La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier
La Belle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

Vanilla, Amber, Leather, Vetiver, Green pear, Bergamot, Musk, Floral notes, Roasted notes

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 17.01.2021.

Beauty and the Beast
For me, it is inexplicable that so many people dub this fragrance as a one-size-fits-all.
The pear in combination with the vetiver and vanilla ensures that the fragrance smells more than unique on my skin. I recognize here also no connection to LVEB or otherwise.
Ironically, I actually associate this fragrance with the Disney classic of the same name, as the scent has the elegance of the beautiful Belle and the sillage of a beast. I am quite sure that I would not want to miss this olfactory masterpiece from now on and not only because it was a gift from my better half
Smoky vanilla pear compote
I saw you on the shelf with your bouquet of flowers on your neck and your raspberry colored juice and by then I was blown away...you beamed at me and I had to test you immediately..

The sprayer is very nice rich and 2 spritzes were then but also enough for the whole day. With every movement a fragrance cloud rose and I was then more and more in love with you.

At the beginning, a very fruity smoky sweet pear comes to the fore, which I liked very much. Surprised I was already something, because I do not like pears otherwise so..but here it fit perfectly pure.
As it progressed, the vanilla then came through very strongly and that stayed until the end with a smoky spicy note. Very beautifully made fragrance. I have the fragrance then immediately ordered in 100ml and regret it on no account.

You can always wear it but also on special occasions it is simply beautiful and you are also often addressed to him as well as one smells.I also always find very important.
He has now become a favorite and I never want to miss him again.

Love at first sight
Quickly become one of my favorite scents. For me, this fragrance is at the beginning like a pear-vanilla-caramel cake then develops this fragrance, in my opinion, even more beautiful, somehow sweet, smoky, powdery, creamy, vanilla with a floral undertone.
Benji93
La belle from the point of view of a "le male"
Sorry for the bad pun, but somehow I felt like it. After I have been immersed for some time in the world of perfumes and my girlfriend with it quite on the nerves, she now came - much to my delight - to me and asked me if I would not even look for women's perfumes. No sooner said than done, several samples were ordered for her after some research. La belle was extensively tested by her and especially by me and found to be good. Based on my review, you can see that "good" is actually an understatement. Especially considering that we are in the designer sector and it is a mainstream fragrance, in my opinion. Mainstream sounds now rather negative, but is actually meant positively, because the perfume is also somehow aimed at and that is the perfumers well succeeded.

The fragrance:
At first spraying overwhelms me a fruity sweetness, but already after 2 - 3 minutes something sorted, very intense, but for me still not too sweet comes along. I can not really smell out the pear at least directly at the beginning, much more reminds me something of strawberry? Well, anyway, I like the fruity-sweet very well and also the further course, in which the vanilla then comes more and more, I find very attractive. The fragrance has a good balance and doesn't slip too far into the gourmand for me, even if it has corresponding notes. All in all, a very nice feminine, fruity-sweet, warm fragrance.

I don't feel the fragrance is childish/youthful, but I think it suits young/young-at-heart women more - maybe up to 35.Anyway, I wouldn't buy it for my grandmother.... H/S are both good, not over the top but still solid. On me he lifts funnily enough a good hour longer, than on my girlfriend.

For me, a clear buy recommendation, especially considering the purchase price. PS: The bottle can definitely also be seen
5.5
Jojorere
Because a pretty bottle isn't always enough..
I had heard so much good about the dear 'La Belle', many recommendations and also the reviews here promised a lot. In addition, the fragrance pyramid was also very interesting and not to mention the bottle, because it has actually done it to me very much! :)
But a beautiful bottle is (at least with me) often not enough to move in with me.

I have long tried to talk me the beautiful 'La Belle' good and will describe the fragrance here contrary to most other opinions a little more critical....

After each spraying on, I initially perceived the sweet, delicious pear note, which came over me depending on the mood but also partly too extreme, perhaps too artificial.
After this note is then faded, smelled the so wonderful seeming 'La Belle', but suddenly no longer so wonderful on my skin.
I don't know why we don't want to match, but the scent seemed old, metallic, hard to describe.

As hard as it was for me, I decided against the beautiful 'La Belle' for now, but who knows, maybe one day we will find each other. I don't want to give up hope yet due to all the positive statements! :)
And if not, there are many other great fragrances that will definitely suit me better!
Sexiest Pear Alive
I got to know this fragrance through a sample and have now been able to put it under my nose extensively.

La Belle, the name sounds to me feminine, seductive and also a little girly. This is exactly what the fragrance embodies for me.

Immediately after spraying on, the pear note comes to you in full charge. Sweet, sexy, delicious. In any case, the pear is not green but yellow or almost brown, i.e. fully ripe. So you really have to be a fan of this dominant fragrance, otherwise you won't be happy with it. I think this pear smells pretty much identical to the one in the Ultra Male for men.

In the heart, musk and woody notes are added, accompanied by vanilla. Here the fragrance takes on a soft and creamy, elegant character, and is prevented from drifting into the too girly. For me it stays like this until the end. Therefore I find the fragrance suitable for younger and older women.

The sillage is definitely very good, so you should be careful with it, otherwise it could become too penetrating.

Definitely a great gourmand for the fall, I don't know yet if I would buy it, because it might not be that special and extraordinary for what has been published the last few years
Has Jasmine left yet?
You probably all know it, when at a family celebration, a party, a class trip, a meeting - just in any kind of company - a certain person leaves the room and everybody breathes a sigh of relief. Now you can lean back, now you can relax, now you can enjoy the meeting in peace or finally turn to the real issue. The now absent person has brought a separating disturbing energy with him, which in some way has prevented the community from finding its lineage, its balance. And often one does not even know exactly why. You just notice: Now that she is gone, everything becomes so much easier In perfumes this disturbing energy is often called jasmine or orange blossom.

Like many times in the last 15 years, I have taken a test spray from a typical Gaultier torso, only to be ambivalent again: It's actually a beautiful fragrance, but... How many times I was almost about to buy it because it was so beautiful. But each time, the "but" weighed too heavily. And the next time I went to a perfumery, the same thing started all over again. Oh, how great, but....All had a note that stung my skin unpleasantly, mostly jasmine or orange blossom.

And now this one. Without any white-flowering sting, without obtrusive artificial wood, without fermented fruit acid, without suffocating musk or burnt, biting sweetness.

All the troublemakers and nerds have left the party. I just sit back and enjoy. I enjoy not only the evening, but the whole day in the harmonious company of spicy, mixed fruits, fresh and friendly; pickled in discreetly roasted, sweet vanilla almonds, soft and, due to the lack of acidity, beguilingly mild, yet intense.
This is what happens when the carriers of disruptive energy are no longer present: Everything happens with ease, calm and balanced and at the same time the evening becomes more intense, more real, you come into a calm in which the power lies. And that, this harmony, this natural, intensive flow, where everything, but also everything fits smoothly, that is then the special thing. A blissful experience.
Two Face
You know Batman, you know Two Face. For those of you who don't know Two Face..: Two Face is an adversary of Batman, and has a good side and a dark, bad side in constant conflict with each other. And even if this comparison is a bit far-fetched, La Belle is Two Face for me. Basta!

At first La Belle smells like a pear, omnipresent pear! And here comes Two Face's dark side, because the top note is beyond good and evil. The pear smell is not fresh and tangy as you would expect. No! It's musty! Musty, stale disgusting pear, which has been lying under the warm light in the fruit department for too long and around which the little fruit flies are already dancing samba.
So Two Face stinks for 5-10 minutes before he remembers his good side.
Because as dark as his one side may be, as warm is his other side - if you have a little patience! He shows his warmhearted side in sweet, sugared, warm vanilla, in which the pear is almost imperceptible and mutates from a muff pear to a very subtle fresh pear. The sweetness is caught by a little bit of clean musk, in which you want to snuggle up in winter days like in a cashmere scarf.

And because Two Face had a high drive for justice before he became evil, he remembers his good side and then rewards it with an above-average durability of this last fragrance. He knows he was mean and unfair in the beginning. That's why he wants to make it up to him...

In short: he's going to make it!

My personal Pear Crumble
It's raining. I put on my apron and open the baking book I turn the pages, find the right page quickly.
Here it is... the recipe that lifts my spirits immediately: Pear Crumble.
Sweet, warm and fruity, just the way I like it
I don't need the list of ingredients, I know it by heart.
Take a plump, green, not quite ripe pear.
These are cut into small pieces.

I start and immediately I notice it: the fruit gives off its fresh smell.

