always keep it in my heart just because of all the memories, but I've stopped wearing it now and I don't wear it anymore. Now I prefer to concentrate on my new fragrances and try to capture some nice memories with them.
Sweet & sexy
Smells sexy and therefore the unisex concept fits well. I can smell the three fragrances from where I read them. Finally! Less is more, but the composition actually makes something unique and interesting. Too bad it is no longer produced. JPG is generally reliable, in my opinion. So also with this fragrance. I bought it about 6-7 years ago, I got to know it through a young man I met at a concert. I must share his anecdote: The bottle was used by him and his girlfriend When the relationship ended, the bottle was also empty. I wonder if that's true I don't know. But I prefer other scents for men
Sweet, sweet Gaultier²
Gaultier² opens with a surge of sweet, juicy vanilla and a hint of orange blossom. The scent is very intense at this time and one wonders if two sprays might have been one too many. The very intense vanilla is joined by something fruity, which is most likely still reminiscent of blackcurrant and/or grape. Malicious people would call this scent a chewing gum note. This, let us say grape note, is latently present over the course of the fragrance. This fragrance is underscored by musk and very sweet amber. In the course of time, as soon as the nose gets used to this sweet raid, a fragrant ambience remains, which reminds me of an admittedly delicious vanilla-caramel cream with honey and burnt orange peel. Without major changes in the fragrance experience, this very linear fragrance dries after an extremely long 10 hours. The projection is also enormous and one is clearly perceived by the environment.
For me, Gaultier² is a very sensual fragrance that creates a pleasant warm and inviting and cosy atmosphere. A cold winter's day in front of a crackling open fire would probably be the perfect application area for this fragrance.
In fact, I feel the perfume is unisex, but would not want to wear it in public except on the occasion mentioned above.
I can recommend Gaultier² for those who want it very sweet and are not afraid to smell of a large portion of vanilla cookies.
Thanks for reading it!
Smells like Christmas to me
Gaultier ² I discovered at that time rather coincidentally in the world-famous store which somehow always smells the same. At that time, I went into business for no particular reason and looked for special or new fragrances. Since I have this fragrance due to a small 20ml bottle on. Since I already own a few more fragrances and most perfumes are always offered in 50ml as the smallest size, I was very happy that there was a small "sample" to buy. Today I have to say that I almost regret having bought the smallest size back then.
I think this perfume is totally great and I associate it with Christmas and Christmas markets. A beautiful winter scent. But now I must also confess that it was already about 4-5 years ago that this fragrance entered my life, whether I still like it today?
Furthermore, I can't say anything more about the scents, but to be honest, I rarely smell out what's in the perfume.
This week I remembered this scent again and since December is just around the corner, I thought I'd have a look on the internet. But the price is extremely high... at that time I paid about 20 Euro but now it is 120 Euro. I don't know why, maybe it won't be made anymore, I don't know but the memory will stay.
That concludes my first comment at Parfumo =)

Red Sun
Gaultier2 was one of my first fragrances 10 years ago, when my collection consisted of only three fragrances. Le Male, Joop Homme and Gaultier2.

I was 17 at the time and I wasn't that well-versed in the world of perfume. However, I still remember exactly how Gaultier2 became my favourite fragrance at that time.

It was autumn and I strolled through a Müller boutique. Even then I liked to take an afternoon off and try out new fragrances.

Dot by the magnetic flacon, I sprayed it on myself. Then I was overcome by this warm feeling. I have to say that for me this perfume is more of a feeling captured in a bottle. By that I mean that I feel the smell more than I smell.

I would like to describe this feeling to you now:

It's autumn. After a long school day with afternoon classes, we walk leisurely to the bus station. It has become a bit colder and you notice for the first time that the summer is really over. The autumn leaves sweep across the street, it's pretty quiet since most people are still working. I adjust my scarf to keep me comfortably warm. I can already see my bus. We're finally going home. Thank God it's the new coach, not the old tin box. After all, I have an hour's drive ahead of me. A time that I like to use to relax and to review the day. I sit down at the window; the seat is comfortable and the bus cushions any unevenness on the road. Besides, you hardly hear any driving noises. It's a new coach. It's 4:00 and the sun is already low. I tilt my back a little backwards, tilt my head to the side and look at the beautiful autumn landscape. On the horizon the autumn sun is enthroned above everything. It is large, fiery red to orange and its edges literally waft. It immerses everything in a warm orange light that still provides minimal warmth. Yeah, that was a good school day today. I lean back and fall asleep warmed by the pleasant heating in the bus, while a shadow theatre takes place on my eyelids, played by the trees and houses in the orange cone of sunlight.

That's how this perfume feels to me and I still can't understand why Gaultier stopped producing it.

To my delight I found a dupe that smells exactly like the original. I received this today, so I'm writing this comment as well. The skin scent appears slightly spicier. From a distance of 20cm it concerns however Gaultier2. After half an hour the skin scent is also identical. The durability is also identical in my opinion. Not weaker and not stronger than the original.

It is perfume no. 481 by L'Arisé, if anyone is interested. I'm not advertising here, I'm just saying the smell's still there.

In any case, it's a pity that the original no longer exists. A great perfume for man and woman

my favourite jumper
First I would like to thank all the enablers on here for piquing my curiosity about Gaultier 2 and finally getting around to blind buying this with confidence after the reviews. The fact that Kurkdjian was behind this was also a selling point for me, I have yet to dislike anything he creates. This is truly a beauty and true to its note pyramid. The vanilla does not turn this into a gourmand, it merely adds a touch of sweetness to it. This is a warm, cozy, balmy, musky oriental-basically everything good. It reminds me of Les Nez's L'Antimatiere and considering it is a lot less expensive despite being discontinued, it knocked the Les Nez off my want list. Both are sweet balmy musks with a whiff of animal. Cozy as a downy blanket, channeling innocence like a babe, yet walking on the wild side after hours. Remember Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's Crazy video? That girl, this scent. Longevity is amazing, it stayed on my cardigan for three days, although I had to give it a close sniff by then. On me sillage is rather close as compared to what the other reviewers got. This is a beautiful resinous musk beauty. Do try it!

Boozy Vanilla
This is definitely an interesting one. I get sweet, boozy vanilla, and a hint of orange blossom (I hear that orange blossom happens to be a signature of the perfumer Francis Kurkdjian). There is also a hint of something fruity there, like a blackcurrant/grape note (some people mentioned "bubblegum").

What this strikes me as is a burnt caramel/rum-drenched vanilla vibe but I also get the amber in the background. I would say it's predominantly vanilla, but not in a creamy way, this is more of a dark, almost burnt, vanilla-rum kind of smell, a lot like the vanilla you find in Guerlain fragrances (i.e. Shalimar).

Overall I think it's sweet and a little gourmand but not overtly so. To me it's quite sensual and blends well with warm skin, giving off a very warm and inviting vibe. Would smell great on men or women, I find it quite playful and flirtatious. Very alluring, and although some may find it sweet, I find it actually balances perfectly, it's on the "darker" side of gourmand-sweet really (cognac & crème brûlée). Definateley a cozy, sexy scent for colder nights with loved ones by the fire. Very warm and very nice.

ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Vanilla with a Joop-like syrupy vibe. Opens very medicinal and becomes smoother and more pleasant on the dry down.

Gaultier² on the moon
by Nisie
by Dennis250691
by Dennis250691
by Morpheus1
Vintage: Jean Paul Gaultier - Gaultier2 125ml EDP (2007)
by MrNiceGuy
by Echtdufte
by XDiable
by XDiable

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier