La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier
La Belle is a popular perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by Puig. Pronunciation

VanillaVanilla AmberAmber LeatherLeather VetiverVetiver Green pearGreen pear BergamotBergamot MuskMusk Floral notesFloral notes Roasted notesRoasted notes

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.05.2022.

Yummie gourmand
I really love this scent.
To me its a pear and vanilla dessert, it’s sweet but with a freshness to it.
I blind bought it because of all the hype this perfume gets on YouTube, and now I can just agree, love love love!
I think it’s a crowd pleaser and signature worthy all year rounder, will stay in my collection as long as it exists.

Scentwitch
Everything has been said.
Everything has been said about this perfume, so I’m writing this for me as a memory.
The perfume is a gourmand. To me it smells like marshmallows toasted over an open campfire. There’s a bit of smokiness to it and it’s very cozy when worn. I would consider this a winter or fall perfume for myself.
I also believe this is a unisex fragrance.
The bottle is beautiful. Sillage and longevity is excellent. Probably worth a 9 ml buy. I would not buy this in a larger bottle because I would not wear it every day.
Beautiful with edges
After I've been lurking around for a long time now, spurred on by all the adulation in forums and on YouTube, you've also moved in with me. The price was unbeatable & I now just wanted to know what all the hype is about. And I can understand the hype.
To this day, I still remember very well from childhood days a neighbor who had the Classique as a signature at the time and you always knew when she had walked through the stairwell. Classique really filled the whole stairwell with its sillage ? to the chagrin of my mother, who found the scent just awful. I too found it far too sweet at the time, but I was still a small child and my nose is of course a different one today.
Why do I tell this? Because La Belle immediately reminded me of it, already when I took the bottle out of the can, this sweet vanilla so typical for Gaultier came towards me & I had no doubt, it could only be a Gaultier, and it was my first own Gaultier.
Immediately the first smell at the bottle without that I had already sprayed, I liked. Of course, immediately applied, very carefully, as I knew about the potency of the fragrance.
He is really very strong in the opening, almost slays me a bit. I have to take a little breath to get involved in the fragrance.
The pear I perceive very strongly, as well as vanilla and it really smells like a pear vanilla dessert. An absolute fall & winter scent in my opinion.
So then a little worn with another careful spray on the collarbone, I did not dare more for now. So I went shopping then and let the fragrance work on me.
He is me contrary to expectations not too sweet, although I had a little concern there. That I can but quite off. But something is there, what tingles me in the nose, a corner or edge that sticks out there. Actually, I always find such corners in fragrances interesting, but in this case I'm sorry to say that it bothers me.
It's either the pear or the vetiver, both notes that were also in my beloved Idole d'Armani and which I was actually sure I would like, since I adored that scent. Strictly speaking, the vetiver also still motivated me to buy.
Therefore, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to think that it must actually be the pear. Similar experience I had namely with Roberto Cavalli Gemma di Paradiso, with which I did not get along at all.
Unfortunately, it is also so disturbing for me with La Belle that I think with a heavy heart, she will not move in with me.
But I must also say fair to the fact that I had ordered at the same time Loverdose Red Kiss by Diesel, which has completely blown me away, as well as my husband. So we both had the direct comparison between La Belle and Red Kiss. We both liked La Belle spontaneously, but we agreed that Red Kiss we like much better (even though of course these are two completely different fragrances, only from the sweetness I think they are comparable).
So I was probably not pure of heart and had thus already lost my heart to Red Kiss.
The me disturbing note I had unfortunately also the whole evening in the nose. The warm, vanilla residue, which I could still perceive the next morning on my T shirt, made me the decision really harder, but ultimately I decided for Red Kiss and against La Belle. The la Belle le parfum still kind of appeals to me though, are they very similar? La Belle le parfum is supposed to be the more grown up, more reserved, better blended sister....
Lnkln
Oh, the sweet childhood days
You know those people who wore scents so present that even in adulthood you remember being aware of them as a child?

Such a person was my kindergarten teacher. I loved her and still visited her sometimes years later. She must have been around 40 at the time I was in kindergarten with her. She was a tough woman, strict and loving at the same time and from today's perspective I would say probably also a woman who knew what she wanted.

Of course, she has not worn this fragrance here, so young I am then again not *laugh*
But in my memory it must have been a very similar. Because she always had this sweet-leathery note around her. Even as a child I noticed her scent, you might think sometimes it was a bit too much, but she always wore it very convincingly.
To this day I don't know what scent she wore and I probably won't find out. But this JPG really does come close, but maybe just in my memory - who knows.

Anyway, when I first tested it, I had this association right away. It smells of childhood, of happy childhood days, even if it was raining and snowing outside. After cotton candy or warm vanilla pudding - in any case after security. I don't smell any fruit, at most a pungent leg in the top note, but fortunately that fades quite quickly. I do find the scent very unround and as has already been written a bit edgy. Nevertheless, he smells like happiness for me.

I would never wear the fragrance myself, however, it would probably be a sure headache guarantor with its presence. But I have found the scent to be very close to my educator. She could wear it well, as well as many tough women (mMn of all ages), who are not afraid to take a room and pull the people in it under their spell - you can probably do that, with the help of this fragrance.
Structureless gap filler
What can you do wrong with the great reviews? So the great bottle (reduced) came as a gap filler with in the online shopping cart to save shipping costs. Typical rookie mistake.
After the first spraying on a pungent smell. Ok, that could probably be the green pear. This is what pear smells like? The scent seems one-dimensional. Good, there is also no pyramid. Again, wait a minute for everything to combine with the skin and temperature. Then all I smell is chaos. The individual fragrance notes behave as if randomly thrown together, but also somehow don't get along. Each component is angular and wants to be in the foreground. As if the fragrance lacks a framework, which gives the individual notes a hold and course.
I also tested it a second time and there confirmed or worsened my first impression even. Now, of course, the fragrance still holds brutally well. Only he becomes more and more exhausting to me with each progressive minute and I had to wash it off then.
In principle, I noticed that I can not do anything with JPG fragrances. Too bad. My first and maybe even last JPG fragrance.
As others have already written, the fragrance must definitely be tried. Please do not buy blindly.
Valensina
That's the nicest compliment...
It was one day at work, a colleague passed me and I got this fragrance no longer from the head. I have Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier in my collection and wear him very rarely because he appears to me at times but something too intrusive, something bothers me about him.
But now to this doozy... I find him in autumn / winter at the most beautiful, because just these roasted aromas in conjunction with the pear envelop me. Like a cozy jacket, I feel comfortable with him and he puts me in a good mood. It gets more sensual and mellow with time on me. Durability is top, I can still perceive him after 8h.
Something should be careful with the dosage, because he is seeeehr present :-)

But the most beautiful compliment has made me my little son (3 years). Mommy you smell so good, after sweets and mom :) just because of this I will keep this fragrance forever!
Franzibm
Where have you been all my life?
My first fragrance by Jean Paul Gautier. I got this one by accident. My best friend had sorted it out and said, "That would be something for you." Mm, I looked at the bottle and realized I'd seen it many times before. How come I've never smelled it? The bottle is a one-to-one reflection of this perfume. Sexy, seductive, sweet, feminine, playful. Well, as we all know, afterwards you're always smarter.
So I tried the fragrance and was flashed. Sweet and flowery. My girlfriend was right: exactly my taste! The durability and silage of this fragrance are stunning. As soon as you spray it on, it's immediately sweet. As time goes by, it becomes more and more sensual. It's wonderful!
My first Gaultier!?
Yes, this will probably be my first Gaultier. Never I felt attracted to these fragrances in the distinctive bottles although I tried it over and over again. Not even the flagships touched me!

Until this pear came along. First thought, boah what an absolutely awesome flacon, there he has outdone himself. What beauty .

Second thought was och that is certainly again no fragrance for me. Is a Gaultier, I just never liked! I am already not enthusiastic about gourmandigen fragrances.

But this one is the hammer. I have to spray him a few times until he had me, but then huge. He has the typical Gaultier DNA, which I actually do not like so much. It comes through but is well captured by that sweet bulky absolutely delicious pear. Almost stuffy, almost too much, but just that's the great thing about it. that's the twist, so much that it's just awesome.

A scent like a pear dessert with cream and toasted almond slivers over it. Simply delicious. I never thought I would want to smell like this!

Since an online perfume house just 30% off this fragrance will this terrific bottle with terrific contents, probably end up in my beginning collection.

Me and a Gaultier who would have thought that. Not me!!!
Warscheinliches is it sieses Oudige something Weihrauchmässige that I smell out, which makes him so attractive for me, I look forward to the autumn, because a summer fragrance it is not.
This was my first review. Yippee!
Maritel
One roasted apple... - no, pear please!
The bottle is beautiful, I would have liked to have a lid for the spray head. But the Lord seems to have probably no pleasure in bottles with lids. Well..

We all know fried apples. In this case, you get served a roasted pear. This scent is really sweet, a 10/10. If I wear it for several consecutive days, I eventually get sick of the sweetness. You have to be in the mood for this scent.
Durability is ok, perceive it 5-6 hrs. Sillage is also good.
Caroeny
Pear compote with a lot of depth
Actually, I did not want him at all...
And that's even true. My goal was to make the new Carolina Herrera my own, but my nice companion tested La Belle, and from that moment I got the sweet pear scent just no longer from the nose. So it came as it had to come, at the checkout the Carolina Herrera was spontaneously exchanged for La Belle. Blissfully I carried my newest acquisition home, and of course it had to be tested immediately (immediately is relative, because I actually struggled with the can, and in the end even used a can opener to get to it. May I be forgiven ). The incredibly sweet pear actually slays you at first, but then makes way for a vanilla seduction of a special kind. In fact, La Belle is one of the few scents that keeps changing on me, and it does. And how! Like I'm being pulled deeper and deeper into darker, more sensual and velvety depths. The pear lingers in the background and a smoky and woody vanilla dominates at the end. What an incredibly great impulse buy.
La Belle was my first Jean Paul Gaultier. But not my last.

ScentwitchScentwitch 4 months ago
Toasty smelling perfume. Warm and cuddly.
VlaryaVlarya 2 years ago
Tested it a lot, still on the fence. Sometimes it is not as sweet as I remembered it: it can get masculine and cold (vetiver note?)
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Only a triad for a sweet-gourmand result, not so original but very pleasant .Good sillage and projection and very precipus bottle.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Zora
by Zora
by CandyScent
by CandyScent
by Tnbb
by Tnbb
L'homme a inventé le feu.                                 La femme sait comment jouer avec.
by FrauLohse
by Frances2509
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular by Jean Paul Gaultier

Le Mâle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier La Belle Le Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Essence de Parfum by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (2017) (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² (2005) by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier Le Mâle Eau Fraîche Popeye Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Pin-Up by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense by Jean Paul Gaultier Gaultier² Eau d'Amour by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Parfum) by Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night by Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Mâle by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Eau Fraîche Betty Boop Edition by Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile (Eau de Toilette) by Jean Paul Gaultier