Now you turn to the dough, knead it to a homogeneous mass.
Add a few vanilla beans, a pinch of spice is mixed in
In pretty dessert bowls, spread the mixture on the beguilingly fragrant pear pieces.
While the pear crumble slowly turns a light brownish colour in the whirring heat of the oven,
it gives off this wonderful and warm fragrance throughout the house.
The pear now smells more discreet and caramelised, but the vanilla is clearly perceptible and warming through, the spices join in.

A smile spreads on my lips.

Hach, such a wonderful pleasure in the cooler season...
Fruity+Juicy and fucking SEXY;D
Yes, I know I didn't really like talking about this perfume at first, but I take it all back! And I mean that!... You're probably asking yourselves why now or?;D I have fallen head over heels in love with this fragrance and I mean that FIRST! I'm not as much in love with this fragrance as I am with my beloved La nuit tresor, but I'm soooo in love with it, because I don't want to miss it from my collection anymore! At the beginning I know, I was still wondering what you all liked so much about this fragrance or what was special about it... But now I have my answer! It has suddenly pulled me like from nowhere in his train and seduced me *.* When I wear this fragrance then with a lot of pride!
It gives me a certain security and the feeling to be in the center of attention:D
No idea why!... I probably just have too much imagination:D

I'll tell you very briefly how me and La belle got closer;) Soooo...
A few months ago I was with my grandfather in the perfumery:) He was looking for a new fragrance and so was I...
From good scents you simply can't get enough of known white;D
And that's right:))) My grandfather always says a good smell is like a good meal:D Is he right? JA DEVINITIVE!:D
First we tested each other beautifully, through the ladies fragrances he found the new LVEB Intensity beautiful at the beginning and I could not take my nose off my wrist anymore!:D
He asked me what was so enchanting about me, to which I only answered La Belle:D He first just looked at me for a short moment, but then he understood which La Belle I meant:D He took a test strip and put two sprayers on it and sniffed ;)) He just said yeah, he really smells wonderful:D So he tested the men's version and they both liked it very, very much!:))))
I bought a bottling of La Belle and he bought the bottle of the men's version:D I wanted to test this fragrance again at home in peace and quiet to be sure not to make a bad buy.
My grandfather, on the other hand, was sure of his choice and said as long as my nose liked it, I liked it just as well:D

Arrived at home I had to test La Belle!:)) I gave on my clothes 3rd sprayer and enjoyed the mist that gave me around * * My mother ran past me and had to stop briefly:D She asked me wondering what here or who smells so good:D I just grinned at her and she knew what my answer was and said only: Quite a great choice ;D
Also my grandfather said I smell wonderful and very good:)))) So the very next day I applied again and was enchanted again!
Now you probably want to know what the scent is like?:)) Actually, it doesn't need many words except: Fruity, Juicy and damn SEXY!:D But since I like to discuss about the scent process itself I'll tell you everything as good as I can:))

The smell...
Starts sweet but fresh at the same time!
The pear shows itself from its juiciest, most seductive side! *.* I must think of Adam and Eve with this pear funnily enough! The pear has something dangerous, but at the same time is sooo damn seductive so you can not resist to bite into it! You are not allowed to try the pear, but the head and the desire is much bigger!
The vanilla seduces the senses and makes you dream! One is no longer the master of one's senses! And I mean that first of all! So beautiful deep! Wicked But don't drink too sweet The pear and the vanilla unite after a time together and it develops, a tasty syrup which literally the senses but also everything else intoxicates!

There is no fragrance for every day! But devinitive one, fragrance for evening or for a date for two;) It should definitely be worn with a black tight dress and a blood red lipstick! I know normally I don't write like this! But La Belle is dreaming!) Only it must fit the person well!) The scent reminds me a little bit of La nuit tresor a la foil, only this one has an extremely delicious syrup note!)
I can only recommend it!
Test this scent without fail!

VlaryaVlarya 9 months ago
Tested it a lot, still on the fence. Sometimes it is not as sweet as I remembered it: it can get masculine and cold (vetiver note?)
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Only a triad for a sweet-gourmand result, not so original but very pleasant .Good sillage and projection and very precipus bottle.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Zora
by Zora
by CandyScent
by CandyScent
L'homme a inventé le feu.                                 La femme sait comment jouer avec.
by FrauLohse
by Jsmnlmr
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Terrible by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Beau by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier