La Belle by Jean Paul Gaultier

La Belle is a new perfume by Jean Paul Gaultier for women and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Puig.

Sonia Constant

Top Notes Top NotesGreen pear
Heart Notes Heart NotesBergamot
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.08.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

One of many
Yesterday by a completely stupid coincidence came to an attempt of La Belle. I didn't have this impressive red woman on my screen at all.

Actually I'm not at all into the Gaultiere (sorry for the name, the lady in the perfumery used it yesterday, because so many customers call it, just German, as one speaks *g*), the basis is nothing for me
But the...? This is completely different and only very subliminal, almost non-existent, one smells the JPG base. It starts sweet and fruity, really squeaky, very short time later follows a vehement biscuit dough smell, but not really tasty (for me, although I like biscuit dough!), but hot sugar. I had already finished inside with the admittedly nice looking lady. But this slightly bitter sugar biscuit dough note, which seems rather strange to me, disappears very quickly and then
the fragrance is very cuddly, round and sweet. Gourmandig.

He reminds me a lot of Poison Girl by Dior.

The Sillage invites you to spray, not very durable and fast very close, but a beautiful fragrance.
But it also reminds me of several fragrances in this direction at the moment, hence the title. The individual perfumers felt only 1-2 nuances changed with the quite similar fragrances.

The bottle is an eye-catcher. Maybe he will move in with me sometime, when I feel like Poison Girl again. Similar to "The Only One" by D&G.
6.0 6.0/10

Anika
The winter gaultier for the woman of the current fragrance creations
The day before yesterday was a warm, sunny day I spent in town. The best friend and I strolled with some bags into the perfumery of my confidence. I was explicitly looking for novelties and discovered an attention-seeking young man dressed in fig leaf. ;)
I've liked him olfactory before.

So I turned into the ladies department full of expectation to get to know the feminine counterpart. As an absolute Gaultier-Addict my heart was beating faster when I sprayed the futuristic looking bottle trustingly directly onto my left forearm.
Surprise: it has no resemblance to Classique (rose, orange blossom) or Classique Essence de Parfum (very similar bottle)!
La Belle starts warm, Christmassy sweet with a synthetic pear note. It could also be pear and apple. I'm not sure if there's a spicy note (I lean out of the window: delicate carnation, cardamom, etc.) in it, because it reminds me of winter time - or if pear Hélène is simply a typical dessert, which is served at our party. It follows sugar (?) if that makes sense for other readers. Typical Gaultier, sugary sweet and full-bodied. After a while vanilla and for me indefinable flowers are still present. The pear still smells. My companion feels the pear more like an almond. In summary, it becomes heavy floral with dominant caramelized pear (sugar shock). Perhaps it would have worked for me if it had been launched at the end of November.

Well, what do I think of the "beautiful one"? Perfume is an offshoot of its time. It reminds me in general strongly of "La vie est belle" by Lancome and the remaining (too) sugary, flowery scents of the last two years.
He develops little, is honest from the beginning in his ingredients.
About durability and Sillage I can say nothing, because I was in a hurry to see my shower again after the city stroll! ;) but who knows the past sweethearts, knows that Gaultier does not let himself be ragged there and gives proper gas.

The bottle is (still) pretty, but the flower chain around the neck looks a bit kitschy. I'm afraid that's not my case. The color of the perfume is exciting and reminds me of Joop Homme, whom I really like.
But it doesn't help anything. You're not my cup of tea!
Meanwhile I wait with much love for the next Gaultierduft and hope it is something for my nose again.

by Sweetsmell